• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Khezu

Oh Hydrocane, you have saved my lazy ass so many times over the years.

I don't know where I would be with out you.

Oh Hydrocane, you have saved my lazy ass so many times over the years.

I don't know where I would be with out you.

That's what the Kalu'ak fishing pole is for though. More utility! (Though I wouldn't fancy grinding their rep again).

And the fishing tourney trinket if you can get it! (But I do have to say I'd get the pole first if you win - the trinket isn't as good as I thought it was going to be when I originally acquired it.)

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I like how guides ofr Meatball are like dis is so ez

I guess I'm just not pro because it doesn't matter how many orbs I pick up when they're horribly spread out and Meatball hits for 200k

Edit: Meatball done. Fuck that random orb placement

Rokam

Let me know when you want to do BT.

Thanks again for the help with all the other stuff. You're a god damned saint. lol

I'm done with all my flexes for the week, if you see me on just whisper me. And speaking of flex, 6 bosses killed, 4 bonus rolls, 0 loot.

Tacitus_

I'm done with all my flexes for the week, if you see me on just whisper me. And speaking of flex, 6 bosses killed, 4 bonus rolls, 0 loot.

I once did all four wings and got one piece of loot. Such is the mysterious ways of Random Number God.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'm at 2995 for Prince according to 5000 Valor achievement and capped for the week
Time to lie down and wait for death

So after getting to 87, and I'll still slowly push to 90, I think I've come to the conclusion that Priests are just not a very fun class. I'll enumerate more, but I want to hear what other people think just based off that statement.

Preview though: Mind Flay as a bread and butter skill for Shadow is ass.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
So after getting to 87, and I'll still slowly push to 90, I think I've come to the conclusion that Priests are just not a very fun class. I'll enumerate more, but I want to hear what other people think just based off that statement.

I'm not a big fan of channeled damage spells, it's one of the reasons Affliction is by far the least played spec on my lock since the cata overhaul.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Little snippet from the EU forums, by community manager Takralus:

Having said all this, dungeons in Warlords of Draenor will be a bit different to how they are now. Max-level normal dungeons will have better gear than levelling quest gear, and Heroics will be harder again. Be sure to try it out and give your feedback about WoD’s dungeons and raids once they’re available to test! http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/blog/11499600
Source: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/9052097388?page=3#52

Quite interesting tease, there. Maybe not long now before beta starts (I'm adamant that they will announce something before the 6th or 7th of February anyway). Check out that thread as well, quite humorous posts.

DPS priest? I wanted to try one but I couldnt get past to ten

Entropia

No One Remembers

I leveled my priest to 90 from 85, and yeah, I just can't get into Shadow. I enjoyed them at 85, but not feeling them at 90.

Khezu

I like channeled spells, I love Arcane Missiles and Penance.

Mind Flay sucks though, it looks, sounds, and is very weak.

Needs an aesthetic overhaul. Even vanilla Mind Flay was better.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Lightning Bolt needs an aesthetic overhaul. Look at that wimpy little thing. They didn't fix it when they changed it the first time either. It's still so wimpy looking.

Salamando

Most of the fun of Shadow is multi-dotting. While questing, I'll pull a couple mobs, DoT 'em up, keep em away from me with Tendrils and Psychic Scream, and then collect loot. Spec into Twist of Fate to keep a pain train rolling.

Mind Flay does suck though. It's a filler spell...designed to be cast when you have nothing better to cast. Works out well in the end though, as high-level shadow is all about DoTs, and they'll take most of your focus...keeping them up on multiple targets, knowing when to overwrite dots because of procs....that kind of thing.

Warlords should be very interesting. DoT snapshotting is going away, so dots will be far easier to manage. One of the top-tier talents also introduces a dot-less spec.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Lightning Bolt needs an aesthetic overhaul. Look at that wimpy little thing. They didn't fix it when they changed it the first time either. It's still so wimpy looking.

Yeah, I didn't like the original animation much but the replacement is just as bad if not worse.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Solution: Red lightning quest.

Seriously, Draenor had better have a Shaman class quest like locks got. It's friggin Draenor of all places.

JCizzle

You guys saying ToT had people wiping in LFR more.

...Do you do wing 2? Because I have never wiped as much as I have in wing 2. All 4 bosses are 'unaware player' killers.

I agree, wing 2 is brutal. Particularly the last two bosses. Those two fights are probably the hardest in LFR behind Garrosh. Very out of place IMO.

Fjordson

Whoa. Did everything just blow up for everyone else? Can't log in, Blizzard desktop app won't load any content. Even the official WoW site is down.

Nokterian

I saw that jikes that is scary stuff. This needs to be on the gaming forum.

Reading further to another post about it. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/11041384892?page=10#189

To summarize for those of you that haven't read the green posts:

-The trojan is built into a fake (but working) version of the Curse Client that is downloaded from a fake version of the Curse Website. This site was popping up in searches for "curse client" on major search engines, which is how people were lured into going there.

-At this point, it seems the easiest method to remove the trojan is to delete the fake Curse Client and run scans from an updated Malwarebytes. Should you still have issues, there is a more manual method that Ressie posted earlier in the thread.

-Thanks to Ressie's efforts, most security programs should be able to identify this threat shortly, if not by the time I type this.

-If you were compromised, follow the instructions here and we'll do our best to set everything right (as we always do).

-For those of you interested in these MitM style attacks, this is the only confirmed case we've seen in several years outside of the "Configuring/HIMYM" trojan in early 2012 that hit a handful of accounts. These sort of outbreaks are annoying, but an Authenticator still protects your account 99% of the time. Stay safe!

Don't be stupid and type in curse client in google search or something. I just typed in curse and the offical website popped up as the first link. No wonder there so many malicious links everywhere. But i am safe just checked my pc just in case because you never know.

Khezu

I just spent like 3k gold putting gear into void storage on one character.

I don't even know why, it's not like I needed the space in my bank.

Oh well, it's nice and clean now.

Fjordson

Finally got a Sky Golem! I know they're all over the place and not novel anymore, but I really like it. So many cool little animations.

It's mainly thanks to leatherworking. Golems are still going for about 25-30K on my server, but I'm finally making money from a profession for probably the first time ever in my 9 years of playing :lol

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'm trying to make quest money, and it's going slow. I just want a damn repair mammoth.

Edit: Taoshi makes me want ot make a lady panda rogue

Khezu

I wish they would find a faster way to reuse older dungeons that don't get any use outside of leveling.

I always wanted them to make a special que option that has all the dungeons in the game in it, and it scales your level and gear to what ever dungeon you enter, obviously you still keep all of your abilities.

Have a giant pool of blues and a few purples that can drop of any boss. That or extra gold, valor, justice, or even tokens.

Maybe add in classic versions of dungeons that are no longer in the game. If those even still exist somewhere on a blizzard computer.

A lot of really cool and fun dungeons people rarely ever to experience anymore.

I wish they would find a faster way to reuse older dungeons that don't get any use outside of leveling.

I always wanted them to make a special que option that has all the dungeons in the game in it, and it scales your level and gear to what ever dungeon you enter, obviously you still keep all of your abilities.

Have a giant pool of blues and a few purples that can drop of any boss. That or extra gold, valor, justice, or even tokens.

Maybe add in classic versions of dungeons that are no longer in the game. If those even still exist somewhere on a blizzard computer.

A lot of really cool and fun dungeons people rarely ever to experience anymore.

I didnt know why scholomance is on the heroic dungeon rotation alonside with the scarlet dungeon instead of cata dungeons.

Tarazet

I didnt know why scholomance is on the heroic dungeon rotation alonside with the scarlet dungeon instead of cata dungeons.

Because it's amazing, that's why.

I would love to see some updated BC dungeons. It's too bad they've gotten into the mindset of "we can't do lots of cool dungeons because we want to do great raids." Never mind that they used to do FAR MORE of both kinds of content.

Aylinato

Because it's amazing, that's why.

I would love to see some updated BC dungeons. It's too bad they've gotten into the mindset of "we can't do lots of cool dungeons because we want to do great raids." Never mind that they used to do FAR MORE of both kinds of content.

I think I ran scholomance like a thousand times and finished every quest line in that place. I even did the original paladin golden mount quest line. I learned later they just gave it to players basically. I earned mine and have always used my golden charger.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Wow, does every single Isle of Thudner daily end in you killing Metal Crafter, Fleshcrafter and Itoka? That's incredibly lazy.

What's amazing about Sholo? It's pretty basic and straight forward. Deadmines and Vortex Pinnacle it is not.

Aylinato

Wow, does every single Isle of Thudner daily end in you killing Metal Crafter, Fleshcrafter and Itoka? That's incredibly lazy.

What's amazing about Sholo? It's pretty basic and straight forward. Deadmines and Vortex Pinnacle it is not.

Being a paladin an being in the only instance at the time to have all undead mobs. With holy wrath. I think you can guess why. Lol.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Man, Tacitus I was all about the recurved voodoo bow, but Arathar with the Firelands tier on a troll hunter is hard to deny.

Also, wonder what's rarer at this point. Ironbound or Red protos. I've seen a lot of ironbounds lately

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
You know, I was the person who said I just wanted to focus on one character. And now, before WoD is out I will end up having...

a 90 Pandaren Warrior
a 90 Pandaren Rogue
a 90 Troll Hunter
a 90 Dwarf Paladin
a 90 Orc Shaman
a 90 Blood Elf Warlock
a 90 Orc Warrior
a 90 Dwarf Death Knight

How did this happen

Aylinato

Man Dual Hellreaver's is so badass. I'm gonna be sad when I get a normal two hander :(

I still have my shadows edge in my bank. I would of had hand of rag if my guild didn't give it to a shitty paladin who was holy ( I was ret and out healing him >.>

I hated the armory because I couldn't just be ret and heal in raids because the guild leaders would give me shit even when I've always been top 5 healers. Only changed after vanilla when I couldn't heal with ret. BC you couldn't do it. WoTLK you could do it(and I did hehe). I skipped cata, and haven't healed in panda yet, although I've gotten some bad healers again, so I may have to switch idk.

Fjordson

Man, Tacitus I was all about the recurved voodoo bow, but Arathar with the Firelands tier on a troll hunter is hard to deny.

Also, wonder what's rarer at this point. Ironbound or Red protos. I've seen a lot of ironbounds lately
Red Protos by a mile on my server.

The raid achievement ones like the Ironbound proto, the Frostbrood vanquishers from Icecrown, etc. are more common because pugs happen quite bit for raids every week (at least on my server). But I never see groups for like old heroics and stuff, so as a result I almost never see red protos.

Aylinato

Red Protos by a mile on my server.

The raid achievement ones like the Ironbound proto, the Frostbrood vanquishers from Icecrown, etc. are more common because pugs happen quite bit for raids every week (at least on my server). But I never see groups for like old heroics and stuff, so as a result I almost never see red protos.

What are some rare mounts still?

Do a lot of people have green dragons? I must have ran that instance a thousand times trying to get it to drop for me

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Is this kind of helmet available anywhere in the game?
Rushi_the_Fox.jpg

Fjordson

What are some rare mounts still?

Do a lot of people have green dragons? I must have ran that instance a thousand times trying to get it to drop for me
Which green dragon do you mean?

As for rare mounts, I mean there are ones you almost never see these days because they aren't obtainable anymore like the Zulian Tiger or the Black Proto-Drake, but I guess those are obvious.

As far as mounts that are still obtainable off the top of my head um...I don't see a lot of the Armored Blue Dragonhawk (reward for 200 mounts). Time-Lost Proto-Drake of course, Plagued Proto-Drake. Don't see Mimiron's Head too often. That Experiment 12-B drake from Dragon Soul is pretty rare and...actually don't see a lot of the Zulian panther from the new ZG on my server.

There's also all the trading card game mounts that'll probably become fairly rare over time since the game has been discontinued.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom