• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.
What was it that was wrong with your card if you don't mind me asking. I have a EVGA 780 and I think their may be something wrong with it so mya have to sned mine back too. With mine my pc tends to restart after playing a game for a while even when the temps are between 58- 67 or something.

Randomly, the screen would flash black, then flash back to the game, then flash black again and so on for about 30 seconds until returning to the game where the game was at 1 fps. The driver stopped responding. The only way to fix it, was restarting the computer. I tried everything such as drivers, fresh WOW install, no add ons, etc. If I would have known that EVGA was so fast and easy to get an RMA, I would have done this sooner. I'm hoping that the card I get back doesn't have the same issue.

Sounds like your issue could be a bad card, it could also be your PSU. Do you have either a spare GPU or PSU around or anything?

bogg

With WoD just around the corner, I guess it's time to come back.
Gonna try some mage action using the boost to 90, looks like a fun class.

zerosum

Damn good set. That's what I'm wearing too.

Yeah, I've always had an affinity for the plate skirts for some reason.

I remember getting those shoulders on my holy Paladin back in Wrath, they were such a big deal to me as I couldn't raid because of my god awful laptop crapping out if there were more than 10 people on screen.

I should go farm that set on my warrior if theres a recolour of it.

I'd need to double check, but I think that set may be purchasable with gold in Dalaran now. I had to re-buy with justice (which was converted to just gold) when they added transmog because I'd deleted my old set due to a desperate need for bag space.

1up

My farm list.

Invincible's Reins (Icecrown Citadel, The Lich King)
Reins of the Drake of the South Wind (Throne of Four Winds, Al'Akir)
Mimiron's Head (Ulduar, Yogg-Saron)
Armored Razzashi Raptor (Zul'Gurub, Bloodlord Mandokir)
Swift Zulian Panther (Zul'Gurub, High Priestess Kilnara)
Reins of the Vitreous Stone Drake (The Stonecore, Slabhide)
Reins of the Phosphorescent Stone Drake (Deepholm, Aeonaxx)

I recently got the Grey Riding Camel and Drake of the North Wind.

Wish Mimiron's Head would drop.

A simple way to see what you are missing is putting your name into Simple Armory.

Here's mine.
http://simplearmory.com/#/us/runetotem/vazjin/collectable/mounts

StayDead

My farm list.

Invincible's Reins (Icecrown Citadel, The Lich King)
Reins of the Drake of the South Wind (Throne of Four Winds, Al'Akir)
Mimiron's Head (Ulduar, Yogg-Saron)
Reins of the Phosphorescent Stone Drake (Deepholm, Aeonaxx)

I recently got the Grey Riding Camel and Drake of the North Wind.

Wish Mimiron's Head would drop.

A simple way to see what you are missing is putting your name into Simple Armory.

Here's mine.
http://simplearmory.com/#/us/runetotem/vazjin/collectable/mounts

Eesh, I'm missing a lot.

http://simplearmory.com/#/eu/silvermoon/qíkz/collectable/mounts

ampere

Posting raid solo mounts we're going for? Mine are:
Blazing Drake - Madness of Deathwing (4x a week)
Drake of the South Wind - Al'Akir (4x a week)

And at level 100 I plan to do Horridon and Ji-Kun for their mounts.

One big perk of playing a dwarf is that you're playing a dwarf.

The worst part about going Horde is I don't have a Dwarf anymore :(. I need to level a Dwarf alt.

Actually Heroic 10 was WAY harder in most encounters than Heroic 25.

There have been notable instances where Heroic 10 was harder (Nefarian, Garrosh pre 10 nerfs), but by and large this was not the case.

Jag

Godan

Randomly, the screen would flash black, then flash back to the game, then flash black again and so on for about 30 seconds until returning to the game where the game was at 1 fps. The driver stopped responding. The only way to fix it, was restarting the computer. I tried everything such as drivers, fresh WOW install, no add ons, etc. If I would have known that EVGA was so fast and easy to get an RMA, I would have done this sooner. I'm hoping that the card I get back doesn't have the same issue.

Sounds like your issue could be a bad card, it could also be your PSU. Do you have either a spare GPU or PSU around or anything?

Yeah I reinstalled the drives and that last night before i went to bed so will see how it holds up tonight when I get home from work.

I have a spare PSU from my old computer so will try that too. If none of that works I will get it sent back to EVGA olny thing is I dont see the card I have for sale anywhere now so unsure if they supply it anymore lol.

Magnus

I recognize the improved fidelity and overall look of the new Male Human model….but none of the available faces looks like my old main's face. My 'soldier' haircut was horribly translated, too (it like, blows out to the sides now). So I'm not happy at all with how that turned out.

:(

Dwarves, Draenei, Trolls, Undead, Tauren, all awesome. Really hoping Blood Elves get the love they deserve.

Humans were handled poorly, as far as I'm concerned. The female Human and female Gnome faces…good god.

Fjordson

So what mounts do you guys have on farm?

Mine are,

Fiery Warhorse's Reins (Karazhan, Attumen the Huntsman)
Reins of the Drake of the North Wind (The Vortex Pinnacle, Altairus)
Flametalon of Alysrazor (Firelands, Alysrazor)
Ashes of Al'ar (The Eye, Kael'thas Sunstrider)
Reins of the Time-Lost Proto-Drake (The Storm Peaks, TLPD)

And some event mounts.
Ashes of Al'ar four times a week
Invincible twice a week
Blazing Drake from Deathwing twice a week
Alysrazor's mount four times a week
Galleon and Sha of Anger world bosses four times a week

I spent a month obsessively camping the TLPD, but gave up after that. I don't mind running specific things for a mount over a long period of time, just in and out every week killing a boss, but TLPD camping was a little too random for me. Think I'd go crazy after a while.

I'm also running the Headless Horseman four times a day, but I doubt I'll get it this year.

ampere

I was checking armory to see what mounts I am missing and it looks like I forgot about a few:

KW1l0v4.png

Do you even White Stallion tho?

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
3SkPnuO.png

I'm ready, lets do this!

Where can you get the Stormwind armor set?

Pandaria is honestly some of the best content Blizzard has ever done in my opinion. Some great questlines in some beautiful zones.

The visuals are certainly quite nice, but the whole thing just doesn't feel like Warcraft at all to me.

Don't worry, it's not just you. Lots of people share your awful opinion :)

Yeah, I'm sure it sounds like a horrible opinion if you like it. Something about having the "wise and honorable Oriental" trope applied to some goofy-ass looking pandas just rubs me the wrong way. I disliked Kung Fu Panda for the same reason. It all almost comes off as a celebration of American cultural ignorance or something. I'm sure people who are familiar with native American culture felt the same way about the Tauren, but at least they didn't get their own expansion.

I don't think they thought the implications through completely.

It does seem confusing as hell right now when looking up guides and such, but I'm sure everyone will be used to it a few weeks into WoD.

Fjordson

Yeah, I'm sure it sounds like a horrible opinion if you like it. Something about having the "wise and honorable Oriental" trope applied to some goofy-ass looking pandas just rubs me the wrong way. I disliked Kung Fu Panda for the same reason. It all almost comes off as a celebration of American cultural ignorance or something. I'm sure people who are familiar with native American culture felt the same way about the Tauren, but at least they didn't get their own expansion.
You should play through the zones. Selling the expansion way short with this weird description.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I only played the newbie Panda area, but what I've played makes it seem almost as bad as Jade Empire, which was really guilty of "chinese culture as seen by white guys" syndrome.

Fjordson

I only played the newbie Panda area, but what I've played makes it seem almost as bad as Jade Empire, which was really guilty of "chinese culture as seen by white guys" syndrome.
The Pandaren starting zone is kinda dull, though it finishes strong.

But it's the 85-90 zones that are truly top notch.

vocab

Did you even finish the starting zone? it ends quite nicely.

Jade empire sucks.

It was nice of blizzard to try something new despite mix results. Rather new ideas and new culture influences than ANOTHER TROLL DUNGEON/RAID THE ZANDALARI ARE HERE MY BROTHERS

Haly

The Pandaren starting zone is kinda dull, though it finishes strong.

But it's the 85-90 zones that are truly top notch.
I figured. But I missed Pandacraft entirely and I'm a new resub so I've yet to get there.
Did you even finish the starting zone? it ends quite nicely.

Jade empire sucks.
Finished it. Hazy on the details because halfway through I was rolling my eyes so hard I had to stop reading quest dialogue.
It was nice of blizzard to try something new despite mix results. Rather new ideas and new culture influences than ANOTHER TROLL DUNGEON/RAID THE ZANDALARI ARE HERE MY BROTHERS
Agreed with this, at any rate. I liked WOTLK's Viking/Norse theme as well.

http://simplearmory.com/#/us/shadowsong/hugmytotems/collectable/mounts

Right now:

Malygos for Blue Drake (have Azure)
Throne of the Four Winds
Headless Horseman if you want to count it.

After level 100:

Ulduar
ICC
Dragon Soul
Firelands

I have most other raid/dungeon mounts that can be soloed up to that point. I have the usual world rare spawns (TLPD, Aeonaxx, Poseidus, Grey Camel, Sea Turtle). There's a handful I could get if I saved up the gold (engineering mounts, black jeweled panther, Kun-Lai expensive mount).

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
You should play through the zones. Selling the expansion way short with this weird description.

I'm not saying anything about the content. I'm sure it's well done. I've already had a good time with some of the Thunder Isle stuff, Throne of Thunder LFR, and tooling around the Timeless Isle.

I'm just commenting on the theme they went for with the expansion. Huge turn off for me, but I'm sure I'm in the minority.

Either way, I'm glad that WoD is getting back to what, to me at least, are very traditional Warcraft themes.

Exactly! I couldn't play more than an hour or so of Jade Empire, either. It all came across as a bit gross to me.

Wunder

I certainly felt a bit weird at times with how they handled some names and/or pronunciations of them, it's like a white dude just thought these Chinese, Japanese or Korean names sounded real cool together and didn't bother trying to pronounce it right. The Celestials especially are particularly strange. However I think overall it's a pretty great expansion, it was a good concept and the environments look absolutely stunning.

StMeph

I liked MoP. I liked the aesthetics of the zones and updated art assets. Everything just looked better in the MoP zones, and while it might be a departure from the normal WarCraft universe in terms of theme, I didn't find it unwelcome. Rather, everything else was kind of same-y, to me.

Haly

My friend (ethnic Korean) laughed at mobs dropping Soju in Pandaland, and I said to him "you got your culture in my culture".

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I hate Pandaria. Aesthetically and even just when it comes to how the zones play. It is a continent begging to be forgotten. The Jade Forest is hyper linear and bloated at the same time, with some of the worst gimmick vehicle quests interrupting progress on a regular basis. Going through more than half of it is a gigantic waste of time. Dread Wastes is probably the worst zone in the entire game. Even though the Mantid are one of the oldest races in the game they have virtually no imprint on most of the zone, which seems like it was designed to be flown over. Townlong Steppes is almost as bad, leaving no distinct impression and seemingly serving little purpose. Blizzard has come a really long way with MoP zones having great visual density, but it doesn't ever really amount to much when the story and landscape set pieces are so lacking. Krasarang Wilds was a nice surprise to play through, but it does a terrible job of telling a story, and the visual palette is really flat.

mileS

Can you go for Invincible's Reins on 10m heroic? I vaguely remember someone saying it can only drop on 25m heroic.

They really nerfed extreme hunter soloing with the stupid changes to the glyphs. It wasn't even close to being overpowered, you still needed the gear really. The stuff Blizzard decides to fix sometimes it beyond me.

I would add another vote to Dread Wastes being one of the worst zones in the game period. I actually like the Mantid but there's something about the zone that makes me never want to go back.

1up

Did you get the camel pre-6.0? Because they broke NPC scan making it really hard to find now.

I got it after 6.0. I ran around with friendly name plates on. Its a lot more time consuming then just flying over spawn points.

Fjordson

Can you go for Invincible's Reins on 10m heroic? I vaguely remember someone saying it can only drop on 25m heroic.

They really nerfed extreme hunter soloing with the stupid changes to the glyphs. It wasn't even close to being overpowered, you still needed the gear really. The stuff Blizzard decides to fix sometimes it beyond me.

I would add another vote to Dread Wastes being one of the worst zones in the game period. I actually like the Mantid but there's something about the zone that makes me never want to go back.
Invincible is 25 heroic only. Though you can go through ICC on any difficulty and then switch it to 25 heroic for Arthas.

Jag

How extreme? Durendil level extreme? Yeah there are a few things that cause problems at the super high end. I stopped using my turtle as well and go either core hound or spirit beast.

But over all DPS was buffed and I've had no problems soloing most things with my gear at 565.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Garrosh raid for heirlooms is in until the day of WoD, right?

I'm working on grinding Alterac Valley to get enough honor to buy gear so I can get close to ilvl 550 and hopefully find some people to take me on a Normal raid. Probably going to be a few more nights of doing AV before I break ilvl 540.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom