• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rizzi

Hmm, yep. Pvp servers are fucking retarded and I have to pay an extra $30 to fix the horrible situation my hunter is in. Awesome!

Hixx

The Arthas costume is being hotfixed next week. 500 treats, 50 charges, 20 min duration. According to MMO Champion's front page anyway, doesn't link to a source.

That's what you get for rolling on a PVP server.
I'd argue it's not anyone's fault. When a person first starts playing wow they have no idea what to expect. They start making friends and extra characters on a pvp server and then it's too late to go back and start over. So the complaints about having to pay money to switch servers is justified imo. Heck, I started in vanilla and was in a fantastic guild with a lot of RL friends. Even though the world pvp could be brutal at times, I wasn't about to switch servers. Fast forward to today. I know nobody on my server. Guild is a shell of its former self. I have like 5 max level characters and several above 60. Sucks that if I want to get away from pvp nonsense I'd have to pay for multiple transfers. So, essentially I'm stuck.

RPGCrazied

Would be nice to actually get to fight the boss without getting disconnected and the dungeon totally resetting minus the horseman, just heroic SM takes it place.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'd argue it's not anyone's fault. When a person first starts playing wow they have no idea what to expect. They start making friends and extra characters on a pvp server and then it's too late to go back and start over. So the complaints about having to pay money to switch servers is justified imo. Heck, I started in vanilla and was in a fantastic guild with a lot of RL friends. Even though the world pvp could be brutal at times, I wasn't about to switch servers. Fast forward to today. I know nobody on my server. Guild is a shell of its former self. I have like 5 max level characters and several above 60. Sucks that if I want to get away from pvp nonsense I'd have to pay for multiple transfers. So, essentially I'm stuck.

I made alts to play with those friends. I wasn't going to do something I didn't enjoy as a mainstay just so I could play with friends. You take the risk of playing on a PVP server to play with them, the idea of getting a free transfer because you don't like getting ganked on a PVP server is ridiculous.

Tacitus_

The latter part fits all server types. As for world PVP... there's a reason why I didn't roll on a PVP server >_>

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
As an aside, I was sitting in queue on my 8th 90 for my second day of running Horseman when I had a revelation.

Why am I sitting in this queue? It's not like Invincible or Mimiron, I know I'll never use this mount. Why am I collecting all this candy when I got the toy that I wanted? For achievement points as a way to kill time in a game that is already insanely taxing on my time when I let it be? It was comically cathartic. I think my mind broke a little bit even.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Re-subbed and started over as a human paladin on Kilrogg.

I'm debating whether or not to buy the expansion and boost to 90. I've leveled up to 60 and 70 a few times throughout the history of the game, but never past that. Will I not be completely lost at how to play and what to do if I instantly jump to 90?

strafer

I'm debating whether or not to buy the expansion and boost to 90. I've leveled up to 60 and 70 a few times throughout the history of the game, but never past that. Will I not be completely lost at how to play and what to do if I instantly jump to 90?

I suggest you start from Level 1.

You will be overwhelmed if you boost.

Take your time, the game aint going anywhere.

The latter part fits all server types. As for world PVP... there's a reason why I didn't roll on a PVP server >_>
This is true. Still, it would be a nice gesture if blizzard offered a one time "oops I really don't like normal/pvp servers" transfer of toons options - even if it was at a cost. I'm not expecting that and I know it will never happen. Just my thoughts on it.

I made alts to play with those friends. I wasn't going to do something I didn't enjoy as a mainstay just so I could play with friends. You take the risk of playing on a PVP server to play with them, the idea of getting a free transfer because you don't like getting ganked on a PVP server is ridiculous.
You guys are already aware of what pvp entails though. I'm just saying that a lot of people don't know.

And I wouldn't mind paying a set amount to transfer all my toons to another server, but having to pay for individual transfers is steep. Blizzard is full aware that people don't want to transfer just one character while leaving behind the rest. My toons are set up for variety in class, and to account for multiple professions. They are essentially one system of characters made to benefit each other. I'd never take one only.

Anyway, I hope I don't sound riled up. It's not the end of the world, However, there are often days where I wish i could switch servers and not have to pay for each toon individually.

Switching topics, the timing of this undelete feature is unfortunate for me. If I had come back a little sooner, Im guessing blizz would have been able to restore my deleted characters together. Now I've got to wait a month for each one :( bummer.

EDIT:

I've been wallowing in self-pity over the whole transfer thing. I'm thinking I might use the 90 boost on a different server. The only problem with that, however, is redoing allllll the professions. Yuck.

Boogdud

My wife and I are leveling some alts and hit 84 and decided to hit twilight highlands. I was wondering how they handle it without garrosh as warchief. Who knows because it's broken as hell. The zeppelin leaves, all the NPCs despswn when you load twilight highlands and it just sits there. You can fly down to the quest NPC and try to turn in, but he asks you where the fleet is (which despawned) and won't let you turn in. If you wait on the zeppelin instead it just warps back to azshara and starts over.

Has anyone successfully started the data quest line since the patch? We're kind of stuck.

Tacitus_

This is true. Still, it would be a nice gesture if blizzard offered a one time "oops I really don't like normal/pvp servers" transfer of toons options - even if it was at a cost. I'm not expecting that and I know it will never happen. Just my thoughts on it.

They should offer a mass transfer option, sure.

Ultratech

My wife and I are leveling some alts and hit 84 and decided to hit twilight highlands. I was wondering how they handle it without garrosh as warchief. Who knows because it's broken as hell. The zeppelin leaves, all the NPCs despswn when you load twilight highlands and it just sits there. You can fly down to the quest NPC and try to turn in, but he asks you where the fleet is (which despawned) and won't let you turn in. If you wait on the zeppelin instead it just warps back to azshara and starts over.

Has anyone successfully started the data quest line since the patch? We're kind of stuck.

No idea.

I know I had one of the later parts of that questline on another character (the part after you get the portal working), and it had Vol'jin on there instead of Garrosh, so...I dunno.

My misses is trying to install the games again, when she installs digital version she gets select language with no language to select.
when we do disk install the patch gets to 50% and crashes, any ideas as blizzard are fucking useless.

Changed language setting on pc as advised by blizzard and nothing, there reply is our techicians are working on it.. fair enough but used google and saw this same responce a year ago to the same fucking issue.

M.D

Is there any way to check latency and fps other than looking at action bar? I installed Bartender 4 and changed the action and now I don't have all the usual icons like journal, mount collection and all that

Quoting this as I really need to know this

Is there any combat benefit to having professions anymore? Like, I know they took out the direct combat benefits like +x to x stat, but I'm wondering if there's still anything else left. Are some of the engineering benefits like Goblin Glider and Rocket Boots (or belt now I guess) still in? Won't be able to log in for a while to check for myself

TheYanger

Quoting this as I really need to know this
FPS is...ctrl F? ctrl R? something like that. Latency you need a mod or the bar. You can still leave it there with bartender though, in the options it's the microbar, just check it and move it where you want.
Is there any combat benefit to having professions anymore? Like, I know they took out the direct combat benefits like +x to x stat, but I'm wondering if there's still anything else left. Are some of the engineering benefits like Goblin Glider and Rocket Boots (or belt now I guess) still in? Won't be able to log in for a while to check for myself

Those exist but are usable by anyone now, and no longer fail (and are really slow T_T). There's no combat benefit to anything.

JORMBO

Darkness no more

I did all the Twilight Highlands intro stuff last night to unlock the portal on my boosted guy. It all worked normally and Garrosh was there.

Surwich is literally empty and there are zero humanoid mobs south of the Dark Portal, too. Going to go investigate on my horde character later.

I'm not sure if they both broke with the patch but my maps still show a flight master in Surwich.

Those exist but are usable by anyone now, and no longer fail (and are really slow T_T). There's no combat benefit to anything.

Not sure how I feel about that. Really liked engineering for the tinkers for BGs and World PvP (RIP rocket boots in arena) and would level it on all of my characters for that reason. This change will save me a lot of gold I guess, since I don't see any real reason to level professions now

M.D

FPS is...ctrl F? ctrl R? something like that. Latency you need a mod or the bar. You can still leave it there with bartender though, in the options it's the microbar, just check it and move it where you want.

That's great, thanks!

Whoa I didn't realize how long I'd been away from wow. Went back and looked at my character's activity log - April 23, 2013. I guess it's been a year and a half. Dang. People on the wow forums were all talking about lock nerfs and how demo used to be OP but not enough to warrant a massive nerf. All I remember from before I stopped playing was Demo only being slightly above Affliction and Destruction always being the lol easy top dps. Now I'm sad that I missed it since demo is my favorite spec.

I feel like people who post stuff like this are running the game in 720/768 or something. I can't even see jaggies at 1080, let alone 1440. I didn't even bother enabling any AA since it was a performance drop for such little effect at that resolution.

They made a post explaining what is happening, and some people have said that forcing MSAA bugs the game out.

They also said that they will eventually put better AA options in after the game launches. Here's hoping for TXAA or SSAA.

Nah, I'm playing at 1080 and its definitely noticeable even with CMAA on.

Magnus

So, mana regen is completely broken as a healer right now (at least, as a holy priest). Broken in a good way. I can basically spam anything.

But, I've noticed that (at ilevel 525 or so) that I've actually needed to spam to save lives in UBRS. Am I just dealing with shitty tanks?

Like, if it weren't for the broken mana regen, I wouldn't be able to heal this shit. That last (third) boss, man.

vocab

Whoa I didn't realize how long I'd been away from wow. Went back and looked at my character's activity log - April 23, 2013. I guess it's been a year and a half. Dang. People on the wow forums were all talking about lock nerfs and how demo used to be OP but not enough to warrant a massive nerf. All I remember from before I stopped playing was Demo only being slightly above Affliction and Destruction always being the lol easy top dps. Now I'm sad that I missed it since demo is my favorite spec.

Demo was trash during SoO. the other lock specs were flatout overpowered. They were alright in tot due to the most broken trinket in the game.

I have a question. Can Ulduar 25 be completely soloed and can you still get the ironbound protodrake from completing achievements? I've been 2 achievements away from that since before Cataclysm and it's pained me many years thinking about it. I just need to down Yogg-Saron and also do Iron Dwarf Medium-rare. In the past, groups would always skip the latter achievement until the end and I could never get into a group that would actually finish the raid, leaving both achievements incomplete.

Demo was trash during SoO. the other lock specs were flatout overpowered. They were alright in tot due to the most broken trinket in the game.
ha what trinket?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I really hate where they decided to put Terrorpene's spawn. Right next to a raid entrance. Makes taming him a real pain. Only reason I'm even sticking with it is because every other turtle model in the game is so bland looking.

MonkeyNuts

Neo Member
So how it justice / valor gear going to work in WOD now that the currency is gone?

Will I just be able to buy all the gear with gold when I hit level 100?

Tacitus_

I don't think that trinket ever dropped for me in LFR. I remember wanting it though. Awesome news on soloing ulduar though. I'm gonna do that tonight or tomorrow I think. Thanks.

That trinket was stupidly overpowered. I had to spec demo just because it was so good it completely trounced everything.

Boogdud

I did all the Twilight Highlands intro stuff last night to unlock the portal on my boosted guy. It all worked normally and Garrosh was there.

Did you take the zepp to the island? Iwonder if it's just broken on our server (suramar). Maybe it will get fixed in maintenance this Tuesday. Right now there isn't away to start it for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom