• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tacitus_

The only AoE Galakras does in the last phase is the basic pulse and the orb. Probably someone fucked up the orb placement which tends to wipe the raid, even on Flex.

If they face the pit lord you have enslaved they will INSTANTLY free him. And you can't recover unless you get insanely lucky because the felhunters take a while to die. The problem is that 'seeing' the Pit Lord is incredibly broad. It's like they have to be turned 180% away and sometimes they just spawn behind you for no reason. And sometimes they spawn and face the pit lord immediately.

How does the pit lords interrupt work ? Do you put it on your bar?

So with the fel hunters, from what I read you just ctrl 3 and out him on the side of the portal and put RoF basically IN the portal and that will get their attention. Do you just leave the lid lord there by the portal until they're down? Just chaos bolt them?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
How does the pit lords interrupt work ? Do you put it on your bar?

So with the fel hunters, from what I read you just ctrl 3 and out him on the side of the portal and put RoF basically IN the portal and that will get their attention. Do you just leave the lid lord there by the portal until they're down? Just chaos bolt them?

I did the thing behind the portal. It still has a chance for a felhunter to randomly free him. You also get a dot that can be dispelled but it'll cause you to get bounced which will move the felhunters and any movement has a chance to free him. I just click the pit lord interrupt. The only times you need it are during cataclysm(which has a long cast bar) and imps (which you have to wait for them all to be summoned)

The thing with the fel hunters is they're just real buggy. They can pull him pretty easy. Especially when you're trying to kill them, trying to decurse, and trying not to stand in the bad. It was actually easier when gear wasn't as good for that part because the pit lord took the bulk of his attacks and dots while you dealt with fel hunters.

Tacitus_

I did the thing behind the portal. It still has a chance for a felhunter to randomly free him. You also get a dot that can be dispelled but it'll cause you to get bounced which will move the felhunters and any movement has a chance to free him. I just click the pit lord interrupt. The only times you need it are during cataclysm(which has a long cast bar) and imps (which you have to wait for them all to be summoned)

The thing with the fel hunters is they're just real buggy. They can pull him pretty easy. Especially when you're trying to kill them, trying to decurse, and trying not to stand in the bad. It was actually easier when gear wasn't as good for that part because the pit lord took the bulk of his attacks and dots while you dealt with fel hunters.

Huh? Do you mean kept pulling aggro off him? Did you use Soul Shatter?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
You can't pull aggro off of him because he's on you the entire time. Even if you soulshatter. Even if you use ports. If you LOS his chaos bolts, he'll run after you.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Oh, right. It's been over half a year since I did it. But what do you mean by your gear then?

There's no mechanic forcing him on you. But the current tier of gear(even lfr stuff) just can't NOT have aggro from him unless you sat there and let the lord get it. And they nerfed the aggro debuff from the portals(since you can only use it every minute), and you'll hit the DoT timer if you just sat there letting your pit lord get aggro. So it's just more effective at this point to constantly eat dots and use the pit lords breath and the imp decurse and just 'deal w it'

Opinions.

Which healing class do you guys find the most fun?

Druid its still my favorite class to heal, that class can still healing without healing the objetive just buff him and keep those buffs alive on him and you are good to heal the entire group getting free spells every time.

I am leveling a shamman, good lord even with the totems changes it sill can do a overhealing, gotta love those pasive auras.

The monk is very versatile to use you can melee heal, long range heal, stack buffs heals, makes low level dungeons a joke but its getting more and more hard to use on 85 to 90 since it stops to heal the tank propertly and do less group heal compared to the others classes.

I am still trying to raise a disc priest because its the class that use shields, shields sounds fun.

I like Druid healing the best typically from my experience, though Shammy and Disc are fine as well. Shammy is the only one I've actually taken into raids and end-game dungeons.

Don't really have much experience with Pally heals since I usually just tank when I've been leveling them, and I haven't tried Monk at all to have an opinion.

Tacitus_

There's no mechanic forcing him on you. But the current tier of gear(even lfr stuff) just can't NOT have aggro from him unless you sat there and let the lord get it. And they nerfed the aggro debuff from the portals(since you can only use it every minute), and you'll hit the DoT timer if you just sat there letting your pit lord get aggro. So it's just more effective at this point to constantly eat dots and use the pit lords breath and the imp decurse and just 'deal w it'

Uh, what I remember there was a way to dodge some of the stuff. And remember to sac your Imp so you can dispel yourself.

Tacitus_

woot woot, HC Thok down on maybe our 5th pull tonight (total like 90 wipes, but still!)

lWZ30s9.jpg

Been a while since I queued my warrior for anything, but since I'd like to queue as both tank or dps for things, and since I don't have a suitable off-hand that isn't awful, is it better to just go prot/arms with a 502 2H than put up with a prot/fury warrior with a 450 offhand? Or is Arms that far behind that fury with a gimpy offhand is still better in the long run?

Tacitus_

Been a while since I queued my warrior for anything, but since I'd like to queue as both tank or dps for things, and since I don't have a suitable off-hand that isn't awful, is it better to just go prot/arms with a 502 2H than put up with a prot/fury warrior with a 450 offhand? Or is Arms that far behind that fury with a gimpy offhand is still better in the long run?

Arms 4 lyfe bro

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Uh, what I remember there was a way to dodge some of the stuff. And remember to sac your Imp so you can dispel yourself.

You can dispel your stuff but when he is targetting you, he is loading you up with dots. You can never get them all off outside of the breath. You can LoS the bolts but at this point, it's better to just get sacrificial pact and keep dpsing

Tamanon

Banned

Well, I think a LOT of the warrior's damage is determined by the weapon, so I'd say queue as Arms/Prot. Just change your loot spec to Fury, since you'll get two-handers anyways with it.

Solo'd the eye and serpentshrine with my lock. Vashj is a pain in the ass. She got so big I couldn't cycle through the adds. Glad I don't have to fight her again.

Got Kael on my second try in the room. Thinking of doing it weekly on my warrior since he'd mangle the adds. May try the whole "run back to the begining strat with him. Not sure.

I'm a newb warlock. When you sac your imp, what is the name of the dispel? I assume I can drag it onto my bars from my spell book?

Also, anybody know if you can skip razzuvious in NAXX? I need some drops from 25 man 4 horseman and getting past him first is awful.

Boo, didn't even get close to third this week on the fishing contest. Though I did get a Rockhide Strongfish completing the rare fish achievement. Most annoying/hardest one left for Salty now is The Coin Master - need 2 specific gold coins. Could take hours.

Tacitus_

Tacitus, you think I should switch Supremacy for Sacrifice? I'm an Orc, so I do have Command.

Only if the fight doesn't allow you to keep the demon fighting all the time (use the demon lady if there's lots of target switching since her main spell is ranged). Sacrifice pulls ahead at heroic gear levels, but until then supremacy is mathematically a bit better (preferences aside).

I'm a newb warlock. When you sac your imp, what is the name of the dispel? I assume I can drag it onto my bars from my spell book?

Also, anybody know if you can skip razzuvious in NAXX? I need some drops from 25 man 4 horseman and getting past him first is awful.

Put "Command Demon" on your bars. It changes depending on what you have out/sacrificed.

Mordeccai

So as a fresh level 80, how quickly could I get an heirloom set to level an alt up with? And what's the quickest way to get the points to buy heirlooms with, use the dungeon finder?

I just found out about potions of luck.

And now I have to ask... Why would you ever NOT have them?

Cost prohibitive. Especially given the amount of time you spend traveling/queuing vs. straight killing things.

If you're grinding cloth or whatever, then they're great. I used Potions of Treasure Finding to grind Embersilk Cloth for my tailor and that was pretty great - got all I needed in maybe an hour or so.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
So I play in a guild with a whole lot of female players. And I go out of my way now to get all the gross looking weapons because I know it bothers them. Mainly I've been farming Hour of Twilight. I need to get wormface tier for Lock next.

So I play in a guild with a whole lot of female players. And I go out of my way now to get all the gross looking weapons because I know it bothers them. Mainly I've been farming Hour of Twilight. I need to get wormface tier for Lock next.

That's hilarious.

In other news, I joined a raiding guild. Kind of as a probationary trial since my gear isn't really where it should be compared to their progress, but the recruiter knew what they were getting since I said as much ahead of time. We'll see how it works out. If it doesn't pan out, no worries.

I don't really make threads on gaming side but this is somewhat shocking to me.

http://www.superdataresearch.com/blog/us-digital-games-market/

I am inclined to believe the data since they get it from developers and publishers.

WoW made $213 million just in micro transactions last year, holy shit. Separate note, I thought LoL would be way higher than this.

I'm okay with that. As long as they keep the game quality high, they can sell all the 25 dollar mounts they want to.

Slayerx

No, I am fine with it, just impressed with how they are transitioning to hybrid model and off setting sub losses. Somewhere in these reports I saw that they are making an average of $25 a month on Western subs. People are obviously buying those mounts/pets/transfers.

No, I am fine with it, just impressed with how they are transitioning to hybrid model and off setting sub losses. Somewhere in these reports I saw that they are making an average of $25 a month on Western subs. People are obviously buying those mounts/pets/transfers.

I really feel like Blizz is doing it right. I don't feel like anything on the store right now was something they ripped out of the game, just to sell it. SWTOR on the other hand... omfg. That model is BULLSHIT.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Man, the lighting and the mood in Gilneas is SO good. Undercity feels like a crappy Halloween haunted house by compariosn.

Slayerx

Man, the lighting and the mood in Gilneas is SO good. Undercity feels like a crappy Halloween haunted house by compariosn.

I was just leveling a warrior there yesterday. The contrast to Pandaria is pretty amazing, WoW is so diverse. Cataclysm makes me angry though, every time. They spent so much time building Gilneas just to destroy and abandon it. Whoever was green lighting decisions and asset creation/use for Cataclysm really fucked up (for example Vashj'ir being 3 times the size of normal zone and containing unique assets worth about 3 zones as well, not even a fucking daily hub in there, although I suppose Abyssal Maw failure was the reason).

iirate

I'm definitely not bothered by gross weapons - off the top of my head, I think the squid staff from Vash'jir is pretty rad. What bothers me is players that can't be bothered to use transmog at all, or use it really poorly.

I guess I just lived through too many years of clown armor to be able to stand it anymore. It makes constant upgrades my least favorite part of leveling a character, too.

Salamando

I don't quite know what to make of my raid group right now. Our roster hasn't recovered from holiday breaks, so we're routinely bringing 2-4 pugs. It's made progress inconsistent. We get H Nazgrim down some weeks, and fail miserably others. Even on bosses that should be farm status, people get sidetracked, ignore mechanics and cause wipes.

What makes this really crazy is our guild fields two raid teams...with each team having to pug 2-4 people each week. We combine raid groups, we'd have a single strong team, but the raid leader's against that.

Khezu

Thinking about it for a bit, I don't really want a new full on class that much.

I would rather them create 3 separate heroic specializations. That way they can do crazier stuff with each one, rather then having to shoe horn 3 specs into one general idea.

Like they would introduce an engineer type class, demon hunters, and maybe blade master.

Either tack them on to one of the current classes, or make it something any class can learn, but it would have a legendary style quest associated with learning it.

IDK, I just think it would be more interesting then Blizzard trying to force Demon Hunters into 3 different unique play styles.

Khezu

They would just be normal specs like every other spec in the game.

No unique buffs that forced raids to use them, or would make any of the old ones absolute.

Just slightly different playstyles and new pretty fireball graphics.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Activision Blizzard Fourth Quarter Calendar 2013 Results Conference Call

t1391722200z4.png

Come on, beta! Can't be too far away now. With a little luck they have beta started before the earnings release. Most beta tests have started on a Wednesday. The 6th is a Thursday, so for a dramatic effect they could launch beta just before going into financials. Though they would probably be better off with some data (how many people have signed up for beta, how many players have been invited currently etc.).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom