• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
franco-so-good.gif

Check out the video I recorded, it was honestly the coolest thing I've seen in a while.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NdCL8j-0oWI

Wait for her xbox huge attack that kills everyone at like 33 seconds.

mileS

We just went in order. Juggernaut is easy-ish if you have the gear for it and use the ez-mode tactic. Galakras is pretty tough on the healers as well. I take it you have downed Norushen already?

Yeah he was our 2nd. We are flip floppin between Jugg or Galakras, but I'm a hunter so I'll probably push for Galakras first :D

On a different note I restarted my Brewmaster Monk, got to level 45 within the last 2 days. I'm just reminded how much fun Monk tanking dungeons is. Throwing kegs to gather a bunch of shit, using rolls + speed boost talent to line of sight them quickly. By far the most fun I've had in a while on WoW.

Looking at talents and the upcoming spells, WW Monk's look to be pretty fun for pvp. They seem rare from what I've seen. Is there any reason?

Salamando

Are you trying to kill it 'normally' or outranging the siege phase?

We outrange the siege phase, but typically we couldn't even make it out of the first phase without deaths. If we did make it through, everyone dies seconds after we get launched to our stacking point. We did manage to down him by switching to four healers.

Looking at talents and the upcoming spells, WW Monk's look to be pretty fun for pvp. They seem rare from what I've seen. Is there any reason?

They are Gods in 2s, rare in 3s and nonexistent in 5s.

Outside mobility and good damage..they don't provide much cc. Nobody wants them in arena and they serve as decent FC's in RBGs.

Don't get me wrong, they will shit down your neck in 1v1.

Tacitus_

We outrange the siege phase, but typically we couldn't even make it out of the first phase without deaths. If we did make it through, everyone dies seconds after we get launched to our stacking point. We did manage to down him by switching to four healers.

Four healers? Was it a gear issue or a skill issue?

Repo Man

You know you havent played an alt in a while when you log in your level 61 Tauren Warrior and find a bow and some Thorium Arrows in its bags. o_O

Wubby

I just checked wowprogress and discovered my realm Tortheldrin is now ranked 243 out of 243! We were always bottom 10 since Cat and now we made it to the bottom! I feel like we've unlocked some sort of achievement.

But also looks like we are going to be linked with some server called Ner'zul in the future. They are ranked at #19 or so.

I just checked wowprogress and discovered my realm Tortheldrin is now ranked 243 out of 243! We were always bottom 10 since Cat and now we made it to the bottom! I feel like we've unlocked some sort of achievement.

But also looks like we are going to be linked with some server called Ner'zul in the future. They are ranked at #19 or so.

Ner'zhul was my very first server. Started a night elf hunter because that's what everyone does first. Stopped at around level 14 and returned awhile later with a warlock that I got to 40. This was around BC's launch so it was a pretty big challenge back then. I had just gotten my Dreadsteed (or Felsteed, whichever was first) and never played that character again for some silly reason.

My top-ranked server on there is Bleeding Hollow at #2 and worst was Gorgonnash at #224. Gorgonnash is where I had my first level-capped character when I got more "serious" into WoW. Started up Bleeding Hollow during Wrath. Most expansions find me starting up on different servers.

And my current is Shadowsong at #154. I've been about three months but I'm starting to feel that small tug to return. Not sure what I'll be doing since I hit the 200 mount goal and have only one Malygos mount left for me to solo. Guess I could start collecting pets? Ugh.

Wubby

Not sure what I'll be doing since I hit the 200 mount goal and have only one Malygos mount left for me to solo. Guess I could start collecting pets? Ugh.

Speaking of pets, I'm soooooo glad I farmed up my complete set of wild rares at the beginning of MoP. Collecting pets seems really annoying now. I logged back in last summer to catch the last wild pet I needed and only shows up during the summer in Silithus.

I discovered that they had changed it so now when you initiate a battle and forfeit out the same pet you dropped from battle reappears! It used to despawn and a new one would spawn later. So if you want to cycle through the pets to get a rare you are going to have to fight every one to death so they will hopefully respawn as rares. Or use one of those upgrade stones (don't know how common those stones are now, I never got one single stone either from bags or as drops).

And to top off the fact that there is no quick way to cycle through pets, I guess forfeiting causes you to lose health now. Bandaids are unlimited use now which helps but still seems rather annoying.

I still have to go and farm up every new pet that's been added since the 2nd patch of MoP.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Why did no one told me how fun demonology warlocks were? An army of imps? Demon form? Horns? A glyph that gives you demon wings? That's too much.

And on my little gnome, i look too cute for all that badass stuff.

Khezu

Why did no one told me how fun demonology warlocks were? An army of imps? Demon form? Horns? A glyph that gives you demon wings? That's too much.

And on my little gnome, i look too cute for all that badass stuff.

That's actually one of the reasons I'm not huge on Demo anymore. I think they just went a bit overboard on the zazz.

daedalius

So when do we think they are going to announce SKUs for the new WoW expansion?

I've got $100 of xmas money burning a hole in my pocket to order the new collectors edition. I have every art book and collectors edition so far, no reason to stop now!

Also, the gaf guild is on Mal'Ganis/Horde right? How active is it currently?

Babalu.

So my guild just downed normal Garrosh. It took us about 2 months due to the holidays and having to pug people. We finally had all of our core together and downed him pretty handily. Were all sitting around 550-565 with legendary capes on 7/10 people i think.

My question is, which heroic bosses should we start on. Which are easiest. Which can be two healed if any, we have our shadow priest that could go Disc if we need a 3rd healer.

Were going to keep doing some normals but would like to throw in a few heroic bosses if we can handle it. Is there an order from easiest to hardest?

Incase it matters, here is our core setup.

Prot Warriot
Blood Death Knight

Resto Druid
Resto Shaman

Ret Paladin /560 tank offspec
Shadow Priest /558 disc offspec
Windwalker Monk
Fury Warrior
Survival Hunter
Destruction Warlock

Any ideas on which heroic bosses we SHOULD be able to down if we play non bad.

Were a very casual guild but we'de all like some of dat heroic gear yaknowwhatimsayin.

TheYanger

MMO champion just published a graphic showing completion rates for the heroic bosses, those are reasonably accurate in terms of easiest to hardest. Immerseus is definitely easiest.

Khezu

What's the state of PVP in WoW?

I haven't done any since TBC.

But looking at all the stuff that has been added to the game since then, especially all the new CC, I'm kind of imagining a clusterfuck.

Ultratech

Damn RNG trolling me on Galakras for my Frost DK.

I get loot off the boss and it's the Shoulders.

So I do a Bonus Roll...and win the Helm (which I've won like 3-4 times already).

Yeah, not cool. :(

(Never gonna get that trinket.)

They can't use bows anymore? That was one of my favorite things about warriors lol

If it's like how they did Hunters and melee weapons, you can probably still equip it, but has very little functional use.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Finished my transmog
I think it's pretty cool. I've got the shoulders that match the helm and boots, but I like the one sided shoulder so it doesn't look like I'm just mish mashing. The only other pieces I would like for it are shaman mail drops from ToT so I won't be able to get those until WoD.

Bonus Orb of the Sin'dorei'd

Tacitus_

Likely skill. All of our healers are in the upper 560's gear-wise. All have four-sets. The most slack I could give one of them is they don't have SoO trinkets yet.

Yeah, sounds like a skill issue. The later bosses have much tighter enrage timers so you're gonna have to work on that (well outside of Dark Shamans).

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Got Scotty's Lucky Coin, Orb of the Sin'dorei and Kang's binding stone now.

I am making all kinds of progress on these vanity items

Poor Scotty though. He's just hanging out in his home and some asshole storms in and kills him.

Entropia

No One Remembers

Ner'zhul is a pretty decent server, it's where I started out! :)

10 Secrets of the Empire and a sexy Uroe this week!

With any luck I'll finish the secrets next week, though it shouldn't take more than 3 total.

Gotta do cruddy Titan Runestones after though which will take at least two weeks (probably more), and the kill Lei Shen quest which could interfere and push me back a further week if the numbers align.

10 Secrets of the Empire and a sexy Uroe this week!

With any luck I'll finish the secrets next week, though it shouldn't take more than 3 total.

Gotta do cruddy Titan Runestones after though which will take at least two weeks (probably more), and the kill Lei Shen quest which could interfere and push me back a further week if the numbers align.

Grats!

Getting a new weapon is always awesome on my warrior, my dps literally leaps by like 30k each time. I don't think I'll be satisfied until I get a warforged normal weapon in both my hands, but that may be awhile before that happens.

The runestones seem to be dropping at a good rate for me, I'm guessing it won't take more than two weeks. Secrets were like 8-6-6, and then on the last week I downed the rest of the bosses for 3 more runestones. I only wish that I could buy the cloak on other accounts once I was done on my warrior. Still haven't gotten garrosh's axe to drop for me, I think its one of the best models they've done for axes in awhile.

CassSept

Any leaks about beta? I honestly thought after MoP pace that they will make it in time for early January, but it seems Blizzard gonna Blizzard after all. I'm not really excited about WoD but after all, it is a new expansion...

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Any leaks about beta? I honestly thought after MoP pace that they will make it in time for early January, but it seems Blizzard gonna Blizzard after all. I'm not really excited about WoD but after all, it is a new expansion...
We will probably have to wait for Activision Blizzard's Fourth Quarter Calendar 2013 Results Conference Call in early February (5th/6th) to know about beta for WoD. Some new character models reveals will happen in about two weeks, beta information could coincide with that though. But no leaks yet, as far as I know.

CassSept

Rösti;96865958 said:
We will probably have to wait for Activision Blizzard's Fourth Quarter Calendar 2013 Results Conference Call in early February (5th/6th) to know about beta for WoD. Some new character models reveals will happen in about two weeks, beta information could coincide with that though. But no leaks yet, as far as I know.

Meh. Shame after nearly everything about Cata alpha leaked they improved their security. I remember WotLK alpha, everybody went crazy when Arthas model was datamined for the first time, stuff was pure hype.

Salamando

January? Ha! At this point, I'd be impressed if they made it in time for July. The recent revelations that there's going to be a new PVP season indicates it's at least 20+ weeks away.

Man got some super unlucky pulls in the fishing contest today, didn't end up even placing at all either since the npc glitched trying to turn in the same time as someone else - would've been third.

And the two people that beat me were druids, the class with the most distinct advantage of instant flight form, but that wouldn't have mattered - had a couple pools where I didn't snag any Tastyfish at all :/

Man Thok is such a cockblock. I dunno if it's just the groups I've been with on him, but I can't seem to get him down (on Flex). Someone (or multiple people) always die early, and it's a really unforgiving fight for that to happen, being a DPS and Healing test.

Mechanically it's not that complex, just seems like a gear check fight.

Really frustrating since he's full of upgrades, trinket especially. And there's not much I can do, as melee DPS, besides staying alive and trying to maximize damage applied.

Fjordson

Man. You guys ever have your profession goods just totally tank in value all of a sudden?

The leg armors from leatherworking have been selling for like 430+ a pop for over a month, but then tonight all of a sudden they've all dropped down to 250-260 =[

Entropia

No One Remembers
Meh. Shame after nearly everything about Cata alpha leaked they improved their security. I remember WotLK alpha, everybody went crazy when Arthas model was datamined for the first time, stuff was pure hype.

It was because they made Curse get MMO-Champ into its network. :(

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Man. You guys ever have your profession goods just totally tank in value all of a sudden?

The leg armors from leatherworking have been selling for like 430+ a pop for over a month, but then tonight all of a sudden they've all dropped down to 250-260 =[

A lot of people probably wising up that WoD isnt coming for another 7+ months so there's no point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom