• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Darkmoon Faire prizes need updating

Ugly ass old gear, not even cool old gear
Ugly ass mounts
Only thing worth going to is the xp boost for your alts

I think it took me over 30 tries today to solo Sarth 25 but I finally did it dammit.

wowscrnshot_010514_17sqsbc.jpg

Grats! Yeah I could barely not solo him so I had Dragonzord help me out. Much easier in a duo since I was only missing the DPS mark by a little bit - like 700k HP.
Most of my wipes were just like that. Around the 20% mark is where things started to slow down and ended up wiping around 7% to 10%. I don't know what I did to make it happen but it feels good!

Khezu

I just want the female blood elves being a little taller and muscular on her face.

Noooo they need to stay short, and have tiny weapons.

It's one of the many reasons why they are the best race/gender combo in the entire game. They are just so tiny, with out being weird.

I got one of those burden of eternitys from Evermaw, how rare are those supposed to be?

Also Evermaw is the biggest piece of shit.

Ultratech

I got one of those burden of eternitys from Evermaw, how rare are those supposed to be?

Also Evermaw is the biggest piece of shit.

They're pretty rare, but not outrageously so.

The Rare Elites (like Huolon, Evermaw, Cinderfall, etc.) typically have a decent chance to drop 'em.

I've got like 5 sitting in my inventory right now, but I can't really do anything with them since my gear's better than whatever it'd make.

Kinda wish you could exchange them for rep, but I guess I'll just have to vendor them for 5g a piece. :(

Salamando

Every time a tank dies to the Iron Star on flex, I want to put my head through my desk. Such a simple mechanic you should've learned in LFR.

Okay so let me elaborate further on why Priests (mainly a rant on Shadow) aren't that fun.

1) Leveling is suffering. You have two heal specs and one DPS spec with issues (see point 2), so you either have a shitty time questing or heal a LOT of dungeons. Maybe Disc DPS is better than Shadow for leveling - I'm not sure on how they compare in terms of efficiency.

2) Shadow sucks. The rotation is boring and crap for killing regular mobs since you have two DoTs that will last longer than it will take you to kill the mob. DoTs like that /= efficient when questing. Not to mention Devouring Plague as a 3rd DoT which you get to use only every other or every third mob (though it does deal much more damage quicker than any other skill you have.) Now you cast Mind Blast, but that's really your only spell. Friggin' 8 second cooldown too. 90% of the time you're just casting Mind Flay which is the dinkiest, shit spell. So you basically have two spells, and one of them sucks ass. Mind Spike is pretty fucking useless so that doesn't even count. The other thing is that you don't really have any interesting burst DPS cooldowns. You can get Power Infusion, but that's not burst, it's more like a mini-lust.

So yeah, those are the issues for leveling. In dungeons/raids it feels a little bit better, but not good enough to want to play Shadow seriously ever, unless they rework the spec completely. Healing priests are fine, but you're not gonna make it all the way 1-90 (and soon 100) just healing dungeons. And while Shadow has some utility, if there's already a healing Priest in the raid, there is absolutely no reason to take one over an Ele Shaman or Boomkin and even if there wasn't, I'd favor the latter for a multitude of reasons.

Still trucking along on my Priest slowly for how close she is to 90 (88 now), but I can't just leave her that high without making it to cap, even if it's slightly painful to play (I can't go extended periods on her.) She's a max tailor, so I really want her at 90 so I can do August Celestials rep for the bag recipe.

Aylinato

Okay so let me elaborate further on why Priests (mainly a rant on Shadow) aren't that fun.

1) Leveling is suffering. You have two heal specs and one DPS spec with issues (see point 2), so you either have a shitty time questing or heal a LOT of dungeons. Maybe Disc DPS is better than Shadow for leveling - I'm not sure on how they compare in terms of efficiency.

2) Shadow sucks. The rotation is boring and crap for killing regular mobs since you have two DoTs that will last longer than it will take you to kill the mob. DoTs like that /= efficient when questing. Not to mention Devouring Plague as a 3rd DoT which you get to use only every other or every third mob (though it does deal much more damage quicker than any other skill you have.) Now you cast Mind Blast, but that's really your only spell. Friggin' 8 second cooldown too. 90% of the time you're just casting Mind Flay which is the dinkiest, shit spell. So you basically have two spells, and one of them sucks ass. Mind Spike is pretty fucking useless so that doesn't even count. The other thing is that you don't really have any interesting burst DPS cooldowns. You can get Power Infusion, but that's not burst, it's more like a mini-lust.

So yeah, those are the issues for leveling. In dungeons/raids it feels a little bit better, but not good enough to want to play Shadow seriously ever, unless they rework the spec completely. Healing priests are fine, but you're not gonna make it all the way 1-90 (and soon 100) just healing dungeons. And while Shadow has some utility, if there's already a healing Priest in the raid, there is absolutely no reason to take one over an Ele Shaman or Boomkin and even if there wasn't, I'd favor the latter for a multitude of reasons.

Still trucking along on my Priest slowly for how close she is to 90 (88 now), but I can't just leave her that high without making it to cap, even if it's slightly painful to play (I can't go extended periods on her.) She's a max tailor, so I really want her at 90 so I can do August Celestials rep for the bag recipe.

I can completely understand how priest leveling sucks, I think it's been that way for awhile(although I think shadows been cool sometimes)

Same for holy paladin, o man I could not level for the life of me. Could barely kill anything too, as 1h healing maces/whatever are not good for killing.

I swore I'd never be holy paladin again for raiding/dungeons. However I get so angry when people are so bad and I want to teach them how to heal. Some people just don't understand how to heal properly.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Warrior leveling is pretty fun at low levels

Then they keep giving you abilities
and abilities
and more abilities.
and more abilities.

Aylinato

Warrior leveling is pretty fun at low levels

Then they keep giving you abilities
and abilities
and more abilities.
and more abilities.

My first character is a Warrior. got to lvl 52 in vanilla then made a paladin because people kept letting me die. (I was normally tanking)

And thats why I keep with classes that can heal. LOL. I do have a mage that I've been leveling. Pretty fun.

I have a DK (lvl 80), Paladin(main and named Aylinato) lvl 88, I'm gonna start a druid worgen eventually(have the name taken and everything lol). I may eventually try out a monk.

Khezu

Remember when priests had to level with wand spec and spirit tap?

Those were some fun times.

I have leveled way too many priests to around 40 and then abandon them during the TBC.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Kang was up. Watched a human monk die to him then I killed him.

No binding stone. :[ Given that he's a rare and near the most populated city, it should really be 100% drop. It's going to be impossible to get when Pandaria is CRZ.

Salamando

Are you using Shadow Word: Death? You should be using Shadow Word: Death. Also pick up Twist of Fate. Now that it works at <35%, you can keep it up near-constantly if you chain pull. And the key to using dots to level up is to multi-dot. Multi-dot is shadow's bread and butter. Use Tendrils and Psychic Scream to keep mobs off you, use VE if you need the health.

Raid-wise...yeah, our utility sucks. We bring a stam buff, a haste buff, and a healing CD that isn't something you'd ever want to rely on. Certainly not compared to damn warlocks. They get Spell Power + Stam + a debuff + cookies + combat rez + portals...hate them so much.

Yeah I use Shadow Word: Death. Didn't mention I guess because I figured using execute on a mob in execute range was obvious. Might have to check out Twist of Fate. Seemed a bit underwhelming, but in a leveling setting it's probably better than I thought.

But yeah, definitely underpowered compared to Mages and Locks. Especially considering the portal is better than Life Grip in most scenarios.

Though even if being so DoT heavy didn't make killing normal "chump" mobs annoying, I feel like the spec still needs to be worked on - the amount of spells and the thus very limited rotation makes it boring. Yeah, you can min/max snapshotting DoTs with an addon and that adds somewhat of a skillcap, but even without one you could probably play within at least 5-10% efficiency of peak.

Salamando

The general rule for that talent tier - at least when it comes to raiding - is to go Twist of Fate if stuff is going to die constantly (and in Siege, it does), and if it isn't, go Divine Inspiration. I almost never go Power Infusion.

Warlord's does bring a spec that'll be more favorable for levelling...Mind Spike and Mind Blast do 40% more damage if the target is dot-less, each Mind Spike reduces the CD on Mind Blast by 1 second, and mastery affects MS and MB. Only problem...
It's a lvl 100 talent, making it useless for levelling.

DOT snapshotting is going away in Warlords, and it probably will make the spec damn boring, so I'm eager to see what they do. If it's nothing, there's always the free 90.

Snagged a Minfernal. Only really dabble in the pet battle stuff, but I've had my eye on that one for awhile. Matches my Lesser Voidcaller! Building out a Warlock stable, heh.

My wife has no issues with me playing games, and she even enjoys watching the ones with a good story. However, for whatever reason, she hates it when I play World of Warcraft. There's no explanation; she just hates it.

Tamanon

Banned

Surprisingly, Holy Priests start doing a shitload of damage for several levels once they get Chakra:Chastise. 2-shotting mobs in Northrend, made for some weird dungeoning, being top DPS and top heal.

Jag

My wife has no issues with me playing games, and she even enjoys watching the ones with a good story. However, for whatever reason, she hates it when I play World of Warcraft. There's no explanation; she just hates it.

WoW has no pause button. I also tend to look at the screen rather than looking at her when she's talking to me. She also had an uncanny ability to talk to me while raiding which most probably visibly annoyed me. Other than that, I have no idea why she hates it!

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!

Well, WoW has no "real" story. I mean, you just kill mobs again and again and again and some bits of story happen when you complete certain quests. There is nothing fun in watching someone else play WoW while he/she kills 20 raptors or search for 12 troll necklaces. Also, how long have you been playing? Maybe she hates the fact you've been playing the "same" game for 6-8 years lol.

WoW has no pause button. I also tend to look at the screen rather than looking at her when she's talking to me. She also had an uncanny ability to talk to me while raiding which most probably visibly annoyed me. Other than that, I have no idea why she hates it!

haha..!

... wait, what's my wife doing at your house watching you play WoW?

Yep the lack of a pause button can be very frustrating to others if you're in the middle of a dungeon run or raid or whatever. Same deal with Dota 2 and other games - in Dota there's a pause, but people aren't going to wait forever - you have to make sure you have a clear block of time to complete a game (~40-50 minutes on average).

Entropia

No One Remembers

haha..!

... wait, what's my wife doing at your house watching you play WoW?

:lol

My guild did Flex last night, did up to Thok and we wiped a few times and we called it a night due to reaching our raid end time.

First real raid (i.e. normals) tomorrow night. Looking forward to it!

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I used bonus rolls this weekend on Flex thok, blackfuse, and Garrosh, and didn't get any loot. Blizzard is cocks and cunts.

Bisnic

Finally done with getting LW up to 600. If only all of that profession was as easy as doing the last 100 points in Pandaria where everything you make gives 2 or 3 points. I'm surprised Blizzard haven't bothered to fix it.

Skab

This shadow priest talk has me baffled.

I've been leveling mine through wrath cata content the last few days and I'm just destroying everything. Unless it's an elite, things die in rarely more than 3 hits. Devouring plague alone is enough to kill most things with 3 orbs, and even with two orbs I just hit them with a mind blast right afterwords and boom, dead.

Now this may slow down once I hit MoP content, but I'm rather enjoying myself atm.

Entropia

No One Remembers
This shadow priest talk has me baffled.

I've been leveling mine through wrath cata content the last few days and I'm just destroying everything. Unless it's an elite, things die in rarely more than 3 hits. Devouring plague alone is enough to kill most things with 3 orbs, and even with two orbs I just hit them with a mind blast right afterwords and boom, dead.

Now this may slow down once I hit MoP content, but I'm rather enjoying myself atm.

It does. I just don't really like the way that thye play.

Jag

Finally done with getting LW up to 600. If only all of that profession was as easy as doing the last 100 points in Pandaria where everything you make gives 2 or 3 points. I'm surprised Blizzard haven't bothered to fix it.

You can also get +5pts at the DMF which is really helpful for those expensive last levels.

ZenaxPure

To be fair pretty much every class slows down in MoP when it comes to killing things. Unless you have one of the overpowered weapons of course. My monk was fortunate enough to run through with the arch spear, upgraded and enchanted with dancing steel so I was able to two-shot enemies even in the Dread Wastes. Was fairly comical.

I like shadow priest as well, but, the lack of a real spell they can cast while moving completely kills the class for me. I actually gave up on it early in the expansion when I was kiting Garalon and my choices were refresh vamp touch and then do nothing or spam SW:p and go oom in a matter of seconds.

Bisnic

So... if I had to choose which class to pick for the free lvl 90 with WoD, it would be priest huh? :p It's not like I have much choices left now... its either priest, rogue, monk or death knight(but they start at 55, so i wouldn't bother). I've got every other classes to 90, my shaman is at 73 now and i just started a warlock.

Well, WoW has no "real" story. I mean, you just kill mobs again and again and again and some bits of story happen when you complete certain quests. There is nothing fun in watching someone else play WoW while he/she kills 20 raptors or search for 12 troll necklaces. Also, how long have you been playing? Maybe she hates the fact you've been playing the "same" game for 6-8 years lol.

Didnt played cata so much but in WotKL I remember my mage had a storyquest Lorthemar wanted so learn more about goblin tech so he send me to investigate more on orgrimmar, he send me to meet silvanas then go to meet thrall, that dude didnt like elfs so he destroyed the letter, meet the goblins to steal theirs secrets, sends me to the gnomegaran dungeon, to avoid suspicion they send me to help thrall, assasinations missions involving taurens sending me to hunt and kill driads, then return to orgrimmar, kill blood elves in total secret then sending to aszhara for more training, go for the sunken temple then I lost tracks of the quests.

In MoP there is no such questline, you just go meet garrosh gives him the letter (which he shared admiration for the elves) and thats all.

Jag

So... if I had to choose which class to pick for the free lvl 90 with WoD, it would be priest huh? :p It's not like I have much choices left now... its either priest, rogue, monk or death knight(but they start at 55, so i wouldn't bother). I've got every other classes to 90, my shaman is at 73 now and i just started a warlock.

I'd say the Monk just because they play a bit different and the 3 specs gives you some choices.

Bisnic

When it comes to WoW, all wives are interchangeable (except for the rare ones that actually play the game too).

I was lucky enough to find a rare one that plays the game too, it's sooo nice.
Well, we're not married or anything(although it could happen one day), but it still counts. :p

Sothpaw

I'd say the Monk just because they play a bit different and the 3 specs gives you some choices.

I'm using it on my 70 priest. Been maining a resto sham since 2007 and I just can't deal with totems anymore.

Looking forward to coming back for WoD. Last expansion made me switch to SWTOR which is actually much better than it was at launch. WoD looks really cool though so I will be back.

Priest is a good candidate for the free 90 yeah if you don't have one and are interested in it since it's probably one of if not THE worst leveler(s).

I'll probably use mine on an Alliance class I already have. The only class I haven't really played at all is Monk, but I'd rather start from the bottom and learn this ground up if I ever wanted to play one.

Aylinato

Finally saw an Invincible in person.

On a horrible, shitty Draenei DK.

Not my hand of rag story. I have another story for you. My WoTLK guild in ICC helped one holy paladin get the legendary axe. However he couldn't out dps me even though I had no gear(compared to him because he was an "officer")

I really wish I could find a guild that did things based off skill instead of who is their buddy's.

Sothpaw

Not my hand of rag story. I have another story for you. My WoTLK guild in ICC helped one holy paladin get the legendary axe. However he couldn't out dps me even though I had no gear(compared to him because he was an "officer")

I really wish I could find a guild that did things based off skill instead of who is their buddy's.

See this I don't understand. Follow your rotation/priority system and you will do damage commensurate with your gear. Before I quit I did a raid with an enhance sham using daggers. Read a fucking guide people. It's not a demanding genre like rts/moba ffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom