• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peachpies

wut?! where do you change the settings? I've been away from the game far too long lol.
The bag sorting organizes everything by type/slot for me..
If you click on the bag icon in the upper left corner of each bag you can assign it gear/consumables/trade items or to be ignored by sorting.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Yay, Hallow's End!

hallowsendpdup2.png

That Lich King costume added this year is nice, so are the new pets (I think they are new anyway, don't remember those new cats from last year).

komplanen

God damn Europe is having connection/login issues. Can't login and there's no ETA. At least I have my turn in the sauna in 25 minutes so I can just relax and wait for Blizz to fix it.

Loving the 6.0.2 so far

- I'm having a blast playing MM Hunter (haven't played one at 90 ever)
- Love the new bow/gun sounds
- I think the Nelf male running animation is neat. Some people really hate it but I chose Nelf male especially after I saw the new animation :-D
- LFRs are easy
- Everyone farms frogs on Timeless Isles (apparently best way to get those Lesser Charms you use for item upgrades (new in 6.0.2) and they also made it so that you can have more than 3 of them bonus roll tokens per week)
- I got Heroic tier gloves from Celestials, upgraded 4 times, threw some gems in and slapped on an enchant. All this within 24h of boosting :)

epmode

Are the proving grounds not tuned properly or am I just awful? I started the bronze tank test as a mage and a mob group attacks the tank, each with ~200k HP. How am I supposed to handle that kind of HP pool after the 6.0.2 stat squish?

mileS

Anyone with a feral druid here? I was watching soda play on cdew's stream and it was absolutely disgusting how fast he was killing things. Recent hotfixes buffs feral by a decent amount. How were they doing as far as raiding? Because pvp wise they seemed to be even more OP.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Rösti did you upgrade your computer? Much higher resolution now!

Being polite goes a long way as well as being honest about first time on bosses or not understanding a mechanic. Most of the time it'll be appreciated you want to learn and improve. LFR mode no one asks anything (sometimes for the best) but anything higher you'll want to say something.

Not to say you won't run into pure assholes from time to time. :/ Try to ignore them.

Heirlooms are weapons and gear that can be used across your account - aka on any toon that you play. They scale as you level so you don't need to replace them until you hit the level limit on them. They're still specific to classes though so mailing mail agility gear won't do anything for a clothy that needs intellect.

Thanks. I'm guessing Heirlooms are rare drops in raids?

Peachpies

Thanks. I'm guessing Heirlooms are rare drops in raids?
The level 90 heirloom weapons are dropped from Garrosh in normal, heroic, and mythic difficulties. The first time you kill him on a character in each difficulty he will drop an heirloom weapon for your loot specialization and on future kills of that difficulty he has a chance to drop a random heirloom weapon. There are also leveling heirlooms that you buy from guild vendor, pvp vendor, darkmoon fair and argent crusade vendor.

The level 90 heirloom weapons are dropped from Garrosh in normal, heroic, and mythic difficulties. The first time you kill him on a character in each difficulty he will drop an heirloom weapon for your loot specialization and on future kills of that difficulty he has a chance to drop a random heirloom weapon. There are also leveling heirlooms that you buy from guild vendor, pvp vendor, darkmoon fair and argent crusade vendor.

Cool, thanks for the info.

Hixx

Brilliant. That bug from the other night is back, will have to wait for a server restart to play any of my characters again. Bravo.

Rösti;134886952 said:
Yay, Hallow's End!

hallowsendpdup2.png

That Lich King costume added this year is nice, so are the new pets (I think they are new anyway, don't remember those new cats from last year).
Those shoulders aren't blocky enough.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Rösti did you upgrade your computer? Much higher resolution now!
No, I increased it to 1920x1080 (though part of the right got cut off for some reason) for screenshot purposes only, and added some anti-aliasing. I still play in 640x480 in uglycraft mode.

Robin64

Glad to see the quick way to Stormwind still works. Finish the Stink Bombs Away! quest, but instead of going back to Undercity, close the game. Open back up and you're at Eastvale Logging Camp. Woop.

So the stat squish doesn't seem to impact player health as much as I thought it would. Pre-max level it seems like how I thought it would be, but if 90s have 100k health already it seems like player health is still going to be really high in the expansion. Or have they really reduced the stat increase between tiers as well? I thought hp was supposed to be less than a tenth of what it used to be.

Hixx

So the stat squish doesn't seem to impact player health as much as I thought it would. Pre-max level it seems like how I thought it would be, but if 90s have 100k health already it seems like player health is still going to be really high in the expansion. Or have they really reduced the stat increase between tiers as well? I thought hp was supposed to be less than a tenth of what it used to be.

They squished HP but then doubled it for PvP reasons.

lazygecko

So, how do you feel overall with the PvP situation, the overall pacing of the combat and amount of CC?

I definitely feel it's an improvement over the past expansion. The amount of CC and loss of control of your characer was so commonplace in previous expnasions it often felt like you'd spend more time staring at your CC'd character rather than playing.

rallaren

I like timeless isle so far. Got some epic gear without haste etc. But it will take time finding all treasures and the elites are pretty tough. Seems like alot to do there.

Edit: Haste not so bad anymore?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I sent in an item refund request for my PVP Vicious mount since discovering the 'Ghostly Speed' glyph. Wouldn't have used it on my Shaman had I known Shaman wouldn't need mounts in WoD.

Hopefully it works out, and I can get my Hunter the new raptor mount.

ampere

I guess Nefarian is impossible to solo as a warrior now. The lava hits me for 6k per tick. I only have 60k hp.

That's kind of hilarious. They changed lava to hit for a high HP % (sounds like 10%) with 6.0. Might be an oversight that the Nefarian 2.0 fight involves buffed lava.

Are the proving grounds not tuned properly or am I just awful? I started the bronze tank test as a mage and a mob group attacks the tank, each with ~200k HP. How am I supposed to handle that kind of HP pool after the 6.0.2 stat squish?

Honestly don't get what you are asking. The tank challenge is about surviving/keeping threat while the Pandaren in the center does dps and heals you. Doing it as a mage... Probably not going to work.

Wunder

I like timeless isle so far. Got some epic gear without haste etc. But it will take time finding all treasures and the elites are pretty tough. Seems like alot to do there.

Timeless Isle is probably one of the most confused I have ever felt as someone who didn't really touch Cataclysm and skipped MoP. When I resubbed and took the ride over there I was so confused, it was a sensory and information overload. You really need a person to walk you through each aspect of it to really understand it from the getgo, or just spend some time reading a bunch of guides.

Honestly don't get what you are asking. The tank challenge is about surviving/keeping threat while the Pandaren in the center does dps and heals you. Doing it as a mage... Probably not going to work.

Yeah, they're role specific challenges, you can't do them all on a dps-only class, or at least not the gold+ ones.

Fjordson

I forget how the Headless Horseman's mount works. It doesn't really drop from him now, right? You have one chance per day per character because it comes from the loot pumpkin I think. Correct?

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Rösti;134886952 said:
Yay, Hallow's End!

hallowsendpdup2.png

what the fuck man

I didn't know WoW came out on the N64

BanjoKazooie.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom