• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shahadan

Dat feeling when you're queuing for normal scenarios, heroic dungeons and LFR at the same time, and you're alone in all three queues ;(

Raid stuff

I didn't belong to a guild at all during Wrath so as a tank I can tell you that Ulduar was puggable on my server up to Yogg (got close but never took him down). And ToC was quite easily done in a pug on normal and I want to say we had a solid group of known people that we got through at least the first fight on Hard. I definitely remember going into that and I'm pretty certain we were successful eventually.

But this was taking people I knew were geared well and I had played with previously so maybe not true pug style. But I got to know a ton of people on my old server being a good tank that was guildless so I was often tagging along with different groups and became known for being good at what I did at the time.

I stopped before the ICC patch so can't comment on that.

Come on this is just hyperbole at this point. Flex isn't super hard, it's not meant to be, but the difference between LFR and Flex is night and day. You don't even need a vague understanding of bosses to succeed in LFR, that's definitely not true in Flex.

I didn't mean that LFR and Flex were the same difficulty, but the difference is hardly night and day, and people were wiping in lfr all day back when 5.4 released because they didn't have any understand of the bosses.

TheYanger

I didn't mean that LFR and Flex were the same difficulty, but the difference is hardly night and day, and people were wiping in lfr all day back when 5.4 released because they didn't have any understand of the bosses.

The difference IS night and day though.
Flex has all of the mechanics of normal, just tuned slightly lower. Things that are raid wipers in normal are still mostly raid wipers in flex, you just have to do less dps/healing. Perfect for the less advanced crowd who still wants to challenge themselves. LFR either wholesale removes mechanics, or makes them COMPLETELY inconsequential. Yeah, people wiped the first week but that's not really saying anything.

Tacitus_

I doubt it, my full Normal geared SoO warlock couldn't do it, but I was ignorant of the whole fight and just focused the boss. Even got a Warrior buddy in (whos undergeared) to help and the best we got him was 10%. He chews your void walker for breakfast.

Probably why. If I had to guess, he had the melee speed buff up and then he really cleaves your pet in half.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I need to sleep before tackling this warlock final boss for the green flame.

Who designed the quest? Because I want to know why there's no ramp up to it. It's just 'easy, easy, easy FUCK YOU'

Khezu

I got the bow from that turtle boss in ToT, it's supposed to have a cool energy effect when you shoot it, but it looks like it's bugged for female blood elfs.

Oh well.

Fjordson

I can buy it on the ingame shop so I guess you can too :p
Looks like it is up! I've never caved and bought anything in the store before, but this one is tempting.

I got the bow from that turtle boss in ToT, it's supposed to have a cool energy effect when you shoot it, but it looks like it's bugged for female blood elfs.

Oh well.
Oh wow, the bow has the lightning-esque effect? I didn't know that. Thought it was only the Voice of the Quilen gun. I actually have that bow from LFR, but never used it. Might transmog my gun to that now.

Tacitus_

I need to sleep before tackling this warlock final boss for the green flame.

Who designed the quest? Because I want to know why there's no ramp up to it. It's just 'easy, easy, easy FUCK YOU'

You thought you'd kill the boss easily after a gathering quest? Naaawwwt. It's easy as shit to overgear these days too. Most people were ilvl ~500 when that came out.

Tacitus_

OH FUCK ME SIDEWAYS

DbptMx8.jpg

What kind of fucking RNG is this?

Acidote

OH FUCK ME SIDEWAYS

DbptMx8.jpg

What kind of fucking RNG is this?

Well, I've never got a heirloom weapon from Garrosh while most guildies have already looted two or three of them (only counting normal mode). There's one, who also happens to be a personal friend of mine, who got his seventh heirloom this last save.

Tacitus_

Well, I've never got a heirloom weapon from Garrosh while most guildies have already looted two or three of them (only counting normal mode). There's one, who also happens to be a personal friend of mine, who got his seventh heirloom this last save.

I've gotten one on my main and four of the same weapon on my alt. I'm somewhat peeved of getting four of the same goddamn weapon.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
You thought you'd kill the boss easily after a gathering quest? Naaawwwt. It's easy as shit to overgear these days too. Most people were ilvl ~500 when that came out.

I don't even mean the gathering. I mean the boss and adds prior.

Eh, I'll go back and do it after I've gotten some LFR gear. There's so much random bullshit that it's better for me to just get better gear. And I keep having issues where the fel imps won't bunch up. I let him finish summon them and it's like some are close to me and the pit lord and then there's like 30 just hanging out IN the portal, blasting me because, for whatever reason, they instantly aggro me instead of the pit lord even though he's closer.

Tacitus_

I don't even mean the gathering. I mean the boss and adds prior.

Eh, I'll go back and do it after I've gotten some LFR gear. There's so much random bullshit that it's better for me to just get better gear. And I keep having issues where the fel imps won't bunch up. I let him finish summon them and it's like some are close to me and the pit lord and then there's like 30 just hanging out IN the portal, blasting me because, for whatever reason, they instantly aggro me instead of the pit lord even though he's closer.

Pro tip: spec to destruction. Mannoroth's Fury optional.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'm destro. It's still rough. Mainly being able to get the pit lord behind the portal before the fel hunters because it takes me too long to kill them.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Gonna try the fight again, but now I have a second spec specifically for the fight with the grimoire of sacrifice

I think the biggest issue with this fight is that ... sometimes my gateways just don't want to work! Manually clicking or with the glyph

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
lol, I underlined it and everything

Yeah, but when i see such a huge bold line put directly on text, i usually think "Hiding a word/name" not underlining something, and I didn't bother looking at the rest of the description since i thought "why is he hiding that?" and went to write my post. lol :p

Jag

I didn't realize the Heirlooms drop from Flex 4. Any tips on getting in a Flex group? Best times and days (besides Tuesday). I'm using Oqueue but the waitlist for DPS on Flex 4 is huge. I'm a 545 Hunter.

Tacitus_

Yeah, but when i see such a huge bold line put directly on text, i usually think "Hiding a word/name" not underlining something, and I didn't bother looking at the rest of the description since i thought "why is he hiding that?" and went to write my post. lol :p
A curious thought given that I left my character names in there :lol

I didn't realize the Heirlooms drop from Flex 4. Any tips on getting in a Flex group? Best times and days (besides Tuesday). I'm using Oqueue but the waitlist for DPS on Flex 4 is huge. I'm a 545 Hunter.

I just watch openraid chat and pick a group from there. Reset days and weekend evenings tend to be best, though they tend to prefer people with experience in the fight. You could also look towards signing to an event on openraid.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
This doesn't need its own thread, so I post it here:

SANTA MONICA, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Activision Blizzard, Inc. (Nasdaq: ATVI) intends to release its fourth quarter 2013 results after the close of the market on Thursday, February 6, 2014. In conjunction with this release, Activision Blizzard will host a conference call that will be broadcast over the Internet.

Thursday, February 6, 2014

1:30 p.m. Pacific Time (4:30 p.m. Eastern Time)

To listen to the call, please log onto:

http://investor.activision.com/events.cfm

Or dial:

U.S. and Canada: 877-857-6161

International: 719-325-4806

Passcode: 2197679

Anyone planning to dial in to the call should RSVP to Pam Beaver at:

E-mail: PBeaver@activision.com

A presentation corresponding with the conference call will be available in Adobe Acrobat format at http://investor.activision.com/events.cfm. A replay of the call will also be available approximately three hours after the call's conclusion and archived for one year in the Investor Relations section at www.activisionblizzard.com.
Source: http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20140116005405/en#.UtgNZPTuJIE

One of the dates I was suspecting. Anyway, expect some new WoD information (maybe a lot of information) before or on the 6th of February. I'll see if I can call in to ask Mike Morhaime a question or two.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Got him down to 30% twice now. Last time sucked because I might have been able to get him, but my UI decided not to change the action bar for Fire and Brimstone. Acting as if I didn't have it on, when I did thus me not getting any embers.

Jag

I just watch openraid chat and pick a group from there. Reset days and weekend evenings tend to be best, though they tend to prefer people with experience in the fight. You could also look towards signing to an event on openraid.

Do you have to register to use openraid chat?

Does anyone here who plays Ele Shaman have any particular keybinds/addons or other advice? Gotta redo all my stuff for mine, and there's quite a lot to handle. So many utility buttons - not sure if I just keep totems inside the pop-out menus or what, for example.

Tacitus_

Does anyone here who plays Ele Shaman have any particular keybinds/addons or other advice? Gotta redo all my stuff for mine, and there's quite a lot to handle. So many utility buttons - not sure if I just keep totems inside the pop-out menus or what, for example.

General advice: if it's something you need on a moments notice, bind it. So cooldowns and abilities you need in general playing should be bound. Stuff like water walking or the buff spell for your weapon can be left unbound.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Well, Sacrificial Pact with the pit lord makes his chaos bolts a joke. Making progress here. It's pretty much down to how much bullshit the felhunters want to pull.

I absolutely LOVE Elementarist, and would highly recommend you grabbing that for starters.

I use Bartender to bind my keys, TotemTimers for my totem binds and cooldowns. I alse use healbot for off heals and to quickly change weapon buffs and shields (When changing specs) as I have it assigned for both my primary and secondary specs.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
This fight is at that point where I just knew if ONE less thing was in it, I'd get it. Doesn't matter what. Just any one less thing, I'd be fine.

Think I'm gonna go run some LFRs to get more gear and just try to burn him before the second felhunter phase. Should be doable.

My paid time still cant pass to renew my sub, lucky me blizzard support is awesome that they are giving me free time untill they fix that payment problem.

Tacitus_

This fight is at that point where I just knew if ONE less thing was in it, I'd get it. Doesn't matter what. Just any one less thing, I'd be fine.

Think I'm gonna go run some LFRs to get more gear and just try to burn him before the second felhunter phase. Should be doable.

What's your ilvl like? People were doing it with sub 500 so you should be able to almost faceroll it with SoO LFR stuff.

Do pets that you get from items have a chance at being rare or are they all the same? Wowhead lists stats for a rare version of Mr. Chilly for example but mine is uncommon.

Salamando

Do pets that you get from items have a chance at being rare or are they all the same? Wowhead lists stats for a rare version of Mr. Chilly for example but mine is uncommon.

All pets from items have a set quality. My engineer can make Pierre who's blue and a Pet Bombling who's green. A rare Mr. Chilly is just an uncommon one upgraded with a Pet Stone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom