• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rizzi

What's the easiest way of transferring gold from alliance to horde? Really silly how you can't bid on your own auctions

I revived an old warrior as well from cata. 87 now and he's fury. So much fun. Probably the most fun I've had with a character

Give the gold to someone and ask them to buy your stuff?

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
Anyone play on Thrall-US? Thinking about transferring there since my server is mostly a ghost-town for Horde. Seems big and active, but not too big with queue times.

Ultratech

Man, Lady Vash is a giant pain in the arse to solo.

If you can dish out enough damage, fight her over in the water on one of the raised areas.

This way, when she tries to go back to the center for Phase 2, you can hopefully kill her before she makes it back over there.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Yeah, Garrosh still shows up in Warsong Hold, ICC and ToC.

Not sure if they will change to Voljin

They definitely won't. They say all the time that they just let you 'travel through time' as you go through the expansions.

Story and in-game stuff never line up 100%. The Exodar and Silvermoon are both pretty much fixed story wise, and they still look like a cats butthole in game.

strafer

They definitely won't. They say all the time that they just let you 'travel through time' as you go through the expansions.

Story and in-game stuff never line up 100%. The Exodar and Silvermoon are both pretty much fixed story wise, and they still look like a cats butthole in game.

Would be cool if they somehow did something to allow for the change.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!

What's funny though is that if you start the Twilight Highland pre-quests in Orgrimmar, Vol'jin actually start the quests and talk about it, but somewhere in the middle of that chain, NPCs suddenly start talking about Garrosh instead of Voljin and speaking of him, he sometimes talks like a troll, and sometimes he doesn't(I assume its the text from when it was Garrosh).

Just came back using the free week of game time and boy a lot has changed for the better.

It's pretty confusing being able to queue for a "heroic" level raid. And I just looked at my lockout after defeating only Garrosh and said all the bosses are available before him. Does this mean that beating a boss out of order doesn't lock you out any more? :0

Is this only applicable up to Heroic or does it apply to Mythic as well?

Soloing in 6.0 is silly. Pre 6.0 it took my DK with buffs and drums over 10 min to kill Deathwing 10m. Now my rogue (less gear, nowhere near as much self healing which was a hurdle pre 6.0) did it in just over 2 min, and only that long cause the platforms were buggy and kept sending me back and forth.

Quick question...

It's been a little over a year since I have played. My item level is currently 496 and raid finder is telling me I need to unlock a certain achievement to do all the raids I haven't done before. Can someone tell me what achievement I need? Thanks!

Hmm, looks like they havent updated Atlasloot for 6.0 :(

Yeah it's really annoying. Rely on that addon a lot for looking at older loot tables and tier sets, etc.

Found this comment on curse though:

Lag is currently in the process of final bugfixing for AtlasLoot v8 BETA and I guess it will be out in 1-2 days.

Which was two days ago. So it should be updated soon.

Nugg

Just came back using the free week of game time and boy a lot has changed for the better.

It's pretty confusing being able to queue for a "heroic" level raid. And I just looked at my lockout after defeating only Garrosh and said all the bosses are available before him. Does this mean that beating a boss out of order doesn't lock you out any more? :0

Is this only applicable up to Heroic or does it apply to Mythic as well?

Mythic is still the old fashioned lock you know and love, but at the other difficulty levels, you can do every boss as many time as you want, in the order you want. They'll only have loot for you once a week though.

Ultratech

Alysrazor mount from last night:
kWrfQjQ.jpg

Also, did a bit of farming on Isle of Giants and managed to get the last of the little raptor pets and the Zandalari Library Card achievement.

Plus this poor guy somehow got stuck dead in midair:

erawsd

Its always somewhat surprising to see how Blizzard has embraced the Leeroy Jenkins stuff, despite the original video leaning heavy on the racial stereotypes.

Aylinato

Its always somewhat surprising to see how Blizzard has embraced the Leeroy Jenkins stuff, despite the original video leaning heavy on the racial stereotypes.

All I remember from that video is "lerrrrerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrooooyyyyyyyyyygggghhhhhyyyyyyyyyyy Jenkins" and then whelps

Quick question...

It's been a little over a year since I have played. My item level is currently 496 and raid finder is telling me I need to unlock a certain achievement to do all the raids I haven't done before. Can someone tell me what achievement I need? Thanks!

Go to your class trainer and enter the proving ground, you need a silver rank in PG to be able to queue for LFR.

TheYanger

I...what? Is the mere mention of chicken racist? You know that Leeroy is white right? I just had to rewatch the video for the first time in years because this is the first time I've heard this opinion, and...I don't get it.

erawsd

I...what? Is the mere mention of chicken racist? You know that Leeroy is white right? I just had to rewatch the video for the first time in years because this is the first time I've heard this opinion, and...I don't get it.

On its own the video does seem harmless. However, the guy that created the character said he came up with the name because he and his friends thought it was a funny name for a white guy. Someone else in his guild was named "Afro Jones" or something along those lines.

Pile in the the Amos and Andy affect on his voice and the chicken comment, and yeh, its def a racial stereotype.

daedalius

Leeroy Jenkins racist? what?

Oh also, Lords of War stuff is great. Met Laurel(the artist on the series) a while back, she is pretty awesome.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
On its own the video does seem harmless. However, the guy that created the character said he came up with the name because he and his friends thought it was a funny name for a white guy. Someone else in his guild was named "Afro Jones" or something along those lines.

Pile in the the Amos and Andy affect on his voice and the chicken comment, and yeh, its def a racial stereotype.

You are just stupid as hell.

Fjordson

You're probably thinking of Anfrony.

I played on Laughing Skull in vanilla and BC (where Pals 4 Life was) and they always seemed super nice. Never knew any of them well enough to say whether or not they were racist, but I never picked up on that the times I did play with them.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'm sure some people will be offended by it but lore has already been stretched beyond repair for class/race combos as it is, and I'm still of the opinion we need more druid races. Mostly on Horde side. I don't want to be a Tauren, and I REALLY don't want to be a Troll.

StayDead

I'm sure some people will be offended by it but lore has already been stretched beyond repair for class/race combos as it is, and I'm still of the opinion we need more druid races. Mostly on Horde side. I don't want to be a Tauren, and I REALLY don't want to be a Troll.

Thing is race/classs combos have nothing to do with lore. People can learn the magical arts of other people, just like how humans and orcs became warlocks.

strafer

So this is my latest transmog, still not sure about the shoulders though, I was going for the Sunderseer Mantle at first but since Blackrock Spire got remade it's impossible.

warlocktransmogroun1.jpg

I had no idea you could tie in the Fishing Extravaganza. My adrenaline was pumping so fast because another person hearthed back at the exact same moment and was lockstep with me as we approached the turn in vendor. We both got third and the achievement though. I would have exploded if I lost by a tenth of a second or something. I think I even could have won first if I hadn't got killed by a roving alliance group at the last minute, but at some level that's true of everyone (and there was actually a lot less pvp going on then I remember/expected from when I used to play). I had no idea they patched it so that you can fish everywhere and not just the coast, that was a nice surprise. Can finally get the Salty achievement, although the Arcanite Pole continues to elude me.

Kintaco

Why mostly on Horde side when both sides only have two races that can be Druids? Yet all Horde races can be hunters. I'm sure there are other discrepancies that I've missed.

I had no idea you could tie in the Fishing Extravaganza. My adrenaline was pumping so fast because another person hearthed back at the exact same moment and was lockstep with me as we approached the turn in vendor. We both got third and the achievement though. I would have exploded if I lost by a tenth of a second or something. I think I even could have won first if I hadn't got killed by a roving alliance group at the last minute, but at some level that's true of everyone (and there was actually a lot less pvp going on then I remember/expected from when I used to play). I had no idea they patched it so that you can fish everywhere and not just the coast, that was a nice surprise. Can finally get the Salty achievement, although the Arcanite Pole continues to elude me.

Yeah it's changed a bit over the years. I'm actually surprised it's not a complete PvP hotzone now (maybe it is) with the greater server convergence since the patch. I have all the rewards anyway so it's no big deal - don't ever have to do it again unless they add something new.

erawsd

You're probably thinking of Anfrony.

I played on Laughing Skull in vanilla and BC (where Pals 4 Life was) and they always seemed super nice. Never knew any of them well enough to say whether or not they were racist, but I never picked up on that the times I did play with them.

I'm not accusing them of being racist, I do believe the character itself is certainly suspect...

You are just stupid as hell.

... However, Its obvious that some folks won't be able to handle further discussion of it, so I'll just drop it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom