• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you having a problem with tentacles, sanity, going into brain room?

class?

Best tip I can give is to kill all the tentacles before entering the brain room. If you have them up during the final phase you'll get stunlocked like crazy and be overwhelmed so fast. My monk had a hard time until I realized that. I save all my cool downs for the final phase.

I'm playing warrior, so the only 2 moves I can use while being stunned by them are whirlwind and bladestorm, the first being impossible to us if I'm under 30 rage.

I will however try taking out all of them before jumping into the portals as I am struggling with the stunlocking once inside.

cdyhybrid

I can't for the life of me kill Yogg-Saron on 25HC, the rest of Ulduar was easy...

I did after 5+ years of buying eggs from the Oracles finally get this:

How did you kill Flame Leviathan on hard mode? I tried bringing multiple demos into the room before pulling, but they all died as soon as I left the first one to enter the second.

How did you kill Flame Leviathan on hard mode? I tried bringing multiple demos into the room before pulling, but they all died as soon as I left the first one to enter the second.

Is this since the hot fix so he scales with your ilvl? He was pretty easy to faceroll, previous attempts before 6.02 had me stacking 5 barrels on him before spamming 1.

vocab

How did you kill Flame Leviathan on hard mode?.

You dont have to kill him on hard mode to do 25 yogg. You could just do it on 10 man.

I imagine use the pyrite as much as possible.

I killed him without a vehicle. I don't bother with the 4 tower simply because its a waste of time for me.

StayDead

Ummmm. Ulduar was the shortest tier in Wrath. I don't know if you could really be burnt out on it after less than 4 full months. http://i.imgur.com/w0deu0t.jpg

Trial of the Crusader, which was a much shorter (and shittier) tier, lasted longer.

You don't just stop raiding the previous tier straight away. There was still legendaries to be gotten for people as it was still the BiS for a while and other things. Ulduar may have been short until ToTC came out (which I actually prefer to Ulduar as a healer atleast as it was shorter) but you didn't just suddenly go "LOL THAT'S IT SEEYA ULDUAR" that quickly if you had any sense.

cdyhybrid

Is this since the hot fix so he scales with your ilvl? He was pretty easy to faceroll, previous attempts before 6.02 had me stacking 5 barrels on him before spamming 1.

Yeah, it was yesterday. I'll try it again today. I think I just spammed pyrite on him until I ran out and then spammed 1.

You dont have to kill him on hard mode to do 25 yogg. You could just do it on 10 man.

I imagine use the pyrite as much as possible.

I killed him without a vehicle. I don't bother with the 4 tower simply because its a waste of time for me.

Have to do it on hard mode for the Glory achievement though :(

Mordeccai

Iron Dwarf, Medium Rare has got to be the shittiest achievement Blizz has ever made. I've been here in Ulduar for an hour now and only killed 17 of these dwarves. Doesn't help that the stupid friendly adds dps them down... and I have to switch my mage to Fire spec because Scorch is the only spell that doesnt one shot these guardians.

StMeph

I've been back for about 3 weeks now. Resubbed for WoD, having not played since BC.

I'm up to about ilvl 512 now, did UBRS, did all of the LFR's except for the final 3 bosses of SoO.

I bought 3 months of time in advance, but I'm kind of thinking I might not renew again after that. This just isn't the same game I remember anymore. Granted, I haven't played since BC, but everything is just so... casual. I mean I totally get it, but part of me feels like they went too far.

Back in the day people were complaining that they couldn't see the content of Black Temple or Sunwell Plateau because they weren't hardcore enough players to get to that content. So now it's on the complete opposite end of the spectrum. Everyone can do anything. And it's so completely and utterly streamlined. Everything is on rails.

I remember when new raids came out, there would be weeks where the guilds were vying for world firsts. People were tight lipped on their strategies, because figuring out the strategies was 80% of the battle. You had to learn encounters. Now you just open fucking Shit+J and boom it tells you exactly what to do. Stand over here, don't get hit by this, taunt after 3 stacks. Where's the fun in that? I know that's what all fights ultimately boil down to, but it just feels really weird that there's an in-game guide to beating all the encounters. There's nothing to figure out.

And because it's so streamlined, nobody does anything except repeating this stuff over and over. Maybe I'm playing wrong, but when I log on, the first thing I do is queue up for something. When I finish the instance, the next thing I do is queue up for something else. The entire game just consists of queueing for stuff until I logout.

I'm not sure if WoD will change anything in this regard. So far I'm kind of mildly enjoying my time, but it just feels more empty than it did back during BC.

Go do non-queued stuff. Farm mounts, pet battles, solo old raids for transmogs.

Or do higher level content. Normal or Heroic raids.

Acosta

Finally did it, got the warrior to 90 with the boost thing.

My first day with it has been fun. The pre-WoD event was incredibly bland and it wasalso annoying to do the quest to get my skills, but after that I decided to raid Karaz (loved it back then), getting two nice swords, and after that I got the headless helm.

PCL11OQ.jpg

Look how happy I am! (the laughing thing is fun).

I also explored Timeless Isles, which was interesting, and got my ass handed in PVP a bit. I don't plan to go big on PVP this type but I will try to get some honor for legacy gear.

cdyhybrid

My first day with it has been fun. The pre-WoD event was incredibly bland and it wasalso annoying to do the quest to get my skills, but after that I decided to raid Karaz (loved it back then), getting two nice swords, and after that I got the headless helm.

PCL11OQ.jpg

I also explored Timeless Isles, which was interesting, and got my ass handed in PVP a bit. I don't plan to go big on PVP this type but I will try to get some honor for legacy gear.

Honor gear is the best you can get outside of the end-game raid right now, and by far the easiest. It's item level 550, so you'd need to be doing Heroic raids to get better.

PCL11OQ.jpg

Having boosted two characters myself; Monk (Free) & Druid (£40), it was a lot easier prior to 6.02 when they dropped you on Timeless with all your spells. Doing the Blasted Lands questline was painful with only 4 spells at 90.

The thing about WoW now compared to the way it used to be is that the low end stuff is SO low end that it's meant to be accessible by literally every mouthbreather that can smash a keyboard.

We're also in a weird time right now where the "current" highest level content has been nerfed into oblivion so it's not even nearly as challenging as it once was even a month ago.

If you're just coming back though, you simply won't have the gear levels to even see that.

My advice would be to just ride it out until WoD launches, enjoy your leveling, and then focus on gearing up and doing challenging content then where the balance isn't out of whack. CM dungeons, progression Heroic then Mythic raids, etc.

And while the dungeon journal is somewhat useful, it's not anything you wouldn't find outside of wowhead anyway. It merely lists abilities, it doesn't delineate exact tactics for completing an encounter like raid positioning or usage of specific abilities to bypass mechanics as is often necessary when pushing early progression kills.

Again, it's an odd time to be coming back after a long break and expecting for there to be a challenge. Go do Heroic/Mythic raids in WoD when everyone isn't grossly overgeared and the content hasn't been run into the ground and you'll probably find what you're looking for. Something like 3% or less of the playerbase defeated Heroic(Mythic) Garrosh prior to 6.0.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
I boosted a rogue. The new Blasted Lands stuff sucks without all your abilities.

Leeching poison is awesome for old raids. As soon as I get hit my HP just jumps back to 100%.

The thing about WoW now compared to the way it used to be is that the low end stuff is SO low end that it's meant to be accessible by literally every mouthbreather that can smash a keyboard.

We're also in a weird time right now where the "current" highest level content has been nerfed into oblivion so it's not even nearly as challenging as it once was even a month ago.

If you're just coming back though, you simply won't have the gear levels to even see that.

My advice would be to just ride it out until WoD launches, enjoy your leveling, and then focus on gearing up and doing challenging content then where the balance isn't out of whack. CM dungeons, progression Heroic then Mythic raids, etc.

And while the dungeon journal is somewhat useful, it's not anything you wouldn't find outside of wowhead anyway. It merely lists abilities, it doesn't delineate exact tactics for completing an encounter like raid positioning or usage of specific abilities to bypass mechanics as is often necessary when pushing early progression kills.

Again, it's an odd time to be coming back after a long break and expecting for there to be a challenge. Go do Heroic/Mythic raids in WoD when everyone isn't grossly overgeared and the content hasn't been run into the ground and you'll probably find what you're looking for. Something like 3% or less of the playerbase defeated Heroic(Mythic) Garrosh prior to 6.0.

Yea, I'm hoping the feeling is different when WoD hits. Out of curiosity, how long did it take after MoP was released before the world first Mythic Garrosh kill?

Regardless though, I'm still not too fond of the lfr / normal / heroic / mythic thing where you're doing the same raid as everyone else, just on a different difficulty.

Part of my reason for progressing and pushing myself back in the BC days was to see new content. That feeling of stepping foot into a new place after weeks or months of hard work is gone now as soon as you've cleared everything on LFR. Like I don't feel a strong desire to try anything on normal, heroic, or mythic because I've already seen it on LFR. Sure, the encounters have a few extra mechanics and are tuned to be more difficult, but that's it.

Yea, I'm hoping the feeling is different when WoD hits. Out of curiosity, how long did it take after MoP was released before the world first Mythic Garrosh kill?

Regardless though, I'm still not too fond of the lfr / normal / heroic / mythic thing where you're doing the same raid as everyone else, just on a different difficulty.

Part of my reason for progressing and pushing myself back in the BC days was to see new content. That feeling of stepping foot into a new place after weeks or months of hard work is gone now as soon as you've cleared everything on LFR. Like I don't feel a strong desire to try anything on normal, heroic, or mythic because I've already seen it on LFR. Sure, the encounters have a few extra mechanics and are tuned to be more difficult, but that's it.

In WoD LFR and Normal/HC/Mystic Gear are two different models/stats.

Blackhand in LFR drops Blackhand Forgehammer or if you do Normal or above which requires the traditional Raid group, you get The Black Hand. Which looks so much cooler.

StayDead

I felt the same with LFR and I still do, the simplest thing is not to do it. The sad thing is though at the place we both came back to the game (near the end of the expac) everyone wants people with high ilvl and experience of MoP content so it's hard to get into normal/heroic runs or atleast it was before the patch. WOD should be better in that respect.

In WoD LFR and Normal/HC/Mystic Gear are two different models/stats.

Blackhand in LFR drops Blackhand Forgehammer or if you do Normal or above which requires the traditional Raid group, you get The Black Hand. Which looks so much cooler.

I don't care about the gear so much. The point is that if you clear everything on LFR, you've basically seen all of the game's raids. For me the excitement is seeing something new, not getting something new. A harder version of something I've already seen doesn't really qualify. Again though that's just me. And with how streamlined everything has become, it doesn't really take all that long to see everything.

Anyone know when the world first Garrosh kills were for LFR and Mythic? I'd imagine LFR and normal Garrosh world firsts probably happened pretty soon after MoP released. Not sure thoguh.

vocab

I don't care about the gear so much. The point is that if you clear everything on LFR, you've basically seen all of the game's raids. For me the excitement is seeing something new, not getting something new. A harder version of something I've already seen doesn't really qualify. Again though that's just me. And with how streamlined everything has become, it doesn't really take all that long to see everything.

Anyone know when the world first Garrosh kills were for LFR and Mythic? I'd imagine LFR and normal Garrosh world firsts probably happened pretty soon after MoP released. Not sure thoguh.

Siege was released Sept 11th 2013. Heroic Garrosh was killed by Method (25) Oct 1st, 2013.

The other difficulties dont matter.

LFR is tourist mode, and it does make raiding not appealing to lower level players when they kill basically a training dummy. They beat it, but they don't care about higher difficulites. I get it. But LFR, isn't real raiding.

cdyhybrid

Siege of Orgrimmar (Garrosh's raid) wasn't released until months and months after MoP (the expansion). Also, LFR for a raid is typically not unlocked until a week or two after the normal/heroic version.

Siege of Orgrimmar (Garrosh's raid) wasn't released until months and months after MoP (the expansion). Also, LFR for a raid is typically not unlocked until a week or two after the normal/heroic version.

Ahh, didn't know either of those two things. Guess I'll just have to wait and see what it's like going in fresh with WoD then. I accept that I may have been soured by LFR, so I will just finish up Garrosh on LFR this week and then wait for WoD, and try to avoid it in the future.

Fjordson

I see what you mean, but they're never going to make content exclusive to top end guilds at this point.

Which makes sense I think. Can't think of a good reason to not let other people see the content on lower difficulties. Not like it affects top end guilds. They've lowered the floor for raiding, but the ceiling is still pretty damn high for anyone who wants to go after it.

vocab

The only problem i have with lfr right now is that it makes heroic dungeons irrelevant. LFR simply bypasses all that content due to higher ilvl. I'm not talking about MoP dungeons. I'm talking about WoD. The only way this will be fixed if they introduce other dungeons later down the line.

Wunder

Unfortunately that was pretty much a one-time deal with the first expansion, I think they realized pretty fast that a) it was unrealistic for them to create a progression structure like that due to the simple fact that it would require that many more assets and environments to just create raids that maintain that level of quality, and b) not many people saw the entire structure anyway, so a lot of that effort that was put in was wasted.

I mean, who saw Sunwell when it was progression? I know my guild at the time could barely break through BT when it first came out let alone continue along. We saw with Wrath that they started taking the huge raid approach instead of splitting it up with stuff like Gruul/SSC/TK and stuff, and while there is something to be said about the wonder of finally gaining access to a new raid, I think the end result of this is most likely for the better.

StayDead

The best thing about having an SSC/TK/Gruul situation is that you get to see more environments. Staring at Icecrown or the worst offenders being something like Firelands and Dragon Soul for so long gets very, very boring. Atleast when you had SSC and TK you were doing 2 almost completely different instances but at the same raid tier.

Having the smaller raids like Gruuls was nice too to split everything up. Even the vault of archavon was good for that.

Also of note, like Garrosh P4, Heroic Ragnaros final phase, Sinestra, etc. I'm sure there will be at least a couple fights throughout WoD that have portions which are exclusive to Mythic difficulty. Garrosh's P4 mechanics were never put in the dungeon journal either.

cdyhybrid

I think it's great the way it is now. I'd imagine that a lot of the more casual players are playing because they like the Warcraft series and want to follow the story. Bleeding-edge raiding guilds will do bleeding edge raids no matter what they are. They do the content because it's the hardest stuff out, not because they want to see the story.

Wunder

I think it's great the way it is now. I'd imagine that a lot of the more casual players are playing because they like the Warcraft series and want to follow the story. Bleeding-edge raiding guilds will do bleeding edge raids no matter what they are. They do the content because it's the hardest stuff out, not because they want to see the story.

Yeah that's what I mean, its kind of weird because Blizzard are trying to appeal to both extremes, the casual players that rarely raid and are happy to do the other stuff in the world, and the extremely hardcore that rush through everything. This leaves a weird middle gap for players that aspire to be hardcore raiders but either dont have the time or skill or group to do so, and they're kinda just left high and dry because they're caught in the middle.

TheYanger

I think it's fair to say that the 'real' versions of fights aren't just a bit different, they're orders of magnitude different. Most of the coolest mechanics in any fight aren't just 'trivialized' for LFR but are completely gutted because they simply wouldn't work at all. Ever.

For instance, a fight that was STILL a monster on LFR early on was Durumu, and on LFR the color beam phase of that fight is quite literally just 'move the 3 beams to the 3 adds'. The only similarity to normal or heroic is that there are 3 beams of different colors.

On Heroic the mechanic was that you had the 3 colors, yellow moves on its own, blue and red would move with the person they were targetting. Blue you wanted to avoid hitting the blue add and you wnated to keep still, if you expose the blue add you might as well wipe (It does intense AE damage to everyone. The yellow beam would circle either counter or clockwise and eventually WILL hit the yellow add, which you then need to kill instantly if it happens. You minimize these chances by placing the yellow beam on the opposite side of the room from the yellow add if possible (There are actually 2 yellow adds on heroic but they always spawn 'near' each other so you would make a Y shape to maximize the average travel time). This one isn't a wipe unless you fail to kill it, but it does do extra raid damage so you want to avoid it. Meanwhile, the phase actually ENDS when the red beam has passed over 3 red adds and you kill all 3. The red beam needs to move quickly to sweep for adds, and stop when it exposes one (Pulling the beam off before the add is dead will cause an explosion). There is a soft enrage on this phase because each beam does split damage to everyone in the beam, you split your raid into 3 groups, one for each color, and your red team needs to TRY and identify where the adds are before they spawn so they can quickly wipe them out. You also don't want to cross beams too often since you end up splitting more damage over more people and spreading more debuffs. The debuffs you get are color specific and last the entire fight, and stack. So if you're in Yellow, you take like 1% more yellow damage per stack for the rest of the fight. THIS aspect of the mechanic means that your groups of color soakers actually needs to rotate which color they're in per phase. The yellow group the first time becomes red the next time, blue the third, etc. Just to clarify, you 'see' where the adds are by a very brief burst of a dull explosion where they spawn. So, there's about a half second window for your group to see the color splashes and process where the 6 different adds are in the room and position appropriately.

Now, that mechanic? Isn't even close to the hardest mechanic on the fight (Though it can easily wipe you if you do it wrong), but the LFR version aside from having the colors might as well not even be the same thing. It's like that for ALMOST every mechanic on every boss. You're doing yourself a real disservice unless truly the only thing you enjoy about raiding is looking at the graphics for the bosses themselves.

Oh and I did get my free week of game time. Had to follow the promo link that was posted on MMO-Champ/Reddit, rather than getting an offer in my email.

Stacks onto sub.

I think it's fair to say that the 'real' versions of fights aren't just a bit different, they're orders of magnitude different. Most of the coolest mechanics in any fight aren't just 'trivialized' for LFR but are completely gutted because they simply wouldn't work at all. Ever.

For instance, a fight that was STILL a monster on LFR early on was Durumu, and on LFR the color beam phase of that fight is quite literally just 'move the 3 beams to the 3 adds'. The only similarity to normal or heroic is that there are 3 beams of different colors.

On Heroic the mechanic was that you had the 3 colors, yellow moves on its own, blue and red would move with the person they were targetting. Blue you wanted to avoid hitting the blue add and you wnated to keep still, if you expose the blue add you might as well wipe (It does intense AE damage to everyone. The yellow beam would circle either counter or clockwise and eventually WILL hit the yellow add, which you then need to kill instantly if it happens. You minimize these chances by placing the yellow beam on the opposite side of the room from the yellow add if possible (There are actually 2 yellow adds on heroic but they always spawn 'near' each other so you would make a Y shape to maximize the average travel time). This one isn't a wipe unless you fail to kill it, but it does do extra raid damage so you want to avoid it. Meanwhile, the phase actually ENDS when the red beam has passed over 3 red adds and you kill all 3. The red beam needs to move quickly to sweep for adds, and stop when it exposes one (Pulling the beam off before the add is dead will cause an explosion). There is a soft enrage on this phase because each beam does split damage to everyone in the beam, you split your raid into 3 groups, one for each color, and your red team needs to TRY and identify where the adds are before they spawn so they can quickly wipe them out. You also don't want to cross beams too often since you end up splitting more damage over more people and spreading more debuffs. The debuffs you get are color specific and last the entire fight, and stack. So if you're in Yellow, you take like 1% more yellow damage per stack for the rest of the fight. THIS aspect of the mechanic means that your groups of color soakers actually needs to rotate which color they're in per phase. The yellow group the first time becomes red the next time, blue the third, etc. Just to clarify, you 'see' where the adds are by a very brief burst of a dull explosion where they spawn. So, there's about a half second window for your group to see the color splashes and process where the 6 different adds are in the room and position appropriately.

Now, that mechanic? Isn't even close to the hardest mechanic on the fight (Though it can easily wipe you if you do it wrong), but the LFR version aside from having the colors might as well not even be the same thing. It's like that for ALMOST every mechanic on every boss. You're doing yourself a real disservice unless truly the only thing you enjoy about raiding is looking at the graphics for the bosses themselves.

Fair enough. I guess I'm kind of just bummed on how mechanical it all feels. Like when I used to play during BC I'd be at work and trying to plan out what I was going to do that evening. Farm rep for my kara key, try to clear a heroic for an attunement quest, something like that. Right now my schedule is basically determined all the way until WoD comes out, and it's "queue up and do the same shit again that I did last night". Each time I go unlock a new tier of LFR, I go in kind of excited and nervous to see the next tier, and I whisper or /i something like "never been here before, anything I need to know as tank?" And people are like "dude it's LFR, just fucking kill shit" or "votekick" or "great, noob tank".

Once I hit ilvl 510 last night I was excited for something new, so I queued up for UBRS, got a group in a minute or two, and then it was just non-stop bitching from the other people about how I wasn't holding aggro on all the mobs in just the right way, or I pulled the wrong group of enemies first, or I didn't interrupt the ability at the right time, or whatever else. And it's like goddamn, this is my first fucking time in this place. And I just kept thinking that all anyone cares about anymore is finishing stuff in the most efficient manner possible, and that if something doesn't go exactly perfectly you get chewed out for it. And you don't even have to go anywhere! All of this just happens as you get teleported from the comfort of Stormwind or wherever into some linear road of "just kill shit and take your loot so we can get out of here"

Maybe it'll be better when everyone's starting over from a clean slate, and I have a chance to get in on some of the raids from the beginning instead of at the end, and I can skip LFR entirely.

Fjordson

Right now my schedule is basically determined all the way until WoD comes out, and it's "queue up and do the same shit again that I did last night". Each time I go unlock a new tier of LFR, I go in kind of excited and nervous to see the next tier, and I whisper or /i something like "never been here before, anything I need to know as tank?" And people are like "dude it's LFR, just fucking kill shit" or "votekick" or "great, noob tank".
Yeah, actual high end raiding is nothing like that.

I've always argued that there's value to LFR's existence, but it is what it is. Easy mode for people to see the content (and grind out items for their legendary cloak :lol). Nothing more. I'd wager you'll enjoy new content in WoD with an actual group much more than LFR matchmaking.

Not quite with you on the other stuff, though. Rep grinding, attunements, etc. Ain't ever gonna miss that shit.

WoD should provide quite a lot to do each day (at cap) for awhile from what I can tell, given the way it has been set up. With the whole continent being modeled after Timeless Isle, rares and secret caches littered all over the place. Won't just be queue this and that necessarily. Garrisons and the huge time sink to max them out (with the level 3 buildings all requiring account-wide achievements, some rather tedious). The 7! (or something like that) new TLPD-esque rare mounts. Besides all the regular dungeon gearing/CMs/raids/rep grinds/etc.

It's kind of daunting right now TBH (especially with a couple characters at least I need to work on quickly), but you have to remember there aren't going to be dailies in the traditional sense ala the overload that was Mists in 5.0.

erawsd

The only problem i have with lfr right now is that it makes heroic dungeons irrelevant. LFR simply bypasses all that content due to higher ilvl. I'm not talking about MoP dungeons. I'm talking about WoD. The only way this will be fixed if they introduce other dungeons later down the line.

It seems that they are trying to position challenge modes to keep dungeons relevant, which is why they are giving you LFR gear for completling them. Granted, CMs are harder than LFR, but its advantage is the frequency and guarantee of a reward. Itll be interesting to see if they update the rewards as LFR ilvl increaseswith Blackrock Foundry.

vocab

Fair enough. I guess I'm kind of just bummed on how mechanical it all feels. Like when I used to play during BC I'd be at work and trying to plan out what I was going to do that evening. Farm rep for my kara key, try to clear a heroic for an attunement quest, something like that. Right now my schedule is basically determined all the way until WoD comes out, and it's "queue up and do the same shit again that I did last night". Each time I go unlock a new tier of LFR, I go in kind of excited and nervous to see the next tier, and I whisper or /i something like "never been here before, anything I need to know as tank?" And people are like "dude it's LFR, just fucking kill shit" or "votekick" or "great, noob tank".

That's the apathy of WoW. No one gives a shit in LFR. Do anything else, and see if just kill shit is enough. People can't even do flex normal wing 2 because they are terrible players that think killshit is going to get them past galakras.

It seems that they are trying to position challenge modes to keep dungeons relevant, which is why they are giving you LFR gear for completling them. Granted, CMs are harder than LFR, but its advantage is the frequency and guarantee of a reward. Itll be interesting to see if they update the rewards as LFR ilvl increaseswith Blackrock Foundry.

CM loot isn't guaranteed, and completing them doesn't require a good time so the difficulty is only in place when you aim for gold.

Do heroic/mythic raiding, challenge is still very much there.

I'm excited to see Karabor, haven't really spoiled too much of WoD. Hoping the alliance story is good this go around, TBC felt like a horde expansion, especially when Khadgar sat and oogled a Naaru all expansion and Turalyon/Alleria were missing.

I do agree with you though, I'd love to see more "shit hit the fan" moments in this game. They've crafted this dynamic, ever changing world... utilize it! Fuck shit up.

wtb Illidan invading Draenor.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Thought I would check out my dwarf rogue, My original char from many many many years ago.

Damn, He has the best running animation. I had a good chuckle at it.

Ultratech

Got Agility Staff on my Druid last night (tanking Garry was easy on my Bear) and Heroic Bow on my Hunter.

Debating on trying out Mythic SoO in its current form on my Hunter, but I dunno.

Oh and I did get my free week of game time. Had to follow the promo link that was posted on MMO-Champ/Reddit, rather than getting an offer in my email.

Stacks onto sub.

Good to know. I got that in my email today.

Iron Dwarf, Medium Rare has got to be the shittiest achievement Blizz has ever made. I've been here in Ulduar for an hour now and only killed 17 of these dwarves. Doesn't help that the stupid friendly adds dps them down... and I have to switch my mage to Fire spec because Scorch is the only spell that doesnt one shot these guardians.

It's probably nowhere near the worst.

(Hard to say what that would be exactly; quite a few of the raid meta achievements often include some achievements that rely on very random RNG or depend on semi-precise coordination w/a good handful of people or more).

Soooo...

with 3 scribes I may as well get into the glyph market again, even though I mostly have that many for DMF cards right now. Problem is, the one TSM guide is outdated now since the patch with the way glyphs are learned now + removed glyphs (and it didn't include WoD glyphs of course). Gonna be fun (and hopefully valuable) making a ton of groups and operations from scratch.

vocab

See if the top guilds on your server are doing it. A lot of guilds dont want to sacrifice their rep for a small fraction of gold when their guild bank is loaded.

erawsd

CM loot isn't guaranteed, and completing them doesn't require a good time so the difficulty is only in place when you aim for gold.

Ah, I misunderstood the blue tweet about the LFR gear -- I see now that it says "chance". As far as the difficulty is concerned, I'd say that even without getting a medal, it takes more coordination than LFR. The fact that you dont have to get a medal is exactly what will help it maintain its relevance since Itll be easy enough to do.

If youre someone that is leaning on LFR to gear up then theres no reason you shouldnt be doing the daily CM as well, along with the Apexis and Garrison grinds. In 2 months when they release BrF, then it potentially becomes irrelevant if they dont upgrade the daily reward.

mileS

Use the group finder tool.
The group finder tool is no different for heroic Gary. 90% of people ask for 560+ or something higher than it needs to be. Chances are most people that meet the item level req that they ask for may already have the loom for their main class. Sure it's easy to find groups in general, but speaking from experience with a couple of level 532 alts, it's really difficult to get an invite. You could argue that is a rather low item level before the patch, but considering how easy it is now it's perfectly fine. Just my 2 cents :p

To answer the question though. Most of them seem to be legit. People want the easy gold and it only takes 10-15min to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom