• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holy crap. Managed to get into a heroic Garry group where we wiped the first time because Feathermoon crashed and took seven people with it and then we nailed it the second time and everyone got a heirloom weapon. Seriously couldn't have asked for better. Considerate peeps too waiting for the Feathermoon guys to come back and not auto-kicking them. Rad stuff.
That's always nice when you run into patient people in a group. Grats on the heirloom! I got mine earlier too.

mstevens

I wish I could casually get back into this game, but every time I go back I get overwhelmed by all the new stuff and the millions of things to do, that I just can't enjoy it. This expansion is pretty tempting though... Would love to get my Vanilla Shaman undeleted.

Salamando

Not to mention easy access to Tomes of the Clear Mind to reset glyphs or talents. :p

Can you reset your talents in the wild anymore? Tried to do so yesterday, and couldn't right-click a talent away. Talent window's help button indicated a trip to he class trainer was needed.

Peachpies

Can you reset your talents in the wild anymore? Tried to do so yesterday, and couldn't right-click a talent away. Talent window's help button indicated a trip to he class trainer was needed.
You don't right click a talent away if you left click on a different talent in that tier you will unlearn the currently selected talent. You can still unlearn talents at the class trainer but that costs a lot more than it would to simply select new talents with tomes.

Salamando

You don't right click a talent away if you left click on a different talent in that tier you will unlearn the currently selected talent. You can still unlearn talents at the class trainer but that costs a lot more than it would to simply select new talents with tomes.

Huh, guess I forgot that part. Yet I was able to rebuild my bar setup based off muscle memory.

Apt101

If your pally is retribution, then yes, continue with your shaman.

I'm a bit upset at the shaman changes though, but still doing better than ret right now.

It is, and I decided to stick with him. The cycle is really straight forward, and it's the character I played since day one back in 2003 or whenever. The shaman I started shortly after hitting 60.

So much has changed since I played during Lich King. I am completely lost healing. I saved up some healing gear while leveling and tried a dungeon out. People were maaaaaaad at me lol. I need lots of practice.

The new group finder is literally the worst of both worlds. Idiots you'd normally find in LFR mixed in with a worse feature set than oQueue. At least oQueue was somewhat self-selecting since you had to have the addon, so it weeded out some of those people. But not anymore.

Jag

So I have 1 of every class at max. But I need to start gearing one of my alts up for SoO. What would be the most useful Heirloom? I'm thinking the +int staff? Mage, Priest, Lock. I like my Guardian Druid, but only my Monk could use the agi staff too.

Suramar just went down too and I've been noticing bad lag in areas overall. Rough night in general I think if the CS Twitter feed is anything to go by.

Gah, just noticed that Guild Herald and Guild Page pets are gray despite my having bought (and used) them in the past. Armory also thinks I own them. I transferred to Horde and then back to Alliance and from poking around the forums it sounds like this happens sometimes. Anyone else have this happen to them? I submitted a ticket but with a 6d wait time -- eeep!

Apt101

Resto druid it is! Guess I'll be an elf.

Is it a regular thing for entire parties to be kicked from instances, and the instances reset? I remember the drops being a rare occurrence, but the instances never outright reset.

mstevens

One of the only classes I've never leveled is Druid... If I preordered and boosted to 90, would it be pretty overwhelming to learn healing? Half the reason I want to resub is to bring my vanilla 60 shaman back from the dead, lol.

Peachpies

Resto druid it is! Guess I'll be an elf.

Is it a regular thing for entire parties to be kicked from instances, and the instances reset? I remember the drops being a rare occurrence, but the instances never outright reset.
There have been some server problems since 6.0

Apt101

I don't know if it's growing pains with the new patch, but having no idea what I was doing and hitting buttons and stuff as they came off cooldown, I stood in place in Arathi Basin healing myself (and I suppose others) while about 6 people focused fired on me and I never came close to dying. After the match people were like "you're an awesome healer!" (sic). No idea what I was doing.

Edit: I randomly stunned someone, and I also used my shields and hands on random allies. I just clicked, then clicked.

Loxley

One of the only classes I've never leveled is Druid... If I preordered and boosted to 90, would it be pretty overwhelming to learn healing? Half the reason I want to resub is to bring my vanilla 60 shaman back from the dead, lol.

I don't think it'll be an insurmountable task, but the gear you receive with a boosted character sets you up to start running Heroics right away. More often than not, at least in the random groups you get with the LFG tool, tanks are programmed these days to pretty much just rush from boss to boss, gathering up as much trash as they possibly can kill it en masse and get it out of the way - so you'll have your work cut out for you right off the bat, especially if you don't have much experience as a healer.

And just as a heads up, tanks who use the LFG tool for random heroics are usually some of the most laughably impatient players around. So if you lag behind at all on your healing, be prepared to deal with a lot of whining.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Just met a random guy while questing, around level 40, in Feralas. Invited me to a group and we went questing together for an hour or so. Turned out to be a really cool guy, and we really knocked out a good portion of quests.

Something like this hasn't happened in a long time. Usually, low level zones are dead zones, and if you do meet somebody, they're just going about their business. I'm glad patch 6.0 is breathing new life into the game.

cdyhybrid

I don't think it'll be an insurmountable task, but the gear you receive with a boosted character sets you up to start running Heroics right away. More often than not, at least in the random groups you get with the LFG tool, tanks are programmed these days to pretty much just rush from boss to boss, gathering up as much trash as they possibly can kill it en masse and get it out of the way - so you'll have your work cut out for you right off the bat, especially if you don't have much experience as a healer.

And just as a heads up, tanks who use the LFG tool for random heroics are usually some of the most laughably impatient players around. So if you lag behind at all on your healing, be prepared to deal with a lot of whining.

Could try doing Proving Grounds before jumping into a dungeon.

Apt101

I'm looking over tutorials, and I cannot find Word of Glory. Is that still a spell? Also how do I built holy power aside from Holy Shock?

Ultratech

Got the Normal Int Staff off Garrosh earlier.

Only other weapon I plan on getting is the Agi Staff, but my Druid happens to be semi-geared, so getting him a few ilvls up shouldn't be hard.

(Already got Bow, 2H Axe, and 1H Str Sword.)

Arcayne

Bought iLvl550 PvP agi staff + dancing steel enchant to upgrade from my ilvl510 weapon 2 days ago. Got my normal garrosh pig sticker heirloom + another dancing steel enchant last night. And now just got my heroic version garrosh heirloom + another dancing steel enchant. My gooooooooooooooooldddddddddddd

On another note: I'm VEEEERRRYYY happy to be gearing up so quickly!

cdyhybrid

vtFIFiu.jpg

WANT

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
So you can do multiple heroic(normal) lockouts for SoO now. That's pretty cool for selling/helping people get their BoAs across multiple characters. Surprised Blizzard did it.

StayDead

I'm camping vanilla world rares again. I've officially lost my mind. The green has a 4 percent chance to drop that I want for transmog, but after seeing the cost of it on the AH I'd rather take my chances with camping on my characters haha.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Got a question. I was going to buy a run for my warrior as well since they're undergeared, but I know I could use the 2hander in WoD. My warrior is fury. Should I set my loot spec to arms to make sure I get the 2 hander and not the 1h sword(that was the tank sword but techncially isn't 'a tank sword' anymore)? Or do the BoAs first drop base it off the spec you're currently using?

Rizzi

Got a question. I was going to buy a run for my warrior as well since they're undergeared, but I know I could use the 2hander in WoD. My warrior is fury. Should I set my loot spec to arms to make sure I get the 2 hander and not the 1h sword(that was the tank sword but techncially isn't 'a tank sword' anymore)? Or do the BoAs first drop base it off the spec you're currently using?

You "can" get a 2h using fury, but you could also get the 1h. Pick arms if you don't want to take that chance. It all works off the loot spec.

StMeph

Set it to Arms if you want the 2H. It's based on your loot spec.

Jag

Can a 530 Druid tank normal Garrosh? I just want the heirloom and this is as far as I feel like upgrading this alt. I know 540 is probably optimal, but I really don't feel like raiding SoO anymore after running it non-stop on my main.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom