• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Khezu

They should abandon Titan since it seems like its going nowhere, Diablo 3 because Diablo is a shitty series, Starcraft 2 because its not Warcraft 4, and funnel everyone to make more WoW content so they stop bleeding subs.

I guess they can continue with Hearthstone, that's a pretty cool game.
Just need to find a way to make it playable inside WoW.

But seriously, I guess they did go on a hiring spree once they bought themselves back from Vevendi, so maybe that will finally be the start of them taking WoW more seriously.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Skymirror needs to drop already. Tired of fighting this chick. She's tough.

Wonder how many people I'd need to take down a Warbringer.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Skymirror seems like the only rare that's harder for pet classes than non, and I'm not sure if it's a bug or not.

Her spinning crane kick instant kills any pets. It doesn't work with the pet AOE 'debuff', and the cast time is so short that it's impossible to pull your pet away. And I'm a relatively decent geared Hunter, and her chi bursts two shot me. So you have to like immediately start rezzing as her crane kick ends. Gotta be super picky with your scatter shot, counter shot, and intimidation

TheYanger

Can't you just intimidate stun the kick? If you pull your pet back it should be enough time, I mean you have as much time as an actual melee has to run out, worst case. I would consider rebinding your 'follow' button perhaps. For instance, I use mousewheel up for pet attack and down for follow, it's super intuitive for me to send my pet in and out of combat.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Just soloed a warbringer on my hunter. Pretty easy, just took a while. Gave me some adraedaline though. No mount, but a bunch of insignias and a blood soaked. Not even sure if those sell for much anymore. Got a beach ball earlier too.
Can't you just intimidate stun the kick? If you pull your pet back it should be enough time, I mean you have as much time as an actual melee has to run out, worst case. I would consider rebinding your 'follow' button perhaps. For instance, I use mousewheel up for pet attack and down for follow, it's super intuitive for me to send my pet in and out of combat.

Can't speak for most pets, but when I tell the direhorn to come back, he slowly turns around to face me then heads my way which leads to him getting killed before he can get away from her. And you can't mend through it. It's two flashes of that kick, and he's down.

TheYanger

Just soloed a warbringer on my hunter. Pretty easy, just took a while. Gave me some adraedaline though. No mount, but a bunch of insignias and a blood soaked. Not even sure if those sell for much anymore. Got a beach ball earlier too.

Can't speak for most pets, but when I tell the direhorn to come back, he slowly turns around to face me then heads my way which leads to him getting killed before he can get away from her. And you can't mend through it. It's two flashes of that kick, and he's down.

If you tell him to come back and he's not on assist, he should be coming instantly. If he's on assist he may go back and forth on attacking if you keep hitting her. Pets absolutely go and return faster than a player would for instance.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Now after 4 great Warbringer runs, my pet, with thunderstomp off, keeps pulling vengefuls and I can't mend through it to get aggro back. For no reason.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'm survival. Mend is better at pulling stuff off the pet than shooting the ghost for me. Tried multiple times. Turned growl off, something about a bug where growl gives the pet threat for warbringers, but it doesn't 'work', so he growls the nearest thing. Likely the spirit.

Now on this next Warbringer, my pet suddenly can't hold aggro for shit with the same setup.

edit: Got it finally. Killed all 5 Warbringer spawns. No mounts though.

Jag

Hanging out in Hordewind last night...

siaVLqN.jpg

thanks crossrealm

Those bars....

Get Bartender or something like it.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Ghostcrawler seriously fucking joined Riot Games? Fucking seriously???

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
What's a good add on for mining/gathering materials/general professions

Is there a good one for the UI? Like for health bars

Gatherer is the only one I'm aware of, but I'm sure there are others.

Marven

gonna say something i'll regret here...

I'd pay real money for some magical pet biscuits. Not a ton though.

You mean these? You can buy them on the Timeless Isle for 500 coins from Whizzig, though he's a rare spawn and not always there. Just look for a guy sitting on a giant snail around the arena in the middle. NPCScan and other rare mob trackers should alert you if he's up. He also sells costumes for your perky pug pet.

RkOwnage

HOLY SHIT

I got the 2nd Binding off Garr...it's THUNDERFURY time!

Just gotta get the 10 Enchanted Elementium Bars and I got me a Legendary!

Edit: And as luck would have it, the Eye of Sulfuras drops in the same run!

I must have appeased the RNG gods today...

Wow, the EXACT same thing happened to me this past week. I feel less special now.

Ghostcrawler seriously fucking joined Riot Games? Fucking seriously???

I really thought he would have gone towards a new startup and do something a bit different. Riot has money though. I could see them offering enough to lure him away. One of the few companies in the area that could if he didn't want to move far.

---

Reset day. I'm happy. I might actually do Firelands tonight and get it over with (I never completed it). I have an opportunity to do SoO tomorrow on normal as well for the first time. Kind of excited.

Can every class start the Thunderfury quest or is it still locked to certain classes?

if its a sword a mage can use it =D

Edit: Oh... "This item is the final reward of a challenging and very expensive quest line, which can be started by a hunter, paladin, rogue, death knight, or warrior. "

daedalius

So we're looking at the pre-expansion patch in mid-late summer?

Early fall release of expansion? Sheesh, guess I have plenty of time to hop back in and do SoO huh?

if its a sword a mage can use it =D

Edit: Oh... "This item is the final reward of a challenging and very expensive quest line, which can be started by a hunter, paladin, rogue, death knight, or warrior. "

That's old text, mage's can equip it. I've seen tons of them with them, the only issue is getting lucky with the drops.

Man, that would be great for me if I could only stop adjusting the camera regularly. lol

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Heal pet, kill big mob, kite the spirits if they spawn because they murder your pet.

Mend pet is good for getting aggro from the spawns. But sometimes your pet just acts like an asshole and you have to pull him away until the spawn isn't so close

Man I'm sad today. Was in a LFR with tank spec loot on, come out on the Timeless Isle right next to the Celestials and in my haste forget to switch specs. Drops me tank gloves when I really need DPS gloves since that allows me to upgrade two slots. Put in a ticket but they wouldn't do anything (swap it out, whatever). My fault I know, but it was worth a shot. Just stings a bit, right in the heartstings :p

I really hope there isn't another arena season.

The time between DS and MoP was when almost everyone I know left the game, and 90% of them never came back.

And it's starting to happen again. I worry for their subs if they do it again, and I doubt they'll recover, just like they didn't in MoP.

They need WoD out ASAP.

I really hope there isn't another arena season.

The time between DS and MoP was when almost everyone I know left the game, and 90% of them never came back.

And it's starting to happen again. I worry for their subs if they do it again, and I doubt they'll recover, just like they didn't in MoP.

They need WoD out ASAP.

What you're talking about here is probably never going to get solved. Blizzard will do it's thing and keep it moving. I recall reading that ghost crawler at one point said that they're not really doing anything to attract new people anymore, just keep old ones. A drought that long isn't gonna help them.

Part of me wonders if that's the other reason he moved to riot. Obviously he kind of hit the glass ceiling at blizz, but WOw at this point is probably going to either maintain, or slowly bleed subs for the rest of it's life. Maybe he got out because he saw the writing on the wall?

Salamando

There's no question about it...another arena season is coming. Warlord's won't be out until July at the earliest. If they decide against a summer launch, then September.

I'm already planning on letting my subscription lapse come March.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
There's no question about it...another arena season is coming. Warlord's won't be out until July at the earliest. If they decide against a summer launch, then September.

I'm already planning on letting my subscription lapse come March.

I've been taking a break but letting my sub still go. I just don't feel like playing anymore unfortunately. I think it's because I'm not raiding consistently so I stopped playing with regularity.

I wish all of this content that I need to still do was in the game 2 years ago when I had way more time. Cata really killed the game for me and i never got back into it the same way :(

Ultratech

Welp, time to start farming Thorium nodes for Arcane Crystals...guess I can make some money from all the damn gems and ore I'm gonna get. :D

Gotta make 100 Arcanite Bars for the 10 Enchanted Elementium for Thunderfury.
Then I eventually need another 50 Arcanite Bars for Sulfuras.

I've got most of the mats for Sulfuras, just need the Arcanite Bars and a few more Bloods/Ingots from MC (or the AH should I get desperate...)

Heal pet, kill big mob, kite the spirits if they spawn because they murder your pet.

Pretty much.

One thing to note is that it's probably easier to put your pet on Passive, then tell it to attack the Warbringer, so when you attack the spirit, your pet won't start attacking it.

I'm survival. Mend is better at pulling stuff off the pet than shooting the ghost for me. Tried multiple times. Turned growl off, something about a bug where growl gives the pet threat for warbringers, but it doesn't 'work', so he growls the nearest thing. Likely the spirit.

Now on this next Warbringer, my pet suddenly can't hold aggro for shit with the same setup.

It's better to keep Growl on. The issue I think you're talking about is where the Warbringers are immune to the taunt, but not the increased Aggro generation.

Of course, you'll probably eventually pull aggro off of your pet, and then you have to Feign Death.

Rokam

Man I'm sad today. Was in a LFR with tank spec loot on, come out on the Timeless Isle right next to the Celestials and in my haste forget to switch specs. Drops me tank gloves when I really need DPS gloves since that allows me to upgrade two slots. Put in a ticket but they wouldn't do anything (swap it out, whatever). My fault I know, but it was worth a shot. Just stings a bit, right in the heartstings :p

The amount of burdens I've wasted because of forgetting to reset my loot specialization is pathetic.

Man aside from me fucking up my loot spec on Celestials, today has been a pretty good day. Finished Secrets of the Empire, got a Primal Egg, got Evil Eye of Galakras Trinket (albeit LFR and I used a bonus roll). And I finished Black Prince rep to Exalted.

Not too shabby.

And I still have the Twin Consorts and Lei Shen available for Titan Runestones since I dropped out of the instance early. Unfortunately didn't get any on ToT 3.

Hi Guys.

Thought I would just say hello and introduce myself as I just started playing a bit of WoW so I will likely have questions from time to time. Been reading the thread for a while as I have been interested in a different MMO(previously Rift) but was unsure about the sub. I was also unsure about playing to level 90 or just taking the boost at the next expansion. But I guess if I play it I will be use to my character/s and likely be in a better position in terms of economy and gear.

So far extremely low level as I am literally starting from 0. Went with an Orc Hunter, currently sitting at level 10. I did play till level 15 over the weekend but then my friend that plays came on and said oh you are on the wrong server for the Guild. Doh! Start again.

He gave me 500 gold and said it should cover a few mounts once I unlock them. That was nice of him.

VWdrewzBie#6802 if anyone wants to add.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom