• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.
On Mal'Ganis a H Garry kill has crashed to 5k or less but YMMV on a lower pop realm without nearly as many experienced guilds.

Up to you if 10k is worth it or not. Particularly depending on what heirloom you're going after as a guaranteed one.

mileS

10k seems to be the going rate on Bleeding Hollow (pretty popular/big server) but prices are going down lately. Lots of competition out there.

10k is what me and my guild are charging. Try to haggle down to 7 or 8k. We let a bunch get in for 8k. If theres a top guild charging 5 by all means do it, but not many guilds are that dumb.

I'll try to haggle and see if I can get it for for 5-7k. I'm going to make that and more come WoD and I think the 'loom will be a nice momento.

If anyone is on Horde - Draenor EU and knows legit boost lemme know.

erawsd

Honestly, I wouldnt stress over the heirloom. Its nice to have but they nerfed its max scaling to 620, so youll end up replacing it pretty quick once you hit the cap.

Loxley

Well, Baron Rivendare didn't drop the mount, but he did give me this:

LZAevIG.png

That damn sword and its craptacular drop rate have been haunting me since vanilla. One day it will be mine...

Why does the HH Mount hate me so much? T_T

Years and years I've been running it and since this year I've ran it on 7 toons and still no luck. On the other hand I have about 7 Sinister Squishlings...

I miss the old group finder where you could just list your name/role/exp/etc and wait for something to whisper you instead of having to constantly refresh looking for a group you need. Also fuck the assholes who advertise 540+ ilvl but won't take my 540 ilvl Holy Pally.

I miss the old group finder where you could just list your name/role/exp/etc and wait for something to whisper you instead of having to constantly refresh looking for a group you need. Also fuck the assholes who advertise 540+ ilvl but won't take my 540 ilvl Holy Pally.

I feel you.

'Looking for all ilvl 526+'
'Hey I'm a 546 lock with legendary cape and heirloo-DENIED.'

mylasthope

Neo Member
The group finder tool is no different for heroic Gary. 90% of people ask for 560+ or something higher than it needs to be. Chances are most people that meet the item level req that they ask for may already have the loom for their main class. Sure it's easy to find groups in general, but speaking from experience with a couple of level 532 alts, it's really difficult to get an invite. You could argue that is a rather low item level before the patch, but considering how easy it is now it's perfectly fine. Just my 2 cents :p

To answer the question though. Most of them seem to be legit. People want the easy gold and it only takes 10-15min to do.

True. All I've seen is 560+ on the group finder for heroic. Currently trying to get my ilvl up any way possible on my last alt to get into 1 more heroic run. Currently at 544. Getting 560 is going to be hard. =/

Does anyone have any experience with paying for a HC Garrosh kill? I don't know if its legit or a scam.

I ended up buying one from a guy rather than a guild. He queued us up for a group finder run and got me a kill that way. RL was ok with my low ilvl because he was 580+. I don't even see any guilds offering the kill on my server. Just a couple of 580+ ppl selling carries. They sell these carries for 8-10k on my server.

Fjordson

Man what are some good ways to farm lesser charms other than the Timeless Isle frogs? Those are overfarmed to oblivion on my server.

Lesser Charms for upgrades would have been amazing if they weren't soulbound. I have about 9,000 between my shaman and hunter, but they ain't doing shit for my new Warlock =[

Does anyone have any experience with paying for a HC Garrosh kill? I don't know if its legit or a scam.
Did it yesterday. Took like 10 minutes tops, was super easy. But it was a well known guild on my server so I felt okay doing it. Just have to know who you're buying from.

Rizzi

Ugh. Trying to pug Nazgrim is painful.
No, your pet should not be standing there munching on his arse while he's in defensive stance. Christ.
Also: People that join the group and then ask if it's up to Garrosh. Learn to read motherfuckers. The tool says what boss we're up to!

Jarnet87

I am terrible at doing old content. tried to do 25M Ulduar on my 531 Guardian Druid. Died like 3 times to Flame Leviathan lol, then got stomped by XT-002 twice and gave up. No idea how people run through these things so quick.

ch0mp

No, your pet should not be standing there munching on his arse while he's in defensive stance. Christ.
Also: People that join the group and then ask if it's up to Garrosh. Learn to read motherfuckers. The tool says what boss we're up to!

Sure it can, they don't generate rage.

ZServ

What? Your pet can totally attack Nazgrim during defensive stance. BM can even kill command without generating rage. Lrn2hunter

vocab

Ugh. Why are no graveyards working on timeless isle except for the one near the ghost ship. This game sometimes =[
You think that's bad..how about doing a daily phased quest where enemies that aren't supposed to be there show up, and then have a 90 boomkin get phased in as well casting 20k sunfires at you with an 8 sec silence.

Game is great when it works but come on crz and phasing are buggy as shit.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Got my boosted 90 up to ilvl 517 today. Really need to upgrade my weapon (two-hander), but it seems like options are severely limited. It appears that getting a bunch of honor and buying the ilvl 522 weapon is the best way to go.

Any other suggestions?

cdyhybrid

Got my boosted 90 up to ilvl 517 today. Really need to upgrade my weapon (two-hander), but it seems like options are severely limited. It appears that getting a bunch of honor and buying the ilvl 522 weapon is the best way to go.

Any other suggestions?

You can buy a 550 PvP weapon with honor. Along with 550 gear for all your other slots.

StayDead

You think that's bad..how about doing a daily phased quest where enemies that aren't supposed to be there show up, and then have a 90 boomkin get phased in as well casting 20k sunfires at you with an 8 sec silence.

Game is great when it works but come on crz and phasing are buggy as shit.

The phasing in Icecrown is broken as hell right now. :p

In terms of heroic garry boosts I got into a run luckily but they've been charging upwards of 30k. Many of them have hit the gold cap, it's stupid.

Cutting it close, but looks like I'll be getting my mount on the weekend of the 7th/8th. Would get it the previous week, but I'm probably still going to be in the middle of moving and I'm unsure if I'll be able to make it.

Fjordson

Getting Kanrethad for the Green Fire to below 20 percent now. Good progress. Those Felhunters really fuck me up, though. Not good at dealing with them while losing control of the pit lord.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
If all you look from bosses in LFR is gold, Can you still do the raid again for an actual item drop? Or do you need to wait until it resets.

Fjordson

Green fire get! Woo! What a neat quest line and intense fight. As the fel hunters were coming out I ended up sending the pit lord off behind a pillar so they weren't able to break my enslave spell. Helped out a ton. Was pretty smooth once the fel hunters were down. The green spells look awesome =D

Also, I'm pleasantly surprised that I got the feat of strength and the Black Harvest title. I remember reading that the patch was going to get rid of it, but the feat of strength says "before the expedition to Draenor" so I guess they pushed back the deadline.

If all you look from bosses in LFR is gold, Can you still do the raid again for an actual item drop? Or do you need to wait until it resets.
Nah, that was your chance for a drop this week. Gold instead of gear is a somewhat common occurrence.

Now with bonus rolls I'm fairly certain you can use multiple ones on the same boss. Unlimited rolls actually I think.

edit: beaten by Peach

Rizzi

Getting Kanrethad for the Green Fire to below 20 percent now. Good progress. Those Felhunters really fuck me up, though. Not good at dealing with them while losing control of the pit lord.

I gave up on getting green fire. Way too complex for me.

Fjordson

I gave up on getting green fire. Way too complex for me.
It seems overwhelming at first, but I'd bet you can do it. I was fucking up so badly for a few hours, but I started to get it down and then the last attempt where I downed him I just breezed through it. The comments on Kanrethad's page on Wowhead are full of excellent tips.

Not that there's any rush. The title and feat of strength may go away, but the ability to gain the green fire spells isn't going anywhere. At least not to my knowledge.

lazygecko

shamanddu5d.jpg

Trying a different look for my shaman, after getting bored of sporting T5 for several years. Still on the lookout for good axe transmogs. Something between the practical/mundane and the ridiculous. I've set my sights on Touch of Madness from Yogg-Saron 10 but that fight is a RNG nightmare to solo. Classes with regular aoe abilities can handle being tentacled, but the particular aoe mechanics of enhancement shamans screw me over. Sometimes placing totems works, sometimes it's "No Path Available".

Nokterian

Been leveling my druid in the last couple of days left it behind at level 64 for a longtime i guess last year orso? Did a race change because i got a bit tired of being a Worgen so went back to Night Elf. I love the new models but the running animation from NE Male needs a bit more work he is more hopping like a bunny to me haha but overall i love all the new models in every race. My human warlock looks amazing,draenei shaman also.

But like i said i went back to playing my druid,he is feral catform. And i am surprised how more fun it is now to be honest. Same with the other classes i really like a few bars less abilties and stuff because i know back then my Warlock had nearly 5 bars full now it's like 2,5 at least or in between.

Also i like playing a druid now is travel form mashed in 1 button and adapts to where ever you are on the ground,air or sea. Yeah i am beginning to like it more and more now then ever before. Can't wait until WoD will hit before that i will be level 90 with it i hope.

strafer

Does Algalon still feed on your tears? He hit pretty hard when I tried him before 6.0.

Haven't tried yet, gonna do it later today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom