• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.

vocab

Well I cleared all the way to yogg. Been trying it with no watchers up. I can usually get to phase 3, but the adds overwhelm me. I don't know how to keep my health up as demo. I start getting pummeled by immortal guardians after yogg heals them and it's downhill from there. Maybe i just need better gear. i-level 509 right now. could try using the void to tank adds in phase 3, but i need extra dps help in phase 2. i'm going to bed, but will try again tomorrow. must get it before reset. or else i may find some random on my server to help me out. with 2 i think it would be easy peasy.
If your horde I'll gladly help ya.

Tremor totem sucks now, why does it still have a 1 minute CD?

Before, I used it in bgs when I was feared/charmed or whatever. Now it's like I have to predict when I'll be feared and hope it works in those 7 seconds I have

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Tremor totem sucks now, why does it still have a 1 minute CD?

Before, I used it in bgs when I was feared/charmed or whatever. Now it's like I have to predict when I'll be feared and hope it works in those 7 seconds I have

Seems like if shamans could use that while feared, they wouldn't be susceptible to any CC with grounding totem now too.

glaurung

Ran SoO with my guildies last night. Whilst most changes have made things easier (HC), others make no sense whatsoever. Ended up steamrolling everything up to Garrosh, and then he turned out to be impossible to beat.

Go figure.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Happily surprised to see the Challengers' Path is still in the game in 6.0. 8 hour cooldown aside, it's still a nice way to quickly get to UC if your hearthstone is on CD

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Happily surprised to see the Challengers' Path is still in the game in 6.0. 8 hour cooldown aside, it's still a nice way to quickly get to UC if your hearthstone is on CD

Why would you think they would remove it? =p They never said anything about removing rewards, just being able to get them.

I use the Mogu Palace one to get to shrine sometimes.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Why would you think they would remove it? =p They never said anything about removing rewards, just being able to get them.

I use the Mogu Palace one to get to shrine sometimes.

Just seems like something they would take away with the new season. I always thought of them more as just CM related rather than an actual reward. Like a way to encourage you to go back for faster times but now there's no reason to go back for faster times, so I figured they'd remove them.

Running normal Scholomance on my Hunter for rep. Noticing the mobs aren't dying to one arrow hit. Actually, it's not doing much to them at all. They're not hard to kill or anything, but I can't just multishot once and keep going like Strat. Kind of annoying. Must be part of the squish.

StayDead

Ran SoO with my guildies last night. Whilst most changes have made things easier (HC), others make no sense whatsoever. Ended up steamrolling everything up to Garrosh, and then he turned out to be impossible to beat.

Go figure.

When I got in a run with my undergeared druid we did it with 15 people on heroic, it was kind of easy :s

XenoId

So I`m going back to WOW after not playing since hitting the level cap at the start of MoP.
A few work buddies wanted to start up again and I decided to join them.

Started a new paladin (Horde this time) but i dont have any heirlooms. I`m getting confused on how the get them right now, I found out i can get a few heirlooms getting my reputation up with my guild but where and how can i get more?

I'm back playing after like a year, and I'm kinda confused what has changed

is LFR still the same system? I see some people elsewhere talking about having to organize groups now and i'm just curious

my warrior is 90 and with a gear level of 496 which means I think he can get in? but if they changed LFR then I dunno

I've just been spending my time levelling other characters up to 90. got 2 more done this weekend and i'm not really sure what else to do until the expansion hits.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Soloing Firelands is ridiculously easy on my ret paladin! Guess I got 2 more raid mounts to add to the list of "One day i'll get you!".

Too bad I can't do the achievement for the corrupted egg mount as it require doing something with one boss that need like 6 people i think i read on Wowhead. :(

Ultratech

Soloing Firelands is ridiculously easy on my ret paladin! Guess I got 2 more raid mounts to add to the list of "One day i'll get you!".

Too bad I can't do the achievement for the corrupted egg mount as it require doing something with one boss that need like 6 people i think i read on Wowhead. :(

Only the Penitent...
? Good luck with that one. Very easy to mess it up.

MedIC86

10m solo or 25m solo?

Bisnic

10m solo or 25m solo?

10m. Didn't try 25m, as I only care about the mounts. Ragnaros was a joke. Only the boss before the night elf boss(forgot both names :p) was tougher than the rest.

I probably wouldn't be able to solo all of Firelands on my mage though, the lack of self heals really hurt. :( That Alystrazor(or whatever the bird boss is called) fight got a pretty badass music! Yeah i know i'm late, but i didn't raid much before LFR came out.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I got to get back to farming Mimiron and Invincible on the regular, but part of me just wants to wait until 100 for my undergeared characters. And I have to get Carbon on to save my lockouts, so I don't have to do all the leadups repeatedly.

I wish they would just make a way to transfer lockouts between alts without having to have another person in your party.

Godan

So I tired to get into this about 2 months back got to level 13 or something and fell away from it.

Last night me and my firend decided to start this together. I plan on doing just PVE stuff really like raids and stuff. I am human paladin and he started as a panda preist I think it was. How long would it take till we both can level together as I guess it would be much easier level as a pair?

Anyone got any tips for me starting out as I have not really played this before. Like what website has the best source of information and what not

Entropia

No One Remembers
I upgraded to an SSD yesterday. Having to re-configure all my add-ons sure is fun!

(I didn't copy/paste over my old addons or anything. Wanted to be completely fresh)

Bisnic

So I tired to get into this about 2 months back got to level 13 or something and fell away from it.

Last night me and my firend decided to start this together. I plan on doing just PVE stuff really like raids and stuff. I am human paladin and he started as a panda preist I think it was. How long would it take till we both can level together as I guess it would be much easier level as a pair?

Anyone got any tips for me starting out as I have not really played this before. Like what website has the best source of information and what not

If he had made any other races than panda or worgen, he would have been able to join you right about now. But i think Pandas and Worgens leave their (locked) starting zone around lvl 12 or 13.

As for websites with good source of information... i dunno, i use Wowhead & MMOchampion a lot for information on loot/dungeons/quests/achievements and news, but i'm not sure if it's the best for newcomers.

Acosta

Well, back again, this time I resubbed for a year.

I'm not really sure what to do. I have a warlock in 85, a DK in 83 and a warrior in 40 (also, a rogue in 87, but it's in a PVP server I don't plan to go back).

I got a bit tired of the DK and the run dance, so I don't think I'm willing to go back. My warlock is fun, demon is a bit crazy now and destruction it's really straightforward, which I like, but I remember back in the time when I got really bored of the distance dps style. At the same time, I always thought a warrior if the greatest class for transmog with Titan's Grip and plate, easily my most envied class when I'm inspecting others stuff. But at level 40 I realized I just had not the will to go all the way again to max level.

I'm really considering preordering online and get the boost. But I have my doubts, will I enjoy playing like a 90 warrior DPS? wouldn't be more interesting to use that boost for a monk, that looks like a really fun class?

Any tip is appreciated.

(I'm really glad to be back to WoW ;) returning is always great).

Godan

If he had made any other races than panda or worgen, he would have been able to join you right about now. But i think Pandas and Worgens leave their (locked) starting zone around lvl 12 or 13.

As for websites with good source of information... i dunno, i use Wowhead & MMOchampion a lot for information on loot/dungeons/quests/achievements and news, but i'm not sure if it's the best for newcomers.

Thanks will check them out when I get home from work.

So I just got back.

Tried all my characters on LFR and.

Resto Shaman seems unchanged(Kinda boring especially with conductivity). Enhancement are still awesome playstyle wise. Not digging the new Lion had sex with a ghost wolf form.

Balance and Resto Druid changes are annoying but bearable. The Starsurge changes and Procs feels weird though. I'm gonna miss my Anti Magic Shell.

Disc Priest- Jesus Holy Nova. I topped Healing charts with just one button wtf.

Arms warrior rotations is one of the most boring and uninspired rotation I ever had :( .It doesn't feel like "I'm an orc warrior smashing face" rotation anymore. :(

Entropia

No One Remembers
I'd probably quit rather than reconfigure Dominos at this point.

My dominos setup is fairly simple, so that was easy to do.

It's the little things that I missed that are bugging me. I need to get Masque and the right plugin that I had previously. My buttons look hideous at the moment.

Guesong

So I've volunteered to be the tank for my group of friends in WoD.

Now, looking at all the options, I'm kind of at a lost. Everything looks so...similar?

Like before, it was DK's thing to self-heal as tank. Now Monks do it with Expel Harm. Paladin do it with Word of Glory. Warriors can do it if they spec Impending Victory.

Druids used to have the most cooldowns. Now everyone has like 3 to 6. Was trying out Blood yesterday and I had to take care of Bone Shield, AMS, Icebound, Rune Weapon, Vampiric Blood...Warriors have Shield Block, Shield Wall, that other Shield Thing, Last Stand.

So I was trying to find online a very clear description of how each tank should now feel like and their own particular quirks, but I didn't find I was looking for.

So now I turn to you, WoWGAF. Which tank feels squishier? Which is less maintenance, which is more? I want to get in there and feel like a tank by my sole presence as a dude clad in heavy armor (or a bear). I want the style to feel dominant. What am I looking for here?

Jag

Man, I'm never going to get an heirloom.
*sulk*

I found it very easy to get groups on Normal Garrosh as long as your gear level is somewhat decent. At about 540 and up (which requires a little bit of effort to get), you should have no problem using the new raid finder for Garry kills. I've seen group requirement as low as 520 as well. He really is ridiculously easy to kill on normal now.

I busted my ass on oqueue and Openraid pre-6.0 and could not get a kill beyond Flex. I've had multiple kills on normal, heroic and alts since the patch.

Monday nights should see a decent amount of groups trying to get in before the reset.

StMeph

What is the difference between heroic and mythic versions of the heirlooms?

The heirlooms from Heroic and Mythic start at a higher ilevel compared to Normal, but they slowly converge. At level 100, they're all the same at ilevel 620.

For reference:

Character level 100: all versions i620
Cl 99: Normal i614, Heroic i615, Mythic i616
Cl 95: N i588, H i595, M i601
Cl 90: N i556, H i569, M i582

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I think it's 480-something greens?

I've been playing my shaman a bit since 6.0 and I might actually make him my first 100. I am enjoying enhance a lot again, especially after the race change to orc, and with WoD gear I'll be able to swap over to ele or resto very easily. It has been a really long time since I've actually played any kind of hybrid as an actual hybrid so it will be a fun change of pace from warlock/hunter. I even snagged a normal garry 1h axe for him.

Felspawn

How good is your gear when you get the 90 boost? Probably gonna preorder wod tonight

Keeping my Shaman 75 though

Gonna boost a rogue to 90 I think

476 greens, having said that the Greens are practically as good as Blues and Epics of the same ilevel. its a solid of gear however you'll replace most of it within a few hours of hitting the Timeless Isle

Robin64

The boost sets are really nice to keep around for transmog, mind.

dk_90.jpg
druid_90.jpg
hunter_90.jpg
mage_90.jpg
monk_90.jpg
paladin_90.jpg
priest_90.jpg
rogue_90.jpg
shaman_90.jpg
warlock_90.jpg
warrior_90.jpg

You can also get these from having a level 3 Salvage Yard in your Garrison.

Go figure.
We had bad luck on Garrosh (heroic) last night with two of our attempts having someone DC and the other two of just not focusing on MC right away. Our last attempt had him down to 10% but people really needed to go so it's a TBC for Thursday.

Thinking of looking for a group tonight just for Garrosh (I'm not paying) just so I can get my bow and be done with it and help other people out. I still have a 544 gun (with upgrades) and it's bugging the crap out of me. I'm 572 ilvl though so I'd hope I can find one since I'm certainly not being carried. If not, I'm not worried about it. I'll just have to wait a couple extra days.

I got to get back to farming Mimiron and Invincible on the regular, but part of me just wants to wait until 100 for my undergeared characters. And I have to get Carbon on to save my lockouts, so I don't have to do all the leadups repeatedly.

I wish they would just make a way to transfer lockouts between alts without having to have another person in your party.

What is Carbon?

Argh! I just want to do UBRS before the xpac, but the required ilvl is so high! I just came back from not playing since cata. I'm up to 485,bought all the 489 gear and I've gotten the 515 blues from the pre xpac quests.

Is there any other way to get up to the required ilvl without spending hours and hours running heroics/raids? I'd rather not put a bunch of time in just to run UBRS nostalgia.

I'm arms/prot warrior.

Also http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/alleria/Gwyainth/simple

I'm main protection so my gear is more angled to that, but thanks to the stat squish you can kinda use it for both? I guess? I dunno just came back a week ago.

StMeph

How good is your gear when you get the 90 boost? Probably gonna preorder wod tonight

Keeping my Shaman 75 though

Gonna boost a rogue to 90 I think

Argh! I just want to do UBRS before the xpac, but the required ilvl is so high! I just came back from not playing since cata. I'm up to 485,bought all the 489 gear and I've gotten the 515 blues from the pre xpac quests.

Is there any other way to get up to the required ilvl without spending hours and hours running heroics/raids? I'd rather not put a bunch of time in just to run UBRS nostalgia.

483 greens. It'll be enough if you're going straight into WoD, since the gear reset will take care of most of it quickly.

If you want some fast gear, Timeless Isle still puts you in i496 epics, with one i535 item. You can also buy the formerly JP/Valor items with gold, the current Halloween event has an i540 ring, and the pre-release event ends with an i540 trinket as well.

Wunder

I'm back playing after like a year, and I'm kinda confused what has changed

is LFR still the same system? I see some people elsewhere talking about having to organize groups now and i'm just curious

my warrior is 90 and with a gear level of 496 which means I think he can get in? but if they changed LFR then I dunno

I've just been spending my time levelling other characters up to 90. got 2 more done this weekend and i'm not really sure what else to do until the expansion hits.

did a quick scroll through and saw no one answered you (I think) -

With 6.0.2 they released a thing called Premade Groups, you can find it at the bottom of your Dungeon/Raid Finder window. It's basically another integration of a popular WoW mod into WoW's core UI and functionality. What it allows you to do is try to find groups for almost anything that would require a party or raid, and utilizes Blizzard's cross realm tech.

So while LFR is the exact same, this new raid allows players to much more easily do the higher tier of raid content, especially now that SoO has been out for a year and people are mostly familiar with the instance.

Once WoD hits, I imagine the premade finder will calm down a bit in terms of high-end raids, and most people will focus on premade heroic 5-mans or maybe a rep grinding group.

mileS

The boost sets are really nice to keep around for transmog, mind.

dk_90.jpg
druid_90.jpg
hunter_90.jpg
mage_90.jpg
monk_90.jpg
paladin_90.jpg
priest_90.jpg
rogue_90.jpg
shaman_90.jpg
warlock_90.jpg
warrior_90.jpg

You can also get these from having a level 3 Salvage Yard in your Garrison.

I'm so glad they added these. Only mild complaint I have is the warrior set is too similar to the Horder General+ ranking pvp gear. Considering how rare that gear is it's kind of strange to have tons of random boosted characters running around looking mostly the same. Thats just a silly nit pick though.

Had no idea you can get these from the Garrison though! thanks for the info.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom