• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZenaxPure

Just got my Warrior to 90, yay! God damn are Fury warriors abysmal at timeless isle gear levels. I feel like a slug pulling 50-60k. I could switch to arms but I'm lazy and eventually would swap back to fury anyway.

60k sounds about accurate for that gear level to me. Assuming you are still using shit weapons anyway. My monk is doing about the same in similar gear.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Troll Paladin would let me actually play a paladin.

Jag

I don't get why they brought it back as a random 'world drop' green bow. It's cooler than a green item should be, but it's not so cool that EVERYONE would have it like the Bow of the Betrayer or Kael's

I'm actually rocking Melmorta's. I had every decent hunter bow, but I don't see people using this one.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
since you can be an undead priest its weird that you cant be a Undead Palladin

Well, they aren't alone in that. Worgen, Night elves, trolls can all be priests but not paladins as well.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
You'd think Orcs would have done that years ago. Or Paladins 'force' the light. Or Druids 'force' nature. It's lazy grimdark writing.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Got Ancient Archer's Chestguard on Spoils yesterday
Ran Garrosh today
Got Chestguard of Relentless Tyranny
Roll again
Chestguard of Relentless Tyranny

Somebody's fucking with me.

I think I know what I'm going to do in 2014.

'Casually' grind out achievements and level up horde characters, as I've never really played horde. Alliance for 10 years (give or take).

Anoregon

Got Ancient Archer's Chestguard on Spoils yesterday
Ran Garrosh today
Got Chestguard of Relentless Tyranny
Roll again
Chestguard of Relentless Tyranny

Somebody's fucking with me.

I've got haromm's helm 3 times on my hunter and still don't have the trinket.

Female Draenei casting animation is THE BEST. I dunno how I'm gonna go back to my Tauren Shaman when I get around to it.

Could change him to an Orc I suppose, but I already have to server transfer him at some point here - race change would be too much.

Maybe if the run deals on the character services again before WoD releases.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Barth's a warrior :) He just happens to champion a faction that works for the light, but he does not use the light himself.

Hour long wait for Downfall LFR to get the first 2 bosses. Jump in. Tank runs past sentries and everyone dies. Can't even rez because rezzer pulls neverending sentinels. And now I hit the queue again. I'd rather be doing Flex Wing 1, but it's the only LFR bosses I haven't looted yet, and I still need everything I can get

Tacitus_

Is there anything in Timeless Isle I need to focus on? I am not familiar with the place at all. Are there any guides out there for "Getting Started in Timeless Isles" ? Pretty much going in blind as of right now.

Just do stuff. Kill rare elites if you can, open any chest you find and do the events if you can. Otherwise, find a nice farming spot and kill stuff for coins.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Just do stuff. Kill rare elites if you can, open any chest you find and do the events if you can. Otherwise, find a nice farming spot and kill stuff for coins.

Not a lot on the island a fresh 90 warrior can farm. Just get the chest guide then try to pick off rares until you've got enough coins for the weapon. Even at 510 my prot warrior has some issue with a chunk of the mobs there.

Will they update armors and weapons when they update the character models? It just occured to me, that many armors from Vanilla WoW are very low poly. won't they look very weird with these new improved models if not updated?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Nope. Ideally all the Draenor gear will be higher rez though.

Updating all the armor would take an eternity. They should update some of the more popular hunter pet models though instead of just making 'new ones'

Khezu

Weird Hunter opinions that no one will agree with.

Trap Launcher is stupid and should have never existed.
The only trap that needed to be ranged was frost, which they should have just given us a frost arrow, well they did, but one that wasn't clunky, just a straight up shot, that worked just like Wyvern Sting.

Traps should only be visable by the Hunter, other Hunters, Rogues, and party members.
Explosive trap should also be a lot stronger and just scary thing you don't ever want to step on.

Glyph of Camo should be baseline, and when standing still in Camo, the duration doesn't go down, only when moving.

Volley should return, even if just as a minor cosmetic glyph like glyph of Corpse Explosion.

Even weirder opinions.

....I miss the deadzone. and having melee abilities. Though I would have preferred if they weren't weapon based, more along the lines of just using gadgets or stabbing a fool in the eye with an arrow

Tacitus_

Not a lot on the island a fresh 90 warrior can farm. Just get the chest guide then try to pick off rares until you've got enough coins for the weapon. Even at 510 my prot warrior has some issue with a chunk of the mobs there.

That's cos you're a prot warrior. I can do everything outside of the harder elites on my ele shaman in 515 resto gear.

Mothman91

Got like less than 3 weeks left on time to play and about to hit Cataclysm content on my 4th max leveling toon. Done Hyjal on all 3 of them. I only needed to do a little of Vashj'ir to get the water mount so I can get those water herbs there.

What's the consensus of Vashj'ir? Should I finally take an attempt on doing it? Or is it a horrible zone as I've heard many times.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I got a question for other hunters. I've got a macro to MD the focus(always a tank for me) automatically and if there's no focus, it goes to my pet automatically.

I don't use MD enough. Should I tie this macro(since it's not on a GCD) to something AOE like glaive toss that tends to lead to me getting extra mobs? I feel like my tank pet's not using thunderstomp enough
Got like less than 3 weeks left on time to play and about to hit Cataclysm content on my 4th max leveling toon. Done Hyjal on all 3 of them. I only needed to do a little of Vashj'ir to get the water mount so I can get those water herbs there.

What's the consensus of Vashj'ir? Should I finally take an attempt on doing it? Or is it a horrible zone as I've heard many times.

You'd be fine doing it once then never wanting to do it again.

Oh man the fun I had with Misdirect when it was first released. We ran ZG and no one really knew what the ability did, so I stuck it on a little Gnome Mage... fired a aimed shot at a Berzerker and watched as it raged towards the Mage at 100 miles an hour.

Me and my friend were laughing uncontrollably for a good few minutes on Teamspeak. Did this about three times before we finally stopped and carried on normally. Mage was like 'I don't know why I aggro!'

'I DID NOTHING!"'

Shit, I'm laughing now thinking about it. Too good.

Jag

I got a question for other hunters. I've got a macro to MD the focus(always a tank for me) automatically and if there's no focus, it goes to my pet automatically.

I don't use MD enough. Should I tie this macro(since it's not on a GCD) to something AOE like glaive toss that tends to lead to me getting extra mobs? I feel like my tank pet's not using thunderstomp enough.

You mean solo or in a group? Solo I just use my MD Macro and multi-shot everything to the pet. My turtle's thunderstomp is usually enough to hold big groups.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
You mean solo or in a group? Solo I just use my MD Macro and multi-shot everything to the pet. My turtle's thunderstomp is usually enough to hold big groups.

I mean both. I'm using a Direhorn, and tank aggro in groups are so hardcore that I'm not really worried about that now. My only real issue has been that MD has a slightly longer CD than Glaive Toss. But this way it's constantly applying MD on AOEs which is usually where I have trouble.

I'm testing it on the goblin engineers and siege engines while trying to get my Supply Satchel, and it seems to work ok, but the engine keeps bumping my pet away so his thunderstomps don't hit the goblins. Not that it matters that much, the goblins don't hurt enough for Spirit Bond to give a flip
Oh man the fun I had with Misdirect when it was first released. We ran ZG and no one really knew what the ability did, so I stuck it on a little Gnome Mage... fired a aimed shot at a Berzerker and watched as it raged towards the Mage at 100 miles an hour.

Me and my friend were laughing uncontrollably for a good few minutes on Teamspeak. Did this about three times before we finally stopped and carried on normally. Mage was like 'I don't know why I aggro!'

'I DID NOTHING!"'

Shit, I'm laughing now thinking about it. Too good.

Outside of griefing, I wish every class had an MD type ability. It is so incredibly useful for pulling mobs off of healers.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Kor'Kron supply satchel, Tome of the Lost Legion, and Restrung Voodoo Bow

I'm on a streak of grinding things that never drop

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I just did it. I just spent 3k gold on a transmog bow in the neutral AH. Hopefully I make some of the money back off this Crystalforged War Axe I found. You scratch my back, Draneei, I scratch yours.
wowscrnshot_122713_198ksx7.jpg
Worth it.

Anoregon

Ya I mean honestly if you are a troll hunter and you don't use that you are just an embarrassment.

Khezu

I just realized I haven't done any of those scenario things yet.

Well, outside of the ones on the island of thunder.

Are they all like that? Because those were kind of a chore.

Any decent rewards for doing them at this point?

Slayerx

Cata dungeons are brutal with low ilvl (232 that you buy off vendors). The jump in difficulty is so massive lol. Boss abilities basically one shot my tank when they go off :/ Might quest a bit for 272 gear still a lot of xp this way.

Ultratech

Opinions:

Weird Hunter opinions that no one will agree with.

Trap Launcher is stupid and should have never existed.
The only trap that needed to be ranged was frost, which they should have just given us a frost arrow, well they did, but one that wasn't clunky, just a straight up shot, that worked just like Wyvern Sting.

It has its uses. At least it's just a Toggle if you don't want it on (and that comes in handy sometimes).

Traps should only be visable by the Hunter, other Hunters, Rogues, and party members.
Explosive trap should also be a lot stronger and just scary thing you don't ever want to step on.

Glyph of Explosive Trap: Suddenly Knockbacks got fun. :D
Other than that though, it's use is WAY too situational.

Glyph of Camo should be baseline, and when standing still in Camo, the duration doesn't go down, only when moving.

Agreed.

Volley should return, even if just as a minor cosmetic glyph like glyph of Corpse Explosion.

Get the Legendary Cape and you kinda have this.

Got the Wing 3 achievements earlier tonight. Really easy stuff.
The combined DPS we had in our group made the entire wing a joke.
Seeing that giant snail devour Thok though...lol

All I got left now on the SoO Meta is the Siegecrafter and Paragon achievements...which may take a little while.

Salamando

I just realized I haven't done any of those scenario things yet.

Well, outside of the ones on the island of thunder.

Are they all like that? Because those were kind of a chore.

Any decent rewards for doing them at this point?

There are two difficulties of Scenarios...regular and Heroic.

Regulars will get you a small bit of Valor, crappy blues, and some justice. If you're into the Brawler's Guild at all, two of the special fights require items from Scenario rewards chest. They tend not to be worth doing now that Timeless Isle's in town.

Heroic Scenarios have a chance of dropping 516 loot, in addition to the gold and 120 valor. The valor's the real reason you'll run these. They're quick and usually painless.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I really hate that all my irl friends that play WoW just seem to want to do pvp. Like I get it, but it just sucks because we never get to do anything together as I have zero interest in pvp.

So like I thought it would be fun to try and give CMs a try. It doesn't require them raiding, it's something we can just dedicate a small amount of time every day to. Nope. No interest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom