• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.

mclem

Also, you may want to go into the interface settings and change the buffs so they're not consolidated. I may be in the minority, but I prefer to be able to see what buffs are active at any given time. Will allow you to see your seals if you have multiple buffs active.

If he's still using the default UI he'll have a stance bar above the main control bar which should have the current seal highlighted.

If you're doing LFR on any day besides Tuesday (or Wednesday if you're EU) then you have no one to blame but yourself. Everyone gets it done asap because of the mouth breathers you get nearer to the weekend.
It's really Russian roulette. I've had Tuesday groups that made me want to widen their eye sockets with my fists. I've had last minute Monday groups (like this past Monday) that were amazing. The best thing about Tuesdays is that the pool of people is wider.

So tonight I'm helping my guild finish Garry so that most of them can get their first heroic heirloom. As a hunter, will I just basically have a chance for a random roll for any heirloom since I already have my bow? Or am I only eligible for another bow with different stats?

ampere

It's really Russian roulette. I've had Tuesday groups that made me want to widen their eye sockets with my fists. I've had last minute Monday groups (like this past Monday) that were amazing. The best thing about Tuesdays is that the pool of people is wider.

So tonight I'm helping my guild finish Garry so that most of them can get their first heroic heirloom. As a hunter, will I just basically have a chance for a random roll for any heirloom since I already have my bow? Or am I only eligible for another bow with different stats?

You have a chance for a completely random one, but you also might not get any. If you happen to get a bow again it will have the same stats.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
If you don't play enough to get the gold that just comes from naturally playing, why would you want to spend money on a game you don't play enough?

It's going to be dumb how easy it is to get gold in WoD, and how little it will be needed anyway. Why bother?

What are some good methods to farm gold right now? I boosted to 90, did some of the Timeless Isle to get my ilvl up to 497, and am looking to start doing Throne of Thunder for Shado-Pan Assault faction so I can buy the ilvl 522 items their vendors sell, but my problem is that I only have around 500g to my name right now, and I think I need around 3,500g to get the full set.

You have a chance for a completely random one, but you also might not get any. If you happen to get a bow again it will have the same stats.
Thanks. :) Yeah, I don't plan on seeing another heirloom drop but I was curious if it opened up the loot table since I already have what I'm spec'd for. I tried searching but people mostly were talking about getting another weapon for the same class but different build.

TheYanger

Thanks. :) Yeah, I don't plan on seeing another heirloom drop but I was curious if it opened up the loot table since I already have what I'm spec'd for. I tried searching but people mostly were talking about getting another weapon for the same class but different build.

Mostly that's from doing a seperate difficulty. IE: doing it on normal as say, resto druid, heroic as feral, and getting both agi and caster staves.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
What are some good methods to farm gold right now? I boosted to 90, did some of the Timeless Isle to get my ilvl up to 497, and am looking to start doing Throne of Thunder for Shado-Pan Assault faction so I can buy the ilvl 522 items their vendors sell, but my problem is that I only have around 500g to my name right now, and I think I need around 3,500g to get the full set.

Right now there's not really anything, and you don't really 'need' that stuff anyway.

Going crazy and spending a ton of money right now is pointless, the economy on my super high pop server has stagnated, I can't imagine what it's like on some midrange servers.

There's no real secret to making gold, you just buy materials in bulk and use professions.

Buy cloth, make bags. Buy Ore, prospect gems -> make into jewelry and disenchant/cut gems. Buy Herbs, mill into enchants/cards/glyphs.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Right now there's not really anything, and you don't really 'need' that stuff anyway.

Going crazy and spending a ton of money right now is pointless, the economy on my super high pop server has stagnated, I can't imagine what it's like on some midrange servers.

There's no real secret to making gold, you just buy materials in bulk and use professions.

Buy cloth, make bags. Buy Ore, prospect gems -> make into jewelry and disenchant/cut gems. Buy Herbs, mill into enchants/cards/glyphs.

Makes sense. I know I don't need the gear, but having just returned to the game, I kind of want something to do before the expansion hits. I probably shouldn't have used my boost and just leveled up normally instead!

I don't have any professions, either, since I plan to work on those once WoD comes out and you can go from 1-700 just in the expansion areas.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Prices for HC boosts are plummeting on my server - got my first Garrosh HC boost for 5k. That's real cheap, the baseline is 8k, but yeah, 5k and no issues (well, 1 wipe - you get what you pay for I guess :p).

And I've made 5k gold in less than 24 hours just from mining and prospecting and selling mostly uncut gems + whatever other crap I find while flying around the world for mining, like rare spawns and whatnot.

lazygecko

How does boosting work? It's something I've never concerned myself with but it seems so prominent now. Do they just invite you to a full raid, let you sit back while they do all the work, and then split the payment or something?

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
How does boosting work? It's something I've never concerned myself with but it seems so prominent now. Do they just invite you to a full raid, let you sit back while they do all the work, and then split the payment or something?

I think you are using the wrong term, isn't "boosting" just instantly getting a character to 90?

Fjordson

I got invited to the raid with like four other people that bought the boost. They were already waiting at Garrosh. Open trade with the raid leader, paid my 6k, group buffed up, pulled, one shot. The people carrying were all in full mythic gear, like 585+, so even though a few of the other dudes boosting died in P1 Garry still went down super fast.

Surprisingly quick and painless. Was my first carry I've ever bought. Usually wary about them, people trying to rip other people off and whatnot, but this was a fairly well known top guild on my server so I gave it a shot. And it was only 6k so I wasn't too concerned.

I think you are using the wrong term, isn't "boosting" just instantly getting a character to 90?
I guess boosting would technically work here as well, but I usually see it referred to as a carry.

RPGCrazied

My latest transmog, what you guys think? I'll give you a hint, its from a character in an 80's cartoon.

Wo_WScrn_Shot_102314_094410.jpg

ampere

Any of you been soloing To4W for the Al'Akir mount? Just a PSA that it's pretty darn easy on a melee class with self healing (Monk, Druid, DK, Pally for sure). Put it on normal 10 for Conclave, and then 10 or 25 normal/heroic for Al'Akir. Wowhead data seems to indicate that 25 has a higher mount drop chance, but there is a low sample size. Either way, 25 drops more loot which vendors for gold :p.

I've also been doing Dragon Soul 25 (10 for Ultraxion because you need 3 people to soak Hour of Twilight) since the patch. I previously struggled with soloing Spine too much with the 5 second roll timer. It's 10 seconds now so it's not bad. Takes 45ish minutes for me to solo it on my Monk, well... when the servers let me in. I was getting that "character not found" error for 40 or so minutes last night

My latest transmog, what you guys think? I'll give you a hint, its from a character in an 80's cartoon.

http://i.imgur.com/2G9PCjL.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

I didn't recognize it at first, but wow that's awesome.

Interfectum

I currently main as a Hunter but I'm looking for an alt to boost up. Are Pallys a lot of fun end game? And what professions should I use as a Pally?

Fjordson

I've also been doing Dragon Soul 25 (10 for Ultraxion because you need 3 people to soak Hour of Twilight) since the patch. I previously struggled with soloing Spine too much with the 5 second roll timer. It's 10 seconds now so it's not bad. Takes 45ish minutes for me to solo it on my Monk, well... when the servers let me in. I was getting that "character not found" error for 40 or so minutes last night.
Wow, that's awesome. Never bothered with Dragon Soul previously, but I may start now.

How geared is your monk? May try it today on my hunter (572).

That's great! So accurate.

ampere

I currently main as a Hunter but I'm looking for an alt to boost up. Are Pallys a lot of fun end game? And what professions should I use as a Pally?

Depends what you are looking for. Paladins are fun though.

You want to play a melee character? Are you looking for high mobility? Charge/leap/roll/teleport? Play a Monk or Warrior. If you way good self heals out of those two, Monk.

If you like powerful defensive abilities and self healing as a priority, Paladin is good. Or Death Knight.

Druid if you like shapeshifting and doing a lot of different things.

And of course Rogue if you want to be sneaky and kill from the shadows.

Keep in mind that all tank classes and dps classes are pretty well balanced nowadays so don't worry about picking the 'best' one.

For professions do you like gathering? Mining/herbing. If so, go for Blacksmithing/Mining fo a Pally, or Engineering/Mining. Or Leatherworking/skinning for the leather classes.

Any class that can tank will be pretty good at soloing, but Warriors have the weakest self heals out of the tanks. Prot Warriors can have some self heals if they stack the multistrike stat.

Wow, that's awesome. Never bothered with Dragon Soul previously, but I may start now.

How geared is your monk? May try it today on my hunter (572).

But I am sure you could do it on 10 if not 25.

Gotta get that Blazing Drake for the achieve!

edit:
Do remember though you have to do Spine of Deathwing and Madness on the same size I think. I tried spine on 10 last week and nothing was there on 25 madness, back to 10 and it showed up.

lazygecko

I fired up my old mage again and ho boy, this class has been radically altered post-6.0. Seems like tons of survivability has been pruned from the class and I'm totally clueless on how to play properly. I went to the shipwreck in Timeless Isle as arcane and those diver apes fucked my shit up. There's very little I can do to avoid or mitgate their attacks. Fire seemed to work a bit better but it was still quite dangerous.

RPGCrazied

Fjordson

Zulian Panther is definitely still in. It's the tiger that isn't =[

And what sort of gear do you have on your mage, RPG? I remember solo'ing it like early last year on my hunter when I had barely any gear. I'm betting you could farm it so long as you're 90.

RPGCrazied

Zulian Panther is definitely still in. It's the tiger that isn't =[

And what sort of gear do you have on your mage, RPG? I remember solo'ing it like early last year on my hunter when I had barely any gear. I'm betting you could farm it so long as you're 90.

Had a blonde moment there, thought I had to solo it on the mage for the mount. :p I have a few other 90's. I do have a 90 hunter, rogue, death knight, warrior and the mage.

Maybe I shall try on my hunter. Any tips?

ampere

Sweet. Probably as good as its going to get, don't think there is purple cat out there.

Bummer though, my 90 mage probably can't solo that. lol

Maybe at 100?

You can very likely solo it if you have decent gear. I was doing it on my Monk at under 500 ilevel (albeit tank spec). Go give it a shot!

Fjordson

Had a blonde moment there, thought I had to solo it on the mage for the mount. :p I have a few other 90's. I do have a 90 hunter, rogue, death knight, warrior and the mage.

Maybe I shall try on my hunter. Any tips?
Honestly, I remember the fight going pretty quickly. I may be forgetting a mechanic, but it's been a while since I got the mount and stopped going.

I would hop on your most geared and try it, will probably down it easily. I hadn't even really raided on my hunter when I was farming it.

Interfectum

Depends what you are looking for. Paladins are fun though.

Thanks for the explanation. Right now I'm looking for a class that still has a good DPS but also something I could dabble in with healing and/or tanking. Pallys also some great for transmog gear and whatnot as well.

I'm also considering a Warrior but then I miss the healing option. Not sure which one to ultimately go with.

RPGCrazied

Honestly, I remember the fight going pretty quickly. I may be forgetting a mechanic, but it's been a while since I got the mount and stopped going.

I would hop on your most geared and try it, will probably down it easily. I hadn't even really raided on my hunter when I was farming it.

You can very likely solo it if you have decent gear. I was doing it on my Monk at under 500 ilevel (albeit tank spec). Go give it a shot!

My death knight is 505, frost. Highest is rogue at 511.

My hunter is 472. lol

ampere

Thanks for the explanation. Right now I'm looking for a class that still has a good DPS but also something I could dabble in with healing and/or tanking. Pallys also some great for transmog gear and whatnot as well.

I'm also considering a Warrior but then I miss the healing option. Not sure which one to ultimately go with.

Yeah it can be hard to decide. Warrior is very fun just lacks healing.

Paladins are super fun to level btw, especially as prot. So you could consider rolling one and just leveling it if you enjoy leveling at all. I don't main a paladin and I have like 6 over level 80 with 2 90 pallys lol.

My death knight is 505, frost. Highest is rogue at 511.

My hunter is 472. lol

You could def do it on the DK, just go Blood spec if you are feeling nervous.

Interfectum

Paladins are super fun to level btw, especially as prot. So you could consider rolling one and just leveling it if you enjoy leveling at all. I don't main a paladin and I have like 6 over level 80 with 2 90 pallys lol.

wow lol

Yeah I think I'm gonna take him to 60 then boost him to 90. BTW how does gear with work a hybrid class now? Do I still need to have different sets of gear (DPS pally vs healer pally) or have they streamlined that?

ampere

wow lol

Yeah I think I'm gonna take him to 60 then boost him to 90. BTW how does gear with work a hybrid class now? Do I still need to have different sets of gear (DPS pally vs healer pally) or have they streamlined that?

Right now you have to have two sets. Gear at 100 in many armor slots will change based on your spec, but weapons, off hands, necks, cloaks, rings, and trinkets will need to be role specific.

wow lol

I believe you would still want different sets if you want the max output (heals, dps, survivability) from each spec. I wish it was set in a way where a single piece of gear could work for a 3 of a hybrid's specs.

EDIT:
wow lol

I had a blast leveling my pally.

lazygecko

wow lol

Looks like that might be the case with some post-MoP gear, with primary attributes being switched around depending on class and spec.

RPGCrazied

Oh true, DK is a solid solo class. Would work on him also.

You could def do it on the DK, just go Blood spec if you are feeling nervous.

That's it? She died within 15-20 seconds. lol, don't think I took any damage. My rogue should do just fine I think.

But didn't drop, oh look another boss with a mount it'll never drop. :p

idlewild_

Just dusted off my account with one of those free 7 day game time offers. Haven't really played since about a month after MoP launched, so pretty excited to see the changes.

fuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuck

First kill of the day!

otyHGCJ.png

congrats!

edit: wtf, my bars are like half empty. all my abilities, nooooo :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom