• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.

cdyhybrid

Anyone know of any good, clean alternatives to ElvUI? Don't want to download/configure 8 different addons for each aspect of the interface.

Ret Paladin dosn't feel that much different to before, although it is nice not having to keep Inquisition up all the time.

Havent yet logged into my Combat Rogue alt, but I'm guessing (hoping) the changes to combo points will be a boon.

Felspawn

To say "3 buttons lol" is just hyperbole, either you're intentionally being reductive or you actually have no idea what you're talking about, either is pretty ridiculous in this context.

Well i have no idea what i'm talking about, lol i dont play a hunter and was just casually looking at their abilties while killing things on the timeless isle. Having said that it does look like just as i'm waiting for with paladin level 100 talents Hunter Talents make up a very large part of customizing the experience, to be as passive (or not ) as you want it. Arms warrior still seems pretty damn basic though

Rapstah

My Haunted Memento that I sold for 3000 gold back in 2011 just re-appeared in my bank. Is this a known problem or did I just have one in there without knowing it for this long?

I dunno, my hunter didn't feel significantly different rotationally. Yeah I don't put serpent sting up at the start of a fight, oh god the humanity, but otherwise it's juts the 800 cooldowns you don't have anymore, which is awesome. Otherwise it's the same as it was for me.

So, cooldowns aside:

-Kill shot (Only legitimate rotational loss imo, and only for Surv).
-Don't serpent sting once per fight. Who gives a shit.
That's all.

BM still has Kill Command, Steady, Arcane, Kill Shot and the Talent tier (Barrage/Glaive toss). That's minus precisely 1 button from live, which was serpent sting and BARELY useful. You still have Bestial Wrath and Frenzy stacks for CD management (both pretty short) Dire Beast, Stampede, AMOC, all talented you may or may not be using, but not too different from before. This is seriously like, minus Rapid Fire, Minus Serpent Sting, and MAYBE minus stampede if yo udon't want the CD.

Survival is still Cobra, Arcane, Black Arrow, Explosive, Barrage/Glaive talent. Exact same number of primary rotation buttons as BM. No major CD to speak of besides talents, only real loss there.

MM is Chimera, Steady, Kill, Aimed, Glaive/Barrage, and has Rapid Fire for a CD along with talents.

None of these rotations are any simpler than they were realistically, you're short like one infrequently used button for your main rotation and then you're out some DPS CDs which were stupid as fuck on hunters (Seriously, macro them together or make like 4 keybinds, they were stupid).

To say "3 buttons lol" is just hyperbole, either you're intentionally being reductive or you actually have no idea what you're talking about, either is pretty ridiculous in this context.
This has been my experience as a hunter too (mostly BM). I just miss being able to use rapid fire and both crows and stampede at the same time. Sting was used mostly out of habit. Otherwise, it's such a minor adjustment compared to what I've been hearing in other classes.

Boogdud

This has been my experience as a hunter too (mostly BM). I just miss being able to use rapid fire and both crows and stampede at the same time. Sting was used mostly out of habit. Otherwise, it's such a minor adjustment compared to what I've been hearing in other classes.

I think most of the problem is that they took out the extra 'buttons' but didn't change the core spells at all. So you're just left with a hole where those dps abilities used to go. Take away the ability to crows/stampede/kill shot and serpent sting etc., but you have to make up for that somewhere. It doesn't feel like they've done that (especially when you see where they're falling vs other classes atm).

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
I dunno, my hunter didn't feel significantly different rotationally. Yeah I don't put serpent sting up at the start of a fight, oh god the humanity, but otherwise it's juts the 800 cooldowns you don't have anymore, which is awesome. Otherwise it's the same as it was for me.

So, cooldowns aside:

-Kill shot (Only legitimate rotational loss imo, and only for Surv).
-Don't serpent sting once per fight. Who gives a shit.
That's all.

BM still has Kill Command, Steady, Arcane, Kill Shot and the Talent tier (Barrage/Glaive toss). That's minus precisely 1 button from live, which was serpent sting and BARELY useful. You still have Bestial Wrath and Frenzy stacks for CD management (both pretty short) Dire Beast, Stampede, AMOC, all talented you may or may not be using, but not too different from before. This is seriously like, minus Rapid Fire, Minus Serpent Sting, and MAYBE minus stampede if yo udon't want the CD.

Survival is still Cobra, Arcane, Black Arrow, Explosive, Barrage/Glaive talent. Exact same number of primary rotation buttons as BM. No major CD to speak of besides talents, only real loss there.

MM is Chimera, Steady, Kill, Aimed, Glaive/Barrage, and has Rapid Fire for a CD along with talents.

None of these rotations are any simpler than they were realistically, you're short like one infrequently used button for your main rotation and then you're out some DPS CDs which were stupid as fuck on hunters (Seriously, macro them together or make like 4 keybinds, they were stupid).

Yeah I agree with you. The priority is just a little bit different and simpler now which takes getting used to and you have to make sure you are doing it correctly. Same thing happened last expansion and in cata.

The damage output is just horrendous though.

Peachpies

healed heroic garrosh, didn't get a ww heirloom that I thought was 100%.

Sad times.
Heirloom from Garrosh is 100% only under the condition that you have not gotten an heirloom on that character and difficulty before. For example, my paladin has gotten flex, normal, and heroic boa before 6.0 so she has 0 guaranteed heirlooms. My priest got a flex heirloom but not a normal or heroic so now in 6.0 she has 2 guaranteed heirlooms, 1 from Heroic and 1 from Mythic but not from normal since she already got a flex heirloom. The general drop rate for heirlooms was also increased though.

Mothman91

So for heirloom drop, is it guaranteed I'll get a piece that'll be usable for that character? Am thinking of doing normal run and getting a heirloom on my priest....but hoping its a staff or a 1her that I can use on him.

Fjordson

So for heirloom drop, is it guaranteed I'll get a piece that'll be usable for that character? Am thinking of doing normal run and getting a heirloom on my priest....but hoping its a staff or a 1her that I can use on him.
Yes. Your first heirloom will be the staff on your priest.

Question: does anyone know if heirloom drop rates in general have been upped? Or is it only for that initial spec-appropriate heirloom?

Peachpies

The first Heirloom you get on each character and difficulty is always for your currently selected loot specialization (3 total per character), you can also get mace and offhand on priest, but after that it's random

Question: does anyone know if heirloom drop rates in general have been upped? Or is it only for that initial spec-appropriate heirloom?
The drop rate for all the heirlooms was increased

cdyhybrid

I'm almost done grinding to Exalted with Black Prince, so once I finish that, all my free time will be grinding the Timeless Isle for coins/rep. That mount will be mine eventually. Need to get dat UBRS mace first, though.

Fjordson

I'm trying to grind that right now. I think I'm about 5000 into revered. Yuck.

I have like 120k coins. Mostly grinding for the charms so I can upgrade all of the gear I have
Yeah, I basically solo grinded the whole thing and it was a pain. But the mount is actually pretty cool I think.

Is there a Timeless Isle equivalent in WoD? If there is I may end up transferring to a PvE server. Going to Timeless Isle was literally one of the worst experience I've ever had in WoW.

Not entirely sure if leveling is faster or slower. At level 44 and a third on my new hunter post 6.0 after 13 hours played. Though at least an hour and a half of that was setting up/fixing UI, and probably at least another hour worth of dicking around running to far away zones and the like.

And Orc females are definitely pretty hawt now. Trolls look a lot better too. Still mixed feelings about Tauren, male Orcs.

Looking to make use of that instant 90 boost with the WoD upgrade.

Just don't know what class to pick next, I've got a Paladin(ret) who is still levelling blacksmithing and mining. I was considering making my second character do enchanting so I can stop selling all the green/blues at vendors.

So my question is; what would be the best class be for enchanting OR which class has good "benefits" like mages with teleport.

Tacitus_

Is there a Timeless Isle equivalent in WoD? If there is I may end up transferring to a PvE server. Going to Timeless Isle was literally one of the worst experience I've ever had in WoW.

As in a single small-ish area where loads of people will congregate?

AFAIK, not at first, the max level stuff is somewhat spread around. However they've said that the will introduce an area like it with each content patch.

cdyhybrid

I need to find a transmog to last me until WoD and those sweet, sweet Orc armor sets.

Haven't bothered with any transmog so far (just boosted to 90 last week), so my look is 100% struggle right now:

wOXbxA0.png

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Looks like ICC gunship got hotfixed. Solo'd it in about 10 seconds. Just shoot the canon a few times and it's over.

Don't think anyone is gonna defend Fury, shit got gutted. Though, you also really should be counting Execute.

I like fury, colossus smash system was absolute garbage for target switching. The damage variance without stormbolt and colossus smash was too great, switching targets was a PITA. One wasted CS dump and your dps went down too much. I don't get the lack of buttons, blood thirst, wildstrike, raging blow, sudden death, stormbolt, bloodbath and at 100 siegebreaker or ravager is enough for me. If you're still finding downtime for whatever reason (low crit?), spec unquenchable thirst.

mylasthope

Neo Member
Normal (formally known as flexible) and Heroic (formally known as Normal) are loot based so you can kill a boss multiple times without worrying about locking yourself out, mythic which was heroic is still lockout based.

Thank you, but I'm trying to see if I can just skip to Garry. I've joined multiple PUGs and down all of the bosses in H SoO other than Jug - Naz + Garry. If I were to start up my own group, I'm guessing we'd start at Jug, correct? If so, what happens once I down Jug - Naz? Can I just make another group and will I start at Garry?

Fjordson

Lmao, that's great. Love the skymirror stuff in shrine. Almost every night I log on there are people are running around as some weird, big ass model.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom