• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can easily weed out shit applicants by how much effort they put into filling out an app.

I mean we have an easy to use template already setup FFS.

-__-

And SOOOOOO many people don't have logs. Which is less of an issue at the moment with pre-expansion recruitment, but it is kind of a stupidity filter when it tests their ability to download an app and run warcraft logs, even on an LFR or normal, whatever now. The worst/most hilarious is people adamant about NOT providing logs.

And I'm not even a recruitment officer or anything, I just peruse the apps for fun to see potential new guild members. Only comment rarely in a private discussion forum about apps.

I'm sure TheYanger and some of you others have seen some similar or worse shit though from people applying to high end raiding guilds.

StayDead

6.0.3 Patch Notes

That's nice of them.

Is that staying in forever, or should I rush back and buy it before it gets removed from the game?

And SOOOOOO many people don't have logs. Which is less of an issue at the moment with pre-expansion recruitment, but it is kind of a stupidity filter when it tests their ability to download an app and run warcraft logs, even on an LFR or normal, whatever now. The worst/most hilarious is people adamant about NOT providing logs.

See this is funny, because I actually can't get any of those loggers to work :p

Luckily, I was already in the second best alliance guild on the best alliance server EU at the time so that and my experience could probably carry me into anywhere.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
My old guild got log-less applications on the regular. And we were the top guild on that particular server. Like, come on, you really think you're gonna get in with NO logs? Even I did flex logs just to have something to show.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member

What kind of logs are you talking about? Just DPS logs or something?

JSoup

Banned
So, didn't know you could buy Giant Dinosaur Bone on the AH.
There is also a rumor going around that the Bone White Raptor is going to be removed soon.

StayDead

So, didn't know you could buy Giant Dinosaur Bone on the AH.
There is also a rumor going around that the Bone White Raptor is going to be removed soon.

I hope it isn't. They've removed enough things already and I still need to farm it.

If anything it's being spread by people wanting to sell bones for ridiculous amounts.

vocab

If it was confirmed (which it is not) I would buy the bones right now, but im waiting till 100 and pulling the entire island.

JSoup

Banned
Yeah and if you push the truck next to the S.S. Anne you can catch Mew.

It's probably not true, but noted to quote this post if it comes to pass.

If it was confirmed (which it is not) I would buy the bones right now, but im waiting till 100 and pulling the entire island.

In all likelihood, it was made up by the mounds of people who just realized the bones could be sold.

Edit: Also, it seems my lone Alliance toon is my lucky toon.
Grand Black War Mammoth last night.
Horseman's Reins just now.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Should really just give ele some mana regen.

They're just making them cost less mana so we don't need regen. They're trying to eliminate for caster DPS having to worry about mana. Which is weird because warriors, rogues and hunters have to worry about their resources.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Finally. One less raid mount to farm!(and gotten on my fresh lvl 90 DK on his first try, even though i tried multiple times on other characters) Now if I could just get Kaelthas to drop something, i'd be fucking happy to never see this place again.

u0gJeQi.jpg

Dresden

They're just making them cost less mana so we don't need regen. They're trying to eliminate for caster DPS having to worry about mana. Which is weird because warriors, rogues and hunters have to worry about their resources.

They get screwed if they do anything other than cast dps spells, though. These mana cost reductions feel pretty band-aid.

Fjordson

Finally. One less raid mount to farm!(and gotten on my fresh lvl 90 DK on his first try, even though i tried multiple times on other characters) Now if I could just get Kaelthas to drop something, i'd be fucking happy to never see this place again.
Gratz mang. One of the cooler mounts in the game imo.

vocab

Those mana cost reductions are strictly for pvp. When the hell do you run out of mana as an ele in pve? If you forgot your LS prepatch that's about it. The only thing that cost mana is healing surge.

You want to know a spec that has mana problems? Demo.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
It's probably not true, but noted to quote this post if it comes to pass.

MMO-Champ, Wowhead, and Blizzard themselves all made a post about things being removed in WoD. It was basically just the Challenge modes, Ahead of the Curve: Garrosh, and the Green Fire title.

Those mana cost reductions are strictly for pvp. When the hell do you run out of mana as an ele in pve? If you forgot your LS prepatch that's about it. The only thing that cost mana is healing surge.

You want to know a spec that has mana problems? Demo.

Life tap fills up about 50% of your mana, and you life tap to balance metamorphosis' 250% armor.

Fjordson

After a month of playing a Warlock at 90, I can confidently say that I love it. Everything about the class is a nice change of pace from the melee DPS / hunter I've played since vanilla. The green fire, the various minions, having health stones, summoning. So much fun.

I'm not very good at him yet (and I've only played destro so far) but I think my shaman and my hunter may fall back in line behind this lock.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Have a Ghastly Charger's Skull that I want to unload. What's the status with cross-realm trading now? I'd rather see if one of you guys wanted to buy it for a solid price instead of putting it up on the auction house.

Pretty sure you can't. I tried to give some scrub in my raid group gems but I couldn't, just now.

Yeah starting with MoP you don't even have to log out, it just will pop up like "Warlords is live!" (not those exact words) in chat and you'll be able to start going.

That was actually implemented in Cataclysm. I remember sitting at the flight vendor in Stormwind on launch night waiting for flight permit to become available, then seeing a massive wave of people running towards the docks and Mount Hyjal. It doesn't necessarily give you any text warning, but suddenly you have access to the new content and sometimes quests will pop up directing you.

Dicer

Banned
That sounds like your computer overheating.

Not FPS, lag/latency temps are fine...soon as I load WoW the lag is horrendous, as soon as I close down, everything comes back to normal.

There are other reports here and there, no real resolution as of yet, just shit luck, might have to re-install, as much as a hassle as that is, I'll see with 6.0.3

Wunder

The worst part about Loremaster, other than doing Loremaster, is easily the BC portion. So much 'shit that starts in other areas to unlock this quest chain' shit.

The biggest offender being the Mag'har.

Working through it now, I have BEM, Nagrand and SMV left. I tried to do Blade's Edge while levelling but it turns out the last 20 or so quests need you to be 70, so that's going to be a pain.

Fjordson

So is there any way to get Elder Charms of Good Fortune now? They took away that Thunder Isle solo scenario that used to net you a bunch.

TheYanger

That was actually implemented in Cataclysm. I remember sitting at the flight vendor in Stormwind on launch night waiting for flight permit to become available, then seeing a massive wave of people running towards the docks and Mount Hyjal. It doesn't necessarily give you any text warning, but suddenly you have access to the new content and sometimes quests will pop up directing you.

Hmm. I remember having to Relog in Cata, because we were all sitting in mumble trying to see who could get in in time. Maybe that was just the server crashing? but I think it was a quick restart that Blizz did that caused it. Either way, don't have to do it now!

What kind of logs are you talking about? Just DPS logs or something?

We look at DPS, yes, but not just that. Particularly now just winding down the last couple weeks. Ability usage (cooldowns and rotation), whether you stand in bad or otherwise follow mechanics, etc.

They tell a lot more about a player than sheer meters which can be significantly affected by gear. We'd rather know if you know how to play properly than just seeing numbers. Potato raiders (which can be comorbid with lack of experience) are harder to fix than those merely lacking gear. We're not recruiting for Siege at this point anyway - it's farm with the rosters we have. It's all looking forward for promising players for Mythic in WoD.

Dicer

Banned
Fuck it, I'm re-installing now, hopefully it sorts my issue out, it was high time to wipe my addon slate clean and redo my bars anyway...

Since I have come back when I log on Latency is TERRIBLE, to the point it drags my whole machine down and not just wow, re-installed battle.net (still have that always needs to update issue) and ran with no addons in case that was an issue, WoW is simply unplayable at the moment, and I'm not alone...and of course support wants you to run the same mundane tests as always. I've had zero issues until now, Right here in the good ole USA, lol.

Hopefully they do something to fix it but it sucks when you can't play a game you pay time for...

Does your computer crash at all? Is it low FPS or just high latency?

If it's the former, your graphics card may be dying like mine did.

Test it with other games too to see if it's just WoW or 3D intensive processes in general. If it happens in other games, your video card is almost certainly dying and will need to be replaced.

JSoup

Banned
MMO-Champ, Wowhead, and Blizzard themselves all made a post about things being removed in WoD. It was basically just the Challenge modes, Ahead of the Curve: Garrosh, and the Green Fire title..

That's why it's called a rumor, cupcake.
Again, it's more than likely crap made up by the huge pile of people who just became aware that bones could be sold.

Dicer

Banned
Does your computer crash at all? Is it low FPS or just high latency?

If it's the former, your graphics card may be dying like mine did.

Test it with other games too to see if it's just WoW or 3D intensive processes in general. If it happens in other games, your video card is almost certainly dying and will need to be replaced.

Everything else is fine, it's latency not fps, graphical performance is fine.

Anyway re-install underway we shall see, we shall see...

There's a beta update out. Doesn't have collections though, so you can't see tier, CM sets, etc. right now.

Sounds exactly like my 5 year old MacBook Pro specs.

I mean you can login and like do daily CDs, but good luck doing anything remotely useful otherwise. Runs like shit. Shame really. Tried to raid a few weeks back when my graphics card on my main computer died but I was getting like 3-5 FPS in a 25-man.

Back in the Burning Crusade and WOTLK days, the same laptop ran the game at high/ultra settings pretty smoothly. Shows how much WOW has evolved since then.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
I don't think I've ever heard of WoW causing every thing else on someones connection to experience slow down.

Did you finish downloading the game? It's set to 100 kb/s down by default.

TheYanger

Farming rep on the timeless isle is sooooo boring. Very few mobs. Too much copmetition. Not enough rep for kills.

I'm...surprised to hear this, surely you're not checking all of the areas, there are LOTS of yaungols for Shaohao rep and 99% of the time the harder ones are completely uncamped (up near ordos).

Fjordson

Yup. I must have gotten close to 200+ from doing the dailies to exalted. I deleted them because I had no use.
Hmm, are you sure you were getting Elder Charms? I just unlocked the dailies but it's only showing me lesser charms for rewards.

edit: ooh, just killed one of the rares and got 8 elder charms. Sweet.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Flying through these Pandaria areas with my boosted 90, I must say that I'm really glad I didn't play this expansion. The areas and characters are just straight up goofy as hell and the level of Orientalism at play here makes me feel a bit uncomfortable. They skirt a fine line, but I think they overstep it in a few places.

Overall, not a fan of this continent or these Pandaren at all. It all feels like it belongs to a different game. Maybe that's just me, though.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
We look at DPS, yes, but not just that. Particularly now just winding down the last couple weeks. Ability usage (cooldowns and rotation), whether you stand in bad or otherwise follow mechanics, etc.

They tell a lot more about a player than sheer meters which can be significantly affected by gear. We'd rather know if you know how to play properly than just seeing numbers. Potato raiders (which can be comorbid with lack of experience) are harder to fix than those merely lacking gear. We're not recruiting for Siege at this point anyway - it's farm with the rosters we have. It's all looking forward for promising players for Mythic in WoD.

Wow... I had no idea this was a thing. WoW raiding (MMORPG raiding?) these days is kind of ridiculous.

Is there software out there to parse those logs and give you a rating or something?

The whole concept comes across as pretty crazy to me.

cdyhybrid

Are there tradeskill catch-up mechanics in WoD? Say I were to level up a character now, would it be better to take one crafting skill and the appropriate gathering skill and just drop the gathering skill for a second crafting skill in WoD? Or can I just pick the two crafting skills now and then level them both up in WoD?

Fjordson

Flying through these Pandaria areas with my boosted 90, I must say that I'm really glad I didn't play this expansion. The areas and characters are just straight up goofy as hell and the level of Orientalism at play here makes me feel a bit uncomfortable. They skirt a fine line, but I think they overstep it in a few places.

Overall, not a fan of this continent or these Pandaren at all. It all feels like it belongs to a different game. Maybe that's just me, though.
Pandaria is honestly some of the best content Blizzard has ever done in my opinion. Some great questlines in some beautiful zones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom