• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.

mileS

How extreme? Durendil level extreme? Yeah there are a few things that cause problems at the super high end. I stopped using my turtle as well and go either core hound or spirit beast.

But over all DPS was buffed and I've had no problems soloing most things with my gear at 565.

Have you done much Heroic Firelands 25m? Anyways that link is exactly my point. They nerf something that literally poses no threat to "real" pve or pvp.

ampere

StMeph

DKs are the kings of soloing stuff.

Some encounters in T14-T16 has been soloed by Mione, several before the stat squish in 5.4

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
What's THE class for soloing old content (now and ideally, also at 100)?

Death Knight?

DK, Warlock, or Hunter. Anyone with a pet. I can poop on everything on my barely geared warlock because of Soul Link. You'll want a pet for things like gripping tentacles on Yogg to attack while you're incapacitated.

Self healing spells like death strike is kinda weak and kills your DPS, but stuff like Soul Link and Lichborne where it heals you for a % of damage done is super nice right now since you do increased damage to older stuff.

strafer

now drop

items_9061_973.jpg

Fjordson

DK, Warlock, or Hunter. Anyone with a pet. I can poop on everything on my barely geared warlock because of Soul Link. You'll want a pet for things like gripping tentacles on Yogg to attack while you're incapacitated.

Self healing spells like death strike is kinda weak and kills your DPS, but stuff like Soul Link and Lichborne where it heals you for a % of damage done is super nice right now since you do increased damage to older stuff.
That's a good point about soul link.

I wonder if I could solo heroic 25 man Lich King on my lock....he's only 526, but LK is a lot easier than he used to be post-6.0.

StayDead

What's THE class for soloing old content (now and ideally, also at 100)?

Death Knight?

It's gotta be Death Knight or Paladin, they've always been IMO the best soloing classes.

They've got plate so they don't die as easily and they can both self heal.

billeh

It's gotta be Death Knight or Paladin, they've always been IMO the best soloing classes.

They've got plate so they don't die as easily and they can both self heal.
Spirit Bond on my hunter more of less equalled out that crappy heal my prot pally has, though plate probably helps a bit more.

I loved the payoff from getting exalted with the Klaxxi and having them 'reward' you with a stern warning. Writing wise I adore the line "Your gods are not your gods", because it has several ways to interpret it, all of them interesting and foreboding.

I loved the payoff from getting exalted with the Klaxxi and having them 'reward' you with a stern warning. Writing wise I adore the line "Your gods are not your gods", because it has several ways to interpret it, all of them interesting and foreboding.

The Klaxxi and the August Celestial are the last factions for me to Exalt. Is there any way to gain rep besides dailies and daily hc/scenario, maybe a hidden secret?

RPGCrazied

Best storyline quests in MoP in my opinion. The scorpion mount is pretty sweet as well, use it all the time, wish it didn't have cost 10k though.

Mothman91

Has anyone boosted a guardian/feral druid? Do they give the same gear?

Also as long as I'm lvl 60 and have my 2 professions, those professions will also be boosted correct?

Jag

The Klaxxi and the August Celestial are the last factions for me to Exalt. Is there any way to gain rep besides dailies and daily hc/scenario, maybe a hidden secret?

Farm Warbringers and Scouts. I believe it was 2000 rep each at revered and 2200 with the holiday rep buff. I had a stack and watched my bar jump to exalted very fast.

I finished both Shado Pan and Celestials this way and had a ton left over for Golden Lotus and Klaxxi for alts. I also got mount drops and bags of mats that sold for gold.

One way to farm them faster requires being a bit of a jerk. I did it by accident the first time. I had my alts camping the spawn spots and got bored so I figured I would do an Ordos. I got invited to a group and when I phased into their realm the Warbringers appeared. So basically you can get invited to any group off your realm (or CRZ i guess) and you have another shot at a Warbringer appearing. The trick is to kill it fast enough before you get booted. I was close enough that I didn't need to do it, but it does work.

Spirit Bond on my hunter more of less equalled out that crappy heal my prot pally has, though plate probably helps a bit more.

:-(

I was really hoping Paladin would be good at solo content. What is going on with them? They seem to be in the gutter of everything. Not great raid damage, not a great tank, no standout allstar PvP spec, and from what I have seen, a finicky healer. What is their claim to fame lately?

Sad. I was hoping to main a paladin for WoD, but I am feeling more and more compelled to play DK.

Ultratech

What happened to the old dragonscale specializations for leatherworking? Did they get merged into the base trainers?

Nope, they're just straight-up gone.

Was super disappointing when I first came back to the game since I had made a set of Dragonscale gear back in the day, but since I didn't have LW back on my Hunter, I couldn't go back and relearn all that stuff.
(Still have my very unique Ebon Netherscale Set though.)

So they basically removed all the specializations and a lot of the recipes that went with them (if you didn't already have them), and removed the specialization requirements off of the old gear.

Jarnet87

anyone else get error 112? Not sure if it's because the servers are down or due to out of date addons.

was just the servers being down, Stormrage is up.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Alex. Not fond of the purple look.

From what I've seen in this thread it looks like everyone is in a hurry to nab as many cheevos and raid kills as possible. Is there something that's being changed in Warlords or is it to just get one last push in before people forget about the current content?

Fjordson

Alex. Not fond of the purple look.

From what I've seen in this thread it looks like everyone is in a hurry to nab as many cheevos and raid kills as possible. Is there something that's being changed in Warlords or is it to just get one last push in before people forget about the current content?
Heirlooms from Garrosh are going away, so could be that for SoO.

Magnus

I'm going to boost my DK that's been at level 60-something forever. I snagged such a sweet name for it, on Mal'ganis, a busy server: Surgery.

Which two profs you think? I'm leaning toward Mining/Engineering (for fun), or Mining/Herbalism to be practical and have a toon that can gather everything he sees.

I hear Engineering is kind of a great supplement to DK to increase their (lacking) mobility? Boosting within the hour; opinions soon would be super appreciated!

--

I don't understand the insane lust for these heirloom weapons. They're going to be irrelevant a few days into the expansion at level 100, aren't they?

Or are they going away when WoD hits?

I kind of like the idea of finding new weapons in Draenor as you level. Heirlooms for all their sweet levelling perks are kind of boring in the sense that you're just using the same gear the whole way up. Looking the same from level 1-90 is boring as fuck. I mean yeah, transmog, but....yeah. I like getting new gear and not just at cap.

We are officially in 'maintenance has gone on for damn too long' territory now.

Hahaha. But the realms appear to be up? Realm Status

Rizzi

Oceanic realms are down for another 11 hours. At least.
:|
PSN is down for maintenance, and won't let me access my PS+ games.
I think I might die.

Yeah I reinstalled the drives and that last night before i went to bed so will see how it holds up tonight when I get home from work.

I have a spare PSU from my old computer so will try that too. If none of that works I will get it sent back to EVGA olny thing is I dont see the card I have for sale anywhere now so unsure if they supply it anymore lol.

If you are still under warranty, don't worry about. I have heard stories of people getting newer models of the same card, but I wouldn't count on it for you or me. I just want a 780 Ti that doesn't crash with WOW.

Tried soloing heroic 10 man Firelands on my Mage. First four bosses went smoothly. 5th one I had to invis before dying and I didn't feel like waiting for CD's so I just did the rest on normal.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
It's the metallic thongs that get me.

Like:

"I am the embodiment of all that's living. I should manifest myself in a thong.

And make it metal."

Ultratech

I'm going to boost my DK that's been at level 60-something forever. I snagged such a sweet name for it, on Mal'ganis, a busy server: Surgery.

Which two profs you think? I'm leaning toward Mining/Engineering (for fun), or Mining/Herbalism to be practical and have a toon that can gather everything he sees.

I hear Engineering is kind of a great supplement to DK to increase their (lacking) mobility? Boosting within the hour; opinions soon would be super appreciated!

--

Engineering has always had lot of fun little stuff to play around with, including bombs, warps, rocket boots, slow-fall/flight, and so on.

That said, I'd take a look at the preview stuff for Professions in WoD and make up your mind there.

I don't understand the insane lust for these heirloom weapons. They're going to be irrelevant a few days into the expansion at level 100, aren't they?

Or are they going away when WoD hits?

I kind of like the idea of finding new weapons in Draenor as you level. Heirlooms for all their sweet leveling perks are kind of boring in the sense that you're just using the same gear the whole way up. Looking the same from level 1-90 is boring as fuck. I mean yeah, transmog, but....yeah. I like getting new gear and not just at cap.

Yeah, Heirlooms are going away when WoD finally hits.

Aside from transmog, they are pretty good weapons up to 100, and not many weapons will beat 'em out while leveling up.

I mean, it's not like you absolutely need them; it's just a convenience thing.
(And if you get tired of looking at it, transmog it.)

Fularu

Banned
Garrosh raid for heirlooms is in until the day of WoD, right?

I'm working on grinding Alterac Valley to get enough honor to buy gear so I can get close to ilvl 550 and hopefully find some people to take me on a Normal raid. Probably going to be a few more nights of doing AV before I break ilvl 540.
If you have 5k just buy a heroic Garrosh kill

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom