• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shahadan

So apparently cyrillic characters bug out my UI. Guess what half of the arena opponents had in their name?

Goddamn russkies
tUVLgPH.gif

Haha, same problem with russian. It's a shame since there are the only ones who accept my 520 and 530 dps into their Flex runs ;'(

Edit: I wonder what the next class will be, if there is ever one. Probably a mail wearer in any case. And they'll probably give it a tank sepc, should be interesting.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
How easy is Mount Hyjal, SSC and Tempest Keep at lvl 85 with 2 characters at that level? My enh shaman is at this lvl, as well as my gf's hunter, and i'd like to get a chance for the T5 set and the fist weapons that goes well with it before tomorrow's reset. I know they're all super easy to solo at lvl 90, but i'm unsure at 85, since the difference in DPS and health is rather huge.

Tacitus_

How easy is Mount Hyjal, SSC and Tempest Keep at lvl 85 with 2 characters at that level? My enh shaman is at this lvl, as well as my gf's hunter, and i'd like to get a chance for the T5 set and the fist weapons that goes well with it before tomorrow's reset. I know they're all super easy to solo at lvl 90, but i'm unsure at 85, since the difference in DPS and health is rather huge.

Basically faceroll worthy. The only thing that can cause a problem is the first boss in Hyjal because his DnD does hp % damage.

Bisnic

Basically faceroll worthy. The only thing that can cause a problem is the first boss in Hyjal because his DnD does hp % damage.

That's what i assumed too, i'm only worried about Kaelthas, because of the ressurrected generals that can CC both of us too much without the orange staff that makes us immune to most of them.

Tacitus_

That's what i assumed too, i'm only worried about Kaelthas, because of the ressurrected generals that can CC both of us too much without the orange staff that makes us immune to most of them.

Eh, he's a pushover as long as you don't get CC locked. Not to mention, a single 85 does basically as much DPS as a whole raid did back in TBC.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Another flex Blackfuse kill with bonus roll, another RNG middle finger. Having offset lfr shoulder sure is awesome.

You could do the run back method for them and probably be fine. Or kill them in different places so they don't all bum rush you. That's what I did.

As for SSC, I think with two people it would be cake. Maneuverability seems to be the key. As long as you guys can keep most of the trash off of her and get to the tainted water things you should be good.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I am desperate to find a flex 1 before the reset this week. But it's like ... that's one thing about LFR I like. I can find a group. It might suck, but I'll find another. Flex it's like OQ is always full and openraids always puts me on reserve, and I'm trying to find more 'beginner' friendly flex 1s just because the people in there a much friendlier environment. And that IS one where they tell people what to do to prevent confusion, but they're specifically made for that.

And my guild only does 1 wing a week because they're not a raiding guild. I am doing regular ToT tomorrow with them though. So I can get some upgrades there.

Shahadan

I think you can kill the generals at different places in the room so you have time to kill the most annoying before the others get to you but I'm not sure.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I found a real solid flex 1 group. My DPS was nowhere near top, but it wasn't like a huge gap between me and the people in front of me. Of course, I only got gold from it, but I think it's a little easier to find flex in the morning, so I can save my seals for flex instead of lfr now.

One wing a week? Yeesh. We clear all four wings in three hours on our drunk alts run.

Flex is crossrealm. You should invite me ;) Nah they're nice people, but they're not very focused on proper raiding. Some people in it are real geared though. I need to ask them where they're going to raid

Tacitus_

Flex is crossrealm. You should invite me ;) Nah they're nice people, but they're not very focused on proper raiding. Some people in it are real geared though. I need to ask them where they're going to raid

EU horde and we only speak finnish in the raid. Still interested? :p

Entropia

No One Remembers
I found a real solid flex 1 group. My DPS was nowhere near top, but it wasn't like a huge gap between me and the people in front of me. Of course, I only got gold from it, but I think it's a little easier to find flex in the morning, so I can save my seals for flex instead of lfr now.

No one should use coins in LFR, ever.

Ultratech

I got the bindings off Baron 5 times before I got the Garr bindings. FIVE times. I was furious.

I wanna say it took me a few months between Baron dropping his binding and Garr dropping his.

About halfway done on my Arcane Crystal farming for Thunderfury.
I'm sitting on so much Thorium ore right now, it's ridiculous.
Should be some pretty decent money at least when I can flood the market with it. :D

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
This POS timeless dagger. I had a ToT LFR staff but I got a flex SoO OH so now I have to balance a really really good OH with a really really bad mh. And I'm all LFRd out for the week. I'd try to find a normal ToT but they seem impossible to find without ridiculous ilvl requirements for transmog(and carrying guildies)

Bisnic

No one should use coins in LFR, ever.

What about people who don't do anything else but LFR? I didn't bother trying to find flex groups on my 2 mains before stopping to play them to concentrate on alts, so i used all my coins in there + Celestials and Ordos.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I never use my coins on Celestials because the pool's too big to me. I could get a bunch of pvp stuff I'll never use. And yeah, sometimes you just want to get coins to get some immediate upgrades.

Tacitus_

AV I can sort-of understand (attacking the Horde base is just easier) but what about IoC makes Alliance win so much?

If they're still doing the same thing, everyone on their sade rushes air field and parachutes to the horde base and rushes the commander.

Shahadan

The proving grounds (or whatever it's called in english) are actually well done. I'm surprised. I wonder if they'll use thta or a modified vrsion for the free 90 tutorial.

There's a blue proto on the BMAH for 700k gold.

Dude, I will run UP every day for you until it drops for 500k gold.

haha yeah...that's an extremely fast mount run. Before I got the blue proto, I could easily run it in less than 3 mins including travel time (using the hearthstone).

Raven Lord is also fast...what other mount runs take such little time to do?

Bisnic

haha yeah...that's an extremely fast mount run. Before I got the blue proto, I could easily run it in less than 3 mins including travel time (using the hearthstone).

Raven Lord is also fast...what other mount runs take such little time to do?
Almost every mounts that drop from 5 mans take very little time. Only one that takes a little too long is the dragon boss from Vortex Pinnacle.

That and Onyxia, OS and Malygos if you're a nicely geared ranged class.

Salamando

Don't forget Attumen's mount. Take a port to Dark Portal, fly to Kara, AOE down the first room, done in no time.

Alysrazor's not bad if you're the right class. Most of it's just learning what you need to do.

The battleground graph is really interesting. (Sample of 16m BGs)

PzaQqXZ.png

Dayum at Isle of Conquest!

I really wish Blizzard would try to fix this. Doing battlegrounds is much less fun when you are on the losing side most of the time. Having a ridiculous win ratio on AV and IoC isn't much of a consolation. I used to love doing battlegrounds, it's my favorite form of pvp. Not so much these days.

If they're still doing the same thing, everyone on their sade rushes air field and parachutes to the horde base and rushes the commander.

Unless something has changed in the last few months, then alliance zerg docks, not air field.

Robin64

I wonder if one solution to BG imbalance is (and this is going to sound radical) to assign people to red or blue once inside, regardless of faction. It's just Red vs Blue and you queue and get put on a random team. Faction means nothing in there.

I know this might not be a popular idea.. But I always thought it would be nice to do this with dungeons too.

Jag

I have to find all mine through OQ and Openraid. Openraid usually being the preferred option.

Yeah I really need to find a Flex 4 to farm Garrosh for the Heirloom. It's really the only thing left of value to do in MoP that will carry over into WoD.

Tacitus_

Yeah I really need to find a Flex 4 to farm Garrosh for the Heirloom. It's really the only thing left of value to do in MoP that will carry over into WoD.

Speaking of which, I wonder how they'll scale at WoD. I mean, surely they can't be as good as epic weapons you get from there.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I like to think heroic 5 man weapon level at most. I guess I could see LFR. No way it'd be flex mode level though. Surely.

Salamando

Expecting maybe a tad better than whatever dungeon blue is available at that level. Enough that you'd want to keep using them, not so much that you destroy everything. If there's BOA blues from Arch or World Loot, I expect those would be the best thing for levelling.

Jag

Speaking of which, I wonder how they'll scale at WoD. I mean, surely they can't be as good as epic weapons you get from there.

No, but they will probably be better than anything you get from 90-100 if the current Heirlooms are any indication.

So a very viable leveling Heirloom.

Tacitus_

Oh right and there's the variable ilvl. Heroic heirlooms are 26 ilvls higher than flex ones, which most who have any of them will be sporting.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
So I been thinking about the granted 90s stuff being sold.

It's 15(?) dollars to server transfer
25 to race change
30 to faction change
15(?) to 'appearance' change (which is the hugest ripoff given how short of features you have to choose from)
Likely, WoD will be 35-40 and come with a free 90. Now surely they wouldn't charge more for an extra 90 than the price of the expansion itself. That would be odd. I guess they could, but I don't see that happening unless they're going with an 'everybody gets one.'

But if you were unhappy with your human mage and you wanted to make an orc mage. Wouldn't you just pay for the 90? I can't imagine you'd stick on the same server due to horde/ally ratios on specific ones. So that's 55 just to race change AND server change. I don't know. I'm thinking too much about this.

I don't even mind leveling. I want them to just let me boost all my profs to max like you can do with cooking. Why the fuck is fishing still a level thing? It should literally just be a button that allows you to fish as if you were maxed, so you still deal with RNG. Who knows how the Garrison stuff will work. I wonder if it'll be some crazy expensive thing you unlock, or the part to level professions will be.

It's like fucking 700 gold for the book to raise fishing by 50! And that's AFTER all the grinding.

Well fishing skill level is pretty much cosmetic at this point. If you fish in pools (which you should be), you're guaranteed to catch whatever fish comes from those pools.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Luckily you can just level one dude's fishing and have the account wide strider, but you know they'll have something similar in WoD that they'll force you to level up for.

Salamando

But if you were unhappy with your human mage and you wanted to make an orc mage. Wouldn't you just pay for the 90? I can't imagine you'd stick on the same server due to horde/ally ratios on specific ones. So that's 55 just to race change AND server change. I don't know. I'm thinking too much about this.

Everything comes down to how much time do you want to spend recreating your character.

Spend nothing and just reroll, you get to spend time re-levelling, re-tradeskilling, and re-gearing/transmogging.

Spend the $30 (random number) for a 90, you don't have to level and possibly don't have to level your skills, but you'll still have to reaquire any gear you had, any class-specific quests you've completed (Green Fire), and re-learn any special recipes. Those that require daily cooldowns especially.

Or you could just spend the $55 and get the character you want and start working on new stuff instead of stuff you've already done once already.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
I wonder if one solution to BG imbalance is (and this is going to sound radical) to assign people to red or blue once inside, regardless of faction. It's just Red vs Blue and you queue and get put on a random team. Faction means nothing in there.

I know this might not be a popular idea.. But I always thought it would be nice to do this with dungeons too.

Imo the solution is tiered random battlegrounds and allocating equal roles on eac side.

Basically players that don't afk or are active in bgs graduate to the next tier (only 2 tiers total) and get paired with others that are the same. You can fall back down though if you start being inactive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom