• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well my old realm was connected a couple weeks back. Now I hadn't been playing on it that much - just doing a daily cooldown mainly, but I honestly didn't notice much of a difference at all. Maybe slightly more populated, and the AH wasn't an absolute ghost town (not even having rune cloth for example).

If you have the option and aren't too entrenched, I still say that transferring is worth the price if you know you're going to be playing the game for say, the next 3-6 months at least. Though I would probably hold off right now with WoD beta which should be coming up soon, and possibly a character services sale before WoD launch unless you're just absolutely miserable where you are.

Fucking hell the price on Sealed Tomes went up 6k from this morning. Was gonna buy one, but not at 14k. Only one on the AH now too. Guess I just check every so often and see if I can snipe one for cheaper.

Definitely agree that it will remain an in-demand, expensive item, particularly once WoD is out and even fewer people are on IoT. Like a Polymorph Turtle, only more than several times as valuable.

Fucking hell the price on Sealed Tomes went up 6k from this morning. Was gonna buy one, but not at 14k. Only one on the AH now too. Guess I just check every so often and see if I can snipe one for cheaper.

Definitely agree that it will remain an in-demand, expensive item, particularly once WoD is out and even fewer people are on IoT. Like a Polymorph Turtle, only more than several times as valuable.

Is that the one for Locks? I got mine for 1k.

Is that the one for Locks? I got mine for 1k.

Yeah. On the realm with my Shammy (gonna move him eventually) there was one for 5k, but I only have ~2.5k left there :<

Not sure how hard it would be to make the extra gold there since it's a low-med pop connected realm. But 6 digits is getting pretty crazy.

Clipse

Blizz support is great! Bought a 2-month time card a few months ago and only used about half of the game time since I started playing FF14. Sent a support ticket last night asking if I could get some of the unused time credited back and they actually gave me a free month!

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Blizz support is great! Bought a 2-month time card a few months ago and only used about half of the game time since I started playing FF14. Sent a support ticket last night asking if I could get some of the unused time credited back and they actually gave me a free month!

Wow that's actually incredible. I'll have to remember that next time I sub for 3 months and only end up playing one haha.

I still remember during Vanilla and early BC when they'd have unexpected maintenance days or random down time they'd credit you a free day.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
My realm is getting connected to five others today...what can I excpect when I log in tonight? Better AH? More folks standing around in Stormwind? More exciting trade chat?

(Stormscale US)

Are the auction houses connected when they do connected realms?

I would guess all of the above.

Bizazedo

Are the auction houses connected when they do connected realms?

I would guess all of the above.

Yes, which pisses me off because I like the low populated Black Market Auction House.

As long as it puts up the last item from Dreadnaught I want before it links, I'll be okay with it.

Tacitus_

Extending raid IDs is the best thing they added to the game. Might get a kill this week if everything snaps together on Sunday.

TheYanger

Yeah. On the realm with my Shammy (gonna move him eventually) there was one for 5k, but I only have ~2.5k left there :<

Not sure how hard it would be to make the extra gold there since it's a low-med pop connected realm. But 6 digits is getting pretty crazy.

They fluxuate wildly. Also, farming them is good money.

Ultratech

My realm is getting connected to five others today...what can I excpect when I log in tonight? Better AH? More folks standing around in Stormwind? More exciting trade chat?

(Stormscale US)

Better AH? Debatable, though if you didn't have much of one before, you might now!

More folks standing around? You betcha.

More exciting trade chat? No comment.

I'd say one thing I miss about not being connected is that low-pop BMAH.
I'm prolly never gonna get anything cheap now due to the presence of multiple people who just sit at gold cap.

Aylinato

Better AH? Debatable, though if you didn't have much of one before, you might now!

More folks standing around? You betcha.

More exciting trade chat? No comment.

I'd say one thing I miss about not being connected is that low-pop BMAH.
I'm prolly never gonna get anything cheap now due to the presence of multiple people who just sit at gold cap.

The strange thing for me, is that blizzard joined my horde dominated pvp server with two other horde dominated pvp servers. Hilarious though that I beat 5 people(albeit I did do divide and conquer) who tried ganking me around lvl 81 while I was in full ICC gear

It feels wrong, but I vendor most of my MoP greens these days because the dust is too worthless to make it worth bothering to DE. The only enchants that really seem to be worth anything (read: have reasonable margins) are the bracer ones which require Sha Crystals. The weapon ones are okay too, but require a much higher investment for seemingly less profit.

Ultratech

Looking at wow.realmpop.com, my group of connected servers are pretty Horde dominated (~61%).

The population's definitely gone up.
Originally, my server was sitting at about ~20k, and now the 6(!) connected servers sit at over 100k.

Hell, I was finally able to get my For The Horde achievement done pretty recently!

It feels wrong, but I vendor most of my MoP greens these days because the dust is too worthless to make it worth bothering to DE. The only enchants that really seem to be worth anything (read: have reasonable margins) are the bracer ones which require Sha Crystals. The weapon ones are okay too, but require a much higher investment for seemingly less profit.

Yeah, I just vendor greens mostly. If I really need lesser enchant mats, I hit up my farms.

Any US alliance running flex/norm that need a fury warrior? I'm playing on Stormrage now.

So close to downing garrosh in pugs, best attempt was 33% on flex 4, sitting at 540 for pve gear. Would love to kill him in normal before expansion. I'm in a guild but they're struggling in flex right now. I'm EST and able to raid most times.

Peachpies

you should be able to use it, it will just fly at the slower speed, the only license you need would be the general flying license and the cloud serpent one if its a cloud serpent but that comes from rep not buying it.

strafer

New models in two weeks.

newModelDelay.png

Coolwhip

Banned
I unsubbed a while ago because there isn't much to do and because there is no new content for at least 6 months.

But here I am, thinking of subbing again. What is with this game...

Rokam

xCieHKC.png

So I had the quest in my log completed and had someone help me turn it in a few weeks ago but never got the achievement. Was messing around checking out old characters and it popped up when I logged in. Hooray!

RPGCrazied

Why would you play those ugly race gender combos.

Uh, well, I always play male characters. And I'm not pro alliance or horde, I play both, though I do play more of my horde characters than alliance. I use to have a human male rogue, but couldn't stand how he looked, so I race changed him to blood elf. Going to wait an see what they do with night elves before doing anything.

Jag

Hope they show off the human male, and night elf male in this update.

My first character I rolled was a male Nelf Hunter. It's still my main, but I changed it to female once they put that in. It was the only character change I've done because I hated the way the male nelf looked.

Well I bought a Sealed Tome (for Warlock green fire) for 7k. Might have been able to get it cheaper, but that price is reasonable enough for me. And I'm sure I could resell it higher if I had to.

Welp, after checking out my newly connected realm, I can say that the AH is much more fertile, world PVP is everywhere and trade chat is livelier than ever.

And I'm giving up on TLPD forever. It's just not happening now haha

mileS

My guild finally got heroic Fallen Protectors last night! Thanks to the tips posted here when I asked. We also figured out that 2 healing made the fight MUCH easier for us overall.

3/14h now. We are deciding on what to tackle next. Most of us are thinking Galakras or Jugg. From what I heard Sha is a bit more difficult compared to those two? honestly wouldn't know. Just going off what I heard.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
I noticed recently that the script you could use to make female characters topless (client-side only) has been nerfed. It now gives you this weird purple armor (also client-side only) instead.

wow_macroarmore3k3u.png

Is this some actual armor piece or just developers having fun? Looks pretty neat.

Script is the following, if you wanna try it yourself:

Code:
/click TabardFrameCustomization2RightButton

It doesn't always seem to work for some reason. Might have to relog or use /console gxrestart a few times.

Low Tier
Any US alliance running flex/norm that need a fury warrior? I'm playing on Stormrage now.

So close to downing garrosh in pugs, best attempt was 33% on flex 4, sitting at 540 for pve gear. Would love to kill him in normal before expansion. I'm in a guild but they're struggling in flex right now. I'm EST and able to raid most times.

u fool you should've gone horde. 3/14 hc needing a warr

Tacitus_

My guild finally got heroic Fallen Protectors last night! Thanks to the tips posted here when I asked. We also figured out that 2 healing made the fight MUCH easier for us overall.

3/14h now. We are deciding on what to tackle next. Most of us are thinking Galakras or Jugg. From what I heard Sha is a bit more difficult compared to those two? honestly wouldn't know. Just going off what I heard.

We just went in order. Juggernaut is easy-ish if you have the gear for it and use the ez-mode tactic. Galakras is pretty tough on the healers as well. I take it you have downed Norushen already?

Salamando

My guild jumped around. Norushen, then Immerseus, then i think Galakras, Protectors, and Nazgrim. Haven't even attempted Sha or Shamans yet. Jugg is killer on our healers, so there hasn't been much progress there.

We'd probably be doing better if we had a stable roster. We end up pugging like 2 DPS and a tank every week.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
These are some of my favorite screenshots from cataclysm.
I found them, tucked away in an old folder and I am going to share them with you whether you like it or not.

Some one kited Shandris feathermoon to garrosh...
We all died moments later.

Speaking of death, this was taken while we were questing through Blasted Lands after we originally rerolled on moon guard. We were in the middle of questing / RPing when deathwing showed up and just ganked us.

We decided that's where the story would end. All the heroes died to the big bad dragon. I guess you could call it the desolation of deathwing.

Edit:
I am a really harsh officer.

Tacitus_

My guild jumped around. Norushen, then Immerseus, then i think Galakras, Protectors, and Nazgrim. Haven't even attempted Sha or Shamans yet. Jugg is killer on our healers, so there hasn't been much progress there.

We'd probably be doing better if we had a stable roster. We end up pugging like 2 DPS and a tank every week.

Are you trying to kill it 'normally' or outranging the siege phase?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom