• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Try OpenRaid instead. oQueue is pretty much just PUGing cross-realm - no better than using trade chat. OpenRaid seems to be more organized on average since you sign up ahead of time and have to be approved by the raid leader, people are more serious. You get guild runs too vs. all randoms.
I agree on that. OpenRaid has worked great for me, it's fast and people there use good language generally. Got through whole Siege of Orgrimmar via this tool.

I tried oQueue once, just gots heaps and heaps of whispers from Russian players, everything was in кириллица. I'm glad Blizzard will implement an in-game solution to finding groups cross-realm, will hopefully make it even easier. Only downside is that it's not cross-region, would be great to raid with those here that play on NA servers.

Liha

Banned
bye bye WoW

e8spn1w6gby9.png

Khezu

Since Blizzard was talking about brown orc skins for orc players, how lore breaking would it be to have red draenei?

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Since Blizzard was talking about brown orc skins for orc players, how lore breaking would it be to have red draenei?

Aren't red draeneis basically eredars? And eredars are like top evil in the list of warcraft bad guys along with the scourge and demons?

So yeah... not possible. As possible as having red orcs.

Khezu

Aren't red draeneis basically eredars? And eredars are like top evil in the list of warcraft bad guys along with the scourge and demons?

I kinda figured, but they look way better.

Red orcs would also be way better then brown.

Oh well.

Salamando

Technically, Velen is an Eredar in the basic, possibly Naaru infused form. The eredar of the burning legion are all fel-infused, which gives them the nice red skin.

There's also red Blood Elves, who again are regular blood elves with some fel-infused magic coursing through their system.

mileS

Guild is 2/14 heroic, going to be working on The Fallen Protectors next. Looking for tips.

10m guild. A couple of minor issues we have involve Sha Sear and standing in poison. Yes, don't stand in the poo is something everyone should know, but if anyone has done this fight on heroic, stackin in a green mushroom, adds everywhere + bosses and players, sometimes its easy not have a clue where the poison is(until you see you're taking consistent dmg). Sha Sear doesn't give DBM warnings half the time so I'm wondering if theres any add ons anyone can recommend to make both of these easier.

Tacitus_

bye bye WoW

e8spn1w6gby9.png

See you tomorrow!

Guild is 2/14 heroic, going to be working on The Fallen Protectors next. Looking for tips.

10m guild. A couple of minor issues we have involve Sha Sear and standing in poison. Yes, don't stand in the poo is something everyone should know, but if anyone has done this fight on heroic, stackin in a green mushroom, adds everywhere + bosses and players, sometimes its easy not have a clue where the poison is(until you see you're taking consistent dmg). Sha Sear doesn't give DBM warnings half the time so I'm wondering if theres any add ons anyone can recommend to make both of these easier.

You can use an aura tracker like TellMeWhen or WeakAuras or something to track the debuff from Sha Sear. Other than that, it's just looking out for poison and stacking everyone up in ranged.

Khezu

So there is this rogue on my server that just hangs out at this fire camp place where you do shado pan dailies.

I see him everytime I go there. He is not questing or anything. I thought he might be like a bot or something, but I haven't ever seen him gather anything, or even fight a mob by himself.

All he does he is just run around that area stealthed, and occasionally attack a mob I'm attacking.

He might be doing something else I don't know, I never stay long enough to really watch him. Is there anything worth farming in that area, like a rare mob or something?

Tacitus_

I'd even pay for a red orc skin and race change my warlock to that. Goddamn that would be amazing.

Also, we cleared SoO normal on our alts.

Jag

Woohoo! Got my cloak. More relieved that I'm just done with that grind.

Got my last Runestone on Thunder King so of course the next quest was to go kill the Thunder King!

Salamando

Is not stacking an option? That fight is very unfriendly towards stacking, especially when Rook hasn't been in a desperation phase in awhile. With the corrupting brews, sha sears, and poisons, my raid typically just spreads out a little in one area of the raid. Stacking to make healing easier only occurs for the Rook desperation, Sun desperation, and Calamitys, if we can.

Other tips: interrupting Gloom is necessary...set up your order well in advance, and have people call out when they interrupt.

The longer between desperations for a protector, the harder certain boss mechanics are. You should try to minimize time between them. This mostly comes into play at start. Getting all bosses to ~75% before pushing Rook allows you to go from one desperation to the next quickly.

Tacitus_

Is not stacking an option? That fight is very unfriendly towards stacking, especially when Rook hasn't been in a desperation phase in awhile. With the corrupting brews, sha sears, and poisons, my raid typically just spreads out a little in one area of the raid. Stacking to make healing easier only occurs for the Rook desperation, Sun desperation, and Calamitys, if we can.

Other tips: interrupting Gloom is necessary...set up your order well in advance, and have people call out when they interrupt.

The longer between desperations for a protector, the harder certain boss mechanics are. You should try to minimize time between them. This mostly comes into play at start. Getting all bosses to ~75% before pushing Rook allows you to go from one desperation to the next quickly.

We use a loose stack for our ranged (which tends to be most of our raid), spread along an area the size of the healing circles.

And I thought that the mechanics started increasing from the get go? We don't push each boss to 75, just go Rook, Sun and whatever the rogues name was. Then BL on the second round to reset Calamity damage ASAP, though I can't remember if we lust on Rook or Sun.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Does the prince's sha touched gem make pretty much every ToT weapon not an upgrade? Because I lose a shitload of agi as soon as I lose that gem

mileS

We use a loose stack for our ranged (which tends to be most of our raid), spread along an area the size of the healing circles.

And I thought that the mechanics started increasing from the get go? We don't push each boss to 75, just go Rook, Sun and whatever the rogues name was. Then BL on the second round to reset Calamity damage ASAP, though I can't remember if we lust on Rook or Sun.

We have been lusting at the start to get as much cleave dmg as we can. Bad idea in the long run?

Salamando

We loosely stack too, although not tight enough to fit in any healing circle. Just trying to minimize the number of people that have to run from something. Since Corrupting Brew and Sha Sear both have a range of 5, maybe DBM's /range 5 would help OP.

The mechanics increase from the start, and reset on desperation. Our idea was initially they're all at zero, so spending more time in that >66% phase is preferable than longer 66-33 phases. We've cleared it without doing this, but it made things a tad cleaner when we did do it.

We have been lusting at the start to get as much cleave dmg as we can. Bad idea in the long run?

We like to use Hero during problem areas. The start is never a problem area. All the protectors haven't started stacking their thing yet, so they're easier to deal with than at the end of later phases.

Tacitus_

I'd say so. You get that DPS boost with everything lining up on the pull, but all the nasty buffs on the bosses are at zero. Lusting after the first round lets you reset them a lot faster. Oh and use raid CDs for reducing the AoE hit from Sun.

We loosely stack too, although not tight enough to fit in any healing circle. Just trying to minimize the number of people that have to run from something. Since Corrupting Brew and Sha Sear both have a range of 5, maybe DBM's /range 5 would help OP.

The mechanics increase from the start, and reset on desperation. Our idea was initially they're all at zero, so spending more time in that >66% phase is preferable than longer 66-33 phases. We've cleared it without doing this, but it made things a tad cleaner when we did do it.
Sha Sear should really be handled by the guy getting hit by it -- and we generally ignore it outside of Rooks desperation when we need a tight stack for soaking the aoe. On keg tosses 1-2 guys ends up moving so at worst 1 guy more while everyone is getting healed by aoe heals. Though this depends on your raid setup of course.

Isn't that making Sun hit a lot harder before you hit her desperation the first time compared to doing them in straight order? I mean, whatever works for you, but I wonder about the logic.

Salamando

Isn't that making Sun hit a lot harder before you hit her desperation the first time compared to doing them in straight order? I mean, whatever works for you, but I wonder about the logic.

We take Sun down second. It does lengthens the first phase a little bit, but shortens the average amount of time each protector is in their 66-33 phase.

Salamando

Plop them down to Mr Robot and have it calculate for you :p

Hmmh, I suppose. Well, whatever works for you!

It's a strat we had an insanely-geared pug suggest to us last week. We've downed protectors without it, so I'm not sure if it's much of a gain at all, but seemed like it would work.

In other news, Finally got a BOA off Garrosh. It was the healer mace, and spirit will be worthless for my spec come Warlords, but it's better than nothing. Now to hope some stuff for my Pally alt drops. Given first BOA took 8 kills, imagine I'll quit WoW to wait for WoD before the next one.

Aylinato

So there is this rogue on my server that just hangs out at this fire camp place where you do shado pan dailies.

I see him everytime I go there. He is not questing or anything. I thought he might be like a bot or something, but I haven't ever seen him gather anything, or even fight a mob by himself.

All he does he is just run around that area stealthed, and occasionally attack a mob I'm attacking.

He might be doing something else I don't know, I never stay long enough to really watch him. Is there anything worth farming in that area, like a rare mob or something?

Is that by the BMAH? if so just north of there, there is a rare spawn that drops a invitation to the brawlers club. IDK, could be but I have no idea where the shado pan area is. lol

Ultratech

The dude is named Willy Wilder(after WIlly Wonka aka Gene Wilder) has a 100% drop rate. I'd say it's a pretty decent way if that's what he is going for.

I was there one time when he spawned.

It's actually pretty funny.

He'll pop up and you can't attack him at first.
Then he'll go to the BMAH and start yelling about how he won a Blood-Soaked Invitation.
After that, he'll try to run off, at which point you can start attacking him.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The dude is named Willy Wilder(after WIlly Wonka aka Gene Wilder) has a 100% drop rate. I'd say it's a pretty decent way if that's what he is going for.

But Karasang rares drop them and that's killing about 4 birds with one stone with a better respawn rate.

Man was just in the worst Flex I've been in so far. Wing 1 was okay - 1 Wipe on Sha, but we couldn't down the shaman - 5+ wipes. Started to get a little vile in chat. Tanks were pretty shit though - kept having to brez one or the other more than once, crap movement and placement of the walls, etc. Definitely down rated some people on OpenRaid, including the RL who has us not in Vent or Mumble or anything.

Hopefully I can get a group that isn't shit before the week is out. And clear Thok plus maybe part of Wing 4 if not all of it.

Really drained me though - tired now even though it's not super late. And I gotta make it through all of ToT this week plus LFR Wing 2 (already did 1 and 3) at a minimum. No secrets off Galakras or Iron Jugg.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Why can't I fucking go AFK after a death in a raid and get the rewards? Why the fuck is it when I die, they always wipe.

So I get to the pvp section of the legendary chain on a second character and I'm immediately reminded of why I swore I'd never do this chain ever again. Alliance is so hosed as is any new player not in conquest gear by the time this part rolls around.

Aylinato

So I get to the pvp section of the legendary chain on a second character and I'm immediately reminded of why I swore I'd never do this chain ever again. Alliance is so hosed as is any new player not in conquest gear by the time this part rolls around.

What legendary?

I want to use my binding stoned mob bosses as decorations for it

What does binding stones do to mob bosses?

Man was just in the worst Flex I've been in so far. Wing 1 was okay - 1 Wipe on Sha, but we couldn't down the shaman - 5+ wipes. Started to get a little vile in chat. Tanks were pretty shit though - kept having to brez one or the other more than once, crap movement and placement of the walls, etc. Definitely down rated some people on OpenRaid, including the RL who has us not in Vent or Mumble or anything.

Hopefully I can get a group that isn't shit before the week is out. And clear Thok plus maybe part of Wing 4 if not all of it.

Really drained me though - tired now even though it's not super late. And I gotta make it through all of ToT this week plus LFR Wing 2 (already did 1 and 3) at a minimum. No secrets off Galakras or Iron Jugg.

There's one thing I hate and that is wiping. Especially when they add a mechanic of "enrage" just because they don't want people killing off a boss through miraculous skill

Salamando

Looks amazing on the pictures that I've come across. I can see why they would want it

I would get http://www.wowhead.com/item=102246#screenshots:id=377184 just because I like how my paladin would look with even more wings.

The legendary cloak is quite awesome, and the Meta-Gems you pick up earlier in the questline aren't too shabby either. Caster DPS gets a chance to proc 30% haste bonus...Tanks get a 20% damage reduction proc.

Main thing I hate about the cloak/gem is my characters who don't have it feel "not ready". Like there's still something more I could do to gear up for SoO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom