• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fjordson

That's it? She died within 15-20 seconds. lol, don't think I took any damage. My rogue should do just fine I think.

But didn't drop, oh look another boss with a mount it'll never drop. :p
Nice. Figured she would drop quick. And remember with a heroic dungeon you can go back in there every day. So get ready for some serious farming breh :lol.

fuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuck

First kill of the day!

otyHGCJ.png
Grats mang! Mount farming is one of my favourite things in this game. I don't know why, since it usually involves older fights that you can breeze through and sometimes it takes years for something to drop (give me my Ashes mount Kael!") but I love it.

Right now I do Alysrazor on three characters, Kael'thas on four, 25 man heroic Lich King on two, world bosses on four, and pretty soon Deathwing (if I can solo it on 10 man) on two characters.

billeh

Nice. Figured she would drop quick. And remember with a heroic dungeon you can go back in there every day. So get ready for some serious farming breh :lol.

Grats mang! Mount farming is one of my favourite things in this game. I don't know why, since it usually involves older fights that you can breeze through and sometimes it takes years for something to drop (give me my Ashes mount Kael!") but I love it.

Right now I do Alysrazor on three characters, Kael'thas on four, 25 man heroic Lich King on two, world bosses on four, and pretty soon Deathwing (if I can solo it on 10 man) on two characters.
25H LK can be soloed now? Jesus, and I was wasting my time on 10N.

Fjordson

25H LK can be soloed now? Jesus, and I was wasting my time on 10N.
He can, but it's tough. I didn't even try until my hunter was like 568 and I still have to pay attention.

edit: actually, it may be easier now after the patch. I think it is. If you have decent gear it may be worth trying him.

Also, to speed it up you can clear everything before Arthas on 10N and then go outside and switch it to 25 heroic.

vocab

Lost the roll on rag mount last night against one other person. Bummer. I got my thundering mount, ashes, and cata raider this month so no big deal.

I'm sad that I tried deck defender for the Ds meta again and we killed the drakes so fast that there were no volleys to the ship. Killed the boss and no achievement. I hate Ds with a passion.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Wow, so ilvls are not some kind of linear progression, it seems. I'm at ilvl 497 right now with my boosted Retribution Paladin, and while I was messing around in Timeless Isle last night, I ran into another Ret Paladin with over twice my HP, who was just completely wrecking elite mobs that I struggled with. I peeked at his gear, and it was mostly around 550 or so.

That's only an increase of 10% or so in terms of ilvl, but his relative power level was easily more than double my own. Had no idea that there was such a difference at the high end. I like it!

Also, a question: Are ilvls typically equal in terms of power? For example, would a ilvl 450 green be just as strong as ilvl 450 blue?

vocab

Also, a question: Are ilvls typically equal in terms of power? For example, would a ilvl 450 green be just as strong as ilvl 450 blue?

If the stats are the same yes.

You may think of it as 10% a different in Ilvl, but before the squish the stat difference was massive.

The legendary cloak boosted your character up so much in power.

Fjordson

Wow, so ilvls are not some kind of linear progression, it seems. I'm at ilvl 497 right now with my boosted Retribution Paladin, and while I was messing around in Timeless Isle last night, I ran into another Ret Paladin with over twice my HP, who was just completely wrecking elite mobs that I struggled with. I peeked at his gear, and it was mostly around 550 or so.

That's only an increase of 10% or so in terms of ilvl, but his relative power level was easily more than double my own. Had no idea that there was such a difference at the high end. I like it!

Hmm. I could be wrong here, but it seems like item level is the most important trait for any item. So yeah, those two items should be generally equal.

And yeah, once you get into raid gear (like anything past level 522) your general effectiveness (damage for DPS, healing for healers, etc.) starts to jump quite a bit.

I know WoD has been on the PTR for a while, how much of an expansion do they usually put on the PTR? When WoD hits in November, are there going to be people who already know about every quest, every instance, every raid, and every area in the expansion? Or is alot of the content going to still be new to basically everyone?

Wunder

I might be wrong, but I used to think that the quality of the item meant the amount of stats one would have on the item. That's why the UBRS 550 Blues are more in line with the 540 epics from Normal SoO rather than being closer to the 553 epics from Heroic. Things like sockets and tertiary stats are affected the most I think, though in WoD I believe sockets will be much rarer, so who knows how things like this will change.

erawsd

I know WoD has been on the PTR for a while, how much of an expansion do they usually put on the PTR? When WoD hits in November, are there going to be people who already know about every quest, every instance, every raid, and every area in the expansion? Or is alot of the content going to still be new to basically everyone?

Pretty much everything that will launch with the expac is on the PTR. Though the raids are tested on a schedule and they often have a few additional tweaks when they reach live.

Fjordson

Am I the only one excited to level?

I'm really looking forward to the xpac dropping for the quests and leveling. Something is just fun about gaining experience, and even new greens or blues are awesome.

:x
Not just you. I'm hyped for the leveling. Post-TBC I've enjoyed basically all of their new zones from a quest and story perspective. One of my favourite things to do in the game. Hell, I still enjoy leveling alts through older zones thanks to the Cata revamps.

I'm really looking forward to the xpac dropping for the quests and leveling. Something is just fun about gaining experience, and even new greens or blues are awesome.

I'm worried about going back to a 10 level grind after two 5-level expansions. The team that built up Storm Peaks and Icecrown Glacier is not the same team that built out Twilight Highlands, or Dread Wastes.

I don't mind the exp grind but blizzard has lost a lot of its old touch in making the end of that particular ride very compelling. Not having a flying mount only adds to my anxiety about the pacing.

Fjordson

I'm worried about going back to a 10 level grind after two 5-level expansions. The team that built up Storm Peaks and Icecrown Glacier is not the same team that built out Twilight Highlands, or Dread Wastes.
True, but I thought Pandaria was amazing. Seriously some of the best zones they've ever done to me.

Wunder

I don't mind the exp grind but blizzard has lost a lot of its old touch in making the end of that particular ride very compelling. Not having a flying mount only adds to my anxiety about the pacing.

I always found that part of the zone creation a bit weird, I don't know if it was because I came into the expansion late or whatever, but I've felt that I reach level cap way before I finish most of the zones, sometimes even having half of the zones completely untouched. Is that common? I feel like it would be way cooler to have it be spread out so you experience almost everything while levelling, though there is something to be said about having a considerable amount of questing after though.

I actually quite enjoy leveling my first time through a new expansion. I'm looking forward to it, even though it's orcs. Finally, more Draenei love! <3

But yeah, once I hit 100, it's time to start getting ready for raid time. And probably leveling my alt.

TheYanger

You haven't had a flying mount as part of the levelling experience...ever (except for storm peaks and icecrown).

ampere

Honestly I think flying completely breaks the game. How do you make a gate, a mountain, a canal, etc any of those things interesting if people can fly? It's very cool and neat to be able to fly, especially when content isn't current, but for current content I think flying is too game breaking.

So I am one of those who is happy about no flying in 6.0 Draenor. We'll see how it works out

vocab

No flying doesnt bother me in the slightest. There are warp gates in draenor so I don't give a shit one bit.

Also, I'm a fan of actually going to the instance by ground. I always enjoy seeing the entrance of a new raid. Get out of here with that summon shit or queue garbage.

Fjordson

Honestly I think flying completely breaks the game. How do you make a gate, a mountain, a canal, etc any of those things interesting if people can fly? It's very cool and neat to be able to fly, especially when content isn't current, but for current content I think flying is too game breaking.

So I am one of those who is happy about no flying in 6.0 Draenor. We'll see how it works out
I'm totally cool with it also. I enjoy being able to experience everything from the ground.

Aw shit, congrats! Super jealous.

You haven't had a flying mount as part of the levelling experience...ever (except for storm peaks and icecrown).

I hit 80 long before I set foot in Glacier but I 'finished' the zone because I found it extremely compelling to do so. Same for SMV (I hit 70 in Netherstorm). To a much lesser extent I found myself wanting to finish Twilight Highlands, even though that zone wore out its welcome with that detour down the mines before the final mountaintop confrontation with Skullcrusher the Mountain. Dread Wastes was...not good but at least the Klaxxi dailies were rewarding.

I'm only kvetching that not being able to fly would be a double tap if another failed 'finale' zone in Warlords is the kick in the nuts that I'm anticipating it could be. Chalk it up to bracing for impact as a pessimist.

There's a guide out where it apparently will take you about 5.5 hours to level as Horde in WoD.

Rushing through though.

Estimated time for most people I think is something like 10-16 hours from 90-100.

I'll either rush first then take my time on an alt, or take my time on my first toon and slam through it secondary characters. Already know I have to get at least two toons to 100 in the first week or two, with several more not far behind. Might balance a bunch out too getting the early part of the garrison established on everyone so I can start professions going.

Ultratech

No flying doesnt bother me in the slightest. There are warp gates in draenor so I don't give a shit one bit.

Also, I'm a fan of actually going to the instance by ground. I always enjoy seeing the entrance of a new raid. Get out of here with that summon shit or queue garbage.

The Warp Gates are nice, the only issues I have with them is that it takes up a Large Plot in your Garrison (you only get two) and you only get access to 1-3 Warp Gates (based on Level; Level 3 Mage Tower gives you access to 3 of 6 possible warps).

mylasthope

Neo Member
Anyone know where to look for people selling Garry kills? My server is low pop so I rarely see anything in trade, let alone garry kills. I'd PUG it but my 533 ilvl is too low to get a group =(

Jag

I just paid 16k for 2 back to back Heroic kills. Got the agi and int staff. I'm done now (already got the mythic bow on my main). No more worrying about gear upgrades or trying to get into groups that may or may not get kills. Now I can just go and make that money back which is more fun.

mylasthope

Neo Member
I just paid 16k for 2 back to back Heroic kills. Got the agi and int staff. I'm done now (already got the mythic bow on my main). No more worrying about gear upgrades or trying to get into groups that may or may not get kills. Now I can just go and make that money back which is more fun.

How are you finding these kills!?!?

Edit: Not familiar with cross-realm raiding. Will I be able to find a kill on and pay on a different server or am I limited to my own?

StMeph

Is heirloom like the normal looting, in that you only get one chance per lockout each week on each difficulty, or can you run it multiple times in a single week?

vocab

Is heirloom like the normal looting, in that you only get one chance per lockout each week on each difficulty, or can you run it multiple times in a single week?

I just got another heirloom 5 mins ago so the latter. I have about 7-9 now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom