• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fjordson

Are you shitting me Blizzard.....

-Finally get a headless horseman queue after 30 minutes
-Kicked to the character select screen in the middle of the fight. Odd.
-Log back in and everyone has been kicked out to Shrine. We all teleport back in.
-We're put into the regular Scarlet Monastery heroic. No headless horseman. Uhh....
-Leave instance group and get the Dungeon Desert debuff

What da fuck.

Interfectum

-Log back in and everyone has been kicked out to Shrine. We all teleport back in.
-We're put into the regular Scarlet Monastery heroic. No headless horseman. Uhh....

What da fuck.

Blizz trollin' you on Halloween.

lazygecko

So it seems that the Undelete Character feature is in a sort of half-implemented fashion now? I only get it to work on one realm and it's only displaying one character for now. I wonder what the limits are to this feature. I've always been a raging altoholic and I probably have a metric shitload of characters on my old original realm dating back to 2005. It would be nice to be able to restore some of them if it's even possible. I shudder to think at how long the list would be depending on how thorough the service is.

So it seems that the Undelete Character feature is in a sort of half-implemented fashion now? I only get it to work on one realm and it's only displaying one character for now. I wonder what the limits are to this feature. I've always been a raging altoholic and I probably have a metric shitload of characters on my old original realm dating back to 2005. It would be nice to be able to restore some of them if it's even possible. I shudder to think at how long the list would be depending on how thorough the service is.
It didn't work for me the other day (as in Thursday night). In the middle of processing the request there was an error. Dumps me back to the character menu and no character, plus there is the "have to wait 30 days before i can undelete another character" message. I put in a ticket and they got my toon back in about 18 hours of submitting the ticket. could have been worse.

Mordeccai

What da fuck.

I just had this happen to me. I was on Garrosh in LFR, third stage. All of a sudden the entire raid drops to character select screen. We come back, have been booted out of SoO, and can't port back in .

GG BLIZ. Pricks.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Ok what is this new ability that bounces me up and down constantly in PVP? Because it might be the most annoying shit ever. It's not like ak nockback. It's just up and down.

epmode

Honestly don't get what you are asking. The tank challenge is about surviving/keeping threat while the Pandaren in the center does dps and heals you. Doing it as a mage... Probably not going to work.

My mistake. I thought that the challenges were tailor-made for each class. I guess I only have to do the DPS one on my mage. (I completely skipped the Pandaren expansion until now so this is pretty new to me)

Thanks!

doing heroic siege right now at galakras on US-Alliance you can add my battletag peachblossom#1978 if you need it

Thank you a lot for the run, I did like 8k~ of dps but I think I did most of the mechanics right. I got 543 ilvl up from 537 and I can still upgrade those but the damm game crashed during Garrosh and I didn't get the heirloom, only gold.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Thank you a lot for the run, I did like 8k~ of dps but I think I did most of the mechanics right. I got 543 ilvl up from 537 and I can still upgrade those but the damm game crashed during Garrosh and I didn't get the heirloom, only gold.

Who were you in the run?!?!?

EDIT: Thanks again Peachblossom for hosting the run.

What da fuck.

Had this happen a bunch last night with regular dungeons. Something is up with instances.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
I haven't done any raiding but someone told me Garrosh drops a weapon I can use while leveling in WOD. Looked through group finder, joined a group on Garrosh and 5 minutes later had a weapon on my undergeared guy.

RPGCrazied

I saw one strength ring drop, but I ran it maybe 12-15 times with a stack to try and get the agi ring and it was one of the int rings the rest of the time.

Luckily I got str on my pally. Int on my druid tho. About to try on my monk

EDIT: str on monk too

Oh okay, its buggy as hell too. Sometimes I'll get disconnected and then get to sit on a never ending load screen. Then sometimes the instance will reset itself into heroic SM, no horsemen around.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
There's no kind of like 'rating system' with the group finder is there? I've just been joining random ones to go to their server and see if they have hunter rares up like I used to do with OQ.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
This honor grind without the bonus honor is painful.

I was gonna do it with some of my guys to level with but now I won't even bother. Getting 27k honor right now would take longer than just waiting for WoD, leveling to 100 and pvping then.

Someone posted this on the WoW subreddit:

8pNzCtp.jpg

it's amazing to me how they made a MMO based on a pre-existing world and kept the same landmarks in relatively the same spot, You would think the design of the world would be dictated by gameplay. Distance needing to be a relatively short thing to avoid players getting bored just running to Goldshire, but it's crazy how they were able to adapt it into WoW.

Anyone else a little annoyed that the log in screen is a painting with some effects over it rather than a full blown 3D model like the rest?

It gives a very cheap feeling.

Anyone else a little annoyed that the log in screen is a painting with some effects over it rather than a full blown 3D model like the rest?

Yeah, I wish they would go back to 3D modeled login screens. Guess they don't have the time to do something like that these days.

If they did, it would probably cost us a raid tier.

Tarazet

OK.. so I worked on getting my lowbie Warrior up to 60 so I can boost her to 90 with the profession perk. Then I'll have all of the tank classes at max level and can do whatever I feel like doing. Man, in this range Arms is an absolute wrecking ball. They buffed Whirlwind to be a part of the single-target rotation.. and the results against squishy trash in Stratholme and UBRS, holy crap. It's like everything is made of paper. Against bosses it's reasonable, but on trash pulls it's hilarious fun.

Salamando

If you didn't tell me, I wouldn't have noticed. Launching WoW from the BNet launcher means I see the login screen for all of three seconds. If enough people are the same way, wouldn't make much sense to spend much time at all on the login screen.

Pretty sure Garrosh wants me to finish levelling my Rogue. Got my third heirloom, and it's my second DPS dagger. At least levelling's so quick now I should be 90 in under two hours.

Went unholy loot spec for my mythic decapitator. Didn't want a 3rd 1Her, even if mythic over heroic/normal ones.

From now on it's dice rolls baby. Unless I pay 8-10k for a heroic/normal carry on an alt or two.

Rewatched all the WoW cinematics. I would rank them:

1. Classic - Will almost never be topped for me. That first shot of the dwarf and the bear blew my mind as a kid and it still looks great.
2. MoP - I swapped this one and the WoD around a ton. Both are really close for me.
3. WoD - Only reason I have this below MoP is I like the music in the MoP cinematic a little more. Only thing that bothered me a little was Grommash having his tooth pierced which looks really weird to me.
4. WotLK - Has the best dialogue of any of the cinematics. Not a whole lot happens though.
5. BC - I had this cinematic higher for awhile but nostalgia slowly wore off on me. Still a good trailer but I'd say it's aged the worst of them all.
6. Cata - The difference in quality between Cata's cinematic and MoP's is massive. Cata's also (imo) has the worst color palette and music of them all.

Wunder

1. Classic - Will almost never be topped for me. That first shot of the dwarf and the bear blew my mind as a kid and it still looks great.
2. MoP - I swapped this one and the WoD around a ton. Both are really close for me.
3. WoD - Only reason I have this below MoP is I like the music in the MoP cinematic a little more. Only thing that bothered me a little was Grommash having his tooth pierced which looks really weird to me.
4. WotLK - Has the best dialogue of any of the cinematics. Not a whole lot happens though.
5. BC - I had this cinematic higher for awhile but nostalgia slowly wore off on me. Still a good trailer but I'd say it's aged the worst of them all.
6. Cata - The difference in quality between Cata's cinematic and MoP's is massive. Cata's also (imo) has the worst color palette and music of them all.

Is this based off just the opening cinematic? I really didn't like MoP's. All of them did a great job of creating conflict and a villain, but MoP was the only one where it felt like a comedy more than anything, which I guess was the point - to highlight the light heartedness of the expac, but it really didn't help their case when everyone was shitting on MoP since the announcement.

Is this based off just the opening cinematic? I really didn't like MoP's. All of them did a great job of creating conflict and a villain, but MoP was the only one where it felt like a comedy more than anything, which I guess was the point - to highlight the light heartedness of the expac, but it really didn't help their case when everyone was shitting on MoP since the announcement.

I was down on MoP's for awhile but rewatching all the previous ones, there's a massive difference in quality between it and all the previous ones. It also captured the lightheartedness MoP had that WoW had lacked since Classic. MoP got shit on a lot early based solely on Pandaren being playable for both factions after being teased as an April's Fools joke years ago. In terms of content at launch MoP easily had the best of any expansion since BC outside of maybe raids.

Fjordson

Does anyone here play on Illidan? Is it normal for trade to be filled with a constant stream of Asian chat (Chinese maybe?)? At first I thought some dude was just trolling, but there seems to be a ton of people doing it. Can't read anything :lol

I don't know but there is either an active Chinese community there (of actual players), or that's where loads of gold farmers/bots like to hang out, being the largest Horde server.

Had a lowbie Mage from Illidan in a dungeon group the other day that was spamming Chinese characters, like it was some quest addon.

Fjordson

I don't know but there is either an active Chinese community there (of actual players), or that's where loads of gold farmers/bots like to hang out, being the largest Horde server.

Had a lowbie Mage from Illidan in a dungeon group the other day that was spamming Chinese characters, like it was some quest addon.
Interesting, I didn't know that. May just stick with Tichondrius then.

TheYanger

There is an addon you can get on Illidan to filter out all of the foreign junk. It's too crowded for my tastes anyway though, very happy with Mal'ganis.

StayDead

It saddens me how much the headless horsemen who's fight used to last a few minutes atleast when they first added him is now dead in like 20 seconds :(

Did random dungeon finder and found an awesome group tonight. Must have run 5-6 dungeons really well, and everyone talked! It was what I used to love about WoW instances. Rolling face while casually chatting.

Hope I can run into more groups like that. Only problem is they were all from different realms @_@

There is an addon you can get on Illidan to filter out all of the foreign junk. It's too crowded for my tastes anyway though, very happy with Mal'ganis.

I've been leveling a few toons on Mal'ganis. Only problem with it is low level zones are grouped with Kel'thuzad (which I played on at one point as well) which has more alliance than Mal'ganis does horde.

Nokterian

Can't believe they removed MSAA and put in cheaper ones that make the game look awful. Why did you do this blizzard? FXAA and MCAA what? Well i went back to DX9 and forced through Nvidia Inspector MSAA to make it look good again. I do hope those options return soon enough using the cheapest AA is no good at all to me.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Can't believe they removed MSAA and put in cheaper ones that make the game look awful. Why did you do this blizzard? FXAA and MCAA what? Well i went back to DX9 and forced through Nvidia Inspector MSAA to make it look good again. I do hope those options return soon enough using the cheapest AA is no good at all to me.

I feel like people who post stuff like this are running the game in 720/768 or something. I can't even see jaggies at 1080, let alone 1440. I didn't even bother enabling any AA since it was a performance drop for such little effect at that resolution.

They made a post explaining what is happening, and some people have said that forcing MSAA bugs the game out.

They also said that they will eventually put better AA options in after the game launches. Here's hoping for TXAA or SSAA.

Nokterian

I feel like people who post stuff like this are running the game in 720/768 or something. I can't even see jaggies at 1080, let alone 1440. I didn't even bother enabling any AA since it was a performance drop for such little effect at that resolution.

They made a post explaining what is happening, and some people have said that forcing MSAA bugs the game out.

They also said that they will eventually put better AA options in after the game launches. Here's hoping for TXAA or SSAA.

The image quality is noticeable FXAA makes it even more blurry then before when using high or low in DX11. CMAA doesn't do a good job either. I forced it through Nvidia Inspector and this now works and bugged out? I noticed nothing played 5 hours yesterday.

Watch this video why blizzard needs to put higher AA in this game. CMAA makes it look so damn cheap and less image quality i noticed it the moment i went in to the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTWx7kvepk0

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member

I wouldn't be surprised if Blizzard premieres an updated version of this cinematic at BlizzCon, featuring new character models, better textures and such. The orcs and humans in that cinematic are severely outdated nowadays.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom