• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.
13/14 Flex now with some good Garrosh attempts (~13% at best).

New guild raid I'm (probably) going in tomorrow is 14/14N, with Immersus Heroic, so we'll see how that goes. I do about 170-190k single target DPS averaged out over the course of a fight, so I hope I'm not too much of a burden. That's with the cleave trinket too - if I had a better trinket for that slot my DPS would probably be bumped by10-20k easy.

Just got back into raiding this week since I joined a friends guild. Also pugged all of flex. Went 13/14 in flex (took 2 runs to kill Nazgrim though) with only Garrosh left (had a bad comp for interrupts). In normal we went 10/14 getting stuck at Thok because of our healer comp (2 resto shaman and a disc priest). Went from using a 530 weapon and 502 off hand to 553 weapon and 540 off hand. Annoyed I already replaced 2 pieces I upgraded this week though.

Jag

Got into my first Flex 4 last night and did great until Garrosh. Wiped over and over late into the night until I just bailed. Wish there was another way to get Heirloom weapons for WoD.

Benutzer

So I been thinking about the granted 90s stuff being sold.

It's 15(?) dollars to server transfer
25 to race change
30 to faction change
15(?) to 'appearance' change (which is the hugest ripoff given how short of features you have to choose from)
Likely, WoD will be 35-40 and come with a free 90. Now surely they wouldn't charge more for an extra 90 than the price of the expansion itself. That would be odd. I guess they could, but I don't see that happening unless they're going with an 'everybody gets one.'

But if you were unhappy with your human mage and you wanted to make an orc mage. Wouldn't you just pay for the 90? I can't imagine you'd stick on the same server due to horde/ally ratios on specific ones. So that's 55 just to race change AND server change. I don't know. I'm thinking too much about this.

I don't even mind leveling. I want them to just let me boost all my profs to max like you can do with cooking. Why the fuck is fishing still a level thing? It should literally just be a button that allows you to fish as if you were maxed, so you still deal with RNG. Who knows how the Garrison stuff will work. I wonder if it'll be some crazy expensive thing you unlock, or the part to level professions will be.

It's like fucking 700 gold for the book to raise fishing by 50! And that's AFTER all the grinding.

i just thought about the 90 boost. if they decide to not let you buy an extra 90 it would cost you $85 to do it manually...
WoW - 20
WoD - 40
Character Transfer - 25

my guess is they charge $50 per extra 90 boost

Aylinato

Bummer, no quick restart this week. Wanted to get a headstart on my LFRs

I did every LFR I could until I got into a group(didn't say it was on last boss) that downed the final boss but left me without being able to go to the next raid. My item now is 476 I believe, getting 502 armor, starting to be able to fight against people my own level PvP as their gear is now longer able to rolfstomp me, so my skill is finally kicking in.

My iLevel might actually be higher but I don't remember

I'm going to start leveling my DK next, I'm excited for that because he has only resource gathering professions, no worrying about crafting like my main with black smithing. Which black smithing is kind of a pain now too. Only get recipes by making the special bars? Boo.

Tacitus_

I did every LFR I could until I got into a group(didn't say it was on last boss) that downed the final boss but left me without being able to go to the next raid. My item now is 476 I believe, getting 502 armor, starting to be able to fight against people my own level PvP as their gear is now longer able to rolfstomp me, so my skill is finally kicking in.

My iLevel might actually be higher but I don't remember

Wait until you go against HC raiders. Their ilvl is almost 100 higher than yours. They kinda ballooned in this expansion >_>

Aylinato

Wait until you go against HC raiders. Their ilvl is almost 100 higher than yours. They kinda ballooned in this expansion >_>

O I know. I got into a half serious raiding guild who the mages have about double my life points. On the timeless isle I've seen a moo kin Druid with double my life and hit like a truck.

If PvP were based on skill I'd own all of them too, but it's very gear dependent I see.

Aside from my DK in going to level a worsen Druid, I even have the name saved with one of my other characters.

I only really like playing classes I can heal myself while fighting. Do you guys think I should go moo kin or stealth druid

Man normal maintenance is such a bummer after being spoiled with rolling restarts the past couple weeks. Especially on the east coast when the servers don't come back up until 2 PM.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Got into my first Flex 4 last night and did great until Garrosh. Wiped over and over late into the night until I just bailed. Wish there was another way to get Heirloom weapons for WoD.

I either get groups like that, or awesome groups that 1-shot. Either way it's not like I actually get any fucking loot. My wing 4 loot luck has been absolutely god damn atrocious, it's really frustrating.

Aylinato

I either get groups like that, or awesome groups that 1-shot. Either way it's not like I actually get any fucking loot. My wing 4 loot luck has been absolutely god damn atrocious, it's really frustrating.

I mostly get gold....which I need to buy junk that I don't need

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I had a great flex 2. Got an OH and a pair of bracers. Did Flex 1 a few days later. Jack shit.

Tis the nature of the beast. And I'm about ready to stop doing LFR on the lock, so I can start on the rogue.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
You get gear from LFR then you use http://openraid.us/events to find flexes. I recommend picking the beginner ones if you've never done it before.

In-game add-ons like OQ (and I think openraid has it's own) are a lot more convenient than just using the website as well. But yeah, stick to wings 1-2 until your average ilvl is 530 or so, as you are unlikely to find flex 3-4 groups with min requirements much below that anyway.

Dawg

But the Nagrand music is still there.

These two on the other hand. I can still see my first character.

ZUG! ZUG!

Where is Mankirks wife?!?!?

Barrens

Durotar

time_to_die.gif

Aylinato

^ talking about music I just love storm winds song. Iron forge is boss too.

I hated outlands music though, I did enjoy the grassland area just not the music.

You get gear from LFR then you use http://openraid.us/events to find flexes. I recommend picking the beginner ones if you've never done it before.

I'll have to see if my guild has lower raiding gear(they r like 100 iLevel ahead of me). Then I'll have to check this out.

Druid or warlock which one should I level after my DK

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
From the brilliant mind who thought up Sha controlling Pandaren Warlocks, I had another epiphany. Troll Druids should be Dinomancers instead of turning into f ucking earthy shit like bears and cats. I'm not talking feral spirits either.

Cat form - Raptor form
Bear form - Direhorn form or Anklyosaur
Travel form - Brontosaurus or those little guys. I forget what they're called
Moonkin - Dilophosaurus
Tree would still just be a tree.

Aylinato

Trying to decide if the 12 extra bag slots from the two Royal Satchels I just made is worth the ~7k gold I would get from selling them.

I wish they weren't that expensive :/ i rarely only have 12 bag slots, idk where all this crap comes from.

Raids reset today, time to try again for mounts! And more being Indiana jones!!

Peachpies

Trying to decide if the 12 extra bag slots from the two Royal Satchels I just made is worth the ~7k gold I would get from selling them.
I think it depends on how you play the most and also how much gold you have right now. The extra bag space is nice but often you can almost always free up some bag space by moving stuff to the bank or an alt or even just selling off stuff you don't really need, but if you are good on gold and tend to keep a lot of stuff in the long term I think going for the bigger bags is a better choice.

Khezu

That looks awesome. Want it really bad to match my Raven mount.

I'm gonna be so pissed once they reveal it to be another store mount.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
looks like Anzu fucked a skyscreamer
That looks awesome. Want it really bad to match my Raven mount.

I'm gonna be so pissed once they reveal it to be another store mount.

If it was an in-store mount it would take away all the new car smell from the Skyreaver

antronoid

On second thought, that mount looks like it might be a store mount, seems weird they would show just the mount and not the pet too (seeing as it was confirmed that you get a mount and pet).

Salamando

Decent week of loot for me...picked up the Right Half binding off Geddon, a BOA Dagger off Garrosh, and finished up my Legendary Staff. Legendaries were so much more awesome when acquiring them had some pomp.

Ultratech

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Hope its not a store mount, seems like they're releasing mounts on the store faster and faster these days. Blizzard getting greedy greedier!

Hope its not a store mount, seems like they're releasing mounts on the store faster and faster these days. Blizzard getting greedy greedier!

Until people start punishing them for the naked cash grabs in their now in-game cash shop they have no reason to slow down the gravy train.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom