• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tacitus_

Same thing on my server. I ended up buying it because whats the worst that could happen? Blizz takes my 26k (i haggled down) and takes the mount away. So i bought it.

Immediately after buying it, the same dude started shouting to sell another one. This was 4 weeks ago and there are still people shouting to sell it for 28k, sometimes the same, sometimes different. All level 1 toons.

But i still have my Jeweled onyx and have never been warned or banned or anything for it.

So i dunno whats up but i'm happy.

It's worth ~30k any way and loads of people have level 1 alts for selling stuff (including me).

Khezu

In order to make the onyx cat mount, you need all 4 other colors, and combined them into it.

It takes an orb of mystery to make one, and those cost 20,000g from a vendor.

So you need 4 of those, plus all the other raw mats to make one onyx panther.

I won't pretend to know the first thing about playing the AH in WoW, but even with undercutting, something is wrong there.

Unless people made a whole bunch of them when it first hit, and couldn't sell them, and now they are just super desperate.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Either the mounts or the orbs are being duped, I forget. But the same thing happened with the Sandstone Drakes in cata. historically, you get to keep the mount.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Only real mounts that I want now are the AQ archaeology mount for my Hunter, and the Clutch of Ji-Kun
jikun-clutch.jpg

and that chimeara

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I was telling my friend while we were running BT that I'd like to be able to pick Warlock skins and make my Shivarra look like Mother Shahraz

Tacitus_

In order to make the onyx cat mount, you need all 4 other colors, and combined them into it.

It takes an orb of mystery to make one, and those cost 20,000g from a vendor.

So you need 4 of those, plus all the other raw mats to make one onyx panther.

I won't pretend to know the first thing about playing the AH in WoW, but even with undercutting, something is wrong there.

Unless people made a whole bunch of them when it first hit, and couldn't sell them, and now they are just super desperate.

Oh, I was mixing it up with the cats you need to make the super cat then.

Either the mounts or the orbs are being duped, I forget. But the same thing happened with the Sandstone Drakes in cata. historically, you get to keep the mount.

I bought a Jeweled Onyx for cheap from a seller in trade but knew something was up. I'd prefer to get rid of the people duping than keep it so I contacted Blizzard. They "took care of" the seller but also took the mount back and refunded me my gold. They thanked me but suggested just reporting it without buying because they can't guarantee the gold will always be returnable. Since then I've reported a couple others back when I was playing.

Jag

I'm about to buy myself 2 months of RAF (really 1 month since I get a free month) for the Heart of the Nightwing. I've been having fun dualboxing and got to 60 with both toons really fast.

Now that I can fly, follow just isn't going to cut it.

Edit: Can't figure out how to buy 2 months. Only gives me options for 1 or 3 months recurring.

TheYanger

When I was thinking about buying it, I googeled it for some opinions cause I'm weird.

One thread on the WoW forums I saw, people were talking about duping it, no one said how though.

I have never heard of anyone duping wow items until that thread, so I'm confused.

Crafted mounts are the MOST common duped items. Has happened many times, I got my jeweled for about 20k a year ago.
They dupe the mats, then craft the item, and it's no longer traced or some shit.

inter

I'm about to buy myself 2 months of RAF (really 1 month since I get a free month) for the Heart of the Nightwing. I've been having fun dualboxing and got to 60 with both toons really fast.

Now that I can fly, follow just isn't going to cut it.

Edit: Can't figure out how to buy 2 months. Only gives me options for 1 or 3 months recurring.

You can buy 30 days of game time here: https://us.battle.net/shop/en/product/world-of-warcraft-game-time

Rokam

Shadows and the water reflection setting (can't remember the exact name) are pretty taxing for me, both CPU-wise and on my FPS. I always have them turned down a few notches because they're so non-essential. Solid performance gains without making the game look worse overall.

There's no gameplay reason for shadow quality or liquid detail to be set above Low, with the exception of a few boss fights. Namely if you lag in Elegeon, Algalon, or Primordius's room... turning Shadow Quality to high will cause your fps to go up. So yeah ditch those 2, and set view distance to low if you don't mind lots of fog of war.

Khezu

There's no gameplay reason for shadow quality or liquid detail to be set above Low, with the exception of a few boss fights. Namely if you lag in Elegeon, Algalon, or Primordius's room... turning Shadow Quality to high will cause your fps to go up. So yeah ditch those 2, and set view distance to low if you don't mind lots of fog of war.

I like to turn the view distance all the way down in certain zones, mostly dark and spooky places like Duskwood. The fog adds to the atmosphere.

It also makes the world feel bigger then it really is.

So I've been trying to use OpenRaid to get a Flex run this past week and so far my rating of the service has to be pretty low. 1 run I wasn't picked up for, okay, but I've had two others cancel on me at close to the last minute. And it doesn't seem like you can leave negative feedback/ratings for doing such a thing. Super frustrating.

Especially when it's the next step for me right now and every PUG on Mal'Ganis is always looking for 540 or 550+ iLevel (and you know, 14/14H experience) for that content which is overkill.

Ultratech

So I've been trying to use OpenRaid to get a Flex run this past week and so far my rating of the service has to be pretty low. 1 run I wasn't picked up for, okay, but I've had two others cancel on me at close to the last minute. And it doesn't seem like you can leave negative feedback/ratings for doing such a thing. Super frustrating.

Especially when it's the next step for me right now and every PUG on Mal'Ganis is always looking for 540 or 550+ iLevel (and you know, 14/14H experience) for that content which is overkill.

Yeah, finding groups for Flex has been kind of a crapshoot lately for me..
(And frankly, I've pretty much approached the point where I can't get any more upgrades from Flex on my Hunter.)

I used to have two groups I'd usually go with, but one's just completely stopped and the other one has either made stuff and cancelled or is doing other stuff (Heroic ToT or whatever).

Saying you need Heroic experience for that though is just plain silly.

Hell, here's Blizz's requirements for that Other Raids thing:
Siege of Orgrimmar

Cross-Realm raid browser (located in the Social Pane under Other Raids on the Raid tab) now has a minimum item level requirement for players attempting to list for Siege of Orgrimmar on Flexible raid difficulty.

Vale of Eternal Sorrows requires a minimum item level of 510.
Gates of Retribution requires a minimum item level of 517.
The Underhold requires a minimum item level of 524.
Downfall requires a minimum item level of 531.

Flex 4 is maybe the only one where I'll agree on 535-540+, because it can be a real pain in the ass.

Bizazedo

Finally took down normal Garrosh. Had a few guys leave the guild for real life reasons, so took some time to get and gear replacements. Our winning strategy required us to 1-heal the whole fight.

It was intense.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Really wish you could just buy magical biscuits instead of having to win through pet battles or the rare chance that the timeless vendor's up. I want my pocket reaver permanently enlarged.

Rokam

2% wipe on Yogg-0. It's a shame Ulduar is bugged and zoning in after a wipe counts as a new instance, so only 5 tries per hour. Keep getting just awful tentacle spawns :(.

Khezu

With Warlocks maybe getting perma demon form in WoD(I think that's what that talent does) they need to make demon form usable as a flight form.

It has those big ass wings, let me use them.

Could even rip off some of the sky golem animations if they want to be lazy.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
With Warlocks maybe getting perma demon form in WoD(I think that's what that talent does) they need to make demon form usable as a flight form.

It has those big ass wings, let me use them.

Could even rip off some of the sky golem animations if they want to be lazy.

Never going to happen. Blizzard would refuse and say that players like looking like Illidan and they don't want to upset them by changing the model.

JCizzle

When I was thinking about buying it, I googeled it for some opinions cause I'm weird.

One thread on the WoW forums I saw, people were talking about duping it, no one said how though.

I have never heard of anyone duping wow items until that thread, so I'm confused.

Happened a lot with the ICC legendary mount (invincible?) too.

Khezu

Never going to happen. Blizzard would refuse and say that players like looking like Illidan and they don't want to upset them by changing the model.

The combat and flight forms would look basically the same, but actually be two separate forms. The combat form staying exactly the same, and the flight one have tweaked and new animations to incorporate flying.

Well in demon form you have access to the spell, a short cast time like a normal mount, and then the demon form spreads his wings and runs faster and can fly. Then when it gets hit or cancels it, it closes it wings and goes back to normal.

It still probably won't happen, but it's something I and probably lots of others would love.

Tacitus_

The combat and flight forms would look basically the same, but actually be two separate forms. The combat form staying exactly the same, and the flight one have tweaked and new animations to incorporate flying.

Well in demon form you have access to the spell, a short cast time like a normal mount, and then the demon form spreads his wings and runs faster and can fly. Then when it gets hit or cancels it, it closes it wings and goes back to normal.

It still probably won't happen, but it's something I and probably lots of others would love.

It took us three expansions for green fire. I wouldn't count on it.

I am finally having fun with my DK at lvl 82, its a fun tanking class of kill the mob or be killed instead of the pallys "use everything to avoid damage".

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'm happy that I like the Proto Drakes more than any of the other dragon models. Means I don't bother farming them.

Do want Clutch of Ji-Kun and Mimmy's head for my goblin tho

TLPD and vitreous Stone drake one right after the other...good day!

I beat you to Vitreous :p

Priest is something like 82.3 now. 550 Tailoring - sunk a bit of gold to get through Embersilk, but farmed about half of it in an hour on my DK using a Potion of Treasure Finding. Will make up most of the cost when I can sell the large bags though - already made up some. Can't get past 550 (or at least not much further) without being able to get to Pandaria though to start making the daily CD cloth. Didn't know you needed to be in these specific silk fields in the Valley.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Wow... lvling leatherworking is a pain, so much leathers to gather. =| And I'm just at 194... and a stack of Heavy Leathers is 185 fucking gold on my AH right now. Fuck.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
I was watching movies and playing randomly, so I decided to level archaeology. Half way through the breakfast club I realized I was 588/600. I started at 0 while watching Godzilla 2000. So it only took me 3 and a half hours to max this out jesus.

Ultratech

And...Brawler's Guild complete!!!

So yeah, I'd say overall, the only two bosses I had major issues with were Hexos (FUCK HEXOS) and Ahoo'ru.

Hexos was bad because I suck at Super Hexagon. But I managed to power through somehow and beat him.
(While wanting to poke my eyes out in the process...)

Ahoo'ru was hard only because I was sucking at the 1st Phase. The few times I got him into the 2nd Phase, I didn't have enough DPS to kill him.
In fact, I came close quite a few times. (The worst was him still standing with 22k HP right as I died to the fire...that was heartbreaking.)

But I had a friendly Warlock hand me a Healthstone and I made some Drums (The Kings and Lust ones), and managed to get a near-perfect 1st phase allowing me to go balls to the wall on his ass.

FEELS SO GOOD!

Dot50Cal

Banned
I've been leveling a warrior and I decided to stop by timeless isle with my water strider. Hes 87 right now, but I just killed a celestial by piggybacking on a group kill and he gets the damn tier gloves. This guys lucky, I think!

Touch

Leveling my warrior protection at the moment in mop normal instance and the stress of tanking is already getting to me. Shits rough.

haha

I loved tanking when I was playing 'full time'. I'm casually leveling up a priest now, and sadly people are still arseholes in this game. Burning through dungeons without even checking if I'm there with them.

Then getting mad at me when they go to 50% health after pulling huge mobs they can't really tank with their shitty green tanking gear. Many a time I've just /wave and left instance.

You know what I want back in WoD? Heroic end-boss epics.

They don't have to be 100% drop mind, and that would probably be for the better. But MoP and Cata dungeons lacked that slight bit of loot flavor BC and Wrath had.

And/or Chaos/Frozen/etc. orbs. Just something other than oh, Valor Points, and Justice Points which aren't even useful for anything besides Heirlooms in the current state of the game.

Honestly, badges were more fun.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I miss tanking 5 mans.

They should make LFR tanking stupidly easy. I know some will say 'it is stupidly easy compared to flex and normal,' but it's really not. I still have to look up mechanics for certain fights. I still have to communicate with the other tank. Basically, I still have to do work that no one else in LFR has to do. If I get on my hunter, I can turn to combat log and ignore all the idiots. If I'm tanking, I have to know the fight then I also have to hope the other tank knows the fight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom