• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
I remember when Blizzard said they'd re-add these sets... :( (The red one that is)

You are remembering wrong. That is the 2200 gear, it's unobtainable unless you're 2200 for that season, and I'd bet dollars to donuts they don't track that.

9FEobNY.png

This is how you paladin by the way. Strike fear into the hearts of the wicked and let them know justice prevails.

I've been doing dungeons via dungeon finder, any tips for how to jel with raid groups? I have never done one and don't want to make an ass out of myself when I do.

Also heirlooms, what's the deal with those?
Being polite goes a long way as well as being honest about first time on bosses or not understanding a mechanic. Most of the time it'll be appreciated you want to learn and improve. LFR mode no one asks anything (sometimes for the best) but anything higher you'll want to say something.

Not to say you won't run into pure assholes from time to time. :/ Try to ignore them.

Heirlooms are weapons and gear that can be used across your account - aka on any toon that you play. They scale as you level so you don't need to replace them until you hit the level limit on them. They're still specific to classes though so mailing mail agility gear won't do anything for a clothy that needs intellect.

JSoup

Banned
You are remembering wrong. That is the 2200 gear, it's unobtainable unless you're 2200 for that season, and I'd bet dollars to donuts they don't track that.

This is how you paladin by the way. Strike fear into the hearts of the wicked and let them know justice prevails.

Please tell me you read Goblins. :D

antonz

Can't kill much on the timeless island as a priest, I think I just suck.

Slowly getting purples though from the island.

Some of the island stuff still hits like a freight train on cloth wearers. Those charging yanguol hit me for like 35k when they charge and they are always in pairs so its like GG 70k hit

cdyhybrid

Some of the island stuff still hits like a freight train on cloth wearers. Those charging yanguol hit me for like 35k when they charge and they are always in pairs so its like GG 70k hit

Easiest things to start off with are the cranes and yaks and turtles.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
Just did Gary in lfr, Not too bad. Impressed how far these pugs have come since early MoP. Lfr was awful back then.

StayDead

Anything and everything "fun" in WoW has dumb cooldowns or limited uses or whatever. I don't even know why people bother collecting those dumb things.

Kalytha's Haunted Locket is one of the only ones that doesn't. Lasts 30 mins but only has a 15 minute cooldown.

The good thing is with a toy menu is you can constantly activate the different ones easily.

Mothman91

Went from level 33 to 44 just doing instances. At this point I haven't done a quest since level 18 or so...

just been doing dungeons @_@
My Druid is like that. Haven't left org since I was able to queue. He's 50 now lol.

Edit: it seems a lot faster now. You get bonus experience for downing bosses which are "optional"

My Druid is like that. Haven't left org since I was able to queue. He's 50 now lol.

Edit: it seems a lot faster now. You get bonus experience for downing bosses which are "optional"

It's funny because you get great gear and experience, but then you don't ever solo anything so you don't really get to see what the gear can do.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Finally got my last class to 90 the old fashioned way, with heirlooms though.

It's funny. I've always wanted to just do the max level of each class on one server/faction thing, but I'm always llike 'no that means I play too much' .... while I grind old reputation that likely takes longer than leveling a character, is more dull, and I only do it to fill a bar.

I think I'm going to be taking my hunter first into WoD, but I need to decide if I'm going to keep her as a female Pandaren or turn her into a male Orc or something.

M.D

"Note: All class balancing changes below will require a realm restart to take effect."

So unless a rolling restart is scheduled before then, yes.
I remember a realm restart taking place after the patch was released so thought it might happen for this as well, but I could be wrong about when it happened. Might have been before the patch and I have the days confused

strafer

I don't know what that is, but it's fun to be a Paladin but look badass like a Samurai or Batman =p

Come at me WoD:

Don't know if it's worth it, but it couldn't hurt to have a little boost on Sargeras so I can get as ahead as possible when it releases.

damn bruh

is that really necessary?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Today my pet went from never dropping any hp on any Firelands boss to getting 2 shotted by Baleroc, Shannox, and Majordomo.

This is all over the place.

StayDead

My first ever WoW character made back at TBC launch is now max level. I got my druid, my rogue and a boosted paladin there before her, but it's been a long journey for my mage.

Firstly she was an undead male. I raid led all throughout TBC until black temple when I decided to switch to a resto druid as I was bored of DPS. Since then my druid has been my main and sometime in WoTLK, I think it was one new years eve I decided to make both my characters female. I was a female undead for a while until I faction changed/server transferred to Silvermoon and she's been a gnome female ever since. I can't believe how long I've had this character or even how long I've played this game o_O

Support finally responded to my ticket yesterday and got my deleted lock back from the dead. It's been so long. There's always that initial stage of running instances and quests where I can't remember my keybinds or my rotations and abilities. After finishing the QoD questline, I jumped into LFR lol. Yup it's still LFR. People wiping on the dumbest things. Standing in lasers beams and what not. Is it true I can go full 522 gear with gold from Shad Pan Assault rep? I may as well do that since I think i bumped all MoP reps to exalted before quitting almost a year ago.

Oh, also I had a leftover primal egg from before I quit. Opened it up and it was the green raptor mount - the last one i needed.

Rizzi

Support finally responded to my ticket yesterday and got my deleted lock back from the dead. It's been so long. There's always that initial stage of running instances and quests where I can't remember my keybinds or my rotations and abilities. After finishing the QoD questline, I jumped into LFR lol. Yup it's still LFR. People wiping on the dumbest things. Standing in lasers beams and what not. Is it true I can go full 522 gear with gold from Shad Pan Assault rep? I may as well do that since I think i bumped all MoP reps to exalted before quitting almost a year ago.

As long as you're friendly you can get their gear. So yeah. It made my warrior infinitely more fun.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
Not worth wasting gold on gear. You can get so much free gear from Timeless and then use 550 pvp gear to fill in the empty slots and pull up your ilvl. Then you can just run seige over and over after you've farmed seals for bonus rolls. Ubrs loot is all 550 too. People (like me) can gear a brand new 90 in 483 stuff in a day or two.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Wow so glad I rolled on a PvP realm. Literally can't do anything on Timeless Isle. This fucking sucks, considering spending 20 euros just so I can actually play the fucking game. I know it's technically my own fault but man it really sucks the fun out of it.

I'm an expert

Buying gear that will be obsolete after a few raid or dungeon runs? Or completely useless in 3 weeks? I'd say whatever if the de facto currency of wod wasn't going to be gold.

One of my char instant disconnects as soon as I move on him, think I messed him up when I took the boat to booty bay, after that I was swimming through the air for awhile and no npc's or players phasing in. Now when I log in I can stand still for awhile, but as soon as I move I disconnect. Guild tab shows me online. I don't think this is a client side problem, so I opened a ticket. If it is though, does anyone know how to fix it or have they run into it before?

M.D

Is there any way to check latency and fps other than looking at action bar? I installed Bartender 4 and changed the action and now I don't have all the usual icons like journal, mount collection and all that

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
If they're making a new textured bulwark, they ought to remodel Wolfslayer Sniper Rifle too. Even Blizz knows its the best gun. They use it all the time in SoO.

I got my UBRS wolf. He's adorable.

As long as you're friendly you can get their gear. So yeah. It made my warrior infinitely more fun.
Not worth wasting gold on gear. You can get so much free gear from Timeless and then use 550 pvp gear to fill in the empty slots and pull up your ilvl. Then you can just run seige over and over after you've farmed seals for bonus rolls. Ubrs loot is all 550 too. People (like me) can gear a brand new 90 in 483 stuff in a day or two.
Thanks. I don't mind spending money. What i-level is required to get into UBRS? I know I'm too low atm. Sitting at about 502. Might get up to 522 with gold and then see what LFR raids I can do after that.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
QoL suggestion and bag space suggestion:

Just charge me the price of a Tome of Knowledge whenever I want to switch talents. The tomes are bought from the readily available vendor mount, so it just seems like an arbitrary middle man at this point. Instead of me clicking the mammoth mount button, right clicking the tome or carrying around 3 stacks of tomes, just charge me for the talent change.

TheYanger

haha well i have items distributed by uses and type, all in different bags. That bag sorting button just dumps everything into my last two bags. Probably wouldn't be an issue if I'd download a mod to make all the bags one instead of five.

You can set what each bag contains, and then the sort button and the loot you get will automatically distribute correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom