• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fularu

Banned

Still need the new Raptor from ZG, the blue proto, the two drakes from Stonecore and the sky instance, the drakes from Ultraxion and Deathwing, the drake from Rag, Invincible and Mir's head

Probably a few more I'm forgetting as far as classics drops go :(

I'm...surprised to hear this, surely you're not checking all of the areas, there are LOTS of yaungols for Shaohao rep and 99% of the time the harder ones are completely uncamped (up near ordos).
The harder mobs also take longer to kill, which makes them a less efficient method for gaining rep. The easier mobs to kill are very limited in number. If you have more than 4 people standing around trying to gain rep, there's a lot of waiting involved. I felt like i was dragging my face across a cheese grater raising my rep from halfway through neutral to friendly. Now i've got 6k more rep to go to get to friendly. I just don't have the motivation to do it, not when mob kills are 5,10,15 rep a piece.

Peachpies

The harder mobs also take longer to kill, which makes them a less efficient method for gaining rep. The easier mobs to kill are very limited in number. If you have more than 4 people standing around trying to gain rep, there's a lot of waiting involved. I felt like i was dragging my face across a cheese grater raising my rep from halfway through neutral to friendly. Now i've got 6k more rep to go to get to friendly. I just don't have the motivation to do it, not when mob kills are 5,10,15 rep a piece.
If you are doing it properly it will be much faster to kill the harder ones that give more rep, you are less likely to run out of mobs to kill and the speed at which you can kill them is not much longer than the easier guys which give less rep.

TheYanger

If there are more people standing around, you can...make a group, and go kill the higher hp mobs. They take longer to kill but they give more rep, they're MORE efficient I assure you. There aren't even enough of the weak Yaungols for it to be decent for a solo player in comparison, let alone a group.

I did this rep in like 3 hours in a group up by Ordos when the patch first came out. That'swhen there was competition there too.

antonz

Some of the harder yanguols should be hitting a lot softer after the patch which will help for some classes. I know the pair by one of the Bridges could pretty much 2 shot a lot of people with their charge stun hitting for almost 40k each

Atlantis

How exactly does loot work in the dungeon finder now? I get loot popups and sometimes it doesn't look like most of the group even rolled. I thought maybe rolls/loot only happened if the game thought the loot was useful to you, but I'm getting cloth pieces and daggers showing up.

Feels odd to win every Greed roll.

Tried to be nice and guide a lost party member back to the group, now my instance quest is incomplete because the other party members decided to kill the boss we were waiting at, argh.

TheYanger

Some of the harder yanguols should be hitting a lot softer after the patch which will help for some classes. I know the pair by one of the Bridges could pretty much 2 shot a lot of people with their charge stun hitting for almost 40k each

They always hit that hard, they don't charge you if you don't run away from them though. The 'harder' yaungols are almost entirely avoidable attacks, except for high priests being rough the rest is very eays it just has more hp.

It hit for 90k today. The patch can't come sooner.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Cashed in on the free week of game time on the promotion. Not having played much of MoP there wasn't much incentive to gear up, so I've just been doing extra archeology stuff. Somehow managed to stumble over the Tol'vir bug mount, and the urge to come back and use it during WoD is pretty strong. I think Blizzard got me.

Flying through these Pandaria areas with my boosted 90, I must say that I'm really glad I didn't play this expansion. The areas and characters are just straight up goofy as hell and the level of Orientalism at play here makes me feel a bit uncomfortable. They skirt a fine line, but I think they overstep it in a few places.

Overall, not a fan of this continent or these Pandaren at all. It all feels like it belongs to a different game. Maybe that's just me, though.

Pandaria didn't have the variety of landscapes other expansions except maybe WotLK had but the actual content is better than any expansion since BC.

I'm out of the game till Friday or Saturday at the earliest this week - moving - but some interesting things:

Glyph market is ruthless on a large server. I posted a bunch at 48 hours since I knew I wouldn't be able to manage then and I doubt I'll sell any beyond the initial 16 or so (out of 250+) that moved. Really need to repost at least twice a day or you'll just be undercut. Very similar to how gems have been but greater profit per item with a broader reach.

Definitely looking into it as a market to remain in for WoD. Easy 2k/day or something like that, even with heavy competition. It's not bad really beyond the initial setup and sheer amount of bag space needed (you NEED an alt that's not doing much else to manage it).

Also, finally flipped a Mechanical Chicken for like 10.5k. Think I sniped that one at 40g or so. Can't be sure anymore since my history was wiped. Interesting pet that is.

nerv

The 90 boost and TBC nostalgia eventually got me and I'm planning to put some time in the game again, at least during the first weeks of leveling.

I have a question, though: I've downloaded simcraft and ran a few simulations to determine which alliance racial is the best for mage (frost) PvE where Dwarves and Draenei essentially came out even with a difference of like 1dps in T17 mythic gear. Is there already a decent resource for more in-depth theorycrafting since Elitist Jerks looks pretty dead from what I can tell and all the other guides are very basic.

Dwarf stone form seems to be superior from an utility perspective as well, but I'm not sure if it can realistically outshine and outscale the flat stats from the new Draenei aura (and the heal).

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
The 90 boost and TBC nostalgia eventually got me and I'm planning to put some time in the game again, at least during the first weeks of leveling.

I have a question, though: I've downloaded simcraft and ran a few simulations to determine which alliance racial is the best for mage (frost) PvE where Dwarves and Draenei essentially came out even with a difference of like 1dps in T17 mythic gear. Is there already a decent resource for more in-depth theorycrafting since Elitist Jerks looks pretty dead from what I can tell and all the other guides are very basic.

Dwarf stone form seems to be superior from an utility perspective as well, but I'm not sure if it can realistically outshine and outscale the flat stats from the new Draenei aura (and the heal).

It's all whatever you want at this point, sim-crafting with WoD is pointless. It sims patchwerk fights and there hasn't been one of those since...I guess the closest I can think of is Ultraxion over 2 years ago. Not to mention the gear will be different and effect your stats differently depending on which tertiary stat you get on your tier pieces.

Min/maxing with racials is a waste of time. Just go human if you ever plan of pvping. Other than that, whatever you think looks coolest.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
One big perk of playing a dwarf is that you're playing a dwarf.

aRcjtjv.png

That should definitely be listed under racials.

Along with drinking, greediness, and beards.

Nyx

Thanks for the Shado-Pan Assault Friendly rep advice, got me a lot of new shiny gear.

Shame they did not have any weapons though, would be so great if I can find some ilvl 500ish swords before WoD.

Also went to the Townsteppes PvP vendors but I still had to use honor points to buy stuff and I don't have enough.

Diodiablo

Banned
Are there tradeskill catch-up mechanics in WoD? Say I were to level up a character now, would it be better to take one crafting skill and the appropriate gathering skill and just drop the gathering skill for a second crafting skill in WoD? Or can I just pick the two crafting skills now and then level them both up in WoD?

Apparently all the Draenor recipes require lvl 1 in the tradeskill, giving ENORMOUS skillups, so it would be the powerleveller's dream.

Source [1]

This is nitpicking, but

The Heroic/Mythic name change is so dumb. Just makes referencing old content confusing shifting the meaning like that.

Woulda been more elegant to come up with a new name for flex (weenie or something, idk right?) than shift the meaning of two difficulties and add a new name for a third.

I don't think they thought the implications through completely.

Godan

That was an interesting experiment. Turned all settings to low or off such as AA, and I still only did 30-45fps. Goes to show you how much WOW has upgraded graphics. People that still tow the line "WOW can run on 7 year old hardware" should be ignored.

What was it that was wrong with your card if you don't mind me asking. I have a EVGA 780 and I think their may be something wrong with it so mya have to sned mine back too. With mine my pc tends to restart after playing a game for a while even when the temps are between 58- 67 or something.

Flying through these Pandaria areas with my boosted 90, I must say that I'm really glad I didn't play this expansion. The areas and characters are just straight up goofy as hell and the level of Orientalism at play here makes me feel a bit uncomfortable. They skirt a fine line, but I think they overstep it in a few places.

Overall, not a fan of this continent or these Pandaren at all. It all feels like it belongs to a different game. Maybe that's just me, though.

Pandaria is honestly some of the best content Blizzard has ever done in my opinion. Some great questlines in some beautiful zones.

Yeah, as someone who just went 1-90 I agree that it was the best.

As someone who has played the entirety of this expansion I agree with Zefah. I found most of the questing stories uninteresting and very "Oriental" focused (though this doesn't make me feel uncomfortable just don't find it interesting). For me it didn't feel very WoW like. I will say I enjoyed ToT and the Isle of Thunder immensely and that Tier was my favorite of MoP. I certainly don't think MoP has the best content of WoW at all (Most of the memorable things from MoP for me are just features they added unrelated to MoP: brawlers guild, transmog, pet battles, account wide achievements/mounts,etc).

I am excited for WoD. The beta questing reminds me of WotlK questing/questlines with a continent that is better designed to use only "ground mounts". I actually find the storyline engrossing and fun to watch unfold.

Fularu

Banned
This is nitpicking, but

The Heroic/Mythic name change is so dumb. Just makes referencing old content confusing shifting the meaning like that.

Woulda been more elegant to come up with a new name for flex (weenie or something, idk right?) than shift the meaning of two difficulties and add a new name for a third.

I don't think they thought the implications through completely.

People would have been "Why can't I do Heroic 10 man anymore? You're sellouts to the hardcore raiding crowd, how will I find 10 more players????!!!!"

strafer

So what mounts do you guys have on farm?

Mine are,

Fiery Warhorse's Reins (Karazhan, Attumen the Huntsman)
Armored Razzashi Raptor (Zul'Gurub, Bloodlord Mandokir)
Swift Zulian Panther (Zul'Gurub, High Priestess Kilnara)
Reins of the Vitreous Stone Drake (The Stonecore, Slabhide)
Reins of the Drake of the North Wind (The Vortex Pinnacle, Altairus)
Flametalon of Alysrazor (Firelands, Alysrazor)
Ashes of Al'ar (The Eye, Kael'thas Sunstrider)
Reins of the Time-Lost Proto-Drake (The Storm Peaks, TLPD)

And some event mounts.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!

Don't worry, it's not just you. Lots of people share your awful opinion :)

Jag

I recently started my mount run. I have a notepad.txt document i keep open with a list of the mounts I'm farming and check them off as I run through them with my 10 90s. I don't do all of these on all 10 because that's just nuts. Like I'll only do 1 or 2 runs on Yogg or Heroic LK a week because of the longer clear times.

I'm only doing old content because its faster. I'll do newer content at the end of WoD.

On farm, I have:

Invincible's Reins (Icecrown Citadel, The Lich King)
Reins of the Azure Drake (The Eye of Eternity, Malygos)
Reins of the Blue Drake (The Eye of Eternity, Malygos)
Reins of the Drake of the South Wind (Throne of Four Winds, Al'Akir)
Mimiron's Head (Ulduar, Yogg-Saron)
Reins of the Onyxian Drake (Onyxia's Lair, Onyxia)
Reins of the Blue Proto-Drake (Utgarde Pinnacle, Skadi)
Deathcharger's Reins (Stratholme, Lord Aurius Rivendare)
Reins of the Raven Lord (Sethekk Halls, Anzu)
Swift White Hawkstrider (Magisters' Terrace, Kael'thas Sunstrider)

Acidote

You misunderstand. Mythic is a fixed raid (20 people). 10 man raiding guilds can't do Mythic, they still "can" do "heroic".

Then they'll have to recruit and some guilds will break in the process. And that's just it. There's too much moaning in the game.

Nyx

Mine are,

Flametalon of Alysrazor (Firelands, Alysrazor)
Reins of the Time-Lost Proto-Drake (The Storm Peaks, TLPD)

And some event mounts.

What do you mean with this? Are you solo-ing these instances for the chance of a mount drop?

StayDead

Blue Drake (Eye of Eternity)
Onyxian Drake (Onyxia's Lair) (want the emerald one for druid!)
Midnight (Karazhan)
Red Qiraji Battle Tank (AQ40, although farming for gear for transmog mainly)
Fire Raven (Firelands)

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
7OC5aVc.png

ARE YOU GUYS PREPARED

ARE YOU GUYS READY

I DUNNO ABOUT YOU, BUT I SURE AS HELL AM

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
7OC5aVc.png

ARE YOU GUYS PREPARED

ARE YOU GUYS READY

I DUNNO ABOUT YOU, BUT I SURE AS HELL AM

You need to fix literally everything about that entire situation.

Then they'll have to recruit and some guilds will break in the process. And that's just it. There's too much moaning in the game.

WoW will never survive cutting 40mans down to 25.

I'm in NA, I've had a ton of problems since 6.0.

Lots of "character not found" and not being able to log in. Being placed a random faraway graveyards on timeless isle, lag spikes and general unplayability.

It's been pretty awful, a few guildies have had the same issues.

Yeah, same. It's been happening with me and my wife too. Random disconnects, instance servers going down, lag spikes, and random ass crazy shit. We've had a few instances where we've been in the middle of a boss kill, get kicked, and zone back in and the whole instance has reset. Last time it happened to us was saturday during a guild run. We got kicked along with two other guildies. The ones who were still in the dungeon said they got kicked out of the dungeon. When we zoned it, everything was reset.

And this is on top of having this stuff happen when trying to kill the horseman. I've had it happen a few times where I've disconnected, only to zone back in and we aren't in the horseman's SM, instead it's just normal level 30 SM. Really weird shit.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I'm only trying to get old raid mounts for now. If I would try to get these 5 mans Cata mounts too, I would never stop trying. At least with raids, it's once per alt.

Still need Tempest Keep, Karazhan and Firelands mounts to drop. I would solo Throne of Four Winds more often if the Conclave wasn't so damn hard to solo without good heals. Even with my ret paladin, I almost wiped the other day.

Not really bothering with Icecrown and Ulduar yet. 3 raids(used to be 4) on 8-9 lvl 90 alts per week is enough like that.

notworksafe

Always liked this set. I think I'll stick with it until WoD hits.

Damn good set. That's what I'm wearing too.

Leveling my old Alliance shaman to 90 to get the achievement for having H and A characters at max, then I'll faction change it. After that, I feel like I'll be set.

Always liked this set. I think I'll stick with it until WoD hits.

I remember getting those shoulders on my holy Paladin back in Wrath, they were such a big deal to me as I couldn't raid because of my god awful laptop crapping out if there were more than 10 people on screen.

I should go farm that set on my warrior if theres a recolour of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom