• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't like tanking as much as I used to, they've changed things too much. I used to love it back in the day though.

Charge, Thunderclap, tab+sunder, shockwave

All those mobs wanting to give me hugs!

Rokam

You know what I want back in WoD? Heroic end-boss epics.

They don't have to be 100% drop mind, and that would probably be for the better. But MoP and Cata dungeons lacked that slight bit of loot flavor BC and Wrath had.

Hey.. MoP bosses had epic items.

Just kidding they don't exist.

Also um, is there anything to do with excess Lesser Charms of Good Fortune? And I mean excess. I have nearly 700.
I wish... I have 6000+.

JCizzle

They don't have to be 100% drop mind, and that would probably be for the better. But MoP and Cata dungeons lacked that slight bit of loot flavor BC and Wrath had.

And/or Chaos/Frozen/etc. orbs. Just something other than oh, Valor Points, and Justice Points which aren't even useful for anything besides Heirlooms in the current state of the game.

Honestly, badges were more fun.

Yes. YESSSS. So agreed.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
So anyone else think trolls and female orcs look a thousand times better in rogue gear than undead and blood elves? Even though that's all everyone plays.

Wish the Shattered Hand got more lore play instead of deathstalkers, deathstalkers, deathstalkers.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!

And/or Chaos/Frozen/etc. orbs. Just something other than oh, Valor Points, and Justice Points which aren't even useful for anything besides Heirlooms in the current state of the game.

Honestly, badges were more fun.

Some MoP heroic end bosses have that.... too bad the droprate is like 0.5% or something... i swear I never saw them.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
You know what's confusing as shit about WoW? Accents.

For example, I used to think 'ok they talk normal in quest dialogue, so people don't get confused, but their in-game talking uses the accents.' But then I get to Vol'Jin and he's da and yarself and everything. But you look at Stormcaller Dwarf chick from Cataclysm, and in her quest dialogue she talks normal but in person she's accenting up a storm. A lot of the non-Vol'Jin npcs are the same way
Lol, herbalism is very easy. Just fly around Valled of the Four Winds, and you can get from 1 to 500 in a few hours.
Not if you're trying to level a crafting profession. For whatever reason they decided in MoP that you can grind fishing, cooking, and all gathering from 1 to max in Pandaria.... Just not crafting. You have to get to 500 first.

Also taking my 510 geared prot warrior and 508 geared DK through Timeless Isle and then leveling a Hunter and Lock with fresh gear really puts into perspective how unfairly skewed the place is to pet classes. Gulp Frogs, even with kiting them, bring my warrior to 50% health and that's with Epicurean+Stamina food. My Void Walker never goes below 90%

Tamanon

Banned
Anything powered by Herbalism is still tons easier to level than Leatherworking, if only because it only requires one or two herbs, and not an entire stack of leather.

Khezu

Hopefully with the new talent that gives perma Doomguard and Infernal, they update the Doomguards model a bit.

Nothing crazy, but he has aged the worst out of all the vanilla demons, even the terror guard doesn't look that great.

Infernal and the red version are mostly fine I guess.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'm wondering if I should just race change my goblin to troll now or wait til the new models are shown because I know it's happening either way.

Even though racials don't matter much in the long run, it just sucks that goblin hunters get NOTHING from rocket jump Other than being able to jump from the bank in the shrine to the portals with disengage

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I'm wondering if I should just race change my goblin to troll now or wait til the new models are shown because I know it's happening either way.

Even though racials don't matter much in the long run, it just sucks that goblin hunters get NOTHING from rocket jump Other than being able to jump from the bank in the shrine to the portals with disengage

Troll hunter is best in life. I changed mine from goblin just for aesthetics and it made me enjoy the character a lot more.

Troll hunter is best in life. I changed mine from goblin just for aesthetics and it made me enjoy the character a lot more.

I just made a Troll hunter. Rolled an Orc, got him to 14 or so, decided I had too many Orcs and Trolls were awesome as hunters, so yeah.

My other abandoned hunter is a Blood Elf - he was my first "real" character, but I never really liked him that much before too long.

ZenaxPure

Some MoP heroic end bosses have that.... too bad the droprate is like 0.5% or something... i swear I never saw them.

I only saw one of the epic weapons from the 5 man bosses through the expansion, but, then again I also avoided the 5 mans as much as I could since they were easy and boring.

Peachpies

someone in our guild got the healer mace from temple of the jade serpent the first week of MoP but the first 5 man epic I saw was the ring from Scarlet Halls about 2 weeks ago.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Got a shimmering wyrmling companion pet from LFR. Wonder if I can sell it

Also, what's up with LFR and DK tanks? Always DK tanks in these things.

Dicer

Banned
Woke up to notice I had been hacked, they moved/stripped a bunch of my toons... I put in my ticket...and now I wait, nice timing.\

Merry Xmas.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Did you have an authenticator?

Yeah, I'm race changing, but it's really tempting to go Pandaren for dat epicurean and bouncy for BGs.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Woke up to notice I had been hacked, they moved/stripped a bunch of my toons... I put in my ticket...and now I wait, nice timing.\

Merry Xmas.

If you don't have one of the many free authenticatiors by now you have no one to blame but yourself.

Khezu

Did they nerf Mannaroths Fury?

I vaguely remember it being a passive effect at one point. At least that's what I remember from the MoP beta.

Rokam

Does anyone on Stormrage have blacksmithing by chance? Need to find someone who can make me a Sulfuron Hammer, will provide the Ingot for the recipe, just want to find someone trustworthy.

First World of Warcraft problems: Ran Flex 1 via OpenRaid, got upgrade shoulders, said shoulders break 4-piece bonus :(

Guess I just hope to get gloves from Nazgrim or Garrosh this week from LFR so I can use the new shoulders. Spent two tokens on Norushen and Sha of Pride and got nothing for the extra rolls :/

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Set Survival as my second spec. Surprised reforge wanted me to reforge. Guess it makes sense though. Different stat priorities.

Ultratech

Does anyone on Stormrage have blacksmithing by chance? Need to find someone who can make me a Sulfuron Hammer, will provide the Ingot for the recipe, just want to find someone trustworthy.

Been working on making that on my DK.

Got pretty much everything but 5 Ingots and 5 Bloods.

I could probably buy the rest of 'em, but I still gotta get the damn Eye off Rag, as well as the 2nd Binding off Garr that will never drop.

Yup! Troll Hunter is best Hunter. :D

Give 'em a Bow, and it's the best thing ever. Only bad thing is that a good chunk of Helms look bad/weird on Males.
(Later expansions improved on that a bit, but it was totally true during Vanilla/BC.)

Fjordson

Yeah, troll hunters are awesome. And their racials are great for hunters as well.

Though I guess the extra 1% expertise with ranged weapons will be meaningless in WoD. Same goes for that racial on Dwarves (which is what my hunter is).

I'm very LttP with MoP. Playing Hearthstone made me want to check out WoW again. I lvld my first 90 last week, a druid (something I always enjoyed playing from vanilla up to wotlk, I've hardly touched cataclysm), but now I feel a lot less excited to play her. It's basically grinding heroics and doing dailies for points to gear up for raiding or if I want to PvP, grind honor to be of any significance (gap seems much larger than I remember). I don't mind grinding, but it just doesn't feel like alot of fun. I remember heroics actually took effort and felt more rewarding, but right now everyone is racing through them (I know this has to do with me being late).
So I'm debating wether I should continue and check out raiding or spend my points on heirlooms and level new characters for the next expansion, so at least I'll be there ready from the start (which could offer what I'm missing right now) with a bigger selection.

Fjordson

I'm very LttP with MoP. Playing Hearthstone made me want to check out WoW again. I lvld my first 90 last week, a druid (something I always enjoyed playing from vanilla up to wotlk, I've hardly touched cataclysm), but now I feel a lot less excited to play her. It's basically grinding heroics and doing dailies for points to gear up for raiding or if I want to PvP, grind honor to be of any significance (gap seems much larger than I remember). I don't mind grinding, but it just doesn't feel like alot of fun. I remember heroics actually took effort and felt more rewarding, but right now everyone is racing through them (I know this has to do with me being late).
So I'm debating wether I should continue and check out raiding or spend my points on heirlooms and level new characters for the next expansion, so at least I'll be there ready from the start (which could offer what I'm missing right now) with a bigger selection.
Hmm. Tough to say. The end-game content in MoP is some of the best WoW has seen in a while, but I can definitely see how getting prepared for and going through it all won't be as enjoyable at this point because people are just rushing to get to the final raid (Siege of Orgrimmar).

And yeah, forget about heroics being rewarding :lol people are unfathomably overgeared for those at this point.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I really hope the 'learn your abilities' thing for the granted 90 is REALLY indepth.

Because I just tried to return to my monk and play him as mistweaver and that shit has so many buttons and things you need to do. Even going through every single one and checking icy veins it was still confusing.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I really hope the 'learn your abilities' thing for the granted 90 is REALLY indepth.

Because I just tried to return to my monk and play him as mistweaver and that shit has so many buttons and things you need to do. Even going through every single one and checking icy veins it was still confusing.

This is basically me trying to learn Moonkin at 90 after playing exclusively feral from 1-90.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Yeah, troll hunters are awesome. And their racials are great for hunters as well.

Though I guess the extra 1% expertise with ranged weapons will be meaningless in WoD. Same goes for that racial on Dwarves (which is what my hunter is).

It will probably be changed back to crit, I guess.

Rokam

I am starting to get worried about I bought 1 month via local store on saturday and my sub still dont get renewed.

If you're getting the message about game time running out soon, ignore it. I still had nearly a full month left and I got a notification my game time was up in 30 minutes. Just check on your battle.net account for the actual time you have left.

And regarding bear run, I'll help you if you're ally.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Go ahead and add me Burbles#1872 if you're US. I'm usually horde, but I have a 90 DK I can use as well since it's just account bound

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Managed to get mine. Had 2 wipes and Carbon wasn't geared at all, and my Lock was barely geared, and we still got it. It's stupid easy with timeless gear just watch something like http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-smdwLPSV8 to get an idea of the route to take, and it's simple.

If anyone wants me to help, I don't mind. I've got a 90 DK on Ally who's not saved and a prot warrior who's not saved. I need to get Mojo anyways

Yeah obviously that Warrior wasn't ideal but I needed a bag on him :p

Chagned talents from Enduring Victory to Second Wind partway through as well.

Just Timeless gear or whatever should be enough for someone to duo if not solo it.

Onyxia has a bag.

There's also one in the Forge of Souls dungeon, but it's not a guaranteed drop. Regular is 20, Heroic is 22 slots I think.

And Sarth always has a bag on 25, you don't need to do 3D, but there's kind of no reason not to do 3D these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom