• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loxley

I finished my first solo-runs of every TBC and WOTLK raid and I have to say it was pretty cool. The main purpose of this was to just see these dungeons I never got a chance to experience first hand (I stopped raiding mid-TBC). I think Icecrown is my favorite, the scale of it is just huge. It must have been a trip to play through that with 24 other people back when it was the top-tier content.

StayDead

Just played in some random dungeons at level 17. I haven't done Wailing Caverns since I was in my level 20s back in Burning Crusade so that was not only a huge nostalgia bomb as it hasn't really changed, but also it was nice as the people I got matched up with were all really cool people. It took me back to doing WC back then although this time I didn't get lost, I was with a bunch of nice people who were having fun experiencing it. It's nice to know this still exists for people to level into, I know as I level my priest as disc in dungeons I'm going to do my best to share that with other people :>

Japarican

Banned
I finished my first solo-runs of every TBC and WOTLK raid and I have to say it was pretty cool. The main purpose of this was to just see these dungeons I never got a chance to experience first hand (I stopped raiding mid-TBC). I think Icecrown is my favorite, the scale of it is just huge. It must have been a trip to play through that with 24 other people back when it was the top-tier content.

Private servers if you want to try it out, that's how Timeless Isle was made

I think MoP is now finished for me.

N02jorq.jpg

I still need to raised the Klaxxi and the August Celestials to Exalted but I can't really motivate myself. Maybe its the fact that I now only have 22k down from 45k a few weeks ago after buying all the rep mounts and that Garrosh Boot (8k).

Ultratech

How come I can't buy MoP or Cataclysm on battle.net? Are they included in this next expansion?

Included in the Base Game now.

So the Base Game now includes pretty much every expansion to date except WoD, which isn't even out yet.

I think MoP is now finished for me.

I think I'm pretty much at that point.

I don't have much need to do much of anything else.

I've pretty much gotten almost everything done that I cared to get done at this point.

Really can't wait for WoD now.

Trying a different look for my shaman, after getting bored of sporting T5 for several years. Still on the lookout for good axe transmogs. Something between the practical/mundane and the ridiculous. I've set my sights on Touch of Madness from Yogg-Saron 10 but that fight is a RNG nightmare to solo. Classes with regular aoe abilities can handle being tentacled, but the particular aoe mechanics of enhancement shamans screw me over. Sometimes placing totems works, sometimes it's "No Path Available".

Looks nice!

Personally, I liked using a pair of these bad boys on my DK when I was dual-wielding.

I'm sure you'd want something a wee bit smaller for a Shaman though.

Kintaco

Looks like my run for my third cloak is dead in the water. I coudn't loot the Chimera of Fear on second kill of Sha of Fear, not sure if this is a known issue. I know I did just that on my first two cloaks. And there is a 4 day wait time for a CM response. Going to lose out on farming Secrets this week. It was already a tight window as it was, and I've had bad luck with drops.

rallaren

I fianlly got around to solo BT. Was pretty cool but took some time even without dying. It's huge... Illidan was the third hardest I think. Awesome design on the instance.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Sweet! Did a Siege of Orgrimarr LFR and got a ilvl 528 2-hander on my first god. Big upgrade.

I should be ilvl 530 or so by the time I finish upgrading all of my gear.

Fjordson

Sweet! Did a Siege of Orgrimarr LFR and got a ilvl 528 2-hander on my first god. Big upgrade.

Grats! New weapon is always a nice hurdle to get over. Takes me forever sometimes :lol

I went retro for a bit. Legacy armor for Knight-Captain and above from the early PvP titles.

dQQkWbM.jpg
Dope throwback there.

Nice! Always feels good to get a good weapon early on. I did heroic garrosh run on my lowly DK at i-level 509ish for 4k. Very sketchy run at best. The RL was selling runs without telling other people in the raid and other people were flipping out cuz the dps was low and we were wiping so many times. I thought i would either get booted or everyone would leave and then i'd be out 4k gold. Thankfully, on what probably would have been the last attempt cuz of frustration and anger, we got him killed. Picked up a 2H axe and had some plate shoulders drop for me.

I probably shouldn't go into groups like that when I'm still trying to figure out how to play unholy dps. Yikes I suck. DK's don't have so much of a rotation as a hit whatever is off CD or available. It's totally different from anything else I've played. So many CD's...

Any tips on what I should be doing? I've gotten used to having the ghoul out. Applying diseases with plague strike or outbreak. not sure how to start off with outbreak since it's never up at the start of a fight. Should i be using both scourge strike and mortal strike or just scourge strike? using death coil as filler along with whatever other buttons i can push. haven't figured out when to use festering strike appropriately.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
I pity alliance on PvP servers. I have one toon like that that I boosted up to 90 that I just don't play anymore because Timeless Isle is impossible. It's like a Horde zone. On my Horde character, I rarely see alliance there, and frog farming is super easy. It's hilariously out of balance, and there's literally nothing you can do about it other than packing up your shit and realm transferring. Really don't know if I'll ever go back to the Monk because of this.

I got my Pally's average ilevel up to 537 or something just from Timeless and LFR gear, and from the Blasted Lands quests and UBRS. 45 minutes frog farms = 750 tokens, raising my ilevel by like 5. It's so easy it almost feels wrong, but so close to the next expack that's pretty cool, because it lets me see the content. Normal actually feels easier than LFR sometimes because the barrier to entry is slightly higher, fewer idiots.

Fjordson

I pity alliance on PvP servers. I have one toon like that that I boosted up to 90 that I just don't play anymore because Timeless Isle is impossible. It's like a Horde zone. On my Horde character, I rarely see alliance there, and frog farming is super easy. It's hilariously out of balance, and there's literally nothing you can do about it other than packing up your shit and realm transferring. Really don't know if I'll ever go back to the Monk because of this.

I got my Pally's average ilevel up to 537 or something just from Timeless and LFR gear, and from the Blasted Lands quests and UBRS. 45 minutes frog farms = 750 tokens, raising my ilevel by like 5. It's so easy it almost feels wrong, but so close to the next expack that's pretty cool, because it lets me see the content. Normal actually feels easier than LFR sometimes because the barrier to entry is slightly higher, fewer idiots.
Wow, 750 tokens???

Someone on alliance should invite me to their low pop server so we can farm some frogs. It's impossible on my server.

strafer

Ok, levelling through dungeons is crazy fun and actually good. I went from level 16 to near level 50 today on my priest. ::D

Yep, I'm doing that on my Druid. As soon as I hit 15 I just spammed dungeons.

I'm not gonna set foot in a questing area..imma save em.

StayDead

I met some really nice people along the way too, there was one tank who was telling a healer of 7 years to learn how to heal but other than that it was cool.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Wow, 750 tokens???

Someone on alliance should invite me to their low pop server so we can farm some frogs. It's impossible on my server.

Yup, in a full group it's super fast. And this was with like 5-6 groups all farming frogs so you're stepping on eachother's toes a bit, at quieter times it's even more efficient.

StayDead

People always do that. Easier just to ignore. :p

I just find it funny more than anything. He didn't stop running forward despite me telling him to wait a sec then he pulled an entire room when I was playing disc and had no chance in hell of keeping him alive. He couldn't even keep aggro on half the mobs, I was trying to heal myself and him haha.

The circle of blame still exists 7 years later.

Tank > Healer > DPS > Tank.

vocab

I just find it funny more than anything. He didn't stop running forward despite me telling him to wait a sec then he pulled an entire room when I was playing disc and had no chance in hell of keeping him alive. He couldn't even keep aggro on half the mobs, I was trying to heal myself and him haha.

The circle of blame still exists 7 years later.

Tank > Healer > DPS > Tank.

Wait till wod. Just wait. Tanks that cant hold aggro while everyone else gets killed. Shit is gonna be awesome.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member

Yeah, I've been farming frogs a bit. Got like 1200 tokens and 65,000 timeless coins. Ready to upgrade all of my gear now and I bought one of those Burdens of Eternity for 50k coins to get some better boots.

The frog farm is pretty crazy if you are in a group and use some of those Timeless Isle-only buff items. You can get a lot of items to sell, too.

Loxley

My brother and I started playing on Lightbringer. What server do most of you guys play on?

We're spread out all over the place. There was a time when we had a Horde guild on Area 52, but that eventually fizzled out.

Personally, I play Alliance on Durotan, with a couple alts on Stormrage for some reason.

Sajjaja

Question about Recruit a friend. My brother and I have only just started playing and only have the base game. Also, we're currently both playing on the free month.

Is it still possible to get the Recruit a Friend rewards if I were to invite him now (or vice versa)? We have not paid for subs yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom