• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
My girlfriend and I did ICC10 yesterday for the mount achievement. Can we reset it to 10 Heroic today for the heroic achievements, or do we have to wait until next week(or maybe play with alts?)?

Ultratech

Welp I finally knocked out Only the Penitent and got my corrupted firehawk. Though I like the pureblood better, this one does kinda match my lock's transmog.

Grats!

Though yeah...Pureblood does look much better.

At least the Corrupted one goes well with a lock.

Only Raid meta mount I have left to get is T14 stuff.

Interfectum

I've been away from WoW for a long time... I think since even before LFR became a thing. I rarely ever did raids before but damn I just did 3-4 raids last night. I'm loving this but I'm guessing a lot of hardcore raiders hate LFR? Seems like they've tuned the raids towards pugs now (which I like).

TheYanger

I can't believe how stupid easy they've made Mythic Garrosh to be. Jumping from the old 10HM to Mythic is a joke.

Eh, this is how it usually is with an x.0 patch. It's not worth the tuning to try and make it equal to what it was, and the first day he was a super bitch, so better to aim low than to overshoot it and make it harder.

Leveled a worgen DK to 60 and then boosted to 90 with Blacksmithing/Mining. My thoughts?
borat.jpg

So much fun. I love melee lol. I was running around killing packs of mobs 3 to 4 levels higher than me without too much trouble and I could never do that before on my lock, warrior or pally. I suspect part of that might just be the recent changes to the game. And worgen are the shiz. I used to be a die-hard gnome fan and would make all my toons gnomes for the most part, but the new character models for gnomes are hideous in my opinion. Gonna start using other races more now.

And such a refreshing change being on a pve server. I can actually enjoy questing without getting gank-banged everywhere i go.

Interfectum

My only complaint so far after being gone for so long is the battleground situation seems fucked.

No more bonus honor or weekend events? Bleh.

Also there are way too many battlegrounds now. A lot of which are just the old battlegrounds with new layouts. They really should start trimming the fat on these.

I've been away from WoW for a long time... I think since even before LFR became a thing. I rarely ever did raids before but damn I just did 3-4 raids last night. I'm loving this but I'm guessing a lot of hardcore raiders hate LFR? Seems like they've tuned the raids towards pugs now (which I like).

Some might, Mythic(use to be Heroic) is tuned to be hard enough for good players. I think I've only seen like one person on gaf complain about how LFR devalues his experience in Mythic because he had to run through it to get gear to do normal, even though previous normal (now heroic) raid tiers usually have higher ilvl if not the same as new LFR tiers, making his argument invalid.

So much fun. I love melee lol. I was running around killing packs of mobs 3 to 4 levels higher than me without too much trouble and I could never do that before on my lock, warrior or pally. I suspect part of that might just be the recent changes to the game. And worgen are the shiz. I used to be a die-hard gnome fan and would make all my toons gnomes for the most part, but the new character models for gnomes are hideous in my opinion. Gonna start using other races more now.

And such a refreshing change being on a pve server. I can actually enjoy questing without getting gank-banged everywhere i go.

Worgen look pretty cool, I didn't care for my warrior one after awhile though because their 2 hand animation is really exaggerated. It was something like a forward flip and then they slide back like 2 feet, which looked really bad while running or when you clipped through raid bosses. The snorting every minute is kind of irritating too.

Wunder

Eh, this is how it usually is with an x.0 patch. It's not worth the tuning to try and make it equal to what it was, and the first day he was a super bitch, so better to aim low than to overshoot it and make it harder.

Yeah, I think it's fine to criticize the mythic difficulty for what it is, but also keep in mind that everything is in supposed to be in line and designed with level 100 stuff in mind, so unless the Mythic versions of Highmaul and Blackrock Foundry are terrible, I'm ok with SoO to be undertuned for a month - its been out for a year anyway!

My girlfriend and I did ICC10 yesterday for the mount achievement. Can we reset it to 10 Heroic today for the heroic achievements, or do we have to wait until next week(or maybe play with alts?)?
afaik normal and heroic icc share the same lockout. you have to wait or play alts (did the achievement for the frostwyrm too, still one of the greatest mounts in the whole game)

Bisnic

afaik normal and heroic icc share the same lockout. you have to wait or play alts (did the achievement for the frostwyrm too, still one of the greatest mounts in the whole game)

I was told that alts do not share the same raid achievements, so I would have to redo all the achievements I did yesterday on my main for this to work.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I'm surprised there are people who actually like the old gun sounds. Then again, there are people who are choosing to make the entire game significantly uglier just because they don't like the eyes that they never even see on their character model, so lolwowplayers I guess.

Worgen look pretty cool, I didn't care for my warrior one after awhile though because their 2 hand animation is really exaggerated. It was something like a forward flip and then they slide back like 2 feet, which looked really bad while running or when you clipped through raid bosses. The snorting every minute is kind of irritating too.
I hadn't noticed it yet, but I'll probably start to more and more as I keep playing.

mileS

Pretty much!

It's one thing to point out how easy it is, but anyone that is using this to judge mythic difficultly @100 is jumping the gun. The sky isn't falling people. Better to have the last few weeks easier rather than stupidly hard like you said.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I'm surprised anyone can like guns in wow, lol wowplayers I guess.

Just kidding, but Bow Supremacy. :D

Pretty much. The new gun sounds don't bother me because transmogging to bows has always been the correct choice.

Bisnic

I really hate the Worgen snorting too, which is why i used to download an addon that mute that particular sound. Not sure if it still exist for 6.0.

ampere

No, same lockout.

You should be able to do them on alts fine, individual achievement progress usually isn't shared across characaters, but achievements towards a meta are. Ex: you could do "I'm on a boat!" on one character and all the rest on another and you'd get the meta.

Nah I think LFR is a good thing. If everyone is allowed to see the content somehow, then they can keep making the hard mode stuff actually hard and most people will be 'happy'.

Jag

achievements towards a meta are. Ex: you could do "I'm on a boat!" on one character and all the rest on another and you'd get the meta.

Holy crap I never knew this. I've been waiting so many lockouts for the ICC25 achiev. I only have kill the chick as a vampire and the 25 stacks of necrotic on the LK. I'm wondering if my Druid can solo those.

Loxley

My only complaint so far after being gone for so long is the battleground situation seems fucked.

No more bonus honor or weekend events? Bleh.

Also there are way too many battlegrounds now. A lot of which are just the old battlegrounds with new layouts. They really should start trimming the fat on these.

I certainly wouldn't lose any sleep if we lost Eye of the Storm, at the very least. The classics (AV, WSG & AB) you pretty much have to keep around, but yeah - the number of BGs is starting to get a bit ridiculous.

Yeah, I have never been fond of guns in WoW.

Bow all the way.

/brofist

StayDead

I certainly wouldn't lose any sleep if we lost Eye of the Storm,

EoTS is funnily enough the only BG I really like.

WSG was always too campy/drawn out. AB seems to be decided within 2 minutes, AV is sadly dead now, the magic of AV is completely lost, the cataclysm ones with vehicles were just terrible, Gilneas seems to have the issues AB does and temple/mines are odd.

Anoregon

EOTS is great. Isle of Conquest and Strand of the Ancients are worthless and would be missed by no one.

Hixx

I'm never going to get a 2H weapon on my Death Knight. Fuck I haven't even got a 1H yet. I used up all my quick loot on my Druid it seems.

tariniel

So I just finished leveling my Rogue to 60 to boost it, as combat the whole way. Then I watched the new class guide videos they released, one was for combat and... it's exactly the same rotation I've been doing while leveling. It looks like there isn't a single thing different about it at cap. Kind of disappoint.

But there's always other specs I guess?

Veitsev

So I just finished leveling my Rogue to 60 to boost it, as combat the whole way. Then I watched the new class guide videos they released, one was for combat and... it's exactly the same rotation I've been doing while leveling. It looks like there isn't a single thing different about it at cap. Kind of disappoint.

But there's always other specs I guess?

The new videos are for people who boost straight to 90. There isn't much of a difference between basic rotations for characters at 60 vs 90.

Jag

I need to start working the AH. I never have money. Any addons besides auctioneer that will help?

Go run some old raids or farm the TI. You'll probably get more cash that way than trying to beat the AH pros.

Edit: Just got Toymaster. I think I'm done farming toys until WoD.

Anoregon

Man the hype is getting real. I'm at work right now with wowpedia open just reading articles on draenor stuff.

Mists was a very good expansion but holy shit am I ready for the new hotness.

Lanigan

Neo Member
Got 3 weeks to get 8 secrets then finish my cloak quest chain. Can I do it? o_O

Apparently, you can get more than one secret/runestone per boss on the same week now, so it may be doable.
Not sure if you can do it over and over on the same dificulty though.

ZServ

Go run some old raids or farm the TI. You'll probably get more cash that way than trying to beat the AH pros.

lol this is so wrong it's funny.

To the guy who asked: TSM is pretty much an all in one auctioneers dream, but it's annoying as hell to set up. Use auctionator, it's much simpler. Run the raids that drop "Raiding with Leashes" pets, sell the pets on AH until you have some money to invest in searching for stuff to flip :)

Since it looks like it wont be new races combos I probably will use my boost to a Druid, still I dont like the druid horde races so far so maybe I will choose a druid Night elf but still I dont have any strong char or guild in the alliance to make stuff

Interfectum

Jumping back into this game after so long is pretty daunting... it's crazy how much shit is assumed you already know. Between the daily quest currency so you can upgrade(?) your gear that says "upgrade 0/1" and the fact that the gear vendors are spread around in different parts of Pandaria instead of simply being in the capital city. If not for that wowhead guide I'd be completely lost right now. I couldn't believe when I found that gear vender and could simply buy my way into a much, much better gear score. o_O

Fjordson

Jumping back into this game after so long is pretty daunting... it's crazy how much shit is assumed you already know. Between the daily quest currency so you can upgrade(?) your gear that says "upgrade 0/1" and the fact that the gear vendors are spread around in different parts of Pandaria instead of simply being in the capital city. If not for that wowhead guide I'd be completely lost right now. I couldn't believe when I found that gear vender and could simply buy my way into a much, much better gear score. o_O
Which vendor?

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
This was a most recent change, implemented in patch 6.0.2. Before that, those items could be purchased with Justice Points or Valor Points. But as those currencies have been removed, purchasing them with gold is now how you do it.

Jag

To the guy who asked: TSM is pretty much an all in one auctioneers dream, but it's annoying as hell to set up. Use auctionator, it's much simpler. Run the raids that drop "Raiding with Leashes" pets, sell the pets on AH until you have some money to invest in searching for stuff to flip :)

Not really. I've done both (and I use auctionator) and while you can make the most cash playing the AH, it takes a decent amount of time to learn, watch and flip, especially now that they are merged. BTW running raids includes getting stuff like pets to drop and sell on the AH.

I was giving him a guaranteed alternative that is easier to do. The fact he 'never has money' means he probably never even dabbled in the AH. It's not a newbies game. I played with the idea of going for max bank but the thought of all that time spent on the AH isn't fun to me. I'd rather play the game rather than the AH game.

Not really. I've done both (and I use auctionator) and while you can make the most cash playing the AH, it takes a decent amount of time to learn, watch and flip, especially now that they are merged. BTW running raids includes getting stuff like pets to drop and sell on the AH.

I was giving him a guaranteed alternative that is easier to do. The fact he 'never has money' means he probably never even dabbled in the AH. It's not a newbies game. I played with the idea of going for max bank but the thought of all that time spent on the AH isn't fun to me. I'd rather play the game rather than the AH game.
Hey no worries. Thanks for the suggestions. I've messed around with the AH before, but generally without addons. Just periodically checking prices and selling farmed mats and whatever else I've acquired. I'll probably do a little of both to be honest. :]

EDIT:
Which vendor y'all talking about? I'm only 511 on my lock, wouldn't mind buying some upgrades.
Shado Pan Assault Quartermasters in Towlong Steppes. Go to the back of Niuzao Temple. Should be 3 different vendors, 1 selling the 520 upgrades I believe.

Entropia

No One Remembers
http://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comments/2jezt7/fast_gearing_tips_for_new_90sboosted_90s_get_to/

Step 1 (or 2): Timeless isle

Follow this red line to the blazing chest for a few tokens and a burden of eternity. Use the burden on one of your tokens to get an ilvl 535 piece. http://i.imgur.com/gfDjQ5W.jpg (you'll likely have to corpse run the last bit. don't auto-res at the graveyard)

Update: It seems that anyone without a cloak when dead will go to a graveyard by the celestials pit. Not sure if this is a bug. So you'll need to somehow make it to the chest alive.... congrats rogues druids and hunters!

collect the moss-bound chests. Do not pop your tokens into gear just yet! The lower your ilvl the better chance they'll drop tokens for you. Ignore that

Do the first few quests to get an additional token piece. Use your timeless coins on coins of Mogu Fate (1,000 each) from the vendor beside the emperor

Step 2 (or 1): Blasted Lands

That lovely quest you got when you logged in, to go see thrall in blasted lands? DO IT! It's a short and easy quest chain that gets you an ilvl 515 ring, neck, cloak, and a good ilvl 520 trinket

For those that did the quest and got no gear, it's being worked on: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/14882688338?page=15#293

Step 3: ToT LFR

In order to get friendly with shado-pan assault, you'll need to kill a few bosses. queue up for the first 2 tiers of ToT LFR.

use your mogu coins on any boss that drops a weapon

Step 4: Friendly with the shado-pan

Once friendly with the shado-pan assault (specifically), head to the "justice and valor" quartermasters in townlong steps (marked on the world map)

Here you can get the following ilvl 522 items for the listed gold cost Sold by the NPC Ao Pye

Neck - 220g
Belt - 250g
Gloves - 250g
Wrist - 260g
Ring - 330g
Cloak - 372g
trinket - 430g
chest - 490g
legs - 490g

The rings and trinkets are unique but if your class has 2 roles you can grab the items for your other specs.

Granted this DOES cost around 3400g. But of course you can pick and choose what you buy

Optional step: Weapon

In shrine there's an npc (jindo the windbreaker) with a quest for a heroic scenario. The reward chest sometimes has an ilvl 516 weapon. BUT BE WARNED!!!! Most of the heroic scenarios are completely screwed from the stat squish. You'll either get destroyed or get lucky with an easy scenario

More reliable option: Battlegrounds are broken today but should be fixed soon. through Honor (1750 for 1 hander 3500 for 2 hander) you can get an ilvl 550 weapon!

In total we have:

1 ilvl 535 item (possibly 2 if you get lucky)
3 ilvl 515 items
1 ilvl 520 trinket
3 to 8 ilvl 496 tokens
9 to 11 (depending on ring/trinket) ilvl 522 items

Fjordson

Hey no worries. Thanks for the suggestions. I've messed around with the AH before, but generally without addons. Just periodically checking prices and selling farmed mats and whatever else I've acquired. I'll probably do a little of both to be honest. :]

EDIT:

Shado Pan Assault Quartermasters in Towlong Steppes. Go to the back of Niuzao Temple. Should be 3 different vendors, 1 selling the 520 upgrades I believe.

The Valor vendors at the temple of Niuzao

Oh damn, I totally forgot about the Shado-Pan. Thanks dudes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom