• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vesmir

Banned
I need to find a transmog to last me until WoD and those sweet, sweet Orc armor sets.

Haven't bothered with any transmog so far (just boosted to 90 last week), so my look is 100% struggle right now:

wOXbxA0.png
The tabard makes it work

Okay so if I'm understanding things correctly, you get the high level recipes for professions through garrison quests but you can buy the basic recipes at vendors? Just trying to figure out whether I need to invest significant time into building garrisons to benefit from an alt's professions or whether they just need to be 90. So far I don't like what I've read about professions, JC in particular seems like it's going to be almost useless since gem slots will be so rare.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Brewmaster has so many goddamn buttons I don't even know where to put them all. I use a razr Naga and my entire numbers row is used up and I *still* feel like there are abilities I'd like easier access to (ie not clicking on 'em)

Tornhelm

Neo Member
Just hit 90. It's been about 3 years since i've had a max leveled character in WoW.

So lost.

• Go to Timeless Isle, loot boxes for item pieces, don't worry about the quests or farming anything else, use the tokens for a partial gear upgrade.
  • Do the WoD questline for a few more upgrade pieces.
  • Run Last Stand of the Zandalari (and possibly the next wing it unlocks) in LFR until you get to Friendly Shado Pan Assault rep and then go and gear yourself out in mostly full 522 armor. (I had to go up to the first boss in the second wing).
  • If Horde, disable Alterac Valley and Isle of Conquest (if Alliance, run Alterac Valley) and farm battlegrounds to get Season 15 gear.

You're now able to do pretty much all content.

If you're not a Hunter and have the spare cash you can get a servicable weapon from the AH (as well as a couple of ilvl 553 pieces), if you are a Hunter though the only fast way to get an upgrade from a 450 weapon is to run non AV/IoC battlegrounds for the 3500 honor. Which will pretty much double your DPS by itself.

Felspawn

Yeah as much as i like Tier 2 every other paladin i see is wearing it, i went for something a little different, something that looks more practical and yet still recognizable as a Paladin

Nightsbane.jpg

Rokam

Heh, I'm rocking the re-colored Lightforge from TBC complete with a Verigan's Fist look-alike. I too like to remind everyone I'm stuck in the past.

I was using this when I was a draenei, but with Marrowstrike because it matches perfectly. And why should we let go?? It's the best set Blizzard has designed! I'll gladly drop it for Normal Tier 17 though.

I actually see more pallies running the Challenge mode set these days than T2.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
  • Go to Timeless Isle, loot boxes for item pieces, don't worry about the quests or farming anything else, use the tokens for a partial gear upgrade.
  • Do the WoD questline for a few more upgrade pieces.
  • Run Last Stand of the Zandalari (and possibly the next wing it unlocks) in LFR until you get to Friendly Shado Pan Assault rep and then go and gear yourself out in mostly full 522 armor. (I had to go up to the first boss in the second wing).
  • If Horde, disable Alterac Valley and Isle of Conquest (if Alliance, run Alterac Valley) and farm battlegrounds to get Season 15 gear.

You're now able to do pretty much all content.

If you're not a Hunter and have the spare cash you can get a servicable weapon from the AH (as well as a couple of ilvl 553 pieces), if you are a Hunter though the only fast way to get an upgrade from a 450 weapon is to run non AV/IoC battlegrounds for the 3500 honor. Which will pretty much double your DPS by itself.

Thanks for that.

I had a look at Timeless, picked up some random gear, got my ass kicked by some mobs, Good times.

Will head back there shortly and finish off the treasure hunting.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
Anything and everything "fun" in WoW has dumb cooldowns or limited uses or whatever. I don't even know why people bother collecting those dumb things.

The CM pally set is/was really good. Shame I didn't have a 90 paladin to take advantage of it when it was available.

That and the druid one were probably my favorite designs.

cdyhybrid

Guess I'll farm up some PvP gear once I finish my Black Prince rep. All these Alliance players that only attack you after you pull mobs, it's shameful.

Tornhelm

Neo Member
Thanks for that.

I had a look at Timeless, picked up some random gear, got my ass kicked by some mobs, Good times.

Will head back there shortly and finish off the treasure hunting.

Keep a look at the raid finder when you upgrade gear - pretty much as soon as Last Stand of the Zandalari unlocks, run it and then if needed do the second wing. Then all you need to do is go to the quartermaster at the Shado Pan Monastery in Townlong Steppes as soon as you hit Friendly (you can drop raid at this point if you don't feel like finishing it off) and you can pretty much completely outfit yourself in ilvl 522 gear for gold (you'd be missing the weapon, a ring and a trinket from memory).

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
Lol.. just finished an UBRS where I got no loot and now this dumb crash. Back to Hearthstone.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.

Boogdud

So hunters pretty much got a 15% buff to pretty much everything, murder of crows got buffed 80% lol. Makes you wonder wth they were thinking. It's not like this is new, makes me wonder if they're paying attention in the beta because all of this has been complained about for at least a month or more.

So hunters pretty much got a 15% buff to pretty much everything, murder of crows got buffed 80% lol. Makes you wonder wth they were thinking. It's not like this is new, makes me wonder if they're paying attention in the beta because all of this has been complained about for at least a month or more.

Blizz being Blizz, Demo just got an across the board 20% nerf to every spell.

Peachpies

They are not really paying attention to beta or ptr as this whole mess with stat squish will show you. While a lot of the stuff in warlords is nice the tuning and class balance is going to make it very hard to enjoy and they do not have people capable of fixing it.

vocab

A lot of information they collected on the beta was flatout garbage or they stopped collecting a long time ago.

Its like they learned nothing after the mop beta.

JSoup

Banned
Found group that was right at Garrosh.
We wipe three times, I'm second in DPS.
Four try, tank quits after pull, we wipe.
"Hey, the fire mage did 1K DPS."
"Well, yeah, no shit, I got off one attack before we were slaughtered, you just saw-"
Kicked from group.

I just....love the WoW community so damn much.

antonz

They handled Level 90 poorly. When it came to stat squish they ignored it until pretty much the last minute. Hell SOO was set to auto scale you down to like 540 even at lvl 100.

Some of the classes right now are sucking damage wise not because the spec is bad and needs a buff but because of how they remade the class.

Frost Mage for instance relies on Multistrike heavily for its damage yet at 90 we have 0 multistrike so obviously frost mage is going to blow right now. Fire was performing so well not because of some massive conspiracy. Simply because Fire was not tied to a new stat no one has. Fire remains tied to crit so obviously its going to perform just fine.

Found group that was right at Garrosh.
We wipe three times, I'm second in DPS.
Four try, tank quits after pull, we wipe.
"Hey, the fire mage did 1K DPS."
"Well, yeah, no shit, I got off one attack before we were slaughtered, you just saw-"
Kicked from group.

I just....love the WoW community so damn much.

People will hit yes instantly for no other reason than to remove the box from their screen.

The 2nd to last class was a boomkin. I don't find Boomkin fun at all. The last one I did was elemental shaman. Nice and smooth. Did 86-90 all tonight. Now I can just fool around and I might have to RMA my video card before WOD hits.

This game and I have had an on and off relationship since 2005. I played a lot back then, but only leveled a nelf warrior to 24 before putting it down. I picked it back up in 2008 and got an undead lock to 47 before getting bored.

However, about two weeks ago I felt like I wanted to play and Blizz had given me pandaria free so I resubbed with the expectation that I'd drop it after a few weeks. Well, been playing during most of my free time and in between reviews and I just hit level 82 with a BE windwalker Monk. This game has grabbed me in a way it never did before. Looking forward to warlords. I've been doing dungeons via dungeon finder, any tips for how to jel with raid groups? I have never done one and don't want to make an ass out of myself when I do.

Also heirlooms, what's the deal with those?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom