• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ultratech

I really hate where they decided to put Terrorpene's spawn. Right next to a raid entrance. Makes taming him a real pain. Only reason I'm even sticking with it is because every other turtle model in the game is so bland looking.

Terrorpene you have to get really lucky with, since he'll get gobbled up pretty quick as soon as he spawns.

For a long while, I was using the other similar model (the one Tortolla uses; there's a turtle in BFD that has it).

I got the Horseman's Horrific Hood.

On my Monk.

I got the dagger

On my Hunter.

At least you can get in. My rogue can't find a group at all. Everyone else can, but she just sits in the queue.

Also, I've only see the int ring drop. Anyone else having this issue? We also zoned in a few times only to not have the pumpkin there and turns out we were in normal SM.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Yessss.
r5R65sx.jpg

Thank you server hopping premades.

Went and got Chimaeron afterwards as well. Had a friend heal me and came real close to accidentally killing him. Real derpy looking pet, but that's kinda cool.

Ultratech

Okay I'm level 90 but I've barely touched any of the Pandaria quests. Are there any I should go back and do? Is the farm worth it?

Only a few that I can think of.

Some notable stuff:
-No Pack Left Behind - Gives a free 24-slot bag for not too much trouble.
-Farm Stuff: They're not hard, and you can do them and other stuff at the same time since some of the quests require that you wait a day to grow stuff.
Up to you if you wanna do it now with WoD around the corner.
-Any quests that give Toy items. Good luck on that one. lol
-Lorewalkers: Use a guide here, but it just involves a lot of flying around clicking on scrolls. You get a neat mount for your efforts. Only takes like an hour or two to do.
-Dominance Offensive/Operation: Shieldwall quests: Some decent story stuff if you wanted to know what was going on during MoP. Also gives updated Wyvern/Gryphon mounts at the end. Optional since it'll take a while.

Yessss.
Thank you server hopping premades.

Nice! Congrats!

I'm gonna do some ulduar solo attempts tonight. Are there any useful tips/tricks to keep in mind? I watched a video of flame leviathan, which looked pretty basic. Is it really that easy? I guess the hardest part will be yogg.

vocab

vehicles scale now so theres no strategy. You could probably dps him without a demolisher.

They stealthed nerfed yogg so much that its almost impossible to lose all insanity.

Interfectum

Only a few that I can think of.

Some notable stuff:
-No Pack Left Behind - Gives a free 24-slot bag for not too much trouble.
-Farm Stuff: They're not hard, and you can do them and other stuff at the same time since some of the quests require that you wait a day to grow stuff.
Up to you if you wanna do it now with WoD around the corner.
-Any quests that give Toy items. Good luck on that one. lol
-Lorewalkers: Use a guide here, but it just involves a lot of flying around clicking on scrolls. You get a neat mount for your efforts. Only takes like an hour or two to do.
-Dominance Offensive/Operation: Shieldwall quests: Some decent story stuff if you wanted to know what was going on during MoP. Also gives updated Wyvern/Gryphon mounts at the end. Optional since it'll take a while.

Nice! Congrats!

Thanks a lot, this is useful.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
I suggest you start from Level 1.

You will be overwhelmed if you boost.

Take your time, the game aint going anywhere.

Thanks for the reply! I think I'll do so.

Is there any reason to buy the expansion until I get to a higher level, then? All of the content in it is 90+, right?

RPGCrazied

Got a Primal egg in ToT today awesome. Also got that plate helm from lei-shen, pretty awesome for transmog, also got his axe he drops.

lazygecko

Been spending a lot of time with my level boosted warrior now. Switched from arms to fury and I absolutely love the playstyle. Using the talent that removes cooldown from bloodthirst so there's no downtime whatsoever. It's even a lot of fun in PvP and I got a good feel for it there now, so I hope fury remains PvP viable at level 100.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Thanks for the reply! I think I'll do so.

Is there any reason to buy the expansion until I get to a higher level, then? All of the content in it is 90+, right?

Not really a reason, no. What you could do, if you do pre-purchase WoD and get a free boost, is play to 60 and then boost to 90. That lets you skip the oldest part of the game at this point (TBC content) and it also boosts your professions to max when you're level 60.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Not really a reason, no. What you could do, if you do pre-purchase WoD and get a free boost, is play to 60 and then boost to 90. That lets you skip the oldest part of the game at this point (TBC content) and it also boosts your professions to max when you're level 60.

This is unnecessary, since you'll be able to level your professions 1-700 in Draenor.

Just a second ago I was queued in LFR and it said we had 2/2 tanks, 4/6 healers, and 17/17 DPS. Then I checked 1 minute later and it was reset back to only me, with everything else 0. Why would this happen? Does it mean the raid happened without me?

TheYanger

Just a second ago I was queued in LFR and it said we had 2/2 tanks, 4/6 healers, and 17/17 DPS. Then I checked 1 minute later and it was reset back to only me, with everything else 0. Why would this happen? Does it mean the raid happened without me?

If you babysit the status window that happens a lot, better off not trying to read too much into it.

Great, quest in the middle of the chain in Kun-Lai is bugged. Trying to hit 90 on my Warrior. I'm on the quest in Kun-Lai where the Troll shields himself and you have to kill the 3 adds he summons for it to go down and then kill him. When I attack him/get near him, he shields himself and then despawns. Tried this 3 times and he despawned every single time. -_-'

Fjordson

Any warlocks know what our stat priority is right now? Even just a vague idea post-patch? I need to gem some new stuff on my lock but I have no idea what to put in there (destruction fwiw).

Ahh I see, thanks. BTW, does it usually take 20-40 minutes to queue for LFR as a tank, or is it just because nobody's doing it anymore since WoD is around the corner?

I suspect people are now sitting in the looking for group queue for regular/heroic since the bar for success has been dropped to the ground.

So I bought a Heroic(normal) Garrosh carry for my Druid for 6k. LOL. Got a Pigsticker,

Might buy a couple more at that price for a few heirlooms on other classes I don't have geared. Though the only thing I'd really be missing at this point is a bow and 2x agi 1Hers. The shields and int mace are completely passable.

Will see what I get from my actual kills before I buy any more carries though.

Did you take the zepp to the island? Iwonder if it's just broken on our server (suramar). Maybe it will get fixed in maintenance this Tuesday. Right now there isn't away to start it for us.
Holy shit! You're on Suramar?!

(Sorry, excited when I see anyone mention they're on my quiet - even with Draka - server.)

Tarazet

The dungeon finder queues you simultaneously for fresh groups and drop-ins. Whichever queue you get to the head of first, it will let you in. If you've just gotten a drop-in (later in the instance), finish the dungeon and then re-queue, it puts you higher on the list for a fresh group.. but it is still possible to get another drop-in.

Trying to find a Mythic Garrosh kill that isn't charging absurd amounts. I haven't done the fight before I'm 582 ilvl so I don't really need to be carried that much.

So are quests mostly mirrored across factions nowadays? I was kinda wondering whether there's any substantial content you might miss by not having a character from both factions. My intuition is that it's mostly aesthetic differences (where you hang out, who gives the quest, etc) as opposed to dramatically different story-lines or quest objectives.

Tarazet

So are quests mostly mirrored across factions nowadays? I was kinda wondering whether there's any substantial content you might miss by not having a character from both factions. My intuition is that it's mostly aesthetic differences (where you hang out, who gives the quest, etc) as opposed to dramatically different story-lines or quest objectives.

The opening zone of Pandaria was dramatically different for the other faction.. Jinyu vs. Hozen. After that, it was fairly homogenized.

Draka native here.
We aren't THAT bad.
Once people got over the server merge, it's been cool. I've not had a problem with any Draka peeps except those who made it sound like they were playing a superior version of the game. I have no time for that shit.

I'm Ura - Suramar though. Say hi if you see me running around. :)

Alliance and Horde start in different zones in Draenor so there'll be some differences.

Lyng

Any warlocks know what our stat priority is right now? Even just a vague idea post-patch? I need to gem some new stuff on my lock but I have no idea what to put in there (destruction fwiw).

Multistrike > Crit > Mastery > Int > Versatility = Haste

For destruction

Apt101

I've done it. For the first time in five years I'll be playing again. I was reading all of the patch notes and looking at screenshots and realized, damn, I actually really want to play WoW again. Hopefully it will be fun seeing some of the stuff I missed.

Now the fun part, should I push on with my paladin or shaman (rhetorical)?

If your pally is retribution, then yes, continue with your shaman.

I'm a bit upset at the shaman changes though, but still doing better than ret right now.

Do it with zero helping. Mount doesn't drop otherwise.

Shouldn't really make a difference.
Well I cleared all the way to yogg. Been trying it with no watchers up. I can usually get to phase 3, but the adds overwhelm me. I don't know how to keep my health up as demo. I start getting pummeled by immortal guardians after yogg heals them and it's downhill from there. Maybe i just need better gear. i-level 509 right now. could try using the void to tank adds in phase 3, but i need extra dps help in phase 2. i'm going to bed, but will try again tomorrow. must get it before reset. or else i may find some random on my server to help me out. with 2 i think it would be easy peasy.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman

There are a few areas and cinematic-ish quests that I know of pre-WoD that are pretty different. But for the most part, I'd say 90% of the quests you do are the exact same.

Intro to Twilight Highlands is different though, pretty different. Then there's Stonetalon Mountains where Garrosh drops a dude off a cliff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom