• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.

M.D

Ah, this sucks :(

I didn't have a lot of time to play over the last week so I haven't progressed at all with the legendary quest on my hunter

At this point there's no way I'm gonna get it with the hunter, but I think I'm pretty close to getting it with my druid (need 1 more Titan Runestone)

I wonder if I can get the 90 boost back
I love playing a hunter, but I only used the 90 boost to be able to start the Legendary quest line and boosted from 60 to get the professions, but I would've probably used it on another class if I knew I wouldn't complete the Legendary quest line in time to get the cloak

Got sword (lol) and mount (already have it) on my rogue on consecutive HH days.

Also, it feels like the accumulation of tricky treats is much lower than it used to be. Didn't his corpse literally make it rain tricky treats back when it was first introduced?

ZServ

Not really. I've done both (and I use auctionator) and while you can make the most cash playing the AH, it takes a decent amount of time to learn, watch and flip, especially now that they are merged. BTW running raids includes getting stuff like pets to drop and sell on the AH.

I was giving him a guaranteed alternative that is easier to do. The fact he 'never has money' means he probably never even dabbled in the AH. It's not a newbies game. I played with the idea of going for max bank but the thought of all that time spent on the AH isn't fun to me. I'd rather play the game rather than the AH game.

Iono. I don't know jack shit about the AH, but I know that buy low sell high works. In that sense, TSM has done wonders for me. For example: Flask of the draconic mind. Bought 18 at 44s a piece. Sold 3 so far, at 100g22s per. Wolf Rider's Leggings. Bought at 6g, resold at 361g. Nethersteel Claymore. Bought at 15g, sold at 530g. I wouldn't say that it's so much a "watch and flip" game so much as TSM automates that for you, you don't have to have confidence in your buys, just know how to read some numbers. And I didn't really take issue with the running old raids remark, more the TIsle. Isle isn't very good for making money unless you're going for the pets, IMO.

Also, a heads up to anyone who hasn't taken advantage of this already: people are lazy. They need strange dust for a daily quest during Halloween. Run your disenchant searches. I've spent 103g buying gear to disenchant and sold stacks of two for a bit now. Sold 325 dust in the past couple of days at roughly 10g for 2.

TheYanger

Got sword (lol) and mount (already have it) on my rogue on consecutive HH days.

Also, it feels like the accumulation of tricky treats is much lower than it used to be. Didn't his corpse literally make it rain tricky treats back when it was first introduced?

Yes but back then they weren't used for anything but eating.

Boogdud

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/14926693193

For those suffering from new gun sound syndrome.

They really screwed the pooch with the hunter weapon sounds. They could have done something really creative and added one time use items from engineering to give people an option.

ie) for guns and bows you could make 'silencers' for rifles and string dampeners for bows. Apply them to your rifle/bow and viola you have the new 'quiet' sounds.

"So what about people that aren't hunters who don't want to hear the old really loud sounds?" you ask?

engineers make a one-time use item: Ear Plugs that make whatever character uses them to hear the new quiet sounds.

Make the items bind on equip. Done...

Jag

Oh damn, I totally forgot about the Shado-Pan. Thanks dudes.

Don't forget you have to be friendly with Assault. You can get the neck at neutral. For friendly, queue up for a bunch of ToT LFR, 2-3 bosses with trash should get you there quick. You need one boss at the end to push you over the line to friendly. I don't think the Hallows rep buff works though. I tried it on one of my alts.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Isn't replacing sound files prohibited?

I'd start making ambitious sound design mods in a heartbeat if it wasn't.

Only if you're editing MPQs. Do it at your own risk, I guess, but people have been doing this to get rid of Worgen sniffles since Cataclysm and nothing's happened.

oh so the other day when I downed Yogg for the 1 light achievement, i forgot to switch the raid to 25m. I thought wow I got through that pretty easily. Oh.. whoops. Gotta redo it this week. Also, what's the deal with the Iron Dwarf Medium Rare achievement? The dwarfs that are getting killed off by Razorscale's Flamebreath are not registering for the achievement. I'm gonna try it again this week and see how it goes. Will put in a ticket or post to the wow support forums if it's still being dumb.

oh so the other day when I downed Yogg for the 1 light achievement, i forgot to switch the raid to 25m. I thought wow I got through that pretty easily. Oh.. whoops. Gotta redo it this week. Also, what's the deal with the Iron Dwarf Medium Rare achievement? The dwarfs that are getting killed off by Razorscale's Flamebreath are not registering for the achievement. I'm gonna try it again this week and see how it goes. Will put in a ticket or post to the wow support forums if it's still being dumb.
Yeah, that achievement has always been tricky. Took my guild several tries to get them all. Really gets hard when you're able to sneeze at them and they die before Razor can kill them.

Sheeit. Character services 25% off this week. Still less than that 50% discount a year or two ago, but now I have to jump on it this week for my shaman when I wasn't planning to.

Race change/transfer for my old hunter would be cheaper too, but not worth it when I have my new one to 60 ready for a boost.

Poor paladin will remain a bank alt for some time.

What's the best way to experience old raids? I'm only just now getting to Burning Crusade after years of playing nothing but vanilla content. There is no LFR for Blackwing and the others right?

StayDead

Waiting infront of Nalak with a huge horde group (I'm alliance) waiting to do that part of the legendary quest. I think I can do it :O

fuzzyset

What's the best way to experience old raids? I'm only just now getting to Burning Crusade after years of playing nothing but vanilla content. There is no LFR for Blackwing and the others right?

Either join a "legacy" guild that tries to actually do the raids at the right level or just stomp through them solo. Pretty much everything is solo-able by any class now. I geared up my DK to solo stuff on blood, but now I can easily solo Cata stuff on my "squishy" warlock.

ampere

You can use the group finder to look for groups doing legacy raids, or form your own group!. Just remember to ask about their rules on rolling for loot if you have something in mind.

Sheeit. Character services 25% off this week. Still less than that 50% discount a year or two ago, but now I have to jump on it this week for my shaman when I wasn't planning to.

Race change/transfer for my old hunter would be cheaper too, but not worth it when I have my new one to 60 ready for a boost.

Yeah those bitches... might faction and xfer my Warrior now. Tempting...

Tamanon

Banned
Waiting infront of Nalak with a huge horde group (I'm alliance) waiting to do that part of the legendary quest. I think I can do it :O

You can cheese it solo. Throw the thing at him from the steps leading up to the Throne of thunder portal. Move back until he despawns and just kite the guy around since he's slow until you've completed it.

Are you talking about the drake phase? If you know the rhythm it becomes essentially impossible to die. I've even sat there soaking up the damage for awhile pre-patch. Not sure if that became harder actually after the patch.

The main tip is to burn as much health off during the phase transition. Save big cooldowns until 50% so you can knock off as much health making the drake phase go quicker. And if you want, something I used to do to get the health down to 1hp during the transition, hold back on burning Malygos during the first phase so it can summon a spark. Sit through the vortex and then the spark will get into range. Kill the spark near Malygos, go into the field it creates for the damage buff, and then get his health to 50% and burn the health down with that extra buff.

And if you still need to do the drake phase it's as simple as hitting 1, 1, 1, 2, 3 and looping that. Of course you'll need to have the energy for each ability but honestly I just mash the next button in the sequence and watch the action bar to spot when it actually triggers that ability and then move to the next in the sequence. When he does the static electricity attack just strafe around him a bit to get out of the attack and keep up the pattern.

That's all there is to it.

Wibble, what difficulty should I do that on?

Holy crap I never knew this. I've been waiting so many lockouts for the ICC25 achiev. I only have kill the chick as a vampire and the 25 stacks of necrotic on the LK. I'm wondering if my Druid can solo those.

I don't think that's right, because I did my lich king achievements on my hunter, except for been waiting a long time for this. I did that on my dk, and didn't get the mount. I had to go back and do it on my hunter. Unless this has been changed, it wasn't the case a few months ago.

JSoup

Banned
Hmm.
Had helmet trasmoged to Horseman's helmet.
Now it's not showing. I can redo the transmog, it takes the money, but the changes aren't visible nor are they marked in the base item.

M.D

Fucking hell...

Did the the Pinnacle of Storms for the heart from Lei Shen to complete the quest

Everyone disconnected and thrown out at 4%

Trying to teleport to dungeon

Instance Not Found
Instance Not Found
Instance Not Found

-> Everything respawned

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
http://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comments/2jezt7/fast_gearing_tips_for_new_90sboosted_90s_get_to/

Going to work through this over the coming days. I actually meandered around the Timeless Isle a bit last night without a goal in mind.

It looks like it's recommending leaving the Timeless Isle after you've looted all of the chests once, right? Then just spend any Timeless Coins on Mogu Tokens?

After that, do Throne of Thunder until you're Friendly with the Shado-Pan Assault and then spend your gold on gear?

Is there an efficient way to get a lot of gold fairly quickly? I just boosted a Paladin and have like 200 gold to my name, I think.

StayDead

Up to Runestones now. Gotta get 12 but I have 3 weeks and I've got 8 SoO bosses for a chance this week still.

I really hope I can finish this. It'd make missing out on Challenge Modes and stuff more bearable.

Magnus

Damn. That's the sale I was waiting for, but not at 25%. It's still too expensive. Fuck.

Kintaco

Up to Runestones now. Gotta get 12 but I have 3 weeks and I've got 8 SoO bosses for a chance this week still.

I really hope I can finish this. It'd make missing out on Challenge Modes and stuff more bearable.
2 guaranteed drops per week. So it will depend on luck for the rest but it seems doable.

Kintaco

Seems like blizzard being greedy pricks! I was going to server transfer my Pally, might just leave her by her lonesome a while longer.

Fjordson

So far this week I've gotten the 2h axe, the bow, and the mace heirloom. Wanted the staff, but I got the mace.
Any of those on the same character? I saw someone mention in one of my groups that it was bugged or something and they got two heirlooms in the same week (same difficulty, same character) but I wasn't sure if he was forreal.

Follow this red line to the blazing chest for a few tokens and a burden of eternity. Use the burden on one of your tokens to get an ilvl 535 piece. http://i.imgur.com/gfDjQ5W.jpg (you'll likely have to corpse run the last bit. don't auto-res at the graveyard)

Update: It seems that anyone without a cloak when dead will go to a graveyard by the celestials pit. Not sure if this is a bug. So you'll need to somehow make it to the chest alive.... congrats rogues druids and hunters!

Anybody can reach the blazing chest safely if they're willing to do some farming on the isle ahead of time and/or buy some invis pots and be extremely patient.

http://www.wowhead.com/item=104293
http://www.wowhead.com/item=104288

These items are tailor-made to get you past the deadlier chokepoints (namely the run up the southwestern wall of sanctuary) on the way.

Hixx

How long would it take to farm 3500 honour purely through BGs? Alliance so I'll probably end up doing AV/EotS over and over, it seems.

Had no luck getting a 2H for my DK. Even ran a few heroics and no luck. Stuck with an ilvl404... its 100 ilvls behind my average
KuGsj.gif
Got to feel like it's crippling me a bit.

Brofist

How long would it take to farm 3500 honour purely through BGs? Alliance so I'll probably end up doing AV/EotS over and over, it seems.

Had no luck getting a 2H for my DK. Even ran a few heroics and no luck. Stuck with an ilvl404... its 100 ilvls behind my average
KuGsj.gif
Got to feel like it's crippling me a bit.

Get ready for a long grind. As of last night a full length WSG loss gave me 17 points.

mileS

It's hilarious how much damage a Guardian Druid does at low levels. I've leveled nothing but dungeons for 21-37 and each and every time I'm 65%+ of the damage. I know most classes don't get good aoe until much later, and leveling tanks usually do a ton of dmg (and have for a while now) but this is crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom