• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tarazet

Pretty much.

Like my main char is my Hunter followed by my DK.
Those are the only two I that I focus trying to gear up seriously.

Other than that, all of my other alts are either Profession slaves or in the process of leveling.

That's how it goes. I have so many 90's, but only the Druid is anything close to current gear (537 equipped) with the legendary cape.

Troll Druid
Night Elf Druid
Blood Elf Paladin
Troll Shaman
Undead Monk
Orc Mage
Tauren Priest
Undead Death Knight
Blood Elf Warlock (87)

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I know I'm going to be making so many alts when the new models hit anyways. I was looking at the Blizzcon animations, and all I could think was 'man I bet that walking dwarf would look badass in some plate armor'

Even though I already have a 90 Panda warrior

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
They already said there wouldn't be any free 'face changes' whe nit happens since they're supposed to be similar to your old model. I bet there will be race change/face change discounts though

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Got a new model question. Conan showed a little bit of gameplay off-cam where it had the new Orc model. It was nice to see what it looked like in the environment you'd normally see it in. Is there anything else like that? Or was he the only one allowed to record it? I was hoping to see some of the Dwarf POV. Think Dwarves and Orcs were playable?

ZenaxPure

Eh, depends. I play three characters currently. I basically log on my main just to raid or do daily cooldowns. My warrior is about to get to that point too so I could focus completely on my shaman.

Yeah I think it just depends on how much time you really put into the game. Not daily, but, over the long haul. Through both T14 and T15 there are times where my rogue was just done. I had no more upgrades left at all (I was just doing LFR as some may recall) so I ended up playing him less. I mean, the last couple of months of T14 there was entire days I would not even log on my rogue and just play other alts. My Druid, DK, and Shaman all had pretty good gear for characters that only did LFR. This became even more hilarious when they released Warscouts/Warbringers (I mean my Monk hit exalted with all the reps with tokens at around level 30 or so) so you didn't even need to bother with reps.

Of course the legendary cape is another story, I only have that on my rogue but it's because I decided ahead of time I was only going to put in the effort on my main.

Well yeah, once you "max out" on a specific patch/tier for a character, there really isn't much left to do, so you can juggle more. But I mostly meant trying to actively raid/do all dailies/etc. on more than 2 or 3. There's just not enough time in the week without playing something absurd like 10 hours a day, every day.

Got a new model question. Conan showed a little bit of gameplay off-cam where it had the new Orc model. It was nice to see what it looked like in the environment you'd normally see it in. Is there anything else like that? Or was he the only one allowed to record it? I was hoping to see some of the Dwarf POV. Think Dwarves and Orcs were playable?
I found some Orc gameplay on YouTube.

Not exactly the best video out there but I think it does a good job at showing the animations of the new Orc model. That channel has some other videos along with a character creation one.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I look at it this way. My hunter's been the thing I've been enjoying the most, but I do want to try some other stuff. But on my hunter I'm still in the process of

Doing dailies to get a water strider(and a lot of the vanity items aren't account bound which is dumb. Is the raft even?)
Farming prince rep
doing the rest of his Legendary quest
Finding transmog gear
Killing stuff for PVP gear
Achievements
Timeless Isle for coins to buy extra ToT rolls until I no longer need ToT
Timeless Isle for a shot at BoEs.
Timeless Isle for Ordos/Emperor rep
Primary professions
Secondary professions
Getting geared through LFR(which can be either incredibly quick or the slowest thing on the planet)
I'm sure I'm missing stuff
Weekly World Bosses
Heroic Scenario loot
Celestials on Timeless Isle

And I get that most stuff is account bound, but it's like since he's the most geared, it's pretty much necessary that I start and finish on him.

Of course when WoD hits, none of this will matter, and I'll need to start over

ZenaxPure

I look at it this way. My hunter's been the thing I've been enjoying the most, but I do want to try some other stuff. But on my hunter I'm still in the process of

Finding transmog gear
Achievements
Timeless Isle for Ordos/Emperor rep

Sure, but a lot of those are what I was getting at. Long haul timed things. As someone who has been playing MoP since the second day it was released and only recently went on hiatus (due to a bunch of different factors) all the things I deleted from that list is stuff I've been done with for months, some of them (like professions and water strider) since the very first month of the expansion. It gets compounded as well when there is less you want to do. For example in 5.3 the only things I cared about that were added was new Brawler's Guild bosses and Heroic Scenarios. Heroic Scenario rewards were gated at one chance per day so that's not a big deal, and outside of the final boss (and some challenge cards I still need) I was done with the Brawler's Guild stuff fairly quickly. It was another 4 months before 5.4 was out which was basically over 1/4th of a year I had nothing to do on my rogue.

Mostly I'm just getting at that you shouldn't be surprised someone can juggle multiple characters when they've been playing an expansion from the start.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Anybody know where I can get a better ranged weapon? I'm saved to all the LFRs, but my Timeless Isle bow is holding me back hardcore. Even the Veil one is better. I even did my H scen with the quest and only got shoulders

Fack. Forgot about the fishing contest this week until late and I was in the middle of running an errand when it started. Doesn't help that 5 EST is a really shitty time compared to 2, 3, or 4 PM.

Next week I guess for the pole, and then never again (unless I want the pole on other characters...) if I get it!

Magnus

I don't know if this has been brought up yet, but gamestop/eb games now sell Character Transfer and Mount cards for $25 each. Finally, you can use banked store credit or traded games to pay for these services - very cool!

I believe the only ones available are a server transfer, and the Heart of the Ancients mount. I have to believe they'll expand this considerably if these two sell well.

I wish you could just apply it to any type of character transfer or mount though, instead of just those two.... :(

Khezu

They should also allow it to be used as a flying mount, similar to the HHM mount.

Same with DK mounts.

Would be kinda weird with Pally mounts though. Maybe add a cloud animation to it, like that weird blizz store mount.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Observation: Every single race that isn't Padaren that wears the Shado-pan Replica helm looks terrible.

Every single one.

I wish they would add some more class specific mounts. Even it out a little. One ground mount and one flying mount for each class. Throw some wings on the Dreadsteed and the pala equivalent, and leave the Felsteed and the pala equivalent on the ground. Not easy to come up with what mounts the classes would get though. I'd love it if the mounts changed appearance based on the spec of the rider. Like a flying mount of fire for a fire mage, ice for a frost mage, and arcane energy for an arcane mage. The protection paladins mount could be decked out in awesome armor, while the ret pala mount could be similar, but with more offensive looking armor. The holy one would be more plain, but shining brightly like the glyph, or something. Some classes are obviously easier to come up with ideas for than others, like how would you differentiate between the hunter specs, and their boar mount (there needs to be a boar mount soon).

They should also allow it to be used as a flying mount, similar to the HHM mount.

Same with DK mounts.

Would be kinda weird with Pally mounts though. Maybe add a cloud animation to it, like that weird blizz store mount.

There's that Bone Gryphon you can buy at the Ebon Hold if you didn't know. It has a pretty nice skeleton (no pun intended), but I don't use it too much - lots of other fancy mounts out there to ride.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Here's a fucking throwback that I bet a lot of people forgot about.

Remember when different races of priests had a unique ability? And the dwarf one was like far away the best?

Reel tawk:

Why don't you get bonus Justice Points for completing a random dungeon if you're capped on Valor for the week?

So stupid that you get jack shit extra.

Just started playing for the first time since 2009. Just got to 87 and am loving Panderia. All the rare mobs are awesome. It's fun to have little random challenges and get somw blue loot. I got a trinket tthatand that heals me. I haven't tried it yet though.

Man I missed WoW. Anyone on Veknilash?

Khezu

I hope in WoD, they model an entire zone after how they did timeless isles and Isle of thunder. Just fill it to the brim of stuff to do, and reasons to come back.

Preferably Nagrand, since that's a place I would like to hang out the most.

Mmm. Finally wrapped up the Ulduar 25 Meta via OpenRaid and got the beauty that is the Ironbound Proto-Drake.

Have had a lot of it done since 2009. And speaking of Ulduar memories - I was sick with the Swine Flu the week my guild at the time finally downed Yogg-Saron (regular) which was something like the week or two after 3.2 released and not all of ToC was out yet. So I missed that week, and they never went back to him again. So disappointing. I'm not sure why we didn't continue to raid Ulduar much for Val'anyr fragments - I guess progression on ToC took too long. I remember regular Faction Champions being a roadblock for a week or two at least, and I'm pretty sure we never got past Heroic Champions with that guild before it sort of dissolved.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I use an Ironbound for my go-to flying mount. Normally, I'd say a dwarf belongs on a gryphon, but that's like some fucking ancestral dragon for them, so it's hard to not want to use it.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Any of you guys in cool casual guilds? I'm thinking about resubbing, starting a new character (Human) and playing super casually, but I'd love to have some people to play/chat with.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I've leveled a hunter, dk, warrioir, and warlock to 90 since I've come back. They've all felt pretty op in their own ways against mobs while leveling

but holy shit this retadin is on a whole other level. I just tear through everything. No heirloom gear. 'Boss' quest mobs die in 2 seconds. Divine Storm slaughters with AOE, and if I pop my wings?

This happens
1277899829_termionator-2-bomb.gif

JCizzle

I've leveled a hunter, dk, warrioir, and warlock to 90 since I've come back. They've all felt pretty op in their own ways against mobs while leveling

but holy shit this retadin is on a whole other level. I just tear through everything. No heirloom gear. 'Boss' quest mobs die in 2 seconds. Divine Storm slaughters with AOE, and if I pop my wings?

This happens
1277899829_termionator-2-bomb.gif

Just leveled a Ret myself. It doesn't really fall off that level until 87, at which point you feel like you fell off a cliff :p

Tarazet

Yeah I think it just depends on how much time you really put into the game. Not daily, but, over the long haul. Through both T14 and T15 there are times where my rogue was just done. I had no more upgrades left at all (I was just doing LFR as some may recall) so I ended up playing him less. I mean, the last couple of months of T14 there was entire days I would not even log on my rogue and just play other alts. My Druid, DK, and Shaman all had pretty good gear for characters that only did LFR. This became even more hilarious when they released Warscouts/Warbringers (I mean my Monk hit exalted with all the reps with tokens at around level 30 or so) so you didn't even need to bother with reps.

I raided last tier on my Druid, so I haven't even bothered with LFR this tier since I have 530 or better in every single slot.. and multiple different options for most of them. I just wish I had gotten that damn Rune of Reorigination to drop, I swear it doesn't actually exist. As far as I'm concerned, any character at 500+ is ready for the next expansion to come out, and at that point, it's pretty much all of them.

Khezu

I wish glyph of lesser proportions was stronger. Maybe not as strong as the mage version and their tiny ass water elemental, but it barley does anything atm.

I love my chimera pet, had him forever, but damn does his wing span really annoy me.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Just leveled a Ret myself. It doesn't really fall off that level until 87, at which point you feel like you fell off a cliff :p

I desperately miss late cataclysm ret, the raw power I held in my hands was off the charts. 2-3 shotting people with all cool downs up in BG's.

Ugh why are bg's so terrible now? They used to be endless fun ;__;

My mage is basically an ICBM though. I love that class, shame about fire though.

So are we looking at another long stretch of no new content until the expansion?

How long was the Cataclysm drought, anyway? Like 9 months?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

Remember when different races of priests had a unique ability? And the dwarf one was like far away the best?

That's just because they designed fights in a bullshit manner, e.g. you needed them for Onyxia to even beat the fight.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
So are we looking at another long stretch of no new content until the expansion?

How long was the Cataclysm drought, anyway? Like 9 months?
Patch 4.3.0, The Hour of Twilight lasted between 2011-11-29 - 2012-08-28.

8 months, 30 days.

Activision Blizzard's Fourth Quarter Calendar 2013 Results Conference Call should be on the 6th or 7th of February. With a little luck, we get beta (or beta announcement anyway) before that.

jost

Neo Member

I also remember no one wanting to play one either. If you had a Dwarf Priest in your guild it was like the Holy Grail .

Rösti;95272405 said:
Patch 4.3.0, The Hour of Twilight lasted between 2011-11-29 - 2012-08-28

8 months, 30 days.

Activision Blizzard's Fourth Quarter Calendar 2013 Results Conference Call should be on the 6th or 7th of February. With a little luck, we get beta (or beta announcement anyway) before that.

Okay, so with 5.4 in September that gives Blizzard until May or June to release Warlords before having a longer lack of content than last time :)

Khezu

I got a chalice of secrets off some random mogu rare.

The effect is kinda cool, turns you into a mogu for 5 seconds after killing a player.

To bad I don't pvp ever.

Speaking of Pandaria rares, I got that cool BoA staff with the model that's otherwise unique to monks the other day - the one you pick up in that glade of the hidden master in the Valley of the Four Winds.

Also got this Lilypad that gives you the Symbiosis ability for your class in Pandaria. Which would be cool, except the DPS DK one is shit: Wild Mushroom: Plague. Just not very useful at all, especially just out in the world - it's an AoE DPS CD.

Speaking of Pandaria rares, I got that cool BoA staff with the model that's otherwise unique to monks the other day - the one you pick up in that glade of the hidden master in the Valley of the Four Winds.

Also got this Lilypad that gives you the Symbiosis ability for your class in Pandaria. Which would be cool, except the DPS DK one is shit: Wild Mushroom: Plague. Just not very useful at all, especially just out in the world - it's an AoE DPS CD.

What's the name of the staff?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom