• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.

grimmiq

After finding out about the Aus servers going up (Finally) I've decided to give this another go..Is there a GAF oceanic server?

Nyx

So, my first weekend of WoW in a very long time…

Had some great fun, it was pretty weird to join raids with the LFR tool and notice it was a faceroll, the last raids I did before that were BWL40 and AQ40 back in the day so it was a big adjustment haha.
Finished the pre-WoD questline in Blasted Lands too and am grinding mobs on the Timeless Isle.

Replaced 8 of my boosted 90 set items already in 2 days, that is pretty cool.
Just looking for some good Rogue swords now, when solo-ing I use a Combat build and for that I want some new swords, any suggestions? (preferably solo-able)

Repo Man

Replaced 8 of my boosted 90 set items already in 2 days, that is pretty cool.
Just looking for some good Rogue swords now, when solo-ing I use a Combat build and for that I want some new swords, any suggestions? (preferably solo-able)

Might not be your cup of tea but I'd say go pvp and buy weapons from the vendors. Takes rng out of the equation.

StayDead

After flying around enough for two halloween cats on two alts I have to say that Wrath Alliance town design is probably the peak of Blizzard's Art team in making cities look both designed and lived-in. The inns, the town halls, the little villages that dot the landscape, it fits so damn well in the landscape. It's a huge step up from the alien weirdness of Outland and the variety of civilizations present sets it apart from the Mogu/Pandaren-dominated zones of Mists.

Wrath zones > your favorite zone.

The design of Wrath zones was amazing, especially Zul'drak. The only problem is that Northrend is so huge that it takes forever to get anywhere.

We can agree on this.

Yup, 4 characters a day, no drop X_X

Hixx

Magic Brooms are the best though.

Instant cast mount
p0QHO.gif
Makes levelling archaeology just that bit quicker.

Skab

Wooooo just got my Headless Horseman's Mount!

Clearly Blizzard is trying to make it up to me for never dropping the Karazhan mount.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
Anyone got that guide for newly dinged 90s again? Was posted a few days back

Here's my tried and tested guide to new 90s for patch 6.0, assuming your simple goal is to grab a BOA before xpac.

-if you have spare gold/honor like most people do step 1, if not, skip to step 2-

1. Feel free to let go of some of your gold on some 500+ pieces in Townlong. Similarly, grab any 550 gear you want from the pvp vendors.

2. Go to Timeless Isle and do the quests/sneak your way into a frog group. Farm for 30 mins and you will fill out your entire armor set with drops for your class.

3. At 496 you can either:
a) LFR SoO to get 520+ gear. You can do start to finish in about 2 hours with most groups.
b) Keep farming frogs to get charms and upgrade any 500+ gear to squeeze out ilvl. If you plan to do LFR you should do this anyway for seals.

4. Once you hit 510 you can now run UBRS and fill out slots in 550 gear if you still need to.

Extra bonus tip: Farm Headless Horseman now until you get a few of the ~540 pieces.

Your goal is basically to get around ~530-550 so you can get into a garry kill group on normal. If you want heroic, you'll definitely need at least 550. I took me about 2 days to get my fresh 90 sham to 525 and I main healed garry on normal at 527 for my boa. If you're anything but heals/tank you'll want to squeeze all the ilvl you can because that's all they really have to go on for dps.

Nyx

1. Feel free to let go of some of your gold on some 500+ pieces in Townlong. Similarly, grab any 550 gear you want from the pvp vendors..

Can you buy gear with gold nowadays? (from vendors that is)

Which vendor(s) do I need to visit in Townlong? (mind you, I have never been there)

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
Can you buy gear with gold nowadays? (from vendors that is)

Which vendor(s) do I need to visit in Townlong? (mind you, I have never been there)

The vendors have been converted to gold. You want to go here:
http://www.wowwiki.com/Niuzao_Temple

There's a marker on your map too.

btw when I see spare gold I mean you have minimum 25k and don't mind burning 1-2k. If you have anything less it's not really worth it (well, it's your time so you make that call) since the gold will be better spent in WoD.

Rizzi

If you do one run through the first part of Throne of Thunder in LFR then you will reach friendly with the Shado Pan Assault faction and be able to buy most of their 522 stuff.

I'm an expert

If you do one run through the first part of Throne of Thunder in LFR then you will reach friendly with the Shado Pan Assault faction and be able to buy most of their 522 stuff.

Rizzi is right, totally forgot if you're really fresh you'll just need to hit friendly. This is pretty easy and you can get some loot from ToT as well. Also forgot to add in you can do a quick world boss run if you want as well and you my get lucky and get something 500+ from Oon.

Ultratech

Rizzi is right, totally forgot if you're really fresh you'll just need to hit friendly. This is pretty easy and you can get some loot from ToT as well. Also forgot to add in you can do a quick world boss run if you want as well and you my get lucky and get something 500+ from Oon.

Plus you can do the Blasted Lands quests going on right now and get a few pieces of 515 gear and a 520 Trinket, and they're fairly easy to do.

I'm an expert

Plus you can do the Blasted Lands quests going on right now and get a few pieces of 515 gear and a 520 Trinket, and they're fairly easy to do.

also correct! they fixed the no loot bugs so youll get some 515ish garbage but what you really want is the trinket. takes like 20 mins for the whole line.

Godan

So with me and a friend starting to play this really for the first time last week we got to about level 25 - 26. Should we do any dungeons just now or just focus on questing to level?

So with me and a friend starting to play this really for the first time last week we got to about level 25 - 26. Should we do any dungeons just now or just focus on questing to level?
Whatever you feel like, really. You gain a lot of xp from dungeons and their quests, though. Especially at that level, you'll probably get a level up or so off of each dungeon the first time you so them.

Nyx

I don't think Throne of Thunder was available in the Raid Finder?

There were 4 available when I started and I think one unlocked (Nightmare of Something Something) after downing some bosses in another.

Not at my PC atm so can't check the real names...

I did finish that Blasted Lands questline btw and got the trinket.

This is my current gear : http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/tarren-mill/Evylle/simple

tmespe

I don't think Throne of Thunder was available in the Raid Finder?

There were 4 available when I started and I think one unlocked (Nightmare of Something Something) after downing some bosses in another.

Not at my PC atm so can't check the real names...

I did finish that Blasted Lands questline btw and got the trinket.

This is my current gear : http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/tarren-mill/Evylle/simple

LFR splits the raids into different wings. The one you want is called "Last Stand of the Zandalari". See below for an overview of the wings:

Mogushan Vaults: Guardians of Mogu'shan and The Vault of Mysteries

Heart of Fear: The Dread Approach and Nightmare of Shek'zeer

Terrace of Endless Spring (single raid wing)

Throne of Thunder: Last Stand of the Zandalari, Forgotten Depths, Halls of Flesh-Shaping and Pinnacle of Storms

Siege of Orgrimmar: Vale of Eternal Sorrow, Gates of Retribution, The Underhold and Downfall

Nyx

LFR splits the raids into different wings. The one you want is called "Last Stand of the Zandalari". See below for an overview of the wings:

Mogushan Vaults: Guardians of Mogu'shan and The Vault of Mysteries

Heart of Fear: The Dread Approach and Nightmare of Shek'zeer

Terrace of Endless Spring (single raid wing)

Throne of Thunder: Last Stand of the Zandalari, Forgotten Depths, Halls of Flesh-Shaping and Pinnacle of Storms

Siege of Orgrimmar: Vale of Eternal Sorrow, Gates of Retribution, The Underhold and Downfall

Ah ok! Thanks for clearing that up!

StayDead

13 hours 50 minutes! It took me 12 hours to get my undead mage, my old main a month after TBC came out 12 hoours to get to level 12. Now I got to level 60 in that time nearly. Wow.

Here's my character currently:

Missing the goldweave tunic for my proper transmog alongside an argent tabard, but I'll get those. I think she looks cool so far <3

Magnus

I love transmog so much. Single-handedly brought me back in 4.3. Such an excellent idea and well-executed, too. It's great to see everyone look different now.

All that said, every time I attempt to fiddle with my main's xmog (Priest), I invariably go right back to what it was within an hour. I love it too much:

(I'm really psyched to see the tweaked and updated Blood Elf models - likely at Blizzcon)

13 hours 50 minutes! It took me 12 hours to get my undead mage, my old main a month after TBC came out 12 hoours to get to level 12. Now I got to level 60 in that time nearly. Wow.

Here's my character currently:

Missing the goldweave tunic for my proper transmog alongside an argent tabard, but I'll get those. I think she looks cool so far <3

Are you serious....even with all the increases to levelling speed on offer, 14 hours to level 60 still seems so much faster than I could ever do it.

What was your trick? Did you stick to questing, or have any help grinding dungeons repeatedly from capped friends?

(Obviously full heirlooms and perks)

glaurung

(I'm really psyched to see the tweaked and updated Blood Elf models - likely at Blizzcon)
Wait, are they still going to update the blood elf models? I thought those were going to stay as-is.
Are you serious....even with all the increases to levelling speed on offer, 14 hours to level 60 still seems so much faster than I could ever do it.

What was your trick? Did you stick to questing, or have any help grinding dungeons repeatedly from capped friends?

Easiest way to quick-level: full heirloom set, heirloom trinkets and rings and 300% experience elixirs.

Just keep hitting up dungeons and you'll outlevel them faster than they open up.

lazygecko

Leveling has been super nerfed across the board and is probably on a linear scale now all the way from 1-90. I managed to level my old WotLK priest this saturday and sunday from 80-90. Going from 89 to 90 took about an hour just spamming dungeons.

Of course, when I hit 90 on my priest and did the horseman, the first thing I get is that damn helmet which continues to elude my warrior. Blizzard is just mocking me at this point.

On the flip side, I managed to get nearly all priest T1 pieces from Molten Core in just one single run (had amazingly bad luck with drops for my other chars' transmog runs). Just missing the shoulders.

Magnus

Wait, are they still going to update the blood elf models? I thought those were going to stay as-is.

Yep! Just my conjecture that it'll be at Blizzcon along with 6.1 previews. And frankly, I'm kind of stoked that they're not rushing them to make WoD launch. Makes me imagine they'll really get some serious love and attention and be their own thing when they launch sometime soon (tm)

Blizzard would catch way too much heat if they didn't update only one of the pre-Cata races.

Easiest way to quick-level: full heirloom set, heirloom trinkets and rings and 300% experience elixirs.

Just keep hitting up dungeons and you'll outlevel them faster than they open up.

Rings are out of my reach; I no fish.

And whaaaa @300% experience elixirs?? What the fuck are those? I thought there was a rare drop off of Archerius on TL for a 1hr 100% bonus exp elixir, but that doesn't seem like something you could farm very practically.

Where do you get a lot of 300% ones ?

StayDead

Heirlooms (without the rings), no XP boost elixir but the 10% boost from the hallows end bonfire. From there I just random queued for dungeons as a disc priest and stayed in groups that were good and left ones that were bad as I got instantly in anyway!

Here's my tried and tested guide to new 90s for patch 6.0, assuming your simple goal is to grab a BOA before xpac.

-if you have spare gold/honor like most people do step 1, if not, skip to step 2-

1. Feel free to let go of some of your gold on some 500+ pieces in Townlong. Similarly, grab any 550 gear you want from the pvp vendors.

2. Go to Timeless Isle and do the quests/sneak your way into a frog group. Farm for 30 mins and you will fill out your entire armor set with drops for your class.

3. At 496 you can either:
a) LFR SoO to get 520+ gear. You can do start to finish in about 2 hours with most groups.
b) Keep farming frogs to get charms and upgrade any 500+ gear to squeeze out ilvl. If you plan to do LFR you should do this anyway for seals.

4. Once you hit 510 you can now run UBRS and fill out slots in 550 gear if you still need to.

Extra bonus tip: Farm Headless Horseman now until you get a few of the ~540 pieces.

Your goal is basically to get around ~530-550 so you can get into a garry kill group on normal. If you want heroic, you'll definitely need at least 550. I took me about 2 days to get my fresh 90 sham to 525 and I main healed garry on normal at 527 for my boa. If you're anything but heals/tank you'll want to squeeze all the ilvl you can because that's all they really have to go on for dps.

Cool. Thank you for this!

Is there less incentive to get a really high ilvl as a tank then, compared to dps? Cause I have a warrior

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
I don't think Velen actually dies in this scene, it seems like he fuses with that Naaru. Though I'm unsure if this is explained more thoroughly in a book or some later quest, albeit I have completed most quests of the leveling experience, so I could be wrong.

strafer

Rösti;136103815 said:
I don't think Velen actually dies in this scene, it seems like he fuses with that Naaru. Though I'm unsure if this is explained more thoroughly in a book or some later quest, albeit I have completed most quests of the leveling experience, so I could be wrong.

Nah, he's gone.

He gave her the mark.

StayDead

Would people mind marking what their spoilers are please? I'm not too worried about it but someone might think it's something else, open it and complain they've had something spoilt for them.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Would people mind marking what their spoilers are please? I'm not too worried about it but someone might think it's something else, open it and complain they've had something spoilt for them.

It's about what happen with Velen (Draenei leader) in the expansion. Some major spoilers i guess if you care about the story.

StayDead

It's about what happen with Velen (Draenei leader) in the expansion. Some major spoilers i guess if you care about the story.

Yeah that's what I'm saying. I read it, I mean I didn't want to know about the story but it doesn't bother me so much, but it'd be nice if people mentioned if a spoiler was do with story/mechanics or something when they posted it :> just a suggestion is all.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Yeah that's what I'm saying. I read it, I mean I didn't want to know about the story but it doesn't bother me so much, but it'd be nice if people mentioned if a spoiler was do with story/mechanics or something when they posted it :> just a suggestion is all.

I doubt people would spoil mechanics in a WoW thread. It's always about story.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom