• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.

ampere

Got me a rare mount today :p

Experiment 12-B from Ultraxion! Glad I decided to do a second Dragon Soul run on my DK this week.

SYenc1J.jpg

Fuck me. Paid for a carry on my rogue as combat loot spec and got the dagger anyway when I was after the cleaver. Now I need either another one of those and/or a second cleaver.

Not gonna pay for any more carries though, so I'll have to get one randomly through other runs (either as a carrier or not). Unless I buy a normal or mythic (lol) carry for my rogue or shaman. But I imagine normal carries will be hard to find at this point, and a mythic carry isn't worth it.

Although I've been doing Hallow's End stuff since day one I'm starting to doubt I'll even reach 500 treats by Nov 1.
I bought two pets on one character and started to get the same vibe if I wanted to buy the toy too (450 total). Ended up busting out my priest to grab 150 candies because I wasn't leaving it up to chance.

Nyx

So I caved and pre-ordered WoD, and used the character boost to get my old Rogue from 70 to 90.

Been reading up on a lot of stuff but it's mindboggling, what happened since WotLK lol.

It took me an hour to find out I had to visit my class trainer and pick 2 specializations and then had to browse the web to find out what the hell glyphs are and how to get them...

Anyway, after last night I think I'm ready to do something ingame, but what?
Any pointers on what would be best to do for a ''new'' lvl 90 Rogue, maybe in preparation for WoD ?

Wanted to do a round of WSG before I logged off and noticed there's like 8 new BGs since I left, do people even play WSG/AB/AV anymore? :D

cdyhybrid

So I caved and pre-ordered WoD, and used the character boost to get my old Rogue from 70 to 90.

Been reading up on a lot of stuff but it's mindboggling, what happened since WotLK lol.

It took me an hour to find out I had to visit my class trainer and pick 2 specializations and then had to browse the web to find out what the hell glyphs are and how to get them...

Anyway, after last night I think I'm ready to do something ingame, but what?
Any pointers on what would be best to do for a ''new'' lvl 90 Rogue, maybe in preparation for WoD ?

Wanted to do a round of WSG before I logged off and noticed there's like 8 new BGs since I left, do people even play WSG/AB/AV anymore? :D

http://www.wowhead.com/news=229240/...ng-up-currencies-legendary-questline-and-more

Well I had a stable of 85's on Alliance for Cataclysm. I pvp'd my way to 90 on a character after I got Mists of Pandaria + a month free play a couple months back, but never subbed.

Now with WoD around the corner, I am going from scratch with a IRL friend and going Horde for the first time basically. Kinda fun going through questing on the other side after playing this game on and off for like 15 years.

I will say this, what's the deal with the racial ability imbalance? I see they nerfed like every horde racial, and the amazing alliance stuff (which I've had access to for all these years) are buffed. So they thought 1.5min was too much for the escape artist cooldown so they brought it down to 1min for gnomes ... but Will of the Forsaken was OP at 2min and needed to be moved to 3min? GTFO.

Had a hard time figuring out what race to go for with Warrior, but ultimately I just stuck with Orc because they look good.

So far, plan is going to be to dual level a rogue and warrior while I wait for WoD and then use the free boost on whatever is the hot level 100 FoTM.

Any of you been soloing To4W for the Al'Akir mount? Just a PSA that it's pretty darn easy on a melee class with self healing (Monk, Druid, DK, Pally for sure). Put it on normal 10 for Conclave, and then 10 or 25 normal/heroic for Al'Akir. Wowhead data seems to indicate that 25 has a higher mount drop chance, but there is a low sample size. Either way, 25 drops more loot which vendors for gold :p.

Didn't realize this was soloable now. Just went in and did it. The Conclave was annoying but mainly because I saved wind guy for last, got knocked back right when I got on his platform, knocked me into the wind jump thinger back to a previous platform onto ice. Slowly ran forward and assumed I'd get whisked back but instead it just let me fall, slowly got brought back up onto ice, and then finally made my way back to the wind platform. I figured it'd be too late through all of that but I made the kill just in time.

No mount drop, of course.

Guess for now I'll focus on doing Malygos and Throne of the Four Winds until I hit 100 and then I'll start working on more mounts again. Maybe. I mostly lost steam after hitting 200 mounts. I had all bosses killed except for Garrosh on Normal and stopped playing for months and didn't get the wolf mount. And I'm sure I could have managed to get into a Challenge Mode group for silver medals if I wanted to but I never bothered. Oh well.

mileS

He can, but it's tough. I didn't even try until my hunter was like 568 and I still have to pay attention.

edit: actually, it may be easier now after the patch. I think it is. If you have decent gear it may be worth trying him.

Also, to speed it up you can clear everything before Arthas on 10N and then go outside and switch it to 25 heroic.

Damn really? Is this a recent change?

TheContact

Regarding heirlooms, I've been buying a few of them, got 3 so far, from garrosh heroic kills, but on my warrior who already got a 1h sword (he's a tank) I'd also like to get him the shield. Now I know it's not guaranteed anymore, but you have to pay for the kill regardless of what items you get, so my question is: is it worth me paying for another kill on my warrior in hopes for the shield to drop or is there a more reliable way? Any info on this would be appreciated as I really want the shield

Apt101

Is raid healing more difficult nowadays compared to the Lich King content? I'm ready to really push ahead with my new druid, just wondering if I'm going to be in for a rude awakening once I find a progression guild.

StayDead

Is raid healing more difficult nowadays compared to the Lich King content? I'm ready to really push ahead with my new druid, just wondering if I'm going to be in for a rude awakening once I find a progression guild.

WoTLK is probably the hardest it's ever been. They really screwed over druids in Cataclysm and in MOP it's not as hugely crazy as WoTLK. MOP for druids is alright though.

lazygecko

There are much less instant heal skills these days. A fact which didn't really hit me until I started playing my old WotLK priest again yesterday and basically paniced through entire dungeons.

you can switch between normal and heroic of old raids but not between difficulty and size

Ah, so the following chart, where the left is the difficulty and size of the first boss killed and the right is the set of eligible raids thereafter (that can be freely switched between) is correct?

10N -> 10N, 10H, 25N
10H -> 10N, 10H, 25H
25N -> 10N, 25N, 25H
25H -> 10H, 25N, 25H

Basically whatever you start at, you can't change both the size and difficulty?

My mistake last night was getting "Boned!" on 25N as I want xmog items from 10H Putricide and Saurfang, grrr...

lazygecko

I started a solo run of ICC25 last night to unlock the heroic version, but I stopped at Blood Queen and continued today. Only I discovered that the raid had reset itself to 10 man after I killed Blood Queen... does that mean I won't be able to unlock ICC25 Heroic for next week?

Peachpies

I started a solo run of ICC25 last night to unlock the heroic version, but I stopped at Blood Queen and continued today. Only I discovered that the raid had reset itself to 10 man after I killed Blood Queen... does that mean I won't be able to unlock ICC25 Heroic for next week?
you should be able to change it to 25 but if you killed the lich king on 10 player you should only be able to do 10 player heroic

ampere

Nice!! Grats breh.

Thanks!

Didn't realize this was soloable now. Just went in and did it.

Yup it's a pretty quick one like EoE. Dragon Soul is a lot longer so some people might want to wait until 100 for that.

Hope some people write some guides for soloing these raid/raid achievement mounts post-squish.

Well for soloing Dragon Soul I have a few notes:
Morchok melts, Yorsahj melts, Zon'ozz is easy but do the trash before pulling him, Hagara if you get the lightning intermission you just have to wait 5 minutes, otherwise fight is easy. Ultraxion must be done on 10 for soloing, on 25 you need 3 people to soak Hour of Twilight or it's an instawipe. At 100 maybe he can be burned before HoT with higher end gear. Blackfuse is easy.

Spine: I recommend a Cataclysm package for Big Wigs or DBM. Deathwing's roll timer is now 10 seconds so you have to move from left to right, etc every 10 seconds. Otherwise it's the same fight as typical. Leave one Amalg up and wait for 9 oozes, then kill the oozes and suck em up and kill the amalg near the further away wall. Repeat x3. Madness you just kill stuff like normal.

Did DS on my 530ilevel Blood DK so that's the lowest ilevel I've tried it at. It helps to be a tank, but it's not necessary. I did first 6 bosses on 10 and then set it to 25 for Spine/Madness because there might be a higher drop rate for the mount and it's not that hard to do 25. Only times I felt close to dying were from not healing enough on Spine while waiting for Bloods to come out, on the 4th Madness platform when the tentacles aren't killed by Alexstaza, and on the final Madness platform the tetanus debuff was hitting pretty hard.

Jarnet87

Finished SoO on LFR for the first time. Most of the fights were pretty simple to pick up but I had no idea what was going on during Galakras, Siegecrafter Blackfuse, and Paragons. Paragons was especially wtf is happening lol. I want to try and least get the heirloom on 10 man normal but I may just buy it a heroic or mythic version. It's always such a pain playing catch up after a long time out, will be nice to be getting a fresh start with WoD.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
It's a fucking masterpiece compared to the previous pre-xpac "event."

dave is ok

aztek is ok
I don't even remember the Pandaria one :(
It was like a Theramore being destroyed scenario, right?

I just remember trying to figure out sneaky ways to get into Uldum and Twilight Highlands for a month

EDIT: Oh wait, that's Cata. I'm not sure I played before Pandaria

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
When Ulduar launched, I wanted them to do something with the insane dwarf digging site in Northrend. I found that area very eerie, and I wanted to see it used more than just in 3 throwaway quests. Though it did do a good job of setting up Yogg.

Nah the pre wrath event was amazing. You could turn into a ghoul and then infect other people. They had to hotfix it as on my server EVERYTHING in every major city wa a ghoul and nobody could do any quests haha.

I thought they hotfixed it because players figured out you could trade items cross-faction when ghouled.

StMeph

It was still pretty underwhelming. There's no reason to excuse it because MoP's was even worse. This pre-release has been meh at best.

- A 15-minute quest chain culminating in an ilevel 520 trinket, a battle pet, and a title.
- A dungeon update preview with 3/5 bosses available that ends abruptly with no connection to anything.

The Iron Horde is just camping out in front of the Dark Portal in the Blasted Lands. There's no invasion, though I guess the actual invasion is happening outside the game sometime between the pre-release and WoD going live. Not like that would have been a more interesting pre-release event or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom