• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
There have been more than a couple beta patches for WoD even since 6.0.2 hit. I think a patch and maintenance are a pretty safe bet.

We’re planning to release a patch tomorrow that will bring the live game up-to-date with the version currently being tested on the beta realms. This includes a number of fixes and changes to address issues we've identified since the release of 6.0.2, as well as remaining assets and content to prepare for the launch of Warlords of Draenor. As we've done in prior expansions, our plan is to not require a launch-day patch, and have a smooth transition to the new expansion in North America at midnight Pacific on November 13.

Nope. 13th is a Thursday. No maintenance.

Fjordson

So do you not roll on gear in UBRS? Done it three times now and none of the bosses have dropped anything. Just gold. Not sure if I'm missing something here.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Are there any details on when Draenor will open on the EU servers? It's midnight (00.01 a.m.) Pacific time on the 13th, so I assume it'll be 09.01 in Europe, like it was for Mists of Pandaria.

vocab

So do you not roll on gear in UBRS? Done it three times now and none of the bosses have dropped anything. Just gold. Not sure if I'm missing something here.

personal loot only. it feels like a waste of time for some classes. I have done it like 10 times and have never seen anything for str users outside the gloves.

Fjordson

We can still do the green fire quest? I only started playing again recently and I'd love to do this on my Lock. The tome is going for a cool 25k though :lol
Definitely still can. I just finished mine over the weekend.

You can, you just missed out on a title afaik.
I did it on Saturday and still got a feat of strength and the title, so it seems like they changed their minds on that. And the feat of strength says to finish "before the expedition to Draenor" so I guess WoD's launch is the new cutoff.

personal loot only. it feels like a waste of time for some classes. I have done it like 10 times and have never seen anything for str users outside the gloves.
Ah okay. Weird. I haven't seen a single boss drop anything in three runs :lol not huge a deal, but I thought maybe it was broken or something.

strafer

The stars really did align when they made Algalon the Observer.

Everything is just epic.

From the boss design.
The encounter itself.
The location.
The speech.

Wonder if we will ever see him again.

Loxley

Everything is just epic.

From the boss design.
The encounter itself.
The location.
The speech.

I did that fight for the first time a couple days ago (solo, granted) and I agree, it was a really cool encounter.

Fjordson

Everything is just epic.

From the boss design.
The encounter itself.
The location.
The speech.

Totally agreed. Algalon is great. And he gave me the title that I've been using since Wrath on all my toons (Herald of the Titans).

Algalon was incredibly well tuned. And don't forget that you only had an hour to work on him each week, so the race to world first at the time was quite exciting because guilds couldn't just smash their heads against him indefinitely until he was downed.

Ulduar was really special and I doubt they'll ever create a raid as wholly realized (for lack of a better term) again. I've said it a dozen times, but the hard mode encounters through mechanics were completely immersing, compared to the UI toggle implemented in ToC and beyond. That's half of what made it great, even if it would have been an extremely challenging if not impossible design task to carry on for every raid tier thereafter.

ampere

Weird, are you in NA? I haven't had much issues since the first few days(think i got disconnected once during a Lich King fight last week.)

I'm in NA, I've had a ton of problems since 6.0.

Lots of "character not found" and not being able to log in. Being placed a random faraway graveyards on timeless isle, lag spikes and general unplayability.

It's been pretty awful, a few guildies have had the same issues.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member

Everything is just epic.

From the boss design.
The encounter itself.
The location.
The speech.

Agreed, blew my mind the first time I did it. That fight and LK are my favorites in the game. WotLK was so good.

Hixx

Rösti;136149229 said:
Are there any details on when Draenor will open on the EU servers? It's midnight (00.01 a.m.) Pacific time on the 13th, so I assume it'll be 09.01 in Europe, like it was for Mists of Pandaria.

MoP was open at midnight server time... I remember starting the quests at like 11pm in the UK. Can't imagine WoD being any different.

Algalon was incredibly well tuned. And don't forget that you only had an hour to work on him each week, so the race to world first at the time was quite exciting because guilds couldn't just smash their heads against him indefinitely until he was downed.
Do you still have to go through the attunement quest to access him?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
do you need to do anything for the 7 free days or is your account just activated if you are unsubbed?

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
MoP was open at midnight server time... I remember starting the quests at like 11pm in the UK. Can't imagine WoD being any different.
Then the information I read was incorrect. Hopefully Draenor will be open by midnight server time. :)

Jag

Rösti;136157950 said:
Then the information I read was incorrect. Hopefully Draenor will be open by midnight server time. :)

Northrend was. I was waiting at the boat dock at 11:59 and the boat appeared at 12 exactly. A few of us were the first ones over there. It was nerdly exciting.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Northrend was. I was waiting at the boat dock at 11:59 and the boat appeared at 12 exactly. A few of us were the first ones over there. It was nerdly exciting.
Yeah, same here. I remember getting to the XYZ boat beneath Dalaran Crater a few times instead of being sent to Northrend. Good times.

Atlantis

Haven't played since early Cata, but I jumped on last night and started leveling a Paladin on a new account to check out the new models and such.

I'm having a blast with the Pet Battles. Spent a lot of time just running around leveling and catching new critters. Gained a few levels just from that and leveling my Professions, lol.

Reached 15 before bed so I'll try a few dungeons tonight hopefully.

Dicer

Banned
It's not happening in NA, so it's gotta be just the EU servers not being taken care of.

If it is servers and not just you*

Since I have come back when I log on Latency is TERRIBLE, to the point it drags my whole machine down and not just wow, re-installed battle.net (still have that always needs to update issue) and ran with no addons in case that was an issue, WoW is simply unplayable at the moment, and I'm not alone...and of course support wants you to run the same mundane tests as always. I've had zero issues until now, Right here in the good ole USA, lol.

Hopefully they do something to fix it but it sucks when you can't play a game you pay time for...

Just sent my graphics card to get RMAed from EVGA, so I'm going to attempt to play WOW on an old laptop with a 2GHZ Core 2 Duo, 9600m GT, and 4GB of RAM. I wonder how it will perform on the lowest settings.

Number45

This is more of a Mac question than a WoW question, but as WoW hangs whenever I exit (completely fresh install) and from fullscreen mode I can't switch windows or show the desktop - anyone know a way to force quit the app? I've been shutting down (holding down the power button), but when I start up it automatically launches the app again. >_<

Didn't pick a great time to come back to the game it seems. :p

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
This is more of a Mac question than a WoW question, but as WoW hangs whenever I exit (completely fresh install) and from fullscreen mode I can't switch windows or show the desktop - anyone know a way to force quit the app? I've been shutting down (holding down the power button), but when I start up it automatically launches the app again. >_<

Didn't pick a great time to come back to the game it seems. :p
If you've ever been able to get to the desktop and launch programs, have you tried terminating the process via the Activity Monitor?

Does exiting the game via the ForceQuit or Quit commandos work without having the program freeze?

Number45

I assume that would all be possible, if I can get to the desktop (or any other app). While the app is running (now for example) I can do everything (including CMD+TAB to switch out) but as soon as I hit the quit button it hangs and I can't access anything else.

piratethingy

Self professed bad raider
I'm dying right now, can't figure out what to boost to 90...

I've got my Priest at 90 and I'll probably end up raiding on him this expansion, but it could be fun to try something new... maybe a DPS.

I've been thinking about mage but I'm not sure what Horde race I like for mages...

Rösti;136159135 said:
Yeah, same here. I remember getting to the XYZ boat beneath Dalaran Crater a few times instead of being sent to Northrend. Good times.

Was it Wrath or Cata launch where people were dying in dungeons, getting disconnected then logging in somewhere in Westfall?

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Was it Wrath or Cata launch where people were dying in dungeons, getting disconnected then logging in somewhere in Westfall?
I don't remember anything like that from Cataclysm launch, so probably Wrath of the Lich King. Though ending up in Westfall after being disconnected is quite common, it also happens if you die in certain spots where you are not supposed to be. It happened to me a while ago though I can't remember what I was doing.

strafer

Oh my god, it dropped,
on my Warlock

damncvq99.jpg

^Jeeeeeeeeeelous. You're going to make me run BT once again just in hope.

I'm dying right now, can't figure out what to boost to 90...

I've got my Priest at 90 and I'll probably end up raiding on him this expansion, but it could be fun to try something new... maybe a DPS.

I've been thinking about mage but I'm not sure what Horde race I like for mages...

I'd go for something that is dual spec, not soley DPS because the queues get tiresome. But hey thats just me, I have 7 90s and only 2 have been geared to raid SoO this expansion.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Any good guides on old raids to solo for cool mounts?

strafer

dammit, I wish they would update Atlasloot, I don't wanna go on Wowhead everytime I wanna check drops.

And they should add old raids to the Dungeon Journal.

dammit, I wish they would update Atlasloot, I don't wanna go on Wowhead everytime I wanna check drops.

And they should add old raids to the Dungeon Journal.

There's a beta update out. Doesn't have collections though, so you can't see tier, CM sets, etc. right now.

Just sent my graphics card to get RMAed from EVGA, so I'm going to attempt to play WOW on an old laptop with a 2GHZ Core 2 Duo, 9600m GT, and 4GB of RAM. I wonder how it will perform on the lowest settings.

Sounds exactly like my 5 year old MacBook Pro specs.

I mean you can login and like do daily CDs, but good luck doing anything remotely useful otherwise. Runs like shit. Shame really. Tried to raid a few weeks back when my graphics card on my main computer died but I was getting like 3-5 FPS in a 25-man.

That was an interesting experiment. Turned all settings to low or off such as AA, and I still only did 30-45fps. Goes to show you how much WOW has upgraded graphics. People that still tow the line "WOW can run on 7 year old hardware" should be ignored.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
cool activated my 7 days. hmm does WOW play nice with SLI? its the first time ive had 2 cards

edit: oh it has a actual nvidia SLI profile, cool :)

TheYanger

Rösti;136157950 said:

Yeah starting with MoP you don't even have to log out, it just will pop up like "Warlords is live!" (not those exact words) in chat and you'll be able to start going.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
I use this to keep track of where to farm, but as far as guides on how to actually solo the content, you'll have to find those separately.

The Cranky Tank has a good guide to what raids/dungeons drop mounts.

Even though its a warrior blog it's still a good resource to use.

Thanks! This is good stuff!

By the way, do all mounts have the same speed bonuses? Is the speed just tied to your riding skill?

Does anyone know what will happen to the portals in the Veil once WoD is released? Will it receive the same fate as Dalaran and have them removed?

Thanks! This is good stuff!

By the way, do all mounts have the same speed bonuses? Is the speed just tied to your riding skill?

Not too sure, I believe they changed the way mount speed works in 6.0.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
For a second there, I thought my WoW turned into some latin-related language. Turns out it's just a funny typo.
p21m4Lg.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom