• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I should go get my Maly mount, but I hate that raid os much

Anyone have any tips for soloing Illidari Council on a Lock? I don't have much issue damaging them, but the chick bubbles then I attack the mage, but she heals through it. I got it done, but it took forever. I guess I could save my CDs, but I'd hate to always rely on that

You kill the Paladin Blood Elf for that fight. And maybe someone else if the priest bubbles him.

And I did EoE 10 this past week. So annoying on the last phase. Would probably be much easier as ranged since I could DPS him more during the phase transition making the drake phase take less time. The mount scales in health, but not so much in terms of damage.

I'm partial to the new Hillsbrad Foothills and its introductory quest myself. You really gotta follow it through the whole zone for the full joke though.

And the PvP part of the Legendary quest makes sense, at least from a design perspective. Was intended to get people playing the new content (BGs) they added that patch.

My favorite quest is still raiding undercity. (Unfortunately for post WOTLK players they removed it).

It's amusing how much of a 180 jaina has made, and the comments she makes at the end of downfall in comparison to the raid on UC.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The opening to Wing 2 of SoO reminds me of Raiding Undercity.

In the sense that Sylvannas is totally useless and the weak link of the Horde.

Ultratech

For the record, I have no problems with the PvP portion of the legendary.

To be fair, it's not even that bad unless your Battlegroup is just plain terrible.

You're bound to luck out and win eventually.

I'm partial to the new Hillsbrad Foothills and its introductory quest myself. You really gotta follow it through the whole zone for the full joke though.

Welcome to the Machine!

Yeah, that whole questline is pretty hilarious.

ZA bag
3D bag
Grummlepack
Pit Lord bag

What other bags are there that are 20+?

Other than the ones from FoS and Tailoring, there's...
-24 Slot from Battlefield: Barrens (It's a rare drop off the humanoid mobs)
-24 and 22 Slot Bags from Haris Pilton...if you got some cash.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
You kill the Paladin Blood Elf for that fight. And maybe someone else if the priest bubbles him.

And I did EoE 10 this past week. So annoying on the last phase. Would probably be much easier as ranged since I could DPS him more during the phase transition making the drake phase take less time. The mount scales in health, but not so much in terms of damage.
Yeah Malygos is super easy with my frost mage at 550 item lvl. I can bring him down to 1 health before the first phase is over. Can almost do the same on my ret paladin with similar gear. Can't do that with my warrior though, stupid lack of ranged attacks.

Khezu

Until yesterday I was still using 16 slot bags on all my characters.

I just never felt like I really needed anything more.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Cooking Ingredients take up a lot of space. I just kind of think it's a cool sign of where you've been. I mean, pretty badass bragging rights to say you carved a bag out of a dragon and a pit lord.

Rokam

Blizzard's gift to me!
oJvMpIs.jpg

CassSept

Haha yeah. I did the first quest in beta and found it already hilarious, but the entire zone makes it.

Kingslayer Orkus ;_;

Touch

Got my warrior to 90 today. 497 ilvl thanks to Timeless Isle and a couple of drops from LFR. Didn't tank LFR though just set loot spec to prot. Still kind of nervous about tanking anything larger than 5 mans at the moment. Which is okay for me right now. I still need to get use this new role. It's a big change from just being in the instance to controlling the instance.

Also I need xmog ideas for my warrior as well (you have to look good to play good). Any suggestions for male tauren warriors?

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
I just came across Neeka Bloodscar and Helgrum the Swift in the Swamp of Sorrows. Cataclysm relic or not, that quest chain was very emotional.

Got my warrior to 90 today. 497 ilvl thanks to Timeless Isle and a couple of drops from LFR. Didn't tank LFR though just set loot spec to prot. Still kind of nervous about tanking anything larger than 5 mans at the moment. Which is okay for me right now. I still need to get use this new role. It's a big change from just being in the instance to controlling the instance.

Also I need xmog ideas for my warrior as well (you have to look good to play good). Any suggestions for male tauren warriors?

T8 and T9 are both great too. Ram armor always seemed almost regal to me, and the t9 for warriors is just perfect.

Tacitus_

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/moon-guard/Tzunjin/advanced

Ok raid people, what do I need to do next for gear? I've done my LFR for ToT and half of the SoO LFRs. I guess I could LFR wing 3 and 4, but I feel like I'm way too undergeared for it. My guild is supposedly doing a flex Saturday, but I have my doubts about it. Try to find ToT flex through OQ maybe? And I have enough valor to buy something from the Shado-pan Assault lady

There's no ToT flex. Just do SOO LFR, don't be shy.

TheYanger

If you can queue it, you're fine :) 503 would be a hard carry in a flex SoO, but you'll be totally fine in LFR. If your friends don't mind the flex will help immensely with gear too, of course. The biggest thing you can do to succeed at this point is just play your class well and hope the stuff you want drops.

If you can afford it, get the enchants/reforges/etc. straightened out, it helps immensely.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Got a chest off wing 3 LFR. Group went surprisingly well despite the tanks swinging the t-rex all over the place. and WOW Spoils is easy.

Also, Direhorn pets are the best. And is there anything I can be killing for rep or something else on the Isle of Thunder while I kill these trolls trying to get this freaking bow to drop?

Slayerx

First world problems, one of my RaF characters is 69 the other one is 68, one can only queue for wrath random dungeons and the other one only bc. This is the worst :(

First world problems, one of my RaF characters is 69 the other one is 68, one can only queue for wrath random dungeons and the other one only bc. This is the worst :(

Just selective queue them both for Magister's Terrace and whatever other end-game BC dungeons.

Lock hit 68 today by the way. Been Destro 99% of the time, which is pretty fun. Probably gonna rest him now that he's to Northrend. Need to level his professions too. Tailoring he's in the silk stage, Alchemy was his second one, but I haven't started on it - don't have a high level herbalist on this realm at the moment. Need to figure out what to give my Priest as a second profession as well, maybe another Alchemist, or I could temporarily give her a gathering one. Likely not doing another enchanter anytime soon since my DK is one, so Engineering is the only other real option besides Alchemy. My Warrior is a max JC and that's not a bad option, but it's a pain to level.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost

Grant level! Or specific queue until the other levels up.

Also the win 2 bg's quest for the cloak is basically impossible as alliance. 4 hours of bg's and never came close to winning once.

Ultratech

Got a chest off wing 3 LFR. Group went surprisingly well despite the tanks swinging the t-rex all over the place. and WOW Spoils is easy.

Also, Direhorn pets are the best. And is there anything I can be killing for rep or something else on the Isle of Thunder while I kill these trolls trying to get this freaking bow to drop?

Yeah, they had to nerf the hell out of Spoils in LFR to where you could only open so many boxes at a time and heavily increased the timer.
It's original incarnation was pretty rough given what you usually have to work with...

As far as the Isle of Thunder goes, kill Rares and go after some of the achievements if you're not doing the dailies there.

But hoping to get the Bow specifically to drop...good luck with that.
Your best luck is probably going to be checking the AH.

I got really lucky with mine in that I won it in the ToT 1st Wing LFR and there weren't any other Hunters, so I was able to Need on it without competition.

Jag

I've kept my RAF characters pretty close. Just hit 80 today on both. Getting about a level plus per instance run. I run mostly as DPS since I'm not confident I can 2 box tank/heal. Last group I had had an RAF tank/healer.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I don't get why they brought it back as a random 'world drop' green bow. It's cooler than a green item should be, but it's not so cool that EVERYONE would have it like the Bow of the Betrayer or Kael's

NeoCross

So what class is better at soloing old content, Warriors or Hunters? have a hunter at 60 at Warrior at 70, can't decide on which to bring to 90.

RkOwnage

Leveling up my Warrior from 85-90 after a long break. I've gotten pretty heavily involved in pet battles...right now I am just leveling them from 1-25, but I was wondering what the course of action is to gear up in 5.4, is it still grind heroics ...do raid finder....profit?

Also, I'm Alliance if you guys share battletags and stuffs.

Leveling up my Warrior from 85-90 after a long break. I've gotten pretty heavily involved in pet battles...right now I am just leveling them from 1-25, but I was wondering what the course of action is to gear up in 5.4, is it still grind heroics ...do raid finder....profit?

Also, I'm Alliance if you guys share battletags and stuffs.

Timeless Isle -> ToT LFR -> SoO LFR.

jdavid459

So I've been out of WoW for awhile. I've played a bunch of times and have never reached max level. Usually get super bored of questing to level up. I have played post-cataclysm with the new questing but it boring.

I want to play an MMO though and was wondering if its a good time to jump in. Is the questing easier/faster at all since MoP. Also is there a lot of fun stuff to do endgame if I make it?

Thanks!

Ultratech

And I'm halfway done with the SoO Meta.

Got all the achievements from Wing 1 & 2.

I'd say the only one we had trouble was with the first boss (you have to keep the black blobs from merging which means lots of slows, stuns, and whatnot;).

Everything else, we managed to pull off without too much trouble and one-shotted those fights.

Just gotta find a way to get Wings 3 & 4 done now.

I finally earned my Loremaster title tonight. Had over 9000 quests on my main, 500 on one alt, and roughly 250 on another. Cata really fucked me up and it took some help and inspiration from another GAFfer to even want to attempt going for it again in EK and Kalimdor. But at least it's done now and before WoD.

I finally earned my Loremaster title tonight. Had over 9000 quests on my main, 500 on one alt, and roughly 250 on another. Cata really fucked me up and it took some help and inspiration from another GAFfer to even want to attempt going for it again in EK and Kalimdor. But at least it's done now and before WoD.

I really should finish that before WoD. Have Outland, Kalimdor, and EK to do. A good portion of those already done though.

I really should finish that before WoD. Have Outland, Kalimdor, and EK to do. A good portion of those already done though.

If you can find someone to do Outland with you, it might make it a little more fun. There are quests there that are insanely painful now even if you're over powered. My sticking point was that I had 80% of Kal and 90% of EK to do because I didn't finish the zone before Cata. When the new quests dropped in and everything was revamped, I usually had to start fresh in each zone. Up until there, I had all the expansions done. Felt really defeated and didn't want to touch it even though I knew I wanted the title.

Dot50Cal

Banned
Just got my Warrior to 90, yay! God damn are Fury warriors abysmal at timeless isle gear levels. I feel like a slug pulling 50-60k. I could switch to arms but I'm lazy and eventually would swap back to fury anyway.

Got a ring off LFR Spoils today, then spent my last token and rolled on Thok and got another (was hoping for trinket). Would have been great if I didn't already have a Timless 543 one. So I had to DE the Spoils one since the Thok one is better.

Also got a boots upgrade.

Last slots that elude me from SoO LFR are gloves, second trinket, and neck. Though I have a spare Timeless neck, might try to grind out a Burden to upgrade it. Not necessarily gonna be fun though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom