• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.

cdyhybrid

aiDLI1b.png

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Is there an easy way to get a new epic weapon for a fresh 90, outside of LFR (which rely too much of RNG)?

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Is there an easy way to get a new epic weapon for a fresh 90, outside of LFR (which rely too much of RNG)?

I got lucky in LFR and scored a good weapon in the first part of Siege of Orgrimarr.

I think the only other way to get one is to do a bunch of PvP for Honor.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
How much is 2h weapon with honor? And i think i heard that honor from BGs is really shit since 6.0 if you're not in a winning game, true? I havent played BGs for a while.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
How much is 2h weapon with honor? And i think i heard that honor from BGs is really shit since 6.0 if you're not in a winning game, true? I havent played BGs for a while.

It's a lot. I think like 3,500 for a 2h weapon.

I don't ever do PvP, but isn't it like 300 honor per win or something depending on the BG?

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Pvp? Y'all nuts? Get to frog farming and buy it, only 20k coins. Takes like an hour tops in a group.

Fjordson

Got through Dragon Soul on my shaman. Definitely adding DS to my weekly mount farm. Went even quicker than on my hunter. Guess enhance's burst is just better. Spine was sort of annoying as melee, but not too bad.

Magnus

Any of you on Sargeras and able to invite me to a guild there in a social role (and for the perks)?

I have a hankering to try out a Dwarf again and would love to be on a busy Alliance server. Suramar (my Alliance home) is so dead

StMeph

Best weapons? Garrosh heirloom (find or buy a group) or S15 weapon with Honor.

Easiest weapons? Timeless Isle (need lesser charms anyway) or run LFR+roll.

Jag

As other said, join a 5man frog farm group and rack up the coins. Easiest way to get a weap for a fresh 90.

vilmer_

Possible new weapon transmog. Was rockin' the Spellfire Longsword for a bit too long and everyone seems to be using it now *shakes fist*

iv0EJU69OtAyj.jpg

Hey guys I got a question. I haven't played since before transmorgification or whatever its called came out and really don't want to return to my pally, was thinking about rolling a DK.....but I was wondering are mounts transferable or accessible on alts? I had some pretty neat drakes and would like to use them on any alt I create.

Thanks!

Entropia

No One Remembers
Hey guys I got a question. I haven't played since before transmorgification or whatever its called came out and really don't want to return to my pally, was thinking about rolling a DK.....but I was wondering are mounts transferable or accessible on alts? I had some pretty neat drakes and would like to use them on any alt I create.

Thanks!

Yup. Mounts and pets are account-bound (minus PvP mounts). So your alts would be able to use any of them.

lazygecko

Thanks!

Mounts, pets, and now toys (meaning most fun vanity items) now use a system that lets you access them on any character on your account, save for faction-specific ones.

Wunder

Anyone play on Thrall-US? Thinking about transferring there since my server is mostly a ghost-town for Horde. Seems big and active, but not too big with queue times.

late reply, but I play on Thrall! I'm in EU though, so my timezones might not line up. PM me if you want my character code and we can hang out

Yup. Mounts and pets are account-bound (minus PvP mounts). So your alts would be able to use any of them.

Mounts, pets, and now toys (meaning most fun vanity items) now use a system that lets you access them on any character on your account, save for faction-specific ones.

Thanks guys.

Now to find a realm to transfer to, my old guild is somewhere else and pretty much dead so time to noob it up....its been so long :/

cdyhybrid

Any clever ways to be able to invite your own alts to your guild? Like is there a way to make a free account that I can use to invite the character on my main account?

JCizzle

Just started a tank DK after not playing him for a long ass time. They've taken away so many cool looking spells since WotLK launched :(

Getting back into the tanking game is a bit of a mind fuck though. Finally getting a feel for the rotation though so i can smooth spikes.

cdyhybrid

Alt-itis striking again. I didn't need my bank alt anymore with the changes to reagent stacking and storage, so I deleted it and made an Orc Shaman. I was inspired by that transmog armor that drops from the Dark Shaman. Plus, with such a big focus on Orcs in the new expansion, I have to imagine that there will be more awesome armor for Shaman.

Wish we had one more character slot. I have one of every class but Druid on this server, and I can't make anymore chars.

Alt-itis striking again. I didn't need my bank alt anymore with the changes to reagent stacking and storage, so I deleted it and made an Orc Shaman. I was inspired by that transmog armor that drops from the Dark Shaman. Plus, with such a big focus on Orcs in the new expansion, I have to imagine that there will be more awesome armor for Shaman.

Wish we had one more character slot. I have one of every class but Druid on this server, and I can't make anymore chars.

You get 11 character slots per server since Mists with the addition of monks. Enough for one of each class.

Still a 50 character limit per account, though you'll realistically never make full use of that many.

Bonus fact though - if you're on a merged server group, you can technically have 22 (or 33, etc.) effective characters per realm. Can be nice if you want to baron the AH with a massive army of alts. Though 9 90s and a bank alt I'll probably level eventually is already pushing it for me.

Not sure if I ever want to make a monk on my home server or save the last slot for a second DK (main) or something.

cdyhybrid

You get 11 character slots per server since Mists with the addition of monks. Enough for one of each class.

Still a 50 character limit per account, though you'll realistically never make full use of that many.

Bonus fact though - if you're on a merged server group, you can technically have 22 (or 33, etc.) effective characters per realm. Can be nice if you want to baron the AH with a massive army of alts. Though 9 90s and a bank alt I'll probably level eventually is already pushing it for me.

Not sure if I ever want to make a monk on my home server or save the last slot for a second DK (main) or something.

Yeah, just realized that. I just tried to restore my level 20 druid that I deleted, but I got an error of some sort T.T and now I can't restore a deleted character for another 29 days.

Fjordson

What is with the end bosses in WotLK raids with bullshit mechanics? Yogg-Saron was super busy and The Lich King seems to have the meanest kick around and sends me flying to my death in 1 hit...

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
What is with the end bosses in WotLK raids with bullshit mechanics? Yogg-Saron was super busy and The Lich King seems to have the meanest kick around and sends me flying to my death in 1 hit...

Do you actually know the mechanics of the fight? You're dying to ice orbs. Don't see how it's "bullshit."

Yogg was awesome in WotLK. Lich King wasn't that crazy in normal but you're doing heroic. Just have to be really quick to react.

Veitsev

You need to stand with your back to the bottom of the stairs for LK and kill ice spheres before they hit you.

After flying around enough for two halloween cats on two alts I have to say that Wrath Alliance town design is probably the peak of Blizzard's Art team in making cities look both designed and lived-in. The inns, the town halls, the little villages that dot the landscape, it fits so damn well in the landscape. It's a huge step up from the alien weirdness of Outland and the variety of civilizations present sets it apart from the Mogu/Pandaren-dominated zones of Mists.

Wrath zones > your favorite zone.

A bigger annoyance for me with WotLK raid bosses is the number that are unsoloable due to mechanics. I went into Ulduar last night. Soloed all of heroic 25 as protection warrior except for 2 that weren't soloable, and not due to just being hard, but just literally impossible. Thorin because you need to split into 2 groups, and Mimiron because you can't hit his head during 4th phase as melee. Shit like that just pisses me off.

Edit: Actually I couldn't solo Algalon either, but only because I didn't have high enough DPS. As long as you can kill him in <120 seconds or so, you're ok.

Peachpies

A bigger annoyance for me with WotLK raid bosses is the number that are unsoloable due to mechanics. I went into Ulduar last night. Soloed all of heroic 25 as protection warrior except for 2 that weren't soloable, and not due to just being hard, but just literally impossible. Thorin because you need to split into 2 groups, and Mimiron because you can't hit his head during 4th phase as melee. Shit like that just pisses me off.

Edit: Actually I couldn't solo Algalon either, but only because I didn't have high enough DPS. As long as you can kill him in <120 seconds or so, you're ok.
thorim will not wipe the group if you go up the tunnel anymore and there are melee abilities that hit the head on mimiron

Do you actually know the mechanics of the fight? You're dying to ice orbs. Don't see how it's "bullshit."

My DBM does not work, so you'll have to forgive me if I haven't seen that mechanic before, I've never noticed them to in previous non heroic modes.

You need to stand with your back to the bottom of the stairs for LK and kill ice spheres before they hit you.

I'll give that a go on my final run before bed, thanks.

My DBM does not work, so you'll have to forgive me if I haven't seen that mechanic before, I've never noticed them to in previous non heroic modes.

I think shadow trap has a castbar and if it doesn't, it's a black 'spark' on the ground that you need to move out of ASAP or it blows you off the platform. If you go back and watch old 25M heroic videos you see the LK being slowly kited around during the first phase. The group is avoiding shadow traps.

I think shadow trap has a castbar and if it doesn't, it's a black 'spark' on the ground that you need to move out of ASAP or it blows you off the platform. If you go back and watch old 25M heroic videos you see the LK being slowly kited around during the first phase. The group is avoiding shadow traps.

Yeah it was those pesky shadow traps that we knocking me off. Its a pain that DBM will not work for me at the moment...

But I just downed him on 10m HC. 3 Achievements left to get that 10 man mount, shame I'll need to recruit a healer to help me do the dragon.

Fjordson

Yeah it was those pesky shadow traps that we knocking me off. Its a pain that DBM will not work for me at the moment...

But I just downed him on 10m HC. 3 Achievements left to get that 10 man mount, shame I'll need to recruit a healer to help me do the dragon.
Are you alliance?

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
What's the "best" healing class? I'm thinking about rolling up an alt and want to be able to get instant groups in dungeons and still perform well.

Are you alliance?

Horde Eu sadly, I used to be Alliance but moved my main to my new boosted characters server.

What's the "best" healing class? I'm thinking about rolling up an alt and want to be able to get instant groups in dungeons and still perform well.

There all pretty fun and have different styles of healing. If you're going to be healing dungeons to level then you should get a good grasp of the class 1-90.

Man.....looking at all my addons and seeing pretty much everything out of date.

So since it's been 4 years since I've last played, what are the essentials? I have Bagnon, Bartender, MoveAnything, Omen3, Prat, Recount, and I think that's all that's active at the moment for me. I see Spellflash is enabled but the one for DK is out of date and unable to load. I forget, will just the basic Spellflash work fine or is there a new addon that's out there?

So yeah....what are the basic addons nowadays and especially for DKs?

TheYanger

Then what killed me? I went in the tunnel and within 10 seconds I was insta-killed, despite the fact that the mobs could barely scratch me.

I mean, it's certainly possible that it's buggy or something. But it's definitely 'soloable' and has been, so you should be able to try it again or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom