• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
You know, I'm nowhere near pro. I'm pretty middling atm due to returning to the game and raiding...

And yet, I always seem to stay alive. It's almost like I pay attention or something.

Ultratech

More people should use Wind Serpents and Dragonhawks...I say that because I want my raid to finally get a magic taken debuff taken care of.

I tend to use one in Survival if all the other raid buffs are pretty much covered.

I rolled a god damned 1, a fucking 1, on the extinguished hand of rag from firelands. FML.

Ouch. Back when I used to do Firelands a lot on my DK, the guy I usually went with kept hoping for that thing to drop.
I swear, every damn week we had Ko'gun, Hammer of the Firelord drop.
But honestly, I've only seen that Sulfuras drop from him only once.

I tend to use one in Survival if all the other raid buffs are pretty much covered.

Ouch. Back when I used to do Firelands a lot on my DK, the guy I usually went with kept hoping for that thing to drop.
I swear, every damn week we had Ko'gun, Hammer of the Firelord drop.
But honestly, I've only seen that Sulfuras drop from him only once.

Yeah, the lady leading the raid was like "I've done this about 40 times. That's the first time I've seen it drop. And I rolled a god damned mother fucker 1.

I'M NOT SALTY THO.

Salamando

I'm just salty over one of our hunter's pet choices. He only cares about buffs, and won't bring out pets to cover debuffs. Then he's quick to rub it in my face when he out-dps's me, especially on Malkorok or Thok. He's he kind of guy you either love or hate. Me, I hate him.

Raid was a bit rougher tonight, having a tank (who was offspec tanking for us - a MT from last night wasn't there) DC and not return after a couple pulls on Blackfuse. Probably 30-45 minutes at least lost from issues stemming from that. Still, got through Shamans, Nazgrim (no runestones unfortunately, 5 to get next week to finish fingers crossed), Malkorok, and Spoils before the night was out. Warforged ring off Dark Shaman for me.

Continuing on Monday and it's gonna be a long wait since I really want/need stuff from Thok. Hopefully nice things drop or I get something from my coin roll. And hopefully the raid doesn't run into the same or similar issues we had tonight. If we can get past Paragons with ease, Garrosh should be relatively smooth. But not too horrible either way for the group with this being the first week running this setup. Next lockout should be easier.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
You know what would make people LFR more? If you could pick loot specs for other classes for the sake of transmog. Obviously tiers wouldn't work, but I want the eyeball dagger from durmumu.

Ultratech

Welp, managed to get the 2H Axe Heirloom off Garrosh tonight.

That was pretty nice.

In other news, my laptop's still a POS that refuses to work.

Got a replacement charger, and it worked for a couple of hours, but as soon as I go to move it someplace else, it suddenly won't charge now.

So I dunno if it's a faulty charger at this point, or my laptop's just about ready to die.

Ugh my server is getting merged with 2 others. We are the perfect size and basically balanced (maybe slightly horde favored). Think Blizz has gone insane with server mergers.

Well, it's a fight where if you fuck up the important bits, you're going to have a bad time, no matter your gear.

Isn't this basically every fight ever? Not like standing in the purple stuff and moving out with debuff is that hard, although this week it was for my guild for some reason and took 3 attempts (one shot everything else up to spoils before calling it).

Aylinato

Ugh my server is getting merged with 2 others. We are the perfect size and basically balanced (maybe slightly horde favored). Think Blizz has gone insane with server mergers.

Could be worse, three joined servers dominated by horde now connected with even more servers dominated by horde. Lovely

Salamando

Isn't this basically every fight ever? Not like standing in the purple stuff and moving out with debuff is that hard, although this week it was for my guild for some reason and took 3 attempts (one shot everything else up to spoils before calling it).

In many fights, if you don't pay attention you die. In Malkorok, if you don't pay attention, it could very well be a wipe. Thok kind of has the same thing going on.

Khezu

On my server, I almost kinda feel bad for Alliance.

Especially when on the timeless isles.

There is like 1 of them for every 100 of us.

It's always funny when a mass of people are camping Huolon and then one random Alliance shows up and just sits there for like a second or two thinking its cool, and watching 50 people just jump the poor guy.

Tacitus_

In many fights, if you don't pay attention you die. In Malkorok, if you don't pay attention, it could very well be a wipe. Thok kind of has the same thing going on.

Yeah. If you fuck up in other fights, you usually just kill yourself. In Malk, if the soakers fail, it can snowball to a wipe very quickly.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I did like 3 bosses with the guild on regular ToT. Is there any major differences between LFR ToT and normal mode? Didn't seem like it. Wanted to run it a few more times.

Tarazet

I did like 3 bosses with the guild on regular ToT. Is there any major differences between LFR ToT and normal mode? Didn't seem like it. Wanted to run it a few more times.

Most encounters are exactly the same, the shit on the ground is just less threatening. However, Dark Animus is completely different. In normal mode, the golems buff each other and the big ones have a cap on anima, so if you're doing it the intended way, it takes a lot of coordination. LFR is just Leeroy Jenkins to the nth power.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Gonna try to find a Flex Nazgrim group today. Doubt it at ilvl 524 when people have such high requirements. Really need to replace this mh though.

mclem

Problem with the stack strat is that you need some strong heals and good use of Defensives.

Otherwise, you run into issues in the 2nd phase where you're guaranteed to get a Weapon followed up by a Whirl a few seconds after the fact that will do a crapton of damage unless the tanks pull the boss away or everyone manages to burn the weapon quickly.

I only mention that, since I've had a few wipes happen from that combo.

That's the fourth weapon/third whirlwind. We just send three ranged out of range for that particular moment, the weapon targets them and the bulk of the pack is safe.

...not, I should add, that we've beaten the fight. We find the *first* weapon actually more of a problem, with the weapon/MC combo in fairly quick succession.

Tacitus_

I feel that the stack strat is basically for when you're overgearing the fight. At first you should be trying to take as little damage as possible so your healers can keep their mana up the whole fight.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I hit 90 on my second warlock last night, looking forward to gearing up a bit and seeing how much easier green fire quest will be with a ~30 ilvl increase over when I did it on my other lock.

mclem

I feel that the stack strat is basically for when you're overgearing the fight. At first you should be trying to take as little damage as possible so your healers can keep their mana up the whole fight.

We do overgear it, we just also kinda suck :)

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Should I use my valor to upgrade Flex gear or should I save it for the shadopan assault belt? I've got the Timeless 496 belt right now, and I've finished all my LFRs for the week

Aylinato

Don't even get me started on timeless isle there's like only horde and if I don't go with guild mates I get camped. Sometimes even 3 of us isn't enough

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
It's amazing how, if an LFR listens, we can kill just about anything at any gear level. Smoothed wing 4 I've ever had, and the average ilvl was like 520ish.

ZServ

Anyone know what ilvl to expect to be able to do normal SoO 10m? A couple friends and I want to do it for the mount, and we want to get our ilvl sufficient before we start to fill in the cracks.

Tacitus_

Ehehe, oops. I went to IoT to do the PVP dailies and met two alliance guys doing the same. They only had slightly over 400k hp and they popped like ballons after getting a chaos bolt for 250k into the face.

strafer

crazy multiboxer is crazy

qhdGWid.jpg

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone know what ilvl to expect to be able to do normal SoO 10m? A couple friends and I want to do it for the mount, and we want to get our ilvl sufficient before we start to fill in the cracks.
First wing, something around 530 should be fine. For each consecutive wing, add 10 item levels needed. Most groups I've seen advertising for Garrosh on Flex have wanted an item level above 550 at least.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Rösti;98199572 said:
First wing, something around 530 should be fine. For each consecutive wing, add 10 item levels needed. Most groups I've seen advertising for Garrosh on Flex have wanted an item level above 550 at least.

You don't need 550 to do garrosh on flex that's insane. I've done it with most of our group in 535~ gear

RPGCrazied

I sure hope these new models come with more than one face. So far every new model they have shown has one face.

Where is the human male? That needed the most work race wise.

Aylinato

Aah, the joys of a PVP server. How I'm glad to not deal with it.

I used to love PvP servers but being that they keep adding Horde dominated servers to mine, which was already horde dominated(alliance still beat them solely through skill)

I'm also way under geared compared to all of them but I'm managing to fight better each gear upgrade

Human females were generally one of the least bad ones anyway, though the improvement is nice. Really looking forward to see how they fix human males, for example.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I sure hope these new models come with more than one face. So far every new model they have shown has one face.

Where is the human male? That needed the most work race wise.

Wat? Tauren Male says hi. Dude's arms are like 3 polygons.

Oh and in other news, finished Jeeves on my lock today!

Thankfully had Titansteel laying around since Wrath, but I'll have to restock now for whenever I get around to finally making a Mechano-hog.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Human male will be saved for when they need a huge traffic spike. Most popular race/gender combo in the game and the one in most desperate need.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom