• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man. You guys ever have your profession goods just totally tank in value all of a sudden?

The leg armors from leatherworking have been selling for like 430+ a pop for over a month, but then tonight all of a sudden they've all dropped down to 250-260 =[

The economy in my servers is kinda good to buy stuff, bad for selling stuff outside rare mounts.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
When they update the old races, they need to update their racial mount models too. Wolves, Horses, and Cats kind of got an update in the form of PVP, but raptors fucking warrant HD versions. They age awesomely, but that don't mean that the mounts and the pets couldn't use some love.

How many troll based continents, dungeons, and raids, and we still don't have new raptors? I mean, come on people.

Salamando

The isle of Giants did bring with it four new raptor mounts (look up Primal Raptor on wowhead). Model's a slightly different unarmored version, but the texture work is nice.

Man am I starving for some Warlords news. I'm quickly running out of things to do. Brawler's Guild is completed...priest'll finally get Dragonwrath in a week or two...won't be long till I just log on for raids and that's it.

The isle of Giants did bring with it four new raptor mounts (look up Primal Raptor on wowhead). Model's a slightly different unarmored version, but the texture work is nice.

Man am I starving for some Warlords news. I'm quickly running out of things to do. Brawler's Guild is completed...priest'll finally get Dragonwrath in a week or two...won't be long till I just log on for raids and that's it.

Collect mounts and/or pets? The mount stuff kept me going for more than I really would have otherwise. And unlike gearing up there's permanence in collecting them since they get logged into the mount and pet tabs forever after getting them. Too bad the other collector tabs will have to wait until WoD otherwise you could work on tabards, heirlooms, and toys without having to worry about your bags/bank getting clogged up.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Man, my frostweave farming spot was clear for hours today now everyone's back at it.

Edit: They really need to make it so every line cast for fishing is a skill up if they're going to require people going all the way to 600

Man, my frostweave farming spot was clear for hours today now everyone's back at it.

Edit: They really need to make it so every line cast for fishing is a skill up if they're going to require people going all the way to 600

Do you do Naxx at all for frostweave? That's what I used to get all the frostweave I needed while leveling tailoring. Probably best to look up a guide for specifics but I believe you clear up to Heigan (sp?) on 25m and the hallway before him that's loaded with bats, maggots, and something else should drop you around four stacks if I recall. From there you run out, change it to 10-man, reset, and go clear that hallway out again since nothing else will respawn before that hallway. Get your cloth, run out, reset, and do it again. You can get five times in there before you hit the max of five-an-hour. So just come back a little later and do it some more. Don't kill Heigan or they won't respawn. And for whatever reason you have to do the first run on 25m before changing it to 10m or things don't respawn or something. I don't recall the exact reasoning but I believe that order is correct.

Anyhow, should net you a ton of frostweave quickly and you won't have to worry about other people farming your mobs.

Shahadan

Nooo. Chilton said they're shooting for early summer. June 3rd, believe!

No way they would release an expansion of a game requiring you to stay inside in a timeframe when people are inclined to go outside for three months. Unless they want their subscription number to tank right after the expansion's release.

September, safe bet.

Rokam

No way they would release an expansion of a game requiring you to stay inside in a timeframe when people are inclined to go outside for three months. Unless they want their subscription number to tank right after the expansion's release.

September, safe bet.

9 months without another content patch would be suicide. And they already said they weren't doing one, minus the pre event.

Shahadan

9 months without another content patch would be suicide. And they already said they weren't doing one, minus the pre event.

Yeah they're also saying everytime an expansion comes out that they now really really really mean to release one xpac a year.

What they say means shit. They just want you to keep subbing. Releasing an xpac during summer is ultra dumb, it's either after or before. And well, given the fact that we still aren't in beta, guess which one it'll be.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Yeah they're also saying everytime an expansion comes out that they now really really really mean to release one xpac a year.

What they say means shit. They just want you to keep subbing. Releasing an xpac during summer is ultra dumb, it's either after or before. And well, given the fact that we still aren't in beta, guess which one it'll be.

They went from having another pvp season in their pocket just in case, and now they've said it's definitely happening.

WoW Insider said:

It's gonna be pre-patch in August, release September 9th or 16th. Time to deal with it folks.

Rokam

Then like I said they're going to lose a shitload of subs, unless they decide to do another annual pass like was suggested in the survey that went out.

Tacitus_

I'm gonna be peeved if they drag this tier out too much. I don't want a repeat of ICC as that burned me out on the game hardcore.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Yeah, im lvling two alts right now, but once they both hit lvl 90 and they get their appropriate transmog set, i won't feel any need to continue playing if the expansion is still too far away.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I've got all the transmog stuff on the only character I play. Once I finish leveling professions and get finish off my legendary(maybe), I'm done until new models if they're really expecting people to do SoO for that long.

CassSept

Just unsub and come back in september *shrugs*

Personally, that's what I'm doing at the moment, but that simply doesn't sound healthy for the overall state of the game. If the expansion is 8 months from now they are gonna bleed subs. It has been 4 months since 5.4, the game is probably already dropping subs, another 8 months will demolish subscriber base.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
A year of one raid is a horrific scenario. Please Blizzard, no.

Especially when many people are already expecting a release by June if not earlier. Blizz would be in a bit of a bind.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
If they go that long without new content, soon would really be the time for Wildstar to step up and come out or for Sega to get the localized PSO 2 out for that gap where people have nothing to do.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
The surprise is how often Blizz talked about their goal to NOT do this with Mists, and now here we are.

Honestly though once the release date for Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls was announced I had a feeling we weren't going to see WoD until late august at least. That coupled with their intent on not releasing another major content patch, and the datamined prideful pvp gear.

It was fated to happen again ;_;

Bizazedo

So we started doing Heroics. Norushen was easy (easier than Immerseus in my opinion) and Immerseus went down, but having issues still with Protectors and Galakras.

There's just so much damage going out on Galakras, it's crazy. We're almost getting to where he comes down, but something bad always happens.

As for the PvP season being 4+ weeks left....good, I want to finally hammer out those 3vs3's for the mount.

Fjordson

Does anyone have the AQ mount from archaeology? I'm wondering what the best method is for farming Tol'vir fragments. The original way of just solving sites on Kalimdor and taking whichever Tol'vir sites pop up or just crating Pandaria artifacts and then exchanging them for Tol'vir fragments?

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Does anyone have the AQ mount from archaeology? I'm wondering what the best method is for farming Tol'vir fragments. The original way of just solving sites on Kalimdor and taking whichever Tol'vir sites pop up or just crating Pandaria artifacts and then exchanging them for Tol'vir fragments?

Considering how rare(and frustrating) Tolvir sites were during Cataclysm, i would suggest just changing Pandaria artifacts into Tolvir fragments. After so many Night Elf and Fossil sites in Kalimdor, you'll just want to kill yourself. And I actually got the mount before Pandaria.

Tacitus_

Whoops. Apparently my gametime ran out and I don't have any money in my spending account. And we had an alt raid to normal SoO tonight. Awkwaaard.

Aylinato

Whoops. Apparently my gametime ran out and I don't have any money in my spending account. And we had an alt raid to normal SoO tonight. Awkwaaard.

Lol. I got my black smithing to 600 from 470ish yesterday, only bought elementium ore. Osbidian ore is probably one of the biggest pains in my ass lol. I farmed it around hliyal (yes I spelled it wrong I'm not stopping now lol) and rain into an 90 rogue who killed me without being anywheres near me. When did rogues become hunter like?

Next to level is cooking and fishing. Almost have my first aid to 600, even though I'm a paladin I use bandages still, lol!

Mage is 85 now. No professions though. Will probably only get him through the initial part of Jade Forest (access to the portal) before resting him up a bit. Not sure if I want a third tailor, and I don't want a second engineer, at least right now. Alchemy is out of the question at the moment since I don't have a high-level herbalist on the realm at present, but if I transferred my shaman that would change. Will probably ditch herbalism on him anyway once I get my druid up there, especially if I intend to main the shaman for WoD. Not sure though.

Getting into territory where I have lots of high-level characters and I'm not sure what to do with them all.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Finally got the 10 man Ulduar helmet for my lock.

Tomorrow I need Zhar'doom and the 10 man Ulduar robe to drop, and I'll be all good.

Rokam

Stormrage is crazy. I couldn't even fit everyone in.
31jRjDa.jpg

Jag

Got my monk to 85 using heirlooms, RAF and the monk buff.

I now have 6 90s and 4 85s. I don't think I can do anymore grinds to 90, but maybe I'll try 5man leveling with the monk tank.

Ultratech

Well, they're basically just regular raptor mounts with the Devilsaur skins.

But yeah, a redone Raptor mount like the Rated PvP mounts or the Wyverns/Gryphons would be pretty awesome.

I'm gonna be peeved if they drag this tier out too much. I don't want a repeat of ICC as that burned me out on the game hardcore.

That would be a pain...I had enough of Dragon Soul, and frankly I'm starting to get sick of SoO.

Then again, my only goals left for the expansion are basically boiled down to:

-Complete SoO Normal Mode (my Hunter/DK are geared enough for it, just gotta find a competent group...I want that mount!)
-Complete ToT Meta (so basically beat ToT on Heroic, grab all achievements, and eventually beat Ra-den)
-Get a Legendary weapon done!!! (Surely I can manage this...assuming RNG quits messing with me.)
-Beat the Celestial Tourney (I just want that Kitty!)
-Complete Seasonal Meta (just have Easter and Children's Week left)

Its a shame blizzard isn't extending the time travel to warcraft 1/2 stuff. I would love to see Anduin Lothar show up in WoW at some point. I've pretty much given up on Turalyon. They didn't even make him the hero class in hearthstone :(.

Jag

If you need any tips for the tournament feel free to ask, do it weekly.

Same. I had a pretty good list of comps for each trainer and beast. Got all 4 tournament pets, so I stopped doing it since it just took too long.

Ultratech

If you need any tips for the tournament feel free to ask, do it weekly.

Yeah, I'm still in the process of unlocking all the pet dailies and beating all the tamers.
Think I'm up to the Cata Tamers now? (I've been kinda dragging my ass on the whole thing.)

After that, I've heard it gets much easier since you can powerlevel pets through the Pandaria tamers with the Hat.

I've got a pretty good amount of pets, it's just a matter of getting the good ones leveled at this point mostly.

Man is it even possible to find a guild of people that started (or came back) late this expac and are still on Flex/Normal? I'm not even sure where a good place to look for that niche is, considering the realm forums are just full of heroic progression guilds looking for 550+ people. I'm not transferring off an otherwise good realm (Mal'Ganis) for a guild now that I'm so entrenched at this point.

Maybe it's too much to ask for, I dunno.

And I guess it's a good thing I tentatively plan to main Ele Shaman in WoD, since I see that as one of the open positions for quite a lot of the guild ads I look at.

Ultratech

HOLY SHIT

I got the 2nd Binding off Garr...it's THUNDERFURY time!

Just gotta get the 10 Enchanted Elementium Bars and I got me a Legendary!

Edit: And as luck would have it, the Eye of Sulfuras drops in the same run!

I must have appeased the RNG gods today...

Dot50Cal

Banned
I really can't believe they fucked up WoD's release. They say the same thing every time, they want the next expansion out quicker and yet here we are yet again. I seriously don't understand why they can't plan this stuff better. You'd think a multi-billion dollar corp would be able to project stuff like this.

I'm already burnt out on SoO, just got a warrior to 90 and I'm having him geared up in it. But after that, whew..Usually I do stupid stuff like achievements while waiting for the next expansion, or level alts. Except I've already exhausted a great deal of those over the last two expansions. Might be time to unsub for a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom