• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I officially give up on doing Wing 2 in LFR. It requires the mouthbreathers to pay too much attention to be worth my time. It has about 10x more wipes than ANY other LFR raid for me.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
*Does the first wing of LFR SoO with balance druid for the first time*
*Gets the staff from Sha of Pride on 1st bonus roll*

Well... looks like i can leave this alt alone until the next expansion. Not gonna bother dealing with LFR idiots just to go from 496 TI epics to 528 SoO epics when the expansion isn't so far away. The staff was the only thing worth getting since i had a blue weapon, so huuuge upgrade.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Holinka brewing up a minor storm on Twitter over the new PvP season and the release date of Warlords of Draenor:

Holinka said:
@Oltier @WarcraftPets I definitely did NOT say the new PvP season would last around 20-25 weeks. I'd say that's the max length I'd want it.

Heavy thread on MMO-Champion about this. I hope it doesn't "delay" Warlords of Draenor into the fall. Hopefully we know more by Activision Blizzard's Fourth Quarter Calendar 2013 Results Conference Call (should be around 6th or 7th of February).

If no new information on the PvP season, release date, beta testing or general state of development has been provided before the call, I'll try calling in to ask Mike Morhaime.

Khezu

I would love for a glyph to change the animation of glaive toss into the one that Night Elf NPC's use.

I like the default animation a lot, but its a bit too big.

Salamando

Oh LFR. Never quite sure if the players are that incompetent or they're just trolling. Is it really that hard to navigate from Tortos to Megaera and not pull everything? Or to do Ji-Kun without lifegripping the tank over the edge? 8 more secrets and I'm done with the first half of ToT forever.

Tacitus_

Rösti;96371609 said:
Holinka brewing up a minor storm on Twitter over the new PvP season and the release date of Warlords of Draenor:

Heavy thread on MMO-Champion about this. I hope it doesn't "delay" Warlords of Draenor into the fall. Hopefully we know more by Activision Blizzard's Fourth Quarter Calendar 2013 Results Conference Call (should be around 6th or 7th of February).

If no new information on the PvP season, release date, beta testing or general state of development has been provided before the call, I'll try calling in to ask Mike Morhaime.

Not to mention them backtracking on making SoO normal crossrealm. While it might not mean anything, it is a bit worrying.

Jag

Oh LFR. Never quite sure if the players are that incompetent or they're just trolling. Is it really that hard to navigate from Tortos to Megaera and not pull everything? Or to do Ji-Kun without lifegripping the tank over the edge? 8 more secrets and I'm done with the first half of ToT forever.

I am so relieved that I never have to go back there. It was almost as bad as BT and Hyjal burnout.

Ultratech

I would love for a glyph to change the animation of glaive toss into the one that Night Elf NPC's use.

I like the default animation a lot, but its a bit too big.

It is pretty funny/jarring when a glaive gets stuck in one spot, spinning in place.

Tendo

Now that I am back in the swing of things what is the best threat meter mod for tanking? Or is their an in game way to monitor this? I just did an instance and struggled to keep an eye on everything going on.

Khezu

I'm surprised Grand Wyvern, and the armored version aren't more popular mounts.

I think they are fantastic looking.

I see more people using the normal vanilla wyverns.

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
Is anyone getting any connection issues lately? Never had this problem before, but it seems like I get disconnected every couple minutes - sometimes even once every minute.

Ultratech

I'm surprised Grand Wyvern, and the armored version aren't more popular mounts.

I think they are fantastic looking.

I see more people using the normal vanilla wyverns.

Agreed. They're real good looking.

I really like riding the Armored one around in particular.

Jag

Just leveled my Monk up to 75 using my RAF account. Any good tips on threat generation for 5 mans? Pugs are pulling mobs off me. That never happened when I was leveling my Pally, Druid and DK tanks.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I really miss animated avatars
tumblr_mz3kprxQvF1rlkzppo4_500.gif

Fjordson

I like the blue the best but I set up a macro to randomly pick one of the four (don't have Jeweled Onyx) so I'm constantly on a different color.
Ooh, that's awesome.

I just went with the blue one. Love the look of it so I chose it over the Jade.

My next mount purchase will be the vendor mammoth I think. Still don't have any vendor mounts on my account.

Khezu

Hunters already have basically every buff ever.

Time to start getting weird with new pets.

I want to finally be able to tame sharks.

Only usable underwater, and its ability would be to use it as a underwater mount, sorta, not actually ride it, but hang on to its fin

Tacitus_

Now that I am back in the swing of things what is the best threat meter mod for tanking? Or is their an in game way to monitor this? I just did an instance and struggled to keep an eye on everything going on.

I still have Omen installed, but threat is basically a non-issue nowadays.

Khezu

What's with all these addons that manage your rotation for you?

I guess the way I use power auras is kinda similar, but these addons tell you exactly what button to push next, you might as well be playing simon says.

Omen still, but as a tank you probably want something like Tidyplates - Threatplates or Aloft with the threat module turned on. Might be some other options out there, but those will give you a visual indicator on the nameplate whether or not you have aggro. Tanking you'll typically want them inversed (an option) from default so that the plates glow when you don't have aggro.

You know I wonder if WoD is going to have a solution for professions ala 5.3 gathering (besides or in addition to whatever happens with the garrison). Especially with the free 90s, I don't know if you want people to have to grind professions through all these old levels of content that they skipped, particularly for new players. Also similar to the cooking at Halfhill.

Don't really care one way or the other, but we don't know too much about garrisons yet so such a thing might be included with that.

Related: I did mine quite a bit for part of it - maybe 2-3 hours, but otherwise I spent only ~600g (mostly on Cobalt) leveling Engineering on my Warlock today from 1-425. Would go further but he's only level 71.

Bisnic

So I just got whispered this in LFR "devi darmi piu salute"

Google tells me he wanted me to give him more health.

Aaah, nothing better than getting asked "heal me"(or was he asking for a stamina buff?) in a foreign language.

Man I want to do Herald of the Titans, but I'm pretty much out of character slots on my home realm and I'm not sure if I want to commit one of my characters there for it vs. having the character on another realm. Especially because I'm not sure how long it would take to gear for it - tried queuing with my Mage before I decided I wasn't gonna go for it on him and I waited 20+ minutes without a dungeon pop for Trial of the Champion/Forge of Souls. Besides doing weekly runs hoping for loot getting carried by 90s looking for Mim's head. Doesn't help that you can't queue for a random Wrath heroic at 80 - it forces you into random Cata dungeons.

The thing about doing it on a different realm is I won't have profession support (via gold and gathering profs) to help get the professions up - which make a big difference. I'd have to grind that.

TimeKillr

God damn I was happy tuesday night.

We down NM Thok for the first time. Vanquisher helm (I passed on it as a DK since while it'd be a nice item, I'd rather let some DPSers have stuff, especially since we have like 4 Vanq token users in the group), STR dps ring (upgrade for my Blood DK), and Warforged polearm on bonus roll... I'd been using LFR weapons all this god damn time, so it's about time I get a good weapon!

We're starting Siegecrafter tonight. It took us so damn long to get Thok down I'm a bit worried about Siergecrafter but we'll see. We can down him in Flex when people wake up a bit so I wonder how much more difficult he is in normal.

Tacitus_

Aaah, nothing better than getting asked "heal me"(or was he asking for a stamina buff?) in a foreign language.

Bugger if I know. We were just about to pull the boss and everyone was at max hp. And my healer is a shaman so no stamina buff from me either.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost

Ugh I have 5 secrets left, I got totally screwed my first 2 weeks and only got 5 secrets each time. It was awfulllll. I hope between wing 3 and 4 of SoO and the first 3 wings of ToT I'll be able to rake in 5.

Also players aren't trolling, if we miss the third bell guardian and have to double back for it this week that'll make it 2 full months in a row where my LFR group has failed to kill that third bell guardian before moving to where Megaera is supposed to spawn :|

Peachpies

You can still manually queue for wrath heroics and doing the cata heroic daily is worth it for the justice points. There is also a few justice point boe items you can get on a main and transfer over. Depending on your class if you gear up with the Mists and cata level 80 gear you can solo the level 80 dungeons. Also getting professions leveled isn't really a big deal.

Ghost23

Well guys, after years of playing on and off, this is the first time ever that I got to level 70! There are still 20 levels to go, but man it feels good. What doesn't feel good is seeing that 4500g pricetag on faster mounts. How am I supposed to make that much gold? I think I have 500g at the moment. lol

Tacitus_

Well guys, after years of playing on and off, this is the first time ever that I got to level 70! There are still 20 levels to go, but man it feels good. What doesn't feel good is seeing that 4500g pricetag on faster mounts. How am I supposed to make that much gold? I think I have 500g at the moment. lol

They are completely optional, but you should start making the big bucks soon enough.

Bisnic

Is there a way to look at the AH outside of orgrimmar?

Every capital cities have an AH. Be it Thunder Bluff, Undercity, Silvermoon and even Shattrath and Dalaran. Since you're 70, you might want to look at Dalaran. You can also lower the price of faster flying to 4000g if you get exalted with Orgrimmar and use the trainer there. Just wear the tabard you can buy near the flight path of Orgrimmar and wear it while doing dungeons.

My realm is getting connected to five others today...what can I excpect when I log in tonight? Better AH? More folks standing around in Stormwind? More exciting trade chat?

(Stormscale US)

Up to 8 secrets so far this week. Pretty happy with that. If I hit 10 or more I'll be ecstatic. Still have the last two wings of ToT to go, and I missed out on the turtle boss - may go back for that.

But it shouldn't take more than 3 weeks tops at this rate. If I finish it next week that'd be pretty great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom