• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone on a Full/high population server worried about launch day and WoDs first month queues? Up until this year I played on Eonar EU which has slowly died off and the this year I moved to Draenor EU which is classed as high population PvE server. My only worry is that 90-100 is going to be so busy that finding mobs and other gathering items will become and pain, as well as the queues to get into the server. Am I right to be worried or should it be no problem?

What's the rationale behind making all the WOD blue profession mats BOP? There doesn't appear to be a green level of materials like living steel which was free to trade so I presume the blue mats are their equivalent. I understand when epic quality mats are made BOP, but making blue mats BOP when there is no green level below it seems like a lazy way to address the inherent conflict between garrisons and professions/alts. If you're worried about alts using garrisons to create an excess of materials, perhaps the problem is how much material garrisons provide and not the fact that players have alts. And enchanting doesn't get hit with the BOP stick at all, not sure why that gets a pass and nothing else does.

There's so many other ways to address the problem too. They could have made a Spirit of Harmony equivalent (BOA or not) and kept the actual mats free to trade. You could make garrison materials BOP but different from profession created materials, and allow them to be used to create the same items using different recipes. That would avoid punishing players with professions while still allowing garrisons to fulfill their purpose of allowing players to access any profession and its items (but on a slower scale). It also would allow Blizzard to tinker with the values independently.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
What a productive couple of days!

Started with a boosted 90 (ilvl 483 or so?) and have since changed out just about every item. I'm now at ilvl 531 with a damn good weapon. Kind of lost at what to do next. I doubt I'll have much time to do proper raiding at this time.

What would be a good place to start if I want to farm some old raids solo for gold? Is Burning Crusade era pretty easy at 90?

Also, is there a good explanation at what Item enchanting is? I never figured that stuff out even when I played before.

Glyphs are literally unmanageable without TSM. Would rather cut off an arm than try without it.

Even still, the initial setup time is atrocious. Sheer crafting time is absurd.

So I boost a level 60 horde mage to 90 and suddenly he doesn't know any spells except Fire Blast, Fireball, Frost Nova, Frostfire Bolt and Pyroblast.

Where the fuck did my decurse, portal, slowfall, and all my utility spells go? :(

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
So I boost a level 60 horde mage to 90 and suddenly he doesn't know any spells except Fire Blast, Fireball, Frost Nova, Frostfire Bolt and Pyroblast.

Where the fuck did my decurse, portal, slowfall, and all my utility spells go? :(

I think you need to do the Blasted Lands quest to gain fully access.

So if I do a recruit a friend, and my friend buys the full game ... does he also have to spend the money on ANOTHER month (the first month's free with the game purchase) for me to get a free month? Then he buys a 2nd month and I get a mount? Or would it be like 2 and 3 months?

Wunder

So if I do a recruit a friend, and my friend buys the full game ... does he also have to spend the money on ANOTHER month (the first month's free with the game purchase) for me to get a free month? Then he buys a 2nd month and I get a mount? Or would it be like 2 and 3 months?

I believe he'd have to buy 2 months for you to get both rewards.

Ok so I just came back after an 8 month or so hiatus. I'm not super thrilled with the further simplification of the classes to the point where I can probably play with a controller... but yea, I have a few 570ish Ilvl characters now, trying to get them Heirlooms. Anyone on Mannoroth?

KAP151

Ok so I just came back after an 8 month or so hiatus. I'm not super thrilled with the further simplification of the classes to the point where I can probably play with a controller... but yea, I have a few 570ish Ilvl characters now, trying to get them Heirlooms. Anyone on Mannoroth?

Probably play with a controller?

I could play my Lock on a SNES controller now.

Ultratech

Did Firelands 25-man Heroic/Normal earlier.

Did the first couple of bosses on Heroic (so everything up to Baelroc) and managed to finish some transmog, plus the mount dropped from Alysrazor!

Baelroc was a bitch to do since apparently Decimation Blade was hitting me for 102% of my Max Health...so I pretty much got insta-gibbed and couldn't survive it.
Managed to get lucky and have two Inferno Blade phases and killed him after a few tries.

Then did the remaining bosses on Normal because I didn't wanna spend forever on Majordomo and Rag.

Rizzi

Man, good to see they still can't balance BG player distribution for a damn.
Three BG's in a row we had 0 healers and the enemy team had 3+.
How fun.

Tarazet

What a productive couple of days!

Started with a boosted 90 (ilvl 483 or so?) and have since changed out just about every item. I'm now at ilvl 531 with a damn good weapon. Kind of lost at what to do next. I doubt I'll have much time to do proper raiding at this time.

What would be a good place to start if I want to farm some old raids solo for gold? Is Burning Crusade era pretty easy at 90?

Also, is there a good explanation at what Item enchanting is? I never figured that stuff out even when I played before.

Item enchants are another way to enhance your gear with extra stats or effects. Raiders go for the one that gives the maximum benefit for their class, of course. Whether you do it as a casual player depends on your outlook. The enchanting profession makes most of them, but some of them come from Inscription (shoulder), Leatherworking (leg enchant for Agi/Str/Stam and Stam enchant for gloves), and Tailoring (leg enchant for Int).

Then blacksmiths produce an item that can add a gem slot to your belt. I guess they needed something useful besides crappy plate armor and weapons.

Fjordson

Wow, how do you solo Ultraxion? Doing it on 10 normal and I'm not even getting close. Twilight Instability kills me fairly quickly.

vocab

Wow, how do you solo Ultraxion? Doing it on 10 normal and I'm not even getting close. Twilight Instability kills me fairly quickly.

Kill him before he kills you. That's all there is really. My monk was 550 (my lowest geared atm) when I did it but I have a heroic warforge weapon lol.

Ugh. Why do I ever pvp? This shit is awful.

As a blood dk, it's a blast. Other classes it can be either the worst thing ever or okay.

Fjordson

Kill him before he kills you. That's all there is really. My monk was 550 (my lowest geared atm) when I did it but I have a heroic warforge weapon lol.
Seriously? I'm 573 on my hunter and he's killing me in 15 seconds or so. I think I'm doing something wrong.

TheYanger

Yeah, most likely your pet being out is causing him to kill you with Fading Light.

Kinda like how if you do Kael Thas you just don't want pets so you can avoid Mind Control entirely. If you solo ultrax you don't get faded.

After spending an hour trying to remember where Firelands is, I decided to try soloing it on my Mage. I didn't raid when Firelands came out and have only done it once or twice since then, so I went into it pretty clueless. Most bosses went down insanely fast. Only boss I really had trouble with was Staghelm. He destroyed my Mirror Images and my pet. Killed him with about 50% hp left. Rag was a little tricky too because of the down time but I just iceblocked through the second hammer phase. Had crap luck with loot until Rag where I got a staff and tier helm.

Rizzi

I'm sitting on like 40 living steel belt buckles.
It'd be nice if people stopped undercutting me by like 5 silver every half hour. >.<

Fjordson

Finished Dragon Soul. Much easier than I thought it would be. Definitely going to farm that every week now. Might try going through on my shaman also. She's just as geared as my hunter, though I feel like the Spine stuff could be a pain as melee.

Also, that raid is still pretty cool I think. I wasn't a big fan of Cata overall, but I like DS.

StayDead

Wait till wod. Just wait. Tanks that cant hold aggro while everyone else gets killed. Shit is gonna be awesome.

Excellent. Tanking should be hard.

Also, that raid is still pretty cool I think. I wasn't a big fan of Cata overall, but I like DS.

It was better than Firelands but the final boss was a massive dissapointment mechanically. It also got a bit boring due to how long it felt that tier went on for.

Rapstah

Is anyone on EU servers? I used to be on Burning Legion EU but then switched to Ragnaros EU around late BC because a friend wanted me to raid there. I'm still on Ragnaros EU mostly.

StayDead

Is anyone on EU servers? I used to be on Burning Legion EU but then switched to Ragnaros EU around late BC because a friend wanted me to raid there. I'm still on Ragnaros EU mostly.

I'm on Silvermoon EU been there for about 5 years as Alliance after switching from Burning Steppes EU Horde when it died in WoTLK and everyone left that I knew.

Apt101

How are priests thwarted in PvP? We won the match, but the Horde had a priest that could not be killed, even by four people focusing on him. I know my gear sucks, and I'm a healer, but the other three guys' were gruesome looking and were taking down others. We finally had to ignore him and let him run off when the two guys he was healing died - but we tried for a good minute.

Rizzi

Why? It's pretty easy, plus you can get 2 mounts from it.

I had hella trouble with Staghelm. And let's face it, I'm never going to see the mount drops.

3UTKfzf.jpg
I am missing one piece of my transmog set. D:

rallaren

Man, Lady Vash is a giant pain in the arse to solo.
Pretty true. I had to alt-tab to check strats with less than half hp. It worked out though but I died from some electrocution debuff before I could check loot (which was bad... same 3 set pieces not my class). Cool instance none the less. Fang of the Leviathan is quite the looker.

What's the easiest way of transferring gold from alliance to horde? Really silly how you can't bid on your own auctions

I revived an old warrior as well from cata. 87 now and he's fury. So much fun. Probably the most fun I've had with a character

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom