• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.

JCizzle

haha yeah, although this guy hasn't even completed normal modes it would seem. I can't get across enough just how vile this guy was, I've played since US beta and never met someone quite as bad as this. Usually have pretty good experiences in LFR to be fair, sometimes you'll get the odd mouthy one but a simple "relax, some people here haven't done it before" works, and if it doesn't they get voted out pretty quickly. But this guy was a tank and had a "high" (well compared to most people in LFR it's high) iLevel so it was impossible to vote him out. I should have just left but he only joined from the trash prior to Garrosh and I couldn't be arsed having to requeue and do Blackfuse and the Klaxi's again.

I normally have good experiences, but I was in a run today with an ass tank and a dude trying to *DPS* as a warrior with sword & board (~i408 & 416 respectively). His defense was that he had the glyph that made him do no threat (as if it magically also makes tank DPS viable without vengeance lol). Why he couldn't be bothered to run the scenario for a 450 weapon, nobody knows.

Ultratech

I think the battle net launcher causes my game to stutter.

I think I've had this issue as well.

It's most noticeable going through portals. I'll take one, and then I can't move/act for about 5-10 seconds before I regain control.

So what's the point of doing LFR for anything other than Zandalari and SoO?

Transmog, I guess?

I need to go back and do some of the ToT LFRs, so I can complete the Warrior set for my DK.
(Only need Boots/Belt; the Helm is completely goofy-looking on an Orc, but Lei Shen's crown is a pretty good match as well.)
Kind of annoying that the 2H Sword that goes it only drops on Normal as shared boss loot.

You could also say Valor, but that's horribly inefficient.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Don't think I like Monk class.

I feel like monks are a love it or hate it class.

I know some people who touched a monk once and said "where has this class been all my life" but others like myself just couldn't get a feel for the class, I took one all the way to 80 before realizing i really didn't like it.

I feel like monks are a love it or hate it class.

I know some people who touched a monk once and said "where has this class been all my life" but others like myself just couldn't get a feel for the class, I took one all the way to 80 before realizing i really didn't like it.

I like healing as a monk but god damn is it work without absorbs.

Man, I didn't even get that far. Think I played one for 10 minutes and just thought 'nope'. Felt like a watered down Rogue, I just couldn't get used to the energy system. I think because I played a Rogue such much during BC has influenced how I feel.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Not excited about 'farming' the rares on the island for my Felfire book. Just because there's so much trash you have to go through to even see if they're there.

I did get the kill yourself dagger though

Tacitus_

Ugh, I just healed a dungeon that had a bear tanking.. in their caster gear. Goddammit.
That thing took more damage than a clothie and hit like a wet noodle to boot.

Not excited about 'farming' the rares on the island for my Felfire book. Just because there's so much trash you have to go through to even see if they're there.

Buy it off the AH.

Khezu

Can you get it from timeless isle or just the thunder king place?

Priest hit 80. Now she's out of Rested XP and I need to upgrade most of the heirlooms. Dread Pirate Ring no longer usable on her either :/

But I think that's something like only my 5th 80+. Didn't think it would be a Priest I suppose, but there she is. Finishing the Northrend tailoring and grinding through Cata tailoring is gonna be a pain in the ass though. MoP tailoring will be a breeze since I have something like 1200+ Windwool saved up - never sold any of it since the price was always far too low to bother so I've bounced it between mail and alt banks for ages. Really should get a personal guild on this realm now just for the extra space.

Edit: Actually, forgot about my one Druid, so priest is 6th 80+. But my one 80 Hunter has been completely disowned, so it's not like he counts anymore anyway. Funnily enough, he's the one with the Gurubashi Arena Master trinket/achieve.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
I haven't even logged in for like a week. Is there anything new for winters veil this year?

I guess there's some pet but I don't know what you need to do for it.

AHAHAHA. Was like: "Mmm, not much else to do, I'm gonna farm Stonecore for the Vitreous Stone Drake..."

Drops on the 3rd or 4th run. KEK.

So I've knocked that out.

Still have to do Vortex Pinnacle though.

Don't have Rivendare's or the White Hawkstrider yet either.

Ultratech

I haven't even logged in for like a week. Is there anything new for winters veil this year?

I guess there's some pet but I don't know what you need to do for it.

Pet's a random drop from the Daily Quest present I believe.

Other than than the new gift at Christmas, I don't think there's much new.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Waiting for a tank after one of them left during LFR is my most thankful time for my second monitor.

How do you do the thing with master looter where you check what's in the drops then put them up in greed/need prompts?
Buy it off the AH.

No one's selling it.

Draxal

Prog and Goda are easy to farm as there's no trash around them. (Progenitus u can just turn into a lizard).

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Any tips for doing Ulduar 10 with 3 people? 10 man. We didn't have any issues except for Flame Leviathan. Couldn't get any damage on him because we only had one siege for him to chase, and all the bike could do was burn him. We did it eventually, but it took forever.

Tacitus_

Any tips for doing Ulduar 10 with 3 people? 10 man. We didn't have any issues except for Flame Leviathan. Couldn't get any damage on him because we only had one siege for him to chase, and all the bike could do was burn him. We did it eventually, but it took forever.

... use the demos

You could solo it back in WOTLK.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Mistyped. We did use a demo. Demo and a bike. Should the bike use a demo as well instead? Because we could never turn around to do damage due to always being pursued.

Tacitus_

Mistyped. We did use a demo. Demo and a bike. Should the bike use a demo as well instead? Because we could never turn around to do damage due to always being pursued.

All demos all the time. Just pump FL with the pyrite dot and it'll keel over in half a minute.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
We didn't. We just went and killed every tower, but I guess people are saying you only need to do the 2 in front of FL?

Tacitus_

We didn't. We just went and killed every tower, but I guess people are saying you only need to do the 2 in front of FL?

If you don't turn on HC you don't need to destroy any of the towers. I can't remember what the closest towers did, but probably something nasty so if you wanted an easier kill with 2 towers up you killed them.

Khezu

I'm considering buying one of those JC panther mounts for 25k.

Being almost exclusively horde, I always wanted a cat mount. I know you can get one from rep now, but they're not as cool looking, and they don't fly.

Probably going to regret it.

Tacitus_

I'm considering buying one of those JC panther mounts for 25k.

Being almost exclusively horde, I always wanted a cat mount. I know you can get one from rep now, but they're not as cool looking, and they don't fly.

Probably going to regret it.

I crafted one and tried to sell it for a few weeks. Then I accidentally right clicked it ._.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
If you don't turn on HC you don't need to destroy any of the towers. I can't remember what the closest towers did, but probably something nasty so if you wanted an easier kill with 2 towers up you killed them.

The 'guides' I checked said you kill the 2 towers in front of him and all the adds, and that stops more from spawning.

Tacitus_

The 'guides' I checked said you kill the 2 towers in front of him and all the adds, and that stops more from spawning.

Oh those towers. I thought you were referring to these

EaDTi50.jpg

Tacitus_

I'm just trying to figure out what I need to blow up before engaging Leviathan in the quickest possible manner.

Then probably taking out the closest dwarf spawners would suffice. If you want to be cautious, take out everything on the main lane towards the boss.

I have a Sapphire Panther. Pretty awesome since it looks decent and is both a ground and flying mount, so I don't have to worry about Timeless Isle or BGs or whatever.

Thinking of maybe getting a Ruby one.

Some guy was advertising the full Jeweled Onyx one in trade the other day for 28k, but I don't know how that wouldn't be some attempt at a scam. Jeweled does look nice, but even I can't justify the price at the moment, though I could buy/make one. Especially with the vendor yak, sandstone drake, mechano-hog, and sky golem all out there left.

Too hard to make much serious gold at this point with no new content outside of WoD on the horizon, so I probably won't be completing an expensive mount collection anytime soon. Better to sit on the gold and use it when I need it - leveling professions in the expac, for example - rather than sink it into frivolous things. Gold does depreciate somewhat, but starting with a larger chunk of capital will make earning more easier. The inflation just makes the fixed vendor sink costs for some of these mounts easier to stomach as well.

Ripclawe

Banned
so finally upgrade my machine to a lga 1150 with an i5-4670 and 8 GB of ram with windows 7 64 bit..... Wow looks glorious....I mean damn I should have done this sooner

Babalu.

Some guy was advertising the full Jeweled Onyx one in trade the other day for 28k, but I don't know how that wouldn't be some attempt at a scam.

Same thing on my server. I ended up buying it because whats the worst that could happen? Blizz takes my 26k (i haggled down) and takes the mount away. So i bought it.

Immediately after buying it, the same dude started shouting to sell another one. This was 4 weeks ago and there are still people shouting to sell it for 28k, sometimes the same, sometimes different. All level 1 toons.

But i still have my Jeweled onyx and have never been warned or banned or anything for it.

So i dunno whats up but i'm happy.

Ghost23

I know WoW is a pretty old game, but it makes my CPU in my gaming laptop get pretty hot despite running it easily max settings 60fps. Any settings I should definitely turn down to improve this?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Low level Monk is a thousand times more exciting than low level retadins.

Low level ret is sooo boring. Some would say that it used to be worse, but at least before I was 'juggling' seals. I had something to watch.

Fjordson

I know WoW is a pretty old game, but it makes my CPU in my gaming laptop get pretty hot despite running it easily max settings 60fps. Any settings I should definitely turn down to improve this?
Shadows and the water reflection setting (can't remember the exact name) are pretty taxing for me, both CPU-wise and on my FPS. I always have them turned down a few notches because they're so non-essential. Solid performance gains without making the game look worse overall.

Khezu

Same thing on my server. I ended up buying it because whats the worst that could happen? Blizz takes my 26k (i haggled down) and takes the mount away. So i bought it.

Immediately after buying it, the same dude started shouting to sell another one. This was 4 weeks ago and there are still people shouting to sell it for 28k, sometimes the same, sometimes different. All level 1 toons.

But i still have my Jeweled onyx and have never been warned or banned or anything for it.

So i dunno whats up but i'm happy.

When I was thinking about buying it, I googeled it for some opinions cause I'm weird.

One thread on the WoW forums I saw, people were talking about duping it, no one said how though.

I have never heard of anyone duping wow items until that thread, so I'm confused.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom