• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Man, the Zandalari on Isle of Thunder look so much what I want my Troll to look like
Modelos-2.jpg
They're not ridiculously bodybuilder build like the jungle trolls, they're not freaky rail thin like Darkspear trolls, AND they have decent posture.

Sothpaw

Man, the Zandalari on Isle of Thunder look so much what I want my Troll to look like

They're not ridiculously bodybuilder build like the jungle trolls, they're not freaky rail thin like Darkspear trolls, AND they have decent posture.

Not bad but I would prefer a slight hunch back.

Aylinato

See this I don't understand. Follow your rotation/priority system and you will do damage commensurate with your gear. Before I quit I did a raid with an enhance sham using daggers. Read a fucking guide people. It's not a demanding genre like rts/moba ffs.

they were using daggers for real? lol omg.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Yea in Firelands when it first came out. Zero bosses were killed that day and I left the group after the second wipe. Just unacceptable.

I bet the shaman said "its just a game bro not a job, i can play how i want". It's the typical excuse of people who don't want to read guides or hear tips from other players.

Sothpaw

I bet the shaman said "its just a game bro not a job, i can play how i want". It's the typical excuse of people who don't want to read guides or hear tips from other players.

"I'm using daggers because they're purple and I don't have any purple axes."

:/

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
You can't use the BT shoulder token for the PVP equivalent like the others? That's stupid. I know you can buy it for honor, but why'd they make it so the BT tokens are used for the TK/Kara equivalent pvp gear?

Khezu

Looking at Chris Robinsons twitter, it looks like they are finally considering hide shoulders.

For the love of god please soon.

JCizzle

Finally soloed Ulduar since I quit for a few months when that raid was out and it definitely lives up to the hype I've read. Doing 10m Yogg with no keepers was still a pretty big challenge.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Blizzard artists in charge of Hunter tiers, I'm going to give you the most brilliant idea on the planet. And I think some of you knew about it, but I guess you fired those.

Base your tiers on what the Hunter is killing in that tier.
You are a HUNTER. You should be skinning the bosses and turning it into a suit! Tier 16, what the fuck is that supposed to be? When did I kill a giant cyclops dressed like a candy bar wrapper? Why is the tier from Heart of Fear Yaungol based? What the fuck do the Yaungol have to do with this Mantid? I should be dressed like a Mantid.

I feel like that's one thing Cataclysm got right. The hunter tiers LOOK like hunter tiers. The only Hunter tier in Pandaria that looks like a Hunter tier is the Saurok Stalker(which is from a raid with a single Saurok boss in it)

Ultratech

Blizzard artists in charge of Hunter tiers, I'm going to give you the most brilliant idea on the planet. And I think some of you knew about it, but I guess you fired those.

Base your tiers on what the Hunter is killing in that tier.
You are a HUNTER. You should be skinning the bosses and turning it into a suit! Tier 16, what the fuck is that supposed to be? When did I kill a giant cyclops dressed like a candy bar wrapper? Why is the tier from Heart of Fear Yaungol based? What the fuck do the Yaungol have to do with this Mantid? I should be dressed like a Mantid.

I feel like that's one thing Cataclysm got right. The hunter tiers LOOK like hunter tiers. The only Hunter tier in Pandaria that looks like a Hunter tier is the Saurok Stalker(which is from a raid with a single Saurok boss in it)

To be fair, T16 is pretty weird for a lot of classes.
DKs look like Doombots, Hunters look like a Cyclops Robot, and I'm still not entirely sure what Warriors are supposed to be since it's standard armor with some spikes and lights.

My opinions:
T14: Yeah, having the set Yaungol-based was kinda weird. Mantid prolly would've been more appropriate like you mentioned.
But frankly, the set is just subpar at best. The only things that stand out are the shoulders and helm, and that's not saying much.

T15: Pretty good looking set. The Saruok theme is pretty nice, but it's not that weird given their presence on the Isle of Thunder.
But it's probably the only real Tier set that's true to the whole Hunter theme of wearing your enemy.

T16: Eh...it's not really a bad set, but it totally goes against the typical theme of Hunter sets. Then again, most of the T16 sets are pretty weird.
Put it this way: it's a good-looking armor set, but hardly looks like it belongs to a Hunter.

3.5 bars from 89 on my Priest. So that's like one dungeon and change.

Then that last long grindy level :/

Might just PvP a bunch. Will need to build up some more rest though, otherwise it'll be real painful. My current rest runs out just before the end of the current level.

And I finish a Test of Valor tomorrow! Only roadblock after that is the secrets. Hopefully it only takes 2-3 weeks tops.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Man, I've got this perfect transmog picked out, but the only thing that's a problem is the head. And the only way I can get them is to either have 2000 rating(lol) or to wait for WoD and get a small group to run Heroic ToT for: http://www.wowhead.com/item=96509

What a pain in the ass.

edit: Some monster killed Arcturis

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I like the monk t16 alright.

Man, Armored Skyscreamer is finally a troll-ass troll flying mount, and there's no way I can get it til im 100

In my opinion there are a couple cool T16 sets, like the pala and warlock sets. Some are just ruined by the heads, like mage, rogue and hunter sets. The warrior set though, possibly the ugliest set of all time.

Priest is a good candidate for the free 90 yeah if you don't have one and are interested in it since it's probably one of if not THE worst leveler(s).

I'd argue that Priests are one of the greatest classes to level, as long as you don't mind doing dungeons. I leveled my priest as disc, topping most dps meters. Dungeons go much faster when you've got an extra dps.

Tacitus_

In my opinion there are a couple cool T16 sets, like the pala and warlock sets. Some are just ruined by the heads, like mage, rogue and hunter sets. The warrior set though, possibly the ugliest set of all time.

Warlock would've been fine but the robe is too damn ugly and the colors suck. They put the evil purple color scheme as the lfr tier, the green is jade green and not evil green and the heroic tier is blue and orange for some ungodly reason.

Warlock would've been fine but the robe is too damn ugly and the colors suck. They put the evil purple color scheme as the lfr tier, the green is jade green and not evil green and the heroic tier is blue and orange for some ungodly reason.

I'll agree that usually only one of the three color schemes works at all, but you can always transmog to other colors, assuming you are capable of getting the colors you want.

Bizazedo

Our guild finally started heroics after a long break, replacing two people due to real life sucking (which meant recruiting and gearing up two people and kicking a third who was a buttmunch).

Immerseus down, Norushen down.....

Protectors do a lot of damage :(. At least, Anguish does.

Made it to the Secrets of the Empire step for the legendary cloak. Got 3 so far. Will take at least two weeks, if not 3 to finish that step though. And I forgot about the Titan Runestones part - that'll take at least another week, likely two. Everything else takes minimal time. So if I don't get screwed on drops, I'm looking at 4-6 weeks to finish. Not too bad I guess.

All this required ToT LFR though...meh

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I wonder how long we'll keep the legendary cloak in WoD before it gets overshadowed by a blue dungeon cloak. Think we will still wear it at lvl 95?

Windam

Scaley member
Is it possible to run/solo old raids? I started in Dec 2012, so I've missed a lot. Would be nice if I could plow through some old raids.

I wonder how long we'll keep the legendary cloak in WoD before it gets overshadowed by a blue dungeon cloak. Think we will still wear it at lvl 95?

Well for reference, Shadowmourne was replaced by a blue quest reward axe in Deepholm, so probably 95-96, though the proc may be valuable enough for some roles/specs to want to keep it longer. Not sure how Fangs and Dragonwrath stood up to MoP stuff.

And that's assuming you even get a good cloak drop/reward - it's not the most common item slot. You might have it till 100, or maybe you get one of those new random epic quest rewards and have a replacement at 93. Who knows.

Jag

I forgot about the Titan Runestones part - that'll take at least another week, likely two. Everything else takes minimal time. So if I don't get screwed on drops, I'm looking at 4-6 weeks to finish. Not too bad I guess.

All this required ToT LFR though...meh

I'm on week 3 of Runestones and it's not looking good to finish this week so far.

Aylinato

Well for reference, Shadowmourne was replaced by a blue quest reward axe in Deepholm, so probably 95-96, though the proc may be valuable enough for some roles/specs to want to keep it longer. Not sure how Fangs and Dragonwrath stood up to MoP stuff.

And that's assuming you even get a good cloak drop/reward - it's not the most common item slot. You might have it till 100, or maybe you get one of those new random epic quest rewards and have a replacement at 93. Who knows.

legendary shadowmourne or purple shadowmourne?

I was wondering that myself. Because I'm at the point where I need to choose a guy to get the cloak on. I have a few of the sigils on everybody. Everybody is basically at the same place. Not sure which character to go with.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Why would you hide shoulders?

Because a lot of shoulder models are either too huge or hideous, and the ones that aren't too huge are usually low resolution vanilla gear that clash with all the high res gear from beyond that time.

Speaking of which I'm trying to put together a Monster Hunter themed xmog for my warrior, the best set I can think of is the AQ40 set and the twin emps sword. Any other ideas?

Aylinato

that's depressing

Anyway Im gonna re-forge the weaponsmith sword. I just found out about the reforged items from weaponsmithing from BC. Just gotta make sure I am able to make the highest one (I read that you had to have made the first upgraded weapon to unlock the next tiered weapon. Which would make you have to have all 3 steps of the original weapon, if im not mistaken)

Tacitus_

that's depressing

Anyway Im gonna re-forge the weaponsmith sword. I just found out about the reforged items from weaponsmithing from BC. Just gotta make sure I am able to make the highest one (I read that you had to have made the first upgraded weapon to unlock the next tiered weapon. Which would make you have to have all 3 steps of the original weapon, if im not mistaken)

You learn the next recipe by making the previous one (making the rare gives you the first epic for that weapon and so on), but they are all boe so you can just buy the highest one if you don't have 30 lightning steel ingots and 15 spirits hanging around.

Aylinato

You learn the next recipe by making the previous one (making the rare gives you the first epic for that weapon and so on), but they are all boe so you can just buy the highest one if you don't have 30 lightning steel ingots and 15 spirits hanging around.

I'm pretty sure I have the highest one. I just have to make the lesser two so I can just craft the refored-highest-awesome-tiger-owning-death-sword

im 90% sure I have the highest one. I was a weaponsmith and I did indeed make the axe one, and then switched to being a swordsmith because tiger-sword I couldn't resist

Tacitus_

I'm pretty sure I have the highest one. I just have to make the lesser two so I can just craft the refored-highest-awesome-tiger-owning-death-sword

im 90% sure I have the highest one. I was a weaponsmith and I did indeed make the axe one, and then switched to being a swordsmith because tiger-sword I couldn't resist

I think you're misunderstanding (or I'm misreading badly). The BC weapons have nothing to do with the current craftables other than the names/models.

E:

kekekekekekekekekeke

Zemm

Using oQueue to find a decent flex group this week has been painful as fuck, there are so many bad players. Just want to get geared for normals :'(

Using oQueue to find a decent flex group this week has been painful as fuck, there are so many bad players. Just want to get geared for normals :'(

Try OpenRaid instead. oQueue is pretty much just PUGing cross-realm - no better than using trade chat. OpenRaid seems to be more organized on average since you sign up ahead of time and have to be approved by the raid leader, people are more serious. You get guild runs too vs. all randoms.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom