• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.

cdyhybrid

How long would it take to farm 3500 honour purely through BGs? Alliance so I'll probably end up doing AV/EotS over and over, it seems.

Had no luck getting a 2H for my DK. Even ran a few heroics and no luck. Stuck with an ilvl404... its 100 ilvls behind my average
KuGsj.gif
Got to feel like it's crippling me a bit.

If you can win consistently it won't take long at all.

M.D

Finally got the legendary cloak, feels nice man. Ilvl 568 now

Killed ordos for the first time but no item drops sadly

Killing the mobs in the area around him is a pain in the ass as balance since it requiers so much movement

Finally bought my Warlords upgrade and am transferring my shaman from Draka -> Mal'Ganis. Still pending though. Then gonna boost my level 60 hunter. Not what to go with for professions on her since I have everything at least once over now. Maybe BS/LW since both are a pain to level and my other BS is a mage who might get left behind for awhile otherwise. I'll have to think about it, maybe do some research.

The other day I went to Timeless Isle and I tried to go to where Ordos was and it teleported me back to the Cenarion Camp. What's the deal with that?

How long would it take to farm 3500 honour purely through BGs? Alliance so I'll probably end up doing AV/EotS over and over, it seems.

Had no luck getting a 2H for my DK. Even ran a few heroics and no luck. Stuck with an ilvl404... its 100 ilvls behind my average
KuGsj.gif
Got to feel like it's crippling me a bit.

I'd been stuck with an ilvl 404 weapon for a long time too. I got a friend who is on a PVE server to invite me to a group, and he helped me with Timeless Isle quests for about an hour. Easily got 10k Timeless Coins from doing all the quests, and bought a weapon with that.

Got sword (lol) and mount (already have it) on my rogue on consecutive HH days.

Also, it feels like the accumulation of tricky treats is much lower than it used to be. Didn't his corpse literally make it rain tricky treats back when it was first introduced?

I haven't gotten a damn thing so I guess you're just lucky :(

Apt101

Well I've gotten used to my resto druid in PvP and can manage the CC a fair bit better. I wasn't utilizing my skills properly, and forgot all about cat form and its stealthy glory. Led a BG in healing and honor earned, I was proud. Now I need new gear because some of these rogues and paladins are acing me in seconds.

We wanted Ordos and the Ordon Sanctuary area to remain as a special reward for players that have completed the Legendary Cloak quest line. Giving everyone access would reduce incentive for players already on the quest line to complete it before the Legendary Cloak quest line goes away entirely. For those worried about Transmogrification, models for items that drop from Ordos can be obtained from other sources.
A boss that will drop obsolete gear in a few weeks is an incentive?

That's some BS.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
I made like 3000 gold today without even really trying. Turns out prospecting and selling uncut gems is the way to go, who knew?

Also I'm at around 520 ilevel now, is it worth trying to get 530/540 (I'm prot Pally) and getting my heirlooms legit, or should I just suck it up and pay like 8k for a boost? I don't know if I can boost my ilevel enough in time.

cdyhybrid

A boss that will drop obsolete gear in a few weeks is an incentive?

That's some BS.

You'd think them taking away the Black Prince buff would discourage people from trying to finish it, too.

I'm almost positive that they screwed it up and forgot to put it in, or couldn't make it work.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
someone carry my alt sham on flex or normal whatever lemme kill dat gary

You'd think them taking away the Black Prince buff would discourage people from trying to finish it, too.

I'm almost positive that they screwed it up and forgot to put it in, or couldn't make it work.
Seriously. With the drop rates how they are now I don't expect anybody to finish it before WoD unless they were well into the Titans drops.

If they screwed it up then I'm sure it would've been fixed by now. They'll just sweep it under the rug because people will forget once the expansion is live.

Apt101

Battle pet training. I can't seem to find a trainer who will teach me the skill. Do I already have it since I boosted my character? If not do I head to Stormwind and track a trainer down?

Also PvP honor gear - I am racking up points, but should I save them for the next season? I really want the staff....

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Battle pet training. I can't seem to find a trainer who will teach me the skill. Do I already have it since I boosted my character? If not do I head to Stormwind and track a trainer down?

Also PvP honor gear - I am racking up points, but should I save them for the next season? I really want the staff....

You should stream, it would be fun to watch you play.

Apt101

You should stream, it would be fun to watch you play.

Maybe, I complain and curse a lot, people tend to hate playing games with me because of it.

Also found the pet trainer! My little dread raven or whatever is kicking butt, and I am using my clockwork rocket bot against beasts. This great.

I really hate the Worgen snorting too, which is why i used to download an addon that mute that particular sound. Not sure if it still exist for 6.0.

That's a neat addon. I logged into my worgen to see if they've changed the 2 hand special attack since cata, it's still the same. It looks really bad while side strafing. Its a shame because I like the way worgen look, would be awesome if they did an animation pass on them. Wouldn't mind playing a worgen shaman either if that were possible.

BTW anyone have experience getting a Hellscream's Cleaver on their rogue in combat loot spec? I know I could get one guaranteed off enhance, but I kinda want two of those over a dagger.

Though I suppose I could get a flex one AND a normal one off my shaman. Will have to see if I get one from one of my kills this week before paying for any extra carries though.

Dagger, mace, and shields are all superfluous to me. Daggers would be kind a nice, but eh, the model isn't anything special.

Jarnet87

Bought a heroic Garrosh kill on my crappy lock for 6K. Not bad! No loot of course, even with a bonus roll, but got the 569 staff.

On Blackrock I've seen Heroic kill go for between 4 and 8. One of the guild was selling a Mythic kill for 15k. I want it and will probably buy one if I can't get at least the normal one. Up to 530 ilvl so hopefully a few more pieces and I can get into a SoO 10 man raid.

With the 25% off on character services I may switch my druid over to Stormrage. Currently on Blackrock as Horde. If I plan on raiding I definitely have to switch to an East Coast server for earlier start times. I play a Pally that's 86 on Stormrage but I always main the druid at start of expansion. Epic flight form is the GOAT.

Fjordson

On Blackrock I've seen Heroic kill go for between 4 and 8. One of the guild was selling a Mythic kill for 15k. I want it and will probably buy one if I can't get at least the normal one. Up to 530 ilvl so hopefully a few more pieces and I can get into a SoO 10 man raid.

With the 25% off on character services I may switch my druid over to Stormrage. Currently on Blackrock as Horde. If I plan on raiding I definitely have to switch to an East Coast server for earlier start times. I play a Pally that's 86 on Stormrage but I always main the druid at start of expansion. Epic flight form is the GOAT.
damn, 15k for Mythic?? That seems like a great deal.

15k for Mythic? Cheapest on my server is 80k.

Apt101

Any tips on fighting rogues and DK's? Rogues can stunlock me and snare me if I use my trinket or dash. DK's kill me in literally two or three seconds. Not sure how I'm supposed to deal with them. Resto druid. They're not so bad on my paladin, but still insanely strong.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Any tips on fighting rogues and DK's? Rogues can stunlock me and snare me if I use my trinket or dash. DK's kill me in literally two or three seconds. Not sure how I'm supposed to deal with them. Resto druid. They're not so bad on my paladin, but still insanely strong.

Everyone is level 90 twinks right now, it's not balanced. That's all there is to it.

You get like, a ton of health, new abilities, new talents and different gear at level 100. This is all taken into account right now. PvP is not going to work until December 2nd.

Apt101

It's depressing. I popped all my cool downs and focused healed a guy, and a DK was taking half his life with each swing. A rogue came up behind me and took me out in two seconds - with my bonus armor, regen heals, and everything else. I guess I just have to deal with it until the expac.

Bought garry carry from my guild for 3k, made 7.5k carrying the next run. I've done worse with GCG :p

Easy money to be had right there. But TBH it's worth the 5k or whatever to undergeared people. Besides the guild run, I bought carries for my hunter and my druid to get BoAs. Probably buy at least one more for my rogue just to see if I can get a second cleaver.

TheYanger

Man, maybe that's why I'm poor in this game. I can't bring myself to charge others for being helpful - especially not a guildie. :|

It goes hand in hand though - we all have money and know we can all afford it, being in a guild that is doing carries and sales it's very rare that anyone is poor. At the same time, you ARE costing them a slot another buyer could be occupying if you just get a freebie, so it's no different than you taking that money from them instead.

A couple thousand right now though is literally peanuts for heirlooms being removed from the game. Particularly with WoD and the influx of gold to be had there from quests alone, not even counting professions or other methods of making gold.

I suppose if you've never been even moderately wealthy in WoW it could be a decent chunk, but I'm still sitting on several hundred thousand gold even after buying a spectral tiger a few months back. Revenue of something like 1.4million since January or so. Granted, there are a lot of caveats in there I'm not mentioning (9 90s on a single realm now for one), but if I never wanted to make gold again and didn't buy any expensive mounts or anything, I could ride just on what I have now and whatever I earn passively for repairs/consumables/etc. for years without worry.

In other news, went with BS/Inscription for my boosted hunter. 3 Scribes now that I'll have to manage early to make bank on the first Darkmoon Faire.

It goes hand in hand though - we all have money and know we can all afford it, being in a guild that is doing carries and sales it's very rare that anyone is poor. At the same time, you ARE costing them a slot another buyer could be occupying if you just get a freebie, so it's no different than you taking that money from them instead.
Yeah, maybe it's that I've never been in a guild that does that. It's always been pretty casual guilds that go though moments of hardcore raiding but never really serious enough to tackle anything too crazy. Just fits with my play style more.
A couple thousand right now though is literally peanuts for heirlooms being removed from the game.
That's a fair enough point that I thought about afterwards. Some people plan on doing more alts and passing down versus I'm fine if I don't.

Nuts thinking about having several hundred thousand in gold though. The most I had at one point was 55k going into Pandaria and I'm looking to have 45k going into WoD. Admittedly, I spent a bit on pets over the course of the expansion, like the Ji-Kun Hatchling, which refused to drop for me. I have horrible luck getting raid pets to drop.

vocab

So far I have made 100k selling heroic garrosh for heirlooms. Planning to do it a couple times a week all the way till the release of wod.

Plus I make a couple of thousand gold just for logging in.

I'm pretty much set for wod.

JSoup

Banned
I hate gathering candy buckets, having to wait 30 seconds when you get 'tricked!' is agony.

Try and keep a costume up. Either the ones you get from candy or one of your toy items. You'll still get the TRICKED! debuff, but it won't prevent you from mounting or flying.

Uh, I just started up the Blizzard launcher and suddenly there's a Heroes of the Storm icon and I can install the game. Does this mean I got invited? Didn't get a mail or anything.

Robin64

Uh, I just started up the Blizzard launcher and suddenly there's a Heroes of the Storm icon and I can install the game. Does this mean I got invited? Didn't get a mail or anything.

It means you got lucky, yeah. They just appear like that now.

Annoyingly, the people I know that got in don't even give a shit about the game. Meanwhile I'm sitting here eager to play and nothing. Urgh.

How the hell do you people make so much gold?

Gotta play the market.

Right now I'm farming motes en masse on 2 characters. Buy low, make something expensive, sale. Advertising? "BUY YOUR ROYAL SATCHEL NOW TO GET READY FOR THE NEW EXPANSION!". Illusionary Bags still sell for over 1000. I make about 4kish a week doing this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom