• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.
Garrosh y u no drop anything?

Nothing from Wing 4 LFR this week.

Honestly not worth the trouble if nothing drops :/

Took like 3 hours. More wipes on Blackfuse Trash than anything else, but once the deadbeat tanks/healers got dropped, it went fairly smoothly. One-shot Paragons, two-shot Garrosh.

CassSept

there is nothing difficult in sunwell for soloing

For less burst classes Brutallus can be a problem at lower gear levels. On my assa rogue I couldn't solo him out of the gate, I needed to gear up a little first. Then again, with Timeless Isle this might be a minor nuisance.

Liha

Banned
I play again since nearly 8 weeks and CM Gold within 3 days, I am happy.

h54zyl1qf19z.jpg

Liha

Banned
Hm, what'd you use to get prepared, if anything?

Did them all with the same people?

I knew nothing about the tactics, we played the heroic version before and the leader explained everything.

Yes, setup was
Tank Warrior (me)
Warlock
Elementality Shaman (leader)
Holy Paladin
XY (random player)

We completed all dungeons with 1-4 wipes.

Khezu

How hard/time consuming is it to do all the Black Prince stuff and get a Legendary Cloak?

Do I need to be in a raid guild to do it?

How hard/time consuming is it to do all the Black Prince stuff and get a Legendary Cloak?

Do I need to be in a raid guild to do it?

No, you can get the entire quest done via LFR. The entire quest line will take 2-3 months since you have to get 10 sigils of power and wisdom, but thankfully all the raids (ToT and SoO) drop them now, cutting the time in half.

Then you have to collect 40 trillium bars and 20 Secrets of the Empire and the Heart of the Thunder King which only drop in ToT.

Lastly you have to collect *yet again* 12 Titan Runestones that drop in ToT and SoO. There's a few other things like a PVP event and a encounter witih Nalak that can solo vs being in a raid, but you can see why it takes so long as you have a ton of stuff to collect and only 1 or 2 items are 100% as they drop off the end boss of a raid.

Check this link out for the entire process, http://www.wowhead.com/news=217993/mists-of-pandaria-legendary-cape-guide-updated-for-5-4

No, you can get the entire quest done via LFR. The entire quest line will take 2-3 months since you have to get 10 sigils of power and wisdom, but thankfully all the raids (ToT and SoO) drop them now, cutting the time in half.

Then you have to collect 40 trillium bars and 20 Secrets of the Empire and the Heart of the Thunder King which only drop in ToT.

Lastly you have to collect *yet again* 12 Titan Runestones that drop in ToT and SoO. There's a few other things like a PVP event and a encounter witih Nalak that can solo vs being in a raid, but you can see why it takes so long as you have a ton of stuff to collect and only 1 or 2 items are 100% as they drop off the end boss of a raid.

Check this link out for the entire process, http://www.wowhead.com/news=217993/mists-of-pandaria-legendary-cape-guide-updated-for-5-4

there is nothing difficult in sunwell for soloing

Sunwell is pretty easy, the only pain is with Felmyst and her mist / fog ability which normally MC's you, but since you're solo it's insta-death.

Sun well is easy to farm?i barely did any bc raiding. Sorry if the questions sound redundant. Bc stuff is what I'm mainly ignorant on.

Aside from Brutallus damage (you have to kite him) buff and those pesky warlocks buffs (kill them first, that instance is very easy to soloing.

Oh and the corrupted dragon mist that can instant kills you

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Onyxia 25 is still a pain to solo. Even on my hunter. There's some weird issue where your pet becomes obsessed with chasing after her and not any of the adds. Even if you pull him off and try to make him attack others manually.

Maybe using move to could work.

Tacitus_

Onyxia 25 is still a pain to solo. Even on my hunter. There's some weird issue where your pet becomes obsessed with chasing after her and not any of the adds. Even if you pull him off and try to make him attack others manually.

Maybe using move to could work.

What behavior is your pet on?

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
What reason would you have to solo Onyxia 25 instead of 10? Isnt there the same loot and mount in both versions?

Khezu

So is there still valor gear or do you just use it to upgrade your gear now?

Should I even bother upgrading my crappy timeless gear?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
There's valor gear. You can buy a 522 neck immediately from the lady in Townlong Steppes. Once you do LFR and get your Shado-Pan assault rep up you can buy some more 500+ items.

Why is it MoP made ALL herb/mining possible for any level but not skinning?

RkOwnage

farming the BC pets, is SSC and TK soloable now? I remember something about Kael'Thas being near impossible to solo, but I don't know if that was disproved or what.

Salamando

farming the BC pets, is SSC and TK soloable now? I remember something about Kael'Thas being near impossible to solo, but I don't know if that was disproved or what.

Yeah, they're soloable. My Monk was able to go through 'em in 490 gear, so anyone with Timeless Isle stuff should be good. Soloing Kael is all about the setup. You get the slo moving Boss and one other on the opposite side of the room, and the other two close to Kael. When he rezzez them, you burst down the two nearby before taking out the two making their way across the room.

Salamando

Only things I want back are class-specific quests and priest racials...or at least more race-based differences among classes. Kinda like how different shaman races get different totem appearances.

Started tanking LFR on my pally, and man do I understand why tanks don't want to queue up for it. So hard to know when something is genuinely your fault vs the dps and healers just not doing their job. Tempted to just start doing Flex.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I kind of hope all the new Draenor beasts require a 'book' to tame like Direhorns.

It's probably not a rare drop at all, but I still feel proud of my Direhorn.

ZenaxPure

Only things I want back are class-specific quests

I'll settle for the slow lengthy epic ones like they did with Warlock this expansion and basically did with Rogue last expansion. Two of the better class quest chains they've ever made. I'm fine with them only doing one per expansion if they are that well made.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Only if the Hunter class quest is First Blood, complete with setting traps and giving guardsmen a wart they wouldn't believe.

Anything to get Troteman back in the game

Khezu

This^

I also saw someone asking for ammo back. wat

Only reason I could see someone wanting ammo back is for the visual quiver animation to return.

I would settle for just one spec getting mana back, a few other classes have specs with different resource mechanics.

IDK, turn Survival into Dark Ranger. It already has Black Arrow.
Survival is kind of a weird relic anyway, and doesn't make much sense thematically anymore. You just choose it you want explosive shot.(and a kind of retooled OG explosive shot is being added a talent for WoD).

With the changes to how gear works in WoD, it's not like they would have to reimpliment falcon gear or anything.

Oh well, I'll just suck it up. Even with focus, Hunter is still probably my favorite class.

Ultratech

Over an hour spent trying to get people 'ready' for flex and finding a second tank.

Time to find a new guild.

Had this happen last night.

Got into a PuG looking to do Flex 3 & 4, and waited about an hour before we finally had enough Tanks/Heals.

Get in, and one of the healers leave. Then apparently people don't know how to do the damn Malkorok fight and wanted Vent, despite nobody using it.

Finally, after about the third wipe, I left. Complete waste of time.

Ultratech

Welp, finally got my first Heirloom weapon off Garrosh.

However, instead of getting the 2H Axe on my Frost DK, I ended up getting the 1H Sword.

Yay?

(Wouldn't be too bad, just need to get another 1H weapon from Flex.)

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I've been playing my enhance shaman for the past couple weeks and completely forgot about Ascendance. Didn't even have it on my bars.

GOOD AT GAME.

Tarazet

Working on trying to get the recipe for Vial of the Sands. Wish me luck. It didn't get off to a great start.. leveled my alchemist alt from 0-500 Archaeology in one afternoon, went to Pandaria (since you can trade crated artifacts for Tol'vir fragments)... no dig sites anywhere on the fucking continent.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I can't see how people juggle so many characters. I'm trying to get my legendary cloak on my hunter then I want to play my lock so then I'm trying to do it on him and queue for LFR and find flex and try to find a raiding guild and working on rep

I can't see how people juggle so many characters. I'm trying to get my legendary cloak on my hunter then I want to play my lock so then I'm trying to do it on him and queue for LFR and find flex and try to find a raiding guild and working on rep

It's really impossible to play more than 2 characters at once "seriously". Just consumes far too much time. Anything past 2 or 3 characters at most have to be relegated to profession dummies.

Ultratech

It's really impossible to play more than 2 characters at once "seriously". Just consumes far too much time. Anything past 2 or 3 characters at most have to be relegated to profession dummies.

Pretty much.

Like my main char is my Hunter followed by my DK.
Those are the only two I that I focus trying to gear up seriously.

Other than that, all of my other alts are either Profession slaves or in the process of leveling.

Tacitus_

Eh, depends. I play three characters currently. I basically log on my main just to raid or do daily cooldowns. My warrior is about to get to that point too so I could focus completely on my shaman.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom