• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rizzi

Pretty sure my warrior is going to be my main heading in to MoP.
My warlock doesn't feel so great after playing with a melee class for a while.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Afaik this is the case for Cata raids, but Cata raids only. Higher drop chance on 25

Really? If that's the case, i might try to solo Alysrazor on 25 instead of 10. Dunno how much harder she will be though. I can solo her easily enough on all my alts on 10 man, even with Timeless Isle gear.

RPGCrazied

How are combat rogues these days?

I'm not hardcore or anything, but decent I guess. But still steamed they took away my fan of knives and shadow dance. But that is pretty much every class I'm seeing, at least one skill I loved got scrapped for this ability pruning bologna. Like my mage can no longer use arcane explosion, just like how am I suppose to aoe now, blizzard? You can't move with that.

Rizzi

I was doing LFR Fallen Protectors on my rogue just now, and the instance died just as we were about to kill them. Got disconnected, came back and the instance was gone.
Great.

Jag

You could settle for normal kills. Just scan the group finder thing for groups already on Garrosh and looking for more people. I got all my characters weapons doing that and it only takes 5-10 minutes.

What levels? I find it hard to get in under 530-540. There is just a ton of higher competition.

ampere

This sounds like a myth, there isn't a difference between 10 and 25 for Firelands except the legendary drop stuff afaik.

I'm basing this off Wowhead data, which admittedly might not be enough samples (especially for the Al'Akir 25 kills)... but 25 is easy anyway.

Al'Akir:
10: 66/10473 = 0.6%
10H: 2/879 = 0.2%
25: 12/512 = 2%
25H: 1/119 = 0.8%

Deathwing (Reins of the Blazing Drake, not heroic mount):
10: 830/19244 = 4%
10H: 100/1856 = 5%
25: 231/1880 = 12%
25H: none listed for some reason

H Priest here, ilvl is about 540 or so.

What old raids or dungeons can I realistically solo up to? I don't want to walk into one and just get destroyed >_>.

I'm bad at shadow so please no go shadows :x

I'd still recommend Shadow, but Holy in Chakra Chastise does OK damage, especially with mostly Haste/Crit gear. I think you can probably solo almost all WotLK stuff and before, and probably some 10 player Cata raids.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
I'm basing this off Wowhead data, which admittedly might not be enough samples (especially for the Al'Akir 25 kills)... but 25 is easy anyway.

Al'Akir:
10: 66/10473 = 0.6%
10H: 2/879 = 0.2%
25: 12/512 = 2%
25H: 1/119 = 0.8%

Deathwing (Reins of the Blazing Drake, not heroic mount):
10: 830/19244 = 4%
10H: 100/1856 = 5%
25: 231/1880 = 12%
25H: none listed for some reason

I'd still recommend Shadow, but Holy in Chakra Chastise does OK damage, especially with mostly Haste/Crit gear. I think you can probably solo almost all WotLK stuff and before, and probably some 10 player Cata raids.

Look at those sample size numbers. Wowhead data is based on who actually loots the item or sees it and uploads the data to wowhead, not if it drops.

If anyone has a spot for SoO normal or heroic during the weekend i'll apreciate an invite, my uni and guild raiding are not getting along right now. If not i'll have to try get a spot on openraid.

Armory

I think they changed sinister strike to not care what's in your mainhand anymore, so just slap whatever weapon is higher DPS in your main and offhand the weaker weapon.

It's been a while since I played combat though.

Rizzi

Well, that's four times today I've gotten to a LFR boss and the server has kicked everyone out and deleted the instance.
Like queuing as dps isn't a long enough experience already.

Did they remove the tracker from the interface?

It was really easy to keep track of before.

No. And I have this Saved Instances addon which helps. But it's still SO MUCH. At least 4 or 5 mount runs alone that I can currently do on 2 characters, more in Warlords at 100. That alone will take up hours each week until some start actually dropping.

cdyhybrid

Doing this random BG grind for Season 15 gear. Already have a few pieces. Pretty much only doing LFR for Secrets right now, rest of my time is spent farming honor or Timeless Coins.

Apt101

These introductory level 90 quests are a pain in the balls for a resto druid. It takes forever to kill anything, let alone the mini-boss type characters, and they place legions of enemies before objectives. This shit is laborious.

Edit: I've died at least 10 times just trying to get into and out of objectives. All of the enemies charge and root, and they're packed so dense sometimes you get mobbed by 5-10 in seconds if one aggros. Ugh. This is not putting your best foot forward Blizzard. If I didn't know the game was so much better beyond this I could see it completely turning new players off.

Edit 2: Damn this resto really highlights how needlessly complex and ineffective holy paladin healing is. I am ten times as effective, requiring no tedious mechanic to build up potency. It's making me a bit angry how poorly holy paladin is designed in comparison.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
These introductory level 90 quests are a pain in the balls for a resto druid. It takes forever to kill anything, let alone the mini-boss type characters, and they place legions of enemies before objectives. This shit is laborious.

Edit: I've died at least 10 times just trying to get into and out of objectives. All of the enemies charge and root, and they're packed so dense sometimes you get mobbed by 5-10 in seconds if one aggros. Ugh. This is not putting your best foot forward Blizzard. If I didn't know the game was so much better beyond this I could see it completely turning new players off.

You're...not exactly supposed to quest or kill things as a healer.

ampere

Tried the Celestial Pet Tournament 3 times tonight, got kicked out to my character login and had to restart. I'm so fucking pissed, ugh. Was on the very last pet fight too, that shit takes like an hour.

Look at those sample size numbers. Wowhead data is based on who actually loots the item or sees it and uploads the data to wowhead, not if it drops.

Yeah I should caveat it with "this might be the case based on limited Wowhead data".

Apt101

Man I forgot how abusive people can be in MMO's. I healed my first dungeon after using PvP to get a handle on things. No one died but people were calling me names and such because I was a little slow. I warned them I haven't played for years and it's a brand new character. Fucking cocks. I need to find a good guild. And get better.

Apt101

I keep getting CC'd to death. Stuns, roots, in perpetuity. I thought I read they took care of this? This is far, far worse than I remember it.

Edit: I mean holy shit PvP is near unplayable like this. I am not in control of my character, just standing there way too often.

vocab

I keep getting CC'd to death. Stuns, roots, in perpetuity. I thought I read they took care of this? This is far, far worse than I remember it.

Edit: I mean holy shit PvP is near unplayable like this. I am not in control of my character, just standing there way too often.

Ya, it's stupid. Resilience was also dumb as shit too. There's some classes that are unplayable in pvp.

I finally dual specced on my paladin.

I always loved tanking, I'm so happy to be doing it again. I just really love that role. Dual spec has made this shit so easy. Switch to ret when questing, go over to prot for dungeons.

iirate

You're...not exactly supposed to quest or kill things as a healer.

I've always leveled as disc over shadow, and before Penance was a thing, my original priest used a tri-spec smite build to do dailies and such, mostly because I liked smite and hated shadow. I use actual dps specs to solo on all of my other healers, but this particular prejudice survives to this day.

scoobs

Oh man... rogues are just ridiculous in PVP after the patch. You die in the stunlock unless you have your trinket up. Stuns in general are unfair in PVP at the moment with current health pools and burst.

StayDead

I'm not hardcore or anything, but decent I guess. But still steamed they took away my fan of knives and shadow dance. But that is pretty much every class I'm seeing, at least one skill I loved got scrapped for this ability pruning bologna. Like my mage can no longer use arcane explosion, just like how am I suppose to aoe now, blizzard? You can't move with that.

I'm glad they've removed movement. Being able to move all the time removes strategic decisions on when or when you can't move. For example moving out of AOE is a risk reward, you want to move quickly so you don't die, but if you move too quickly or too far your DPS drops. It's important to have that and it's what Cataclysm really fucked up by allowing everyone to move.

Especially with healers, druids used to be the heal and move class from TBC onwards, but then in Cataclysm and now MoP they lost their utility due to fight mechanics and also the fact Shamans were outright more useful.

Level 90, my gear isn't very good but I can't burn him quick enough to get him through the first phase before I die (she's my old main, alt now). I'll try again in a sec. I think I had an idea.

Are you talking about the drake phase? If you know the rhythm it becomes essentially impossible to die. I've even sat there soaking up the damage for awhile pre-patch. Not sure if that became harder actually after the patch.

The main tip is to burn as much health off during the phase transition. Save big cooldowns until 50% so you can knock off as much health making the drake phase go quicker. And if you want, something I used to do to get the health down to 1hp during the transition, hold back on burning Malygos during the first phase so it can summon a spark. Sit through the vortex and then the spark will get into range. Kill the spark near Malygos, go into the field it creates for the damage buff, and then get his health to 50% and burn the health down with that extra buff.

And if you still need to do the drake phase it's as simple as hitting 1, 1, 1, 2, 3 and looping that. Of course you'll need to have the energy for each ability but honestly I just mash the next button in the sequence and watch the action bar to spot when it actually triggers that ability and then move to the next in the sequence. When he does the static electricity attack just strafe around him a bit to get out of the attack and keep up the pattern.

That's all there is to it.

StayDead

Are you talking about the drake phase? If you know the rhythm it becomes essentially impossible to die. I've even sat there soaking up the damage for awhile pre-patch. Not sure if that became harder actually after the patch.

The main tip is to burn as much health off during the phase transition. Save big cooldowns until 50% so you can knock off as much health making the drake phase go quicker. And if you want, something I used to do to get the health down to 1hp during the transition, hold back on burning Malygos during the first phase so it can summon a spark. Sit through the vortex and then the spark will get into range. Kill the spark near Malygos, go into the field it creates for the damage buff, and then get his health to 50% and burn the health down with that extra buff.

And if you still need to do the drake phase it's as simple as hitting 1, 1, 1, 2, 3 and looping that. Of course you'll need to have the energy for each ability but honestly I just mash the next button in the sequence and watch the action bar to spot when it actually triggers that ability and then move to the next in the sequence. When he does the static electricity attack just strafe around him a bit to get out of the attack and keep up the pattern.

That's all there is to it.

It's phase 1. His cleave takes me down to near death even with an ice barrier on. I nearly died on my rogue to the same problem too, but I had recuperate up so it was fine.

Hixx

Yeah his cleave hits hard (~40k on plate, my max HP is about 47/48k). I noticed all of a sudden I was down to 7k HP, luckily I'm a Death Knight so I giggled and healed myself.

It's phase 1. His cleave takes me down to near death even with an ice barrier on. I nearly died on my rogue to the same problem too, but I had recuperate up so it was fine.

Yeah his cleave hits hard (~40k on plate, my max HP is about 47/48k). I noticed all of a sudden I was down to 7k HP, luckily I'm a Death Knight so I giggled and healed myself.

That just makes no sense to me. How is his cleave doing so much damage to a level 90 wearing plate? I have 55 kills on Malygos on my shaman and normally was waiting until after the first vortex prior to this patch but the damage wasn't bad then. Now I burn him down fairly quickly so maybe I'm just not letting him get a cleave off but seeing as how it's possible to go and solo all of Ulduar on 25m I'm not sure why Malygos is hitting so hard.

Something seems wacky.

Tell me about it

Sleep and fear constantly and all the movement impairments. By the time you can control your character again you're at like 25% health

I don't even bother if a rogue or dk get the jump on me

Hixx

That just makes no sense to me. How is his cleave doing so much damage to a level 90 wearing plate? I have 55 kills on Malygos on my shaman and normally was waiting until after the first vortex prior to this patch but the damage wasn't bad then. Now I burn him down fairly quickly so maybe I'm just not letting him get a cleave off but seeing as how it's possible to go and solo all of Ulduar on 25m I'm not sure why Malygos is hitting so hard.

Something seems wacky.

It's the only time I've ever noticed my health dip past the point where my runeforge wasn't just outhealing the damage and I was doing a lot of soloing yesterday (incl. some Cata stuff). Maybe the squish just missed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom