• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Entropia

No One Remembers
I saw someone on my server with it.

Seems like if you had saved your Vicious Saddle, you could buy that after 6.00. Not sure if blizzard will do anything about it, but seems fair.

God dammit. I used my saddles and sent the mounts to an alt.

(it's a Horde only mount anyways, I'd be stuck with one of the lame Alliance ones)

erawsd

I'm so glad they added these. Only mild complaint I have is the warrior set is too similar to the Horder General+ ranking pvp gear. Considering how rare that gear is it's kind of strange to have tons of random boosted characters running around looking mostly the same. Thats just a silly nit pick though.

Had no idea you can get these from the Garrison though! thanks for the info.

I really wish they styled the end game sets more like these and gave up on the exaggerated special effects. The Shaman T17 in particular is just ridiculous with giant tornados and exploding planets.

ampere

Wish I could record videos. Fraps drops my fps to below 20 though, which really isn't playable for me.

I'll have to consider getting a better video card setup in my next build

Great sadness :(

I foresee this happening a lot with different transformations. Next up is the massive furbolg one going around

Hmm so what professions are people thinking of building in their garrison and using their boosted character on? Seems like just about every profession has a daily CD, so having multiples wouldn't be bad, especially with profession items having an upgrade path that requires a boatload of the daily cd material.

Not sure if I should duplicate and have my garrison match my proffs to get as much of their cool down limited material as possible, or cover my empty spots and pick up something like inscription or jewel crafting.

RPGCrazied

Many FoS's were turned into Legacy Achievements. Legacy achievements don't have points.

Well, they aren't consolidated anymore. Like all my toons, 11 in total use to share most of the same amount of points, which is around 8200, but now each character has its own amount. Did this change with 6.2?

My highest on a character is like 5k or so with my lowest is like 1k.

ampere

Well, they aren't consolidated anymore. Like all my toons, 11 in total use to share most of the same amount of points, which is around 8200, but now each character has its own amount. Did this change with 6.2?

My highest on a character is like 5k or so with my lowest is like 1k.

I'm having this problem too. My account wide point total is ~19000, but right now armory is only showing character specific points. There's an in-game setting for this, but the checkbox is checked and greyed out for me.

See here (under Interface -> Display):

W2B9Gyt.png

More questions for you guys. At some point I'll have my 90 pally, warrior, and rogue back. I'm already playing on my lock. I'd like to go ahead and use the 90 boost and start working on maxing professions. My question is which class? I'm basically deciding between DK, Monk, and Druid. I like to be able to tank on occasion, but I'm more just into dinking around - soloing content, farming for mounts, etc. So I think any of the 3 would do. Are DK's still the king of killing stuff? I'm leaning toward that direction; however, druids have always had a special place in my heart. And I don't know what to make of monks. I'm leveling one right now and he's only at 20.

Got a question. I was going to buy a run for my warrior as well since they're undergeared, but I know I could use the 2hander in WoD. My warrior is fury. Should I set my loot spec to arms to make sure I get the 2 hander and not the 1h sword(that was the tank sword but techncially isn't 'a tank sword' anymore)? Or do the BoAs first drop base it off the spec you're currently using?

In my experience it's based on the spec you select and the difficulty of the dungeon.

So, for example, lets say you go in with a warrior on normal, you have his loot spec set to arms. The 2handed axe will drop. If you go into heroic, keep everything the same, the 2 handed axe (heroic) will drop. If you go into mythic and set your spec to prot, the shield or the 1 hander will drop.

I can confirm that you get a guaranteed heirloom per character, per difficulty. I ran heroic and normal with my dk and got two of the 2 handers on the same night.

Wunder

More questions for you guys. At some point I'll have my 90 pally, warrior, and rogue back. I'm already playing on my lock. I'd like to go ahead and use the 90 boost and start working on maxing professions. My question is which class? I'm basically deciding between DK, Monk, and Druid. I like to be able to tank on occasion, but I'm more just into dinking around - soloing content, farming for mounts, etc. So I think any of the 3 would do. Are DK's still the king of killing stuff? I'm leaning toward that direction; however, druids have always had a special place in my heart. And I don't know what to make of monks. I'm leveling one right now and he's only at 20.

Soloing old content has been made extremely easy thanks to how they've dealt with the stat squish and being a higher level than stuff. That being said, I think DKs are still pretty darn good. I don't have one myself, but I think they still have their strong self-healing while being able to do a lot of damage, which is really all you need for old content.

Not played world of warcraft for a few years and even then I only made it to around level 55 so at this point I would just consider myself a new player. Got myself a level 21 Goblin Hunter but I have no idea which professions are of use to me, I assume I need a combination of one that makes awesome items and one to make money?

Fjordson

Not played world of warcraft for a few years and even then I only made it to around level 55 so at this point I would just consider myself a new player. Got myself a level 21 Goblin Hunter but I have no idea which professions are of use to me, I assume I need a combination of one that makes awesome items and one to make money?
Eh, I wouldn't worry about professions at the moment. Don't really need them while leveling and the new expansion will make leveling them easier I believe.

cdyhybrid

You don't need a combination like that. It makes it easier to take one production and one gathering (especially if you take a gathering profession that compliments your production profession), but it's not necessary. There are other ways to get your hands on the raw materials you need, so you could take two production professions. Or if all you're looking for is money, you can take two gathering professions and just sell everything.

Also, it's probably easier to just get to max level ASAP and then go back and level them up.

Can a 530 Druid tank normal Garrosh? I just want the heirloom and this is as far as I feel like upgrading this alt. I know 540 is probably optimal, but I really don't feel like raiding SoO anymore after running it non-stop on my main.
I take it you don't have the cloak? I managed to get to 556 just on Ordos and Celestials on my hunter. Otherwise I only did LFR up until this past week.

530 feels low to me otherwise though. I doubt anyone you don't know will take you in there (feels like random groups have been asking for even higher levels lately) but if you have some patient guildies who are willing to give you a chance... worth trying? (Someone else might have better insight into tanking the fights now though as I've mostly been focused on what I need as DPS.)

Magnus

I'm really glad Blizzard is doing simple guide videos like this for new players:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRenHMACxs8&index=5&list=PLY0KbDiiFYeOPFKX6b-6Sr8bvGSL9AJPx

They're super simple illustrations of spell priority and class/spec-specific resources. I have two acquaintances who play who just watched them. These are people who've played for years.

One said, "That really helped. Maybe my DPS will be better now." Really? You've been playing (albeit casually) for years and this video actually taught you something?

The other said, "I just cast whatever I feel like most of the time. If it glows on the status bar, I hit it."

I was a little dumbfounded. These guys (especially the latter) really didn't give thought to priorities and resource management. The second one just mashed buttons. Fuck. I mean, at least the changes introduced in 4.0 gave a better guide to the obvious things to cast. I think that was the patch that made hotbar abilities glow when you'd built up resources or stuff came off cooldown, etc.

These are the types of players that are out there guys. lol

I challenged some other friends who were curious about the game once and wanted to watch me play, and they tried it out. They found the tooltips and overall UI to be really imposing and an "information overload". I remember someone saying something like "this is too much work; I don't want to have to learn this much to play well".

Maybe the ability pare-down was a good move after all? To gain new players?

Although didn't Blizzard also recently say they didn't care as much about growing the player base anymore, but are focusing on retention, and bringing lapsed players back?

--

And yeah, I'm finally 540 from just playing intermittently over the past few months (haven't been lucky with drops), and it's rough finding any groups for SoO, even on Normal. (the new Normal, former flex). I get rejected all the time and honestly don't know why. Are they checking my APs on armory and seeing that I don't have a Garry kill? That's probably it.

I'll never get an heirloom at this rate...lol

Jag

I take it you don't have the cloak? I managed to get to 556 just on Ordos and Celestials on my hunter. Otherwise I only did LFR up until this past week.

530 feels low to me otherwise though. I doubt anyone you don't know will take you in there (feels like random groups have been asking for even higher levels lately) but if you have some patient guildies who are willing to give you a chance... worth trying?

I have the cloak on my main and swore I would never go through that secret/seal drop hell again. I've done pretty well on Ordos/Celestials, but not enough to go much higher. I could farm lesser charms to upgrade the pieces, but that's probably hundreds of charms and it still wouldn't get me high enough. I wish they were account bound.

I guess I can try and see if a group would take me. I just don't don't want to start something I'm not qualified for. I tried queuing as a 530 feral dps and got zero hits.

I have the cloak on my main and swore I would never go through that secret/seal drop hell again. I've done pretty well on Ordos/Celestials, but not enough to go much higher. I could farm lesser charms to upgrade the pieces, but that's probably hundreds of charms and it still wouldn't get me high enough. I wish they were account bound.

I guess I can try and see if a group would take me. I just don't don't want to start something I'm not qualified for. I tried queuing as a 530 feral dps and got zero hits.
If you look in the custom raid search... you want frog groups for lesser coins. That's why there's always so many of them up. Between upgrading what gear you have left to unlimited seals for extra rolls, there's a lot of people looking to farm.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
So you can do multiple heroic(normal) lockouts for SoO now. That's pretty cool for selling/helping people get their BoAs across multiple characters. Surprised Blizzard did it.

I think you can do everything as many times as you want now, you just are only eligable for loot the first time.

Not 100% sure about mythic, but I think it applies there too.

Wish they'd retroactively do that for older raids too though.

Is there any way to get extra Warforged Seals? Or is it still just 3 a week from the quest?

You can do the quest as many times as you want now right? They upped the cap to 20 seals so I'm pretty sure thats how it works.

Is there any way to get extra Warforged Seals? Or is it still just 3 a week from the quest?
It's an unlimited quest now but you can only hold 20 of them at a time.
Did Horseman for the first time last night and got the squashling pet. Fun, easy fight and cool loot. This Hallow's Eve stuff is great fun.
The candy buckets though. Oof. I honestly never thought I'd be doing them all again. Downloaded the HandyNote Hallow's End addon though and that's helped a bunch. It checks according to if the bucket's quest is active so even if you've already done a few of them, it knows.

Need 450 candies though, dammit. I have two pets and a toy to buy!

Rapstah

Are Achievements fucked? I unlocked some throwaway thing in Northrend and now it says "Completed by: " with a blank and "not unlocked by" the character who unlocked it.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Need 450 candies though, dammit. I have two pets and a toy to buy!

Make sure to get the pets on an alt, and do your main guy to get the 500 for the lich kind costume.

I fucked that up now I can't get the Lich King costume on the guy I would/will be playing most. =(

Fjordson

Ohh shit, I didn't know that. Awesome. Bout to get sealed up on my Warlock. Even though gearing up at this point is somewhat pointless, I want that green fire lol.

ZServ

Can a 530 Druid tank normal Garrosh? I just want the heirloom and this is as far as I feel like upgrading this alt. I know 540 is probably optimal, but I really don't feel like raiding SoO anymore after running it non-stop on my main.

Hmm. I feel like you probably can, but it depends. When my friend Chris and I first killed Garrosh, we were still doing the non-stack method. Now everyone does that, and personal CD's become a lot more important. Combined with the whole raid sharing brez's now, it is kind of up in the air.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
I feel like I've entered some sort of time warp and I'm back in 2005 with my mage.

I feel like this is definitely what they're going for this expansion.

This expac in every aspect is just a love letter to BC fans and when WoW was on the rise. we're going back to (for all intents and purposes) Outland, all the abilities feel really close to how BC was or close enough.

I mean, Nagrand is Nagrand for chrissakes, we're probably going to fight Kil'Jaeden again, it's almost so obvious it feels like I'm being pandered to.

...Guess it's better than being Panda'd to.

I'm really glad Blizzard is doing simple guide videos like this for new players:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRenHMACxs8&index=5&list=PLY0KbDiiFYeOPFKX6b-6Sr8bvGSL9AJPx

They're super simple illustrations of spell priority and class/spec-specific resources. I have two acquaintances who play who just watched them. These are people who've played for years.

One said, "That really helped. Maybe my DPS will be better now." Really? You've been playing (albeit casually) for years and this video actually taught you something?

The other said, "I just cast whatever I feel like most of the time. If it glows on the status bar, I hit it."

I was a little dumbfounded. These guys (especially the latter) really didn't give thought to priorities and resource management. The second one just mashed buttons. Fuck. I mean, at least the changes introduced in 4.0 gave a better guide to the obvious things to cast. I think that was the patch that made hotbar abilities glow when you'd built up resources or stuff came off cooldown, etc.

These are the types of players that are out there guys. lol

Stuff like this is why some people ask for 585+ on normal SoOs right now. People just don't want to babysit. It's not asking much for people to look at the core abilities page on the spellbook or read spell tooltips to see how to do stuff.

It's not even people doing poorly that gets me, it's when they act all indignant when you point out how to do it better, like you're the asshole for knowing how to play a fairly complicated video game and asking the same of others.

Make sure to get the pets on an alt, and do your main guy to get the 500 for the lich kind costume.

I fucked that up now I can't get the Lich King costume on the guy I would/will be playing most. =(
I don't really play my alts. I have a 70 priest and a 45 monk so most of what I do is on my main. Which means using flight paths while I do other stuff isn't as easy. I may drag my priest through some stuff if I can't reach my candy goal as a last resort. I'm kinda shug about the Arthas outfit anyway. If it was a toy - I'd totally grab it. Not feeling the "charges" nature of it.
...Guess it's better than being Panda'd to.
I groaned (but smiled).

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I want to farm candies for the Lich King costume, but the limited charges is what stopping me... i hate when they do that. :(

ampere

Did Horseman for the first time last night and got the squashling pet. Fun, easy fight and cool loot. This Hallow's Eve stuff is great fun.

I love WoW holidays. There is an absolute ton of shit to do if you haven't been playing many years too.

I just got my Headless Horseman mount yesterday after many years! :) I leveled 12 toons to 90 to do it, but got it on like my 20th run of the year lol. Can't complain

There can be only one Lich King...

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Look at the WoW forums when they ask 'what songs do you listen to?' Then you'll see why Blizzard books metal bands so often. Makes sense given the history with fantasy and metal music anyhow though it's of no interest to me.

Fjordson

Look at the WoW forums when they ask 'what songs do you listen to?' Then you'll see why Blizzard books metal bands so often. Makes sense given the history with fantasy and metal music anyhow though it's of no interest to me.
Agreed. Not interested in metal personally, but Metallica is a good get for Blizzcon. Seems like a good fit.

It'll suck when you get the lich king costume and you realize you can't mount or get in vehicles with it.
I'm just bummed it has charges. Always hate when cosmetic/toy things have that.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
I went ahead and boosted to 90 on my Paladin (Retribution) and did the Blasted Lands quest chain to unlock all of my abilities and talents. I'm really liking the stat squish and reduction in number of abilities. Totally seems manageable to play.

I logged off in Stormwind last night, but now I'm wondering what I should do. Is it wise to just jump in the dungeon finder as a DPS to try and gear up a bit in preparation for the expansion? I think my ilvl is like 490 or something with the gear they gave me and the stuff I got from quests. Is that enough to do normal dungeons reasonably well at level 90?

Hixx

I went ahead and boosted to 90 on my Paladin (Retribution) and did the Blasted Lands quest chain to unlock all of my abilities and talents. I'm really liking the stat squish and reduction in number of abilities. Totally seems manageable to play.

I logged off in Stormwind last night, but now I'm wondering what I should do. Is it wise to just jump in the dungeon finder as a DPS to try and gear up a bit in preparation for the expansion? I think my ilvl is like 490 or something with the gear they gave me and the stuff I got from quests. Is that enough to do normal dungeons reasonably well at level 90?

490 is well, well above what you will get from running dungeons.

You will want to move into LFR to gear up from there, Throne of Thunder is available around 480-90 iirc.

vocab

Don't even bother with dungeons (except ubrs). They are the biggest waste of time in MoP.

I think I'm gonna make a DK, level to 60 and then boost to 90 for the boosted professions. Do Worgen make okay DK's? I see Draenei have some pretty nice racials for the upcoming expansion, but I can't stand the way they look.

Interfectum

490 is well, well above what you will get from running dungeons.

You will want to move into LFR to gear up from there, Throne of Thunder is available around 480-90 iirc.

The first raid available for me in LFR is Mogu'shan Vaults. I've never done it before so is there anything I need to know going into it (hunter)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom